Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
It's possible LUTR may hsve obligations. It is 10:35 am for me, so maybe they're working or in class or something, even with a deadline approaching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

It's possible LUTR may hsve obligations. It is 10:35 am for me, so maybe they're working or in class or something, even with a deadline approaching.

Thats why I withdrew my vote until I get off from work. Also they said they have the awful app so that sounds like a delaying tactic.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Haha I know. I was away most of the weekend. Back now and ready to hunt. I already pointed out above that I thought that what little LUTR had posted, it was suspicious. And on your point about me supposedly bandwagoning for BK, I had actually also explained why I was voting for BK rather than multiple other options (i.e. why I didn't vote for imgay, Rurea, Jimson, or Infi). I'm fine voting for LUTR today (look at me bandwagoning again, :hurr:), but since there's still plenty of time till the deadline we should wait and give them a chance to post more.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mayor Glowku posted:

The only oddity is how BottleKnight died

i shot him as town vig

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azuth0667 posted:

:siren: PAGING DR. IMGAY TO THE THREAD STAT :siren:
:siren: PAGING DR. IMGAY TO THE THREAD STAT :siren:

Who did you treat last night?

jimson

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

flerp posted:

i shot him as town vig

Why shoot him over other people you thought were suspicious?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Azuth0667 posted:

Why shoot him over other people you thought were suspicious?

because i thought he was the most suspicious?

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

flerp posted:

because i thought he was the most suspicious?

And why did you think that?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
he seemed bad and i wanted to shot somebody, specifically it was the vote on jimson that seemed to be just joining in on the bandwagon but :shrug: im not rly paying attention to this game that much so idk who else is bad

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

So..you didn't get roleblocked or bussed? how did jimson die? Another vig or SK ?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Like, I assumed absurd's vengeful thing killed him. does that bypass doctors?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
to be fair i wanted to shot jimson but i knew im gay was doctoring him

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My result PM is that I just played a powerful recital, it didn't mention if it did in fact hit jimson or not

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
lol

i mean imgay

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

flerp posted:

he seemed bad and i wanted to shot somebody, specifically it was the vote on jimson that seemed to be just joining in on the bandwagon but :shrug: im not rly paying attention to this game that much so idk who else is bad

Just trying to see if you've caught something I missed :).

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (5): Mayor Glowku, Rurea, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, flerp, Azuth0667, Azuth0667
Infinitum (1): Look Under The Rock
GulagDolls (1): Anomalous Amalgam
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Infinitum, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Azuth0667
Mayor Glowku (0): flerp, flerp
Meinberg (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (5): Azuth0667, iajanus, imgay, Meinberg, tpink

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 19 minutes.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Sorry for not being more active, I've been super busy but will be around more often starting this evening.

Glowku's claim seems genuine to me, as does the idea of someone going after me for being a lurker. I don't have particularly strong feelings about LUTR, but they've been a bit aggressive earlier in the game, despite a post count that's barely higher than my own. I haven't had much time to read into their day 2 posts, and by the time I can it probably will be too late.

I'll extend my apologies to everyone once again, and vow to put more time in when I can.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

Meinberg posted:

Sorry for not being more active, I've been super busy but will be around more often starting this evening.

Glowku's claim seems genuine to me, as does the idea of someone going after me for being a lurker. I don't have particularly strong feelings about LUTR, but they've been a bit aggressive earlier in the game, despite a post count that's barely higher than my own. I haven't had much time to read into their day 2 posts, and by the time I can it probably will be too late.

I'll extend my apologies to everyone once again, and vow to put more time in when I can.

If you continue to lurk we are coming for you next.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I've gone through LUTR's posts and there's nothing in them that screams out to me as being scummy or anything other than just a lurker, except for his weird "well you guys are sucking the fun out the game :colbert:" post which was a bit bizarre. I'm not comfortable voting him based on just that.

I've also read through AA's posts, and although they sound pretty safe and I agreed with his casing of imgay, I'm curious - who did you end up jailing last night? I may have missed it but you commented a fair bit on D1 about it but I don't think you mentioned today who you ended up targeting or what the result was.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

iajanus posted:

I've gone through LUTR's posts and there's nothing in them that screams out to me as being scummy or anything other than just a lurker, except for his weird "well you guys are sucking the fun out the game :colbert:" post which was a bit bizarre. I'm not comfortable voting him based on just that.

I've also read through AA's posts, and although they sound pretty safe and I agreed with his casing of imgay, I'm curious - who did you end up jailing last night? I may have missed it but you commented a fair bit on D1 about it but I don't think you mentioned today who you ended up targeting or what the result was.

GulagDolls, I just got a successful result. Protects/Blocks, no communication or execution ability.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jailer or Roleblocker?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Would the target be told that they were trapped like that? Or is it just if they tried to do something? Can we get confirmation from Gulagdolls?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Jailer or Roleblocker?

Jailer does both those things. It protects and blocks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

iajanus posted:

Would the target be told that they were trapped like that? Or is it just if they tried to do something? Can we get confirmation from Gulagdolls?

I have no idea what they get told, just as my flavor just said successful. Since there's no communicating abilities, I can't say.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jailer does both those things. It protects and blocks.

Sorry reword, was asking if the result you got said Jailer or Roleblocker.

Or if it just said Protects + Blocks.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Sorry reword, was asking if the result you got said Jailer or Roleblocker.

Or if it just said Protects + Blocks.

my result doesn't say anything like that. My role is a jailer and it said I protect my target, but I also prevent them using any abilities. This is of course, paraphrased.

My result just said successful.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Ah thought you were talking about you had investigated Gulagdolls.

It's early in Aussie land =_=

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

iajanus posted:

my pm said I got air combo'd for seven hours

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GulagDolls posted:

my pm said I got air combo'd for seven hours

Cool, that's what I assumed would happen if it worked (not the flavour text, but the idea). As good a confirmation that AA did what he said, and I'll lean on the side of the fence that it sounds like a town ability for the time being.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

iajanus posted:

I think the problem, though, is that now we're at less than 4 hours from the deadline, and everyone else has 1 vote at most - so if it's not LUTR, we're potentially looking at a no-lynch. Which, given that we've already had 2 towns deaths in N1 doesn't seem like a great plan. Is there someone else you have in mind? Not asking you to put a case together or anything, just curious if there's already someone else you're thinking about.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Though to be clear, as I said before, I'm also fine giving LUTR more time to come back and respond - just that there's not much time left for that.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

tpink posted:

I think the problem, though, is that now we're at less than 4 hours from the deadline, and everyone else has 1 vote at most - so if it's not LUTR, we're potentially looking at a no-lynch. Which, given that we've already had 2 towns deaths in N1 doesn't seem like a great plan. Is there someone else you have in mind? Not asking you to put a case together or anything, just curious if there's already someone else you're thinking about.

Reading through some more post histories right now, will reply with my thoughts soon. Sorry for not voting either day so far, with work and my wife attempting to break her leg in half I've only been able to watch the thread via phone and haven't been comfortable with any reads so far to lynch anyone.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

In the process of a re-read, I still don't know how I feel about a LUTR vote, but no one is on board with my Gulag suspicion so I'll come up with some ideas before deadline.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

OK, GulagDolls was pretty gungho against BK with no explanation before abruptly switching to Jimson late on, suspiciously like wanting to get some town cred. Nothing inherently damning, but pretty suspect.

Inifinutm I'm willing to give a pass to since he pretty much was the driving force behind the entire Jimson attack, which seems like a ludicrous bus on D1 to have Jimson reveal such a bizarre and obviously scum position and then let Inf hunt him down. It could be a really cunning scum play, but I don't think so - although from other games with Inf he's shown himself to be pretty cunning, so it wouldn't be beyond imagination. I still think it's far more likely to be a good town read.

imgay is still my most suspicious read - the doctor claiming on D1 is just insane, and then to claim he used his power on the godfather is a nice way to say why nobody confirmed his power. Reading Meinberg's post never actually said that he was protected - if nobody attacked him I doubt he would have been aware of it so either nobody attacked him and hence he wasn't told about it OR there was no doctor power anyway. From the initial ludicrous nature of imgay's posting I'd be leaning toward the former.

All in all, I'll vote imgay > GulagDolls, but could be convinced of either.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Right now my suspicion lies on Azuth and Gulag. Admittedly, and although I agree meta is bullshit, I kind of get tunnel vision on Azuth because their posting just seems odd and scummy to me, but Azuth has been pushing for a rurea lynch, encouraged Jimson, made a vote on AR only to switch it to Rurea.

Finally made a big effort post, then unvoted.

Noncommittal and deliberately short-sighted in most of his posting.

My suspicion on Gulag I've already stated in a previous case.

##vote Azuth

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Right now my suspicion lies on Azuth and Gulag. Admittedly, and although I agree meta is bullshit, I kind of get tunnel vision on Azuth because their posting just seems odd and scummy to me, but Azuth has been pushing for a rurea lynch, encouraged Jimson, made a vote on AR only to switch it to Rurea.

Finally made a big effort post, then unvoted.

Noncommittal and deliberately short-sighted in most of his posting.

My suspicion on Gulag I've already stated in a previous case.

##vote Azuth

On the back of their D1 posting I'm inclined to agree on both the Azuth and Gulag reads. Azuth's posting D1 seems to be a concerted effort to attack Rurea with no justification except to steer us away from Jimson, and only eventually on D2 tried to look like he was critically examining the doctor claim rather than just accepting it as a matter of course. Just so I'm on the record:

##vote Azuth

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

iajanus posted:

although from other games with Inf he's shown himself to be pretty cunning, so it wouldn't be beyond imagination.

:3:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

That's a "I'm pretty chuffed :3: " and not a "I'm a cunning scumbo :3: "

:v:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Infinitum posted:

That's a "I'm pretty chuffed :3: " and not a "I'm a cunning scumbo :3: "

:v:
SCUMSLIP!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't like an Azuth lynch as much as a LUTR lynch right now.

I called Azuth out for lurking and he came back with a solid case on LUTR with justification.
I called LUTR out for the same thing and... nothing. He's not said anything since. He's continued to lurk and hasn't claimed at -1 to lynch.

That strikes me as suspicious.
Like he doesn't know what to fake claim.

• Locked thread