Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
If LUTR doesn't show back up, I'll switch, otherwise my vote remains on Azuth. I have to go grocery shopping now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Okay, I'm back home, I'm going to take another look at LUTR and see if anything falls out, and then do a quick re-read to see what seems strangest to me.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I really don't like how defensive LUTR is being, and after re-reading BK in response to their vote on him, he doesn't come off that bad, all in all. BK wanting to vote out imgay made a certain amount of sense in the context of things. I'm more wary about him now, since it wouldn't surprise me if he is indeed a doc, but that can re-evaluated in future nights. Regardless, LUTR is still behaving in a way that's really pinging my gut. I'm willing to vote them off, and will be around for the deadline for real this time.

For what it's worth, I didn't receive any message last night, but I don't know if that's because nothing effected me or that nothing targeted me. I don't want to play against the mod, so I won't speculate.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Meinberg posted:

I really don't like how defensive LUTR is being, and after re-reading BK in response to their vote on him, he doesn't come off that bad, all in all. BK wanting to vote out imgay made a certain amount of sense in the context of things. I'm more wary about him now, since it wouldn't surprise me if he is indeed a doc, but that can re-evaluated in future nights. Regardless, LUTR is still behaving in a way that's really pinging my gut. I'm willing to vote them off, and will be around for the deadline for real this time.

For what it's worth, I didn't receive any message last night, but I don't know if that's because nothing effected me or that nothing targeted me. I don't want to play against the mod, so I won't speculate.

Please, you've seen me defensive, this is just me annoyed.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

To clarify what I've said already about LUTR - I don't think they're necessarily town, I just don't have any positive feelings about them being scum. I've got no real problem with us lynching them to avoid a no-lynch - they're not trying to claim or give us any reason to not flip them and at least gain some information.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I don't like all the posts painting my annoyance as "lol noobs" btw, it's really not about noobs and more about a specific playstyle I find really unpleasant and not any fun to be in a game with. I've had great games with newbies (bottleknight comes to mind) and if you looked through my past games you'd see me defending the poo poo out of newbies.

I barely posted during day one because I wasn't aware the game had started until late in the day. I wasn't kidding when I said I keep forgetting I'm in a game; I had uninstalled Awful at the beginning of the semester and checking it isn't a habit anymore. However, I won't lie; my motivation to participate in this game is toast. Getting dogpiled by morons isn't fun. I like mafia a lot, but there ae certain ways people play that turn me off to games awfully fast, and there's a good bit of that going on in this game.

I'm town hider. Go ahead and dunk me, I could not give less of a poo poo at this point.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Look Under The Rock posted:

This gibbis giveth the gibbis taketh

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

I don't like all the posts painting my annoyance as "lol noobs" btw, it's really not about noobs and more about a specific playstyle I find really unpleasant and not any fun to be in a game with. I've had great games with newbies (bottleknight comes to mind) and if you looked through my past games you'd see me defending the poo poo out of newbies.

I barely posted during day one because I wasn't aware the game had started until late in the day. I wasn't kidding when I said I keep forgetting I'm in a game; I had uninstalled Awful at the beginning of the semester and checking it isn't a habit anymore. However, I won't lie; my motivation to participate in this game is toast. Getting dogpiled by morons isn't fun. I like mafia a lot, but there ae certain ways people play that turn me off to games awfully fast, and there's a good bit of that going on in this game.

I'm town hider. Go ahead and dunk me, I could not give less of a poo poo at this point.

Nerd alert.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I find your lack of play far more annoying than whatever style of play you're whining about.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

I find your lack of play far more annoying than whatever style of play you're whining about.

Preach it

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Azuth tunnels on me in like, every game, for what it's worth.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I believe LUTR, but Glowku is coming across scummy.

Not more so than Azuth but suspect and not helpful.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Right now my suspicion lies on Azuth and Gulag. Admittedly, and although I agree meta is bullshit, I kind of get tunnel vision on Azuth because their posting just seems odd and scummy to me, but Azuth has been pushing for a rurea lynch, encouraged Jimson, made a vote on AR only to switch it to Rurea.

Finally made a big effort post, then unvoted.

Noncommittal and deliberately short-sighted in most of his posting.

My suspicion on Gulag I've already stated in a previous case.

##vote Azuth

Yeah all the reasons you just said to vote for me could pass as a reason to vote for you. I told you all my reason for unvoting. I want to give that lurker a chance to explain themselves before we go hammering away.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Rurea posted:

Azuth tunnels on me in like, every game, for what it's worth.

You don't respect the gibbis :colbert:.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Oh well

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

I know you are but what am I?
I summarized it.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Azuth0667 posted:

Yeah all the reasons you just said to vote for me could pass as a reason to vote for you. I told you all my reason for unvoting. I want to give that lurker a chance to explain themselves before we go hammering away.

Yeah I'm gonna agree with Azuth on this one. It's been a long drawn out day and unvoting to allow someone time to claim or add to the discussion when they're at -1 isn't a scummy move at all.

I think your case on Azuth comes off as being far scummiest.

If we're not lynching LU 'Captain Idiot' TR today, I'd probably go an AA lynch.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Yeah I'm gonna agree with Azuth on this one. It's been a long drawn out day and unvoting to allow someone time to claim or add to the discussion when they're at -1 isn't a scummy move at all.

I think your case on Azuth comes off as being far scummiest.

If we're not lynching LU 'Captain Idiot' TR today, I'd probably go an AA lynch.

I want to omgus you just for being insufferable.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

In fact ##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Just in case I nod off.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I want to omgus you just for being insufferable.

Good luck with that

:boom:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Guys he's doing a WIFOM OMGUS SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's so obvious

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

In fact ##vote Anomalous Amalgam

Just in case I nod off.

You switch your vote at the end of the day...

:ironicat:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Yes you found me out.

I'm a voter.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

##unvote
I think AA might be a better vote. But also Azuth... but I might be biased

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Yes you found me out.

I'm a voter.

A hypocritical one.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Capt Idiot has claimed Hider. For the moment I'm inclined to believe him. It's very hard to fake annoyance.

AA on the other hand is wildly grasping to make cases on anyone.

A hypocritical one.

This'll be good.. How am I a hypocrite AA?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Fair enough - if you aren't having fun and don't want to play, that's totally fine. Sorry it didn't turn out to be a better game for you. :confuoot:

Less than 2 hours to the deadline, so:

##vote Look Under The Rock

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Capt Idiot has claimed Hider. For the moment I'm inclined to believe him. It's very hard to fake annoyance.

AA on the other hand is wildly grasping to make cases on anyone.

This'll be good.. How am I a hypocrite AA?

First off, enough of the bullshit bully act. You come off looking like a dumbass waste of human flesh.

Secondly, you spend the day tunneling LUTR and a couple posts by me get you to switch track.

Third, I'm not wildly anything other than being annoyed with you right now. I made a case on Azuth based on their asinine play style and I'm sticking with it, and ive called out who I found scummy. You may not be a scum, thats TBD, but you're certainly not making the game enjoyable.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

##unvote

In the process of a re-read, I still don't know how I feel about a LUTR vote, but no one is on board with my Gulag suspicion so I'll come up with some ideas before deadline.

Naw, I see the Gulag thing, pretty sure I've mentioned it. I just also see the LUTR thing and she's not playing/giving reads/etc which makes it worse.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Infinitum posted:

Seriously. It's hilarious to me when people act high and mighty when their own play is sub par. I understand forgetting things/RL gets in the way, but don't come in and be insufferable when people jump on you for it. And she didn't even inform the conversation about which type of play specifically she has a problem with. So not even trying to make things better(if there was anything wrong).

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
azuth and glowku are too chummy if you ask me

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

imgay posted:

azuth and glowku are too chummy if you ask me

yeah i agree imstraight

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

sometimes i like to get peoples names wrong on purpose when we start getting too chummy

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

King Burgundy posted:

Seriously. It's hilarious to me when people act high and mighty when their own play is sub par. I understand forgetting things/RL gets in the way, but don't come in and be insufferable when people jump on you for it. And she didn't even inform the conversation about which type of play specifically she has a problem with. So not even trying to make things better(if there was anything wrong).

That's what annoyed me - I'm all for someone complaining that people aren't playing the game well, but saying what is actually annoying would be more helpful.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Look Under The Rock (4): Mayor Glowku, Rurea, King Burgundy, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, flerp, Azuth0667, Azuth0667, Infinitum, Rurea, tpink
Anomalous Amalgam (2): Infinitum, Azuth0667, GulagDolls, Infinitum, Azuth0667, Infinitum
Azuth0667 (2): Anomalous Amalgam, iajanus
Infinitum (1): Look Under The Rock
Mayor Glowku (0): flerp, flerp
GulagDolls (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
Meinberg (0): GulagDolls, GulagDolls

Not Voting (4): Azuth0667, imgay, Meinberg, Rurea

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 09th, 2016 at 10 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 51 minutes.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

While I know this is largely being flippant, it's also a meta self-defense, which is a pretty darn scummy tactic. With time running low, I think the LUTR vote is the best one.

##vote LUTR

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

iajanus posted:

That's what annoyed me - I'm all for someone complaining that people aren't playing the game well, but saying what is actually annoying would be more helpful.

gbs crew has worn out their welcome and fully embraced AIDS

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

##vote LUTR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

gbs crew has worn out their welcome and fully embraced AIDS

The gently caress did you just say to me?

• Locked thread