Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I love CDPR's humour at their own bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Looks like Blood & Wine is coming out on May 30th!

https://steamdb.info/app/378648/history/

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
lol they retracted immediately

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Blood and Wine's achievements have leaked out too. Spoiler's probably. I didn't actually want to look and ruin things.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/witcher-3-blood-wine-dlc-achievements-revealed-steam-listing/

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

OhFunny posted:

Blood and Wine's achievements have leaked out too. Spoiler's probably. I didn't actually want to look and ruin things.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/witcher-3-blood-wine-dlc-achievements-revealed-steam-listing/

Had a glance and something stood out a bit.

Playing House: Use all available options for developing Corvo Bianco.

Possible player housing? Oh my, doesn't really sound in character for Geralt to settle down in a house though.

Deakul fucked around with this message at 14:46 on May 9, 2016

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Here's some possible HoS spoilers including a vinyard homebase?! and custom color your armor?

http://i.imgur.com/HNDBxtj.jpg

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

Supreme Allah posted:

Here's some possible HoS spoilers including a vinyard homebase?! and custom color your armor?

http://i.imgur.com/HNDBxtj.jpg

Oh man if the main quest line is similar to the serial killings with the crazy vampire in the base game but way more detailed and longer then this expansion is going to be extremely my poo poo

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aw hell, someone managed to get a snap shot of the B&W steam info page.

Looks like housing is a thing, WINE FOR DAYS.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dyeing armor

Dyeing armor

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Spoon collecting creature.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Wonder if the ending is different then, endings for living at the wineyard alone/with Yen/Triss? I'm gonna hold out on finishing this NG+ then, cause if i understand it correctly i can't do NG++ etc.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

JaucheCharly posted:

I've played through the game 3 or 4 times now and I'm not sure if there's one of these moments where you go out on a witcher contract and face a dilemma like the cat school dude in the quest where wolf and cat play. Do a job, don't get payed, people try to blatantly murder you to save money Ok, the one with the foglet I guess, but nothing that could get really ugly where you have to follow through with your threats.

I realize I'm a little late to this discussion but...

The cat school witcher is an evil mother fucker and deserves a slow and painful death. It's amazing to me though how many people see it as "oh poor oppressed witcher was attacked" when he literally tells the village he's going to be worse than the Leshen to them for not giving him the agreed upon price. When they understandably try to defend themselves in the only way they can, he then slaughters the entire town including all the women and children and innocents that had nothing to do with it. In addition, if you pick the no mercy option, it's heavily implied he's done this before and he enjoys just running around killing people. ALSO if you allow him to "take a swallow" to "make a fair fight" he just throws a bomb in your face.

If he had said he killed the people who attacked him I *might* have let him go but he definitely went entirely too far slaughtering everyone else.

the soil lay light upon you. :smug:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

"Or turn a blind eye and play gwent"

I know what I'm doing. Thanks CDPR

Someone please make a gif of Geralt playing gwent while the room around him is burning. "This is fine. Let's keep playing."

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Rather Dashing posted:

Spoon collecting creature.

*shudder*

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Oh, so it really will be fairy tales, just those well-known non-Eastern Eauropean ones. I'm guessing most of them will start in a Disney manner and then end up pretty Grimm.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Hot. Pink. Bear Armor.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Megazver posted:

*shudder*
Geralt vs Salad Fingers isn't going to be much of a fair fight. Salad Fingers is probably just going to roll up into a ball and cry making Geralt just leave out of disgust and pity.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
http://www.cnet.com/news/the-witche..._medium=twitter

30 hours of new gameplay
over 90 new quests
40 new points of interest
14,000 new lines of dialogue
over 30 new weapons
100 individual pieces of armor
more than 20 new monsters
12 new mutation
New Game Plus maximum level increasing to 100

edit// aaaaaand the article seems to be deleted

Franz von Dada fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 9, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Franz von Dada posted:

30 hours of new gameplay
over 90 new quests
over 30 new weapons
12 new mutation

Jeez, yet another source of info for the expansion is 404d.
CDPR really doesn't want these pages up until it's on their terms it seems.
Otherwise...

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde
If you make a detour on your way to the (HOS spoiler?) wedding, say to the Flaming Rose quest Rose On a Red Field, Vlodomir has a comment for it, and for other HOS areas. Has anyone tried taking him to the heist? Wondered if he has any interaction there.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Anyone know if the expansion will have the option to play only the new content with a fresh level appropriate character?

i really enjoyed the last expansion that way and i don't want to have to replay the whole game again to see the new stuff.

tia.

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite

Real hurthling! posted:

Anyone know if the expansion will have the option to play only the new content with a fresh level appropriate character?

i really enjoyed the last expansion that way and i don't want to have to replay the whole game again to see the new stuff.

tia.

Don't know why it wouldn't when they've already established they can do that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Franz von Dada posted:

Don't know why it wouldn't when they've already established they can do that.

that's cool. i've got way too many games now to do another 100 hours on top of 30. spring-summer 2015 were much slower in terms of good releases.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Franz von Dada posted:

30 hours of new gameplay
over 90 new quests
over 30 new weapons
12 new mutation

edit// aaaaaand the article seems to be deleted

I could play this game forever. Holy poo poo. 90 new quests?

Dirt
May 26, 2003

I am nearing the end of the main story, playing on Death March. Currently level 32, should I level up more?

I am on PS4 and working on getting the platinum trophy. Getting close now...After the main quest is over I can still run around and do stuff right? I still need to do the fist fight side quests(I hate them so much). Can I do those after the main story?

What does NG+ do exactly? Do enemies get stronger? I already seem to wreck everything now with a fully fleshed out Alchemy tree and that sweet bear armor.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dirt posted:

I am nearing the end of the main story, playing on Death March. Currently level 32, should I level up more?

I am on PS4 and working on getting the platinum trophy. Getting close now...After the main quest is over I can still run around and do stuff right? I still need to do the fist fight side quests(I hate them so much). Can I do those after the main story?

What does NG+ do exactly? Do enemies get stronger? I already seem to wreck everything now with a fully fleshed out Alchemy tree and that sweet bear armor.

Level 32 is fine for wrapping up the game, you'll probably get another few levels from the final main quest stuff. The experience is a bit weird where it's almost all in the main quest, so you'll finish around level 34/35 no matter what.

You can do all the side content after the main quest is finished. It's only the major characters affected by plot stuff that have their quests locked out, so wrap up any of those.

NG+ is exactly the same but everything has +30 levels. The difficulty curve is a little different and it's fun for a second playthrough after you've had a break and forgotten most of the quests and such. There's nothing *new* it's just upleveled.

Edit: even on Death March the end game drops off in difficulty a lot. If you bought the first expansion it's a good challenge for combat difficulty and awesome all-around.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

drat, when is the next DLC coming out? It feels like its been close to a year since Hearts of Stone. Err. I guess closer to half a year.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

the truth posted:

I could play this game forever. Holy poo poo. 90 new quests?

And if they're really ball parking 30 hours as the length then this is probably going to last me another 50+ hours.
It's never going to end!

And i just beat the main story a couple of hours ago, man, what a story and what a great ending.
I never wanted the story to end. :qq:

pls tell me yen and ciri are still around to chit chat with or are involved in hos somehow. :ohdear:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doctor Butts posted:

drat, when is the next DLC coming out? It feels like its been close to a year since Hearts of Stone. Err. I guess closer to half a year.

in 21 days

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Thanks for the info. Does NG+ add 30 levels to DLC stuff too?

Deakul posted:

And if they're really ball parking 30 hours as the length then this is probably going to last me another 50+ hours.
It's never going to end!

And i just beat the main story a couple of hours ago, man, what a story and what a great ending.
:ohdear:

This game has blown my mind. Never played any Witcher game before this one, and really had no idea to what to expect going in. I now have something like ~140 hours into it(started over on Death March after ~50 hours), and I still need to finish the final quest. Haven't even touched the DLC yet :psyduck:

I think I might play the older ones after another ~80hours of DLC poo poo

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Deakul posted:

It's never going to end!

I never wanted the story to end. :qq:

pls tell me yen and ciri are still around to chit chat with or are involved in hos somehow. :ohdear:
They're not.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Dirt posted:

Thanks for the info. Does NG+ add 30 levels to DLC stuff too?

This game has blown my mind. Never played any Witcher game before this one, and really had no idea to what to expect going in. I now have something like ~140 hours into it(started over on Death Marcher after ~50 hours), and I still need to finish the final quest. Haven't even touched the DLC yet :psyduck:

I think I might play the older ones after another ~80hours of DLC poo poo

Yeah I think the DLC is just +30 levels too, or thereabouts.

I'm looking forward to a complete second playthrough, one of the great things about having such consistently amazing writing and being loving HUGE is it makes for good replayability.

Be warned that each Witcher game has been a big step up in quality. If you like CRPGs then Witcher 1 is a decent game but it hasn't aged that well imo. Witcher 2 was great, Witcher 3 is among my very top games of all time.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Can I get some armor/weapon crafting advice? How often should I be dismantling? Should I sell junk or dismantle it? Do I dismantle weapons once, or all their components as well?

This is my *second* playthrough, but my first was just the main quest and I was severly unprepared gear wise for the end game, ended up using a console cheat to insta-kill lots of things. Dont want to do that again, and I'm plaaying through all the side stuff, so just wondering if I even need to craft stuff or if side quests will keep me properly geared

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Madcosby posted:

Can I get some armor/weapon crafting advice? How often should I be dismantling? Should I sell junk or dismantle it? Do I dismantle weapons once, or all their components as well?

This is my *second* playthrough, but my first was just the main quest and I was severly unprepared gear wise for the end game, ended up using a console cheat to insta-kill lots of things. Dont want to do that again, and I'm plaaying through all the side stuff, so just wondering if I even need to craft stuff or if side quests will keep me properly geared

Craft the Witcher sets. You don't need to dismantle everything, you can sell most of it. The only things worth hoarding are the high-end crafting materials like Dimeritium and gems, but crafting mats don't weigh anything so just lug it all around.

The gear from quest rewards is pretty bad and it's a running joke about Geralt receiving ancient family heirloom swords as rewards then promptly selling them. The Witcher gear sets are very good and rank up so you can improve them as you level.

Buy maps from merchants in Velen to start the Witcher set quests.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pellisworth posted:

Craft the Witcher sets. You don't need to dismantle everything, you can sell most of it. The only things worth hoarding are the high-end crafting materials like Dimeritium and gems, but crafting mats don't weigh anything so just lug it all around.

The gear from quest rewards is pretty bad and it's a running joke about Geralt receiving ancient family heirloom swords as rewards then promptly selling them. The Witcher gear sets are very good and rank up so you can improve them as you level.

Buy maps from merchants in Velen to start the Witcher set quests.

ah thanks this is exactly the info i was looking for

ill make geralt proud this time, i am 100% certain i got the saddest, lamest ending my first playthrough

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Madcosby posted:

ah thanks this is exactly the info i was looking for

ill make geralt proud this time, i am 100% certain i got the saddest, lamest ending my first playthrough

The sad/bad ending is arguably the best written and directed ending sequence and really fits with the theme of the game series. But yeah, not a terrible idea to spoil yourself on what decisions affect the ending because it's not very obvious how your actions will affect your relationship with Ciri.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Pellisworth posted:

The sad/bad ending is arguably the best written and directed ending sequence and really fits with the theme of the game series. But yeah, not a terrible idea to spoil yourself on what decisions affect the ending because it's not very obvious how your actions will affect your relationship with Ciri.

I did like my ending; I just felt it was pretty clear I made all the wrong decisions. That and the moment when I sold ciri out for some coins because I was always broke.

Any herbalism advice? I can't stop myself from picking up herbs if they're "along" my path, but I have like 100 sewant mushrooms and white myrtle petals and I doubt I need that many. Is there some way to gauge when enough is enough?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Madcosby posted:

I did like my ending; I just felt it was pretty clear I made all the wrong decisions. That and the moment when I sold ciri out for some coins because I was always broke.

Any herbalism advice? I can't stop myself from picking up herbs if they're "along" my path, but I have like 100 sewant mushrooms and white myrtle petals and I doubt I need that many. Is there some way to gauge when enough is enough?

Most herbs aren't worth much cash, and they're cheap to buy from alchemists. The expensive part of alchemy is making the special White Gull alcohol, the actual herbs are ubiquitous and cheap.

So, there really isn't much point in herbing imo. Pick them if they're handy, no sense in "farming" anything because you can just buy them for cheap and save the effort.

The exception to this is Buckthorn (I think? the underwater one you have to dive for) which iirc isn't sold by alchemists or only rarely.

Edit: one thing that will help your money issues a lot is selling stuff to the corresponding merchant type. A magic sword will get a far better sell price from a weaponsmith, if you sell the same sword to an alchemist you'll get poo poo.

Also, even though crafting materials don't weigh anything, you can sell off a bunch of them for cash. Anything you have more than five of, sell off down to a stack of five. Exceptions are metals/ore and high end crafting materials, maybe hang onto those.

High-value stuff to save: metals, ores, gem dust, rare monster parts like Draconid Scales, alcohol for making White Gull

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 03:12 on May 10, 2016

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I got the empress ending and loved it, but I think all of the endings work very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franz von Dada
Feb 10, 2014

A Boy and His Parasite
Getting the Witcheress ending first try blind was the best feeling ever, even if it's the shortest.