Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hahaha, now why would I kill the person who was after me the most? :v:

Seriously. I saw through you the whole time, and made a post about it before night was over so it was fresh on peoples minds. And they still bought it.

So lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Which was my worst CuLO, this or DBZ mafia? I think this one might top it.

Can scum please loving stop taking me to CuLO, this is not fair. :(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

When they catch scum outright? THE ONE THAT CAUGHT SCUM OUTRIGHT.

Nope. This is only something you do if you can't convince to cuddle without it. I try making cases/etc first. Because if I can get them cuddled without revealing my role, I can keep using it.

A lot of your analysis was fine. But this was dumb.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Which was my worst CuLO, this or DBZ mafia? I think this one might top it.

Can scum please loving stop taking me to CuLO, this is not fair. :(

DBZ mafia was my fault, not yours.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

TMMadman posted:

Hahaha, now why would I kill the person who was after me the most? :v:

Great question! :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Nope. This is only something you do if you can't convince to cuddle without it. I try making cases/etc first. Because if I can get them cuddled without revealing my role, I can keep using it.

A lot of your analysis was fine. But this was dumb.

If you are a traditional cop, sure, ok, because nobody is going to counterclaim you eventually.

IF YOU ARE A loving ALTERNATING NIGHT UNLIMITED JOAT, HOWEVER.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

DBZ mafia was my fault, not yours.

Was it? I don't remember it that way. I remember loving up CuLO.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Because it's fun to yell that scum must be setting me up as a patsy.

It would have worked too if Hal hadn't watched me or CPig made his soft claim play.

I still can't believe you guys turboed me on that soft claim.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

That was actually what gave CLord away. I didn't consider Jake until it was the final four though.

BTW, going into final day, I thought it was Quid. Once I saw how hard he was trying, I knew it was Jake instead and would have made the right choice, but meh.

But I was thinking it was Quid for how he kept mentioning "maybe it's TMM because of meta" but didn't pursue him.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I wish I was that good at mafia. The only time I've lasted on my own merits to CuLO as scum was the time I NKed my scumbuddy :v:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

It would have worked too if Hal hadn't watched me or CPig made his soft claim play.

Haha, that was a good turbo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I would edit that to say I wish I was that good at scum but really I mean mafia :C :C :C :C :C :C :C :C

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Max posted:

Opop, that was a really good game, thanks for running it.

Was there a special mechanic for the SK?

:( yeah, I should know better by now.

On odd nights, SK would use one player to kill another, and on even nights she'd just hide behind other players

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I swear TMM's "Jake's hosed" vote should have been enough in the end to convince you Quid. And that Hal would never kill me.

I regret not sticking to my principles but I'm glad the game is over honestly.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I don''t know. Hal is kind of in a bad spot there since he is also the doctor.

This basically. Why neuter myself when I could (and would) catch more scum. If I needed to I would have claimed to prevent a miscuddle, but remember this didn't drag on for days, TMM was dead hours after the day started and if you can get scum killed without claiming that is clearly ideal.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sad I rolled scum for this because I just wanted to make cases based on opopchaostuition and saying "the nose knows" in honor of our retiring mod

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

If you are a traditional cop, sure, ok, because nobody is going to counterclaim you eventually.

IF YOU ARE A loving ALTERNATING NIGHT UNLIMITED JOAT, HOWEVER.

Can't disagree more. But whatever. :)

Quidnose posted:

Was it? I don't remember it that way. I remember loving up CuLO.

I did something similar to you in this game and logic'd how it couldn't possibly be bowmore because of something he did that he wouldn't do as scum. You eventually caved and went with my opinion and so we lost. :)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Also I loved TMM coming in saying the scum are trying to set him up right after I watched him do the kill.

Ballsy!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

I swear TMM's "Jake's hosed" vote should have been enough in the end to convince you Quid. And that Hal would never kill me.

I regret not sticking to my principles but I'm glad the game is over honestly.

And had Jake not LITERALLY CLAIMED MY ROLE IN THE FIRST POST OF THE GAME it might have.

HE LITERALLY CLAIMED MY ROLE PM.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

I wish I was that good at mafia. The only time I've lasted on my own merits to CuLO as scum was the time I NKed my scumbuddy :v:

And the funny thing about that game is that you also ended up in an unconfirmed masonry! Just with a 3P!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

It bums me out that people pay so little attention to the night kill.

Quid even asked the right question once, something like "why would they kill KB?"

Right Quid! There was no reason other than eliminating people who were after scum. :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

And the funny thing about that game is that you also ended up in an unconfirmed masonry! Just with a 3P!

That masonry was so loving fun. The shining light in an otherwise very sad game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

CPig's soft claim gambit was enough for me since I was already sus on TMM. Jake had his bus vote down and well, that was enough.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

It bums me out that people pay so little attention to the night kill.

Quid even asked the right question once, something like "why would they kill KB?"

Right Quid! There was no reason other than eliminating people who were after scum. :)

NK speculation is frowned upon around here but maybe we should start considering it again. It's just too easy to chase your own tail, but who knooooows.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I gave Jake too much credit for a good D1-3. drat you, Jake. Never again.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

People should help me redeem myself in this and sign up right now because I want to launch into a new game immediately

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775408

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I don't really like being scum. I much prefer to be town and spout off with the righteousness of being town.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

That masonry was so loving fun. The shining light in an otherwise very sad game.

Sad? We won that game, it was awesome! :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Especially KB and Amoeba and chaos and Max because I like all of you.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

I don't really like being scum. I much prefer to be town and spout off with the righteousness of being town.

Have you been town at all in the last, like, 10 games, because drat man, I have no idea what your town meta looks like. I literally think you've been scum in every single game we've played together.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

Sad? We won that game, it was awesome! :)

DBZ mafia? Uhhh....

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Wait, you don't like me? :(

I like you! :glomp:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Wait, you don't like me? :(

I like you! :glomp:

You're already signed up. I like you though :glomp:

PMush can come too.

Basically everyone but Jake. No Jakes I am mad at my nemesis.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

DBZ mafia? Uhhh....

No, he means the Scooby Doo game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

DBZ mafia? Uhhh....

No, he was talking about Scooby Doo. The game where you NK'd your teammate and I found my ruby and voted with you for the win. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Max sadly already saw the setup! But there are 8 slots left in that game and I'm ready to start it up as early as tomorrow morning if I get the signups. Party!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

King Burgundy posted:

No, he was talking about Scooby Doo. The game where you NK'd your teammate and I found my ruby and voted with you for the win. :)

OH YES. Ahahaha, I thought you were talking about my 3p / town masonry with Diqnol in DBZ mafia. I've been in a lot of 3p masonries.

Scooby Doo mafia was, indeed, absolutely amazing haha

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

Have you been town at all in the last, like, 10 games, because drat man, I have no idea what your town meta looks like. I literally think you've been scum in every single game we've played together.

Yeah, I've been town in the past couple games before this one. AA's Dungeons and Dragons game and Cpig's El Dorado game.

I had been scum like a half a dozen times straight before the El Dorado game and PM'd CPig and told him that I didn't want to be scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Wait, Opop, does this mean....

You're going to come out of retirement every year for Xmas game, right? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

:hfive: thanks! I feel bad about the lurking though so I am gonna take a mafia break while I settle into my new job. It's a lot of work from home so once I figure it out I should have plenty of time but don't want a repeat of this.

• Locked thread