Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

chaoslord posted:

:hfive: thanks! I feel bad about the lurking though so I am gonna take a mafia break while I settle into my new job. It's a lot of work from home so once I figure it out I should have plenty of time but don't want a repeat of this.

It's ok man, we all have our lovely lurking games. Looking forward to playing with you again when you have time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Quidnose posted:

OH YES. Ahahaha, I thought you were talking about my 3p / town masonry with Diqnol in DBZ mafia. I've been in a lot of 3p masonries.

Scooby Doo mafia was, indeed, absolutely amazing haha

Even though I've only run the one game, I like being a slightly bastardish mod by not telling the players everything about their role. Like the hidden BP/masonry you and KB had in the Scooby Doo game.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Quidnose posted:

Have you been town at all in the last, like, 10 games, because drat man, I have no idea what your town meta looks like. I literally think you've been scum in every single game we've played together.

I can't :agreed: this enough about TMM. Even games I'm just reading I still think he is scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I can't believe I was so wrong about Hal this game, I used to be able to nail Hal easily.

I need to not assume about Hal anymore I guess.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Quidnose posted:

Have you been town at all in the last, like, 10 games, because drat man, I have no idea what your town meta looks like. I literally think you've been scum in every single game we've played together.

His meta as scum is obvious. It's very easy to tell scum TMM. He'll sing tunes like trying to change his meta or whatever, or being busy, or being depressed, or some other excuse, but the bottom line is his scum game looks the same every time.

He's going to have to start killing me every game he's scum in, or he's going to have to make some drastic changes in the future because I have him pegged. :)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

:hfive: thanks! I feel bad about the lurking though so I am gonna take a mafia break while I settle into my new job. It's a lot of work from home so once I figure it out I should have plenty of time but don't want a repeat of this.

Congrats on the new job!

Quidnose posted:

I can't believe I was so wrong about Hal this game, I used to be able to nail Hal easily.

I need to not assume about Hal anymore I guess.

Speaking as a spectator/chronic lurker I think you have a bad habit of talking yourself too deeply into an opinion where it becomes impossible to shift out of and reconsider when necessary. :shobon:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

chaoslord posted:

I love working from home, it's the best.

I have to travel more then before, but it's worth it.

You are going to love it!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

His meta as scum is obvious. It's very easy to tell scum TMM. He'll sing tunes like trying to change his meta or whatever, or being busy, or being depressed, or some other excuse, but the bottom line is his scum game looks the same every time.

He's going to have to start killing me every game he's scum in, or he's going to have to make some drastic changes in the future because I have him pegged. :)

I think it also depends on the players in the game and on my scum team.

I think I played a pretty good scum game in the Soldiers game because I was having fun in the scum doc even though the game itself was kind of frustrating.

But it's also been a pain for me to be scum lately because it's happened so many times. I think my perfect ratio of town to scum games would be like 1 scum game to every 10 town games.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Podima posted:

Speaking as a spectator/chronic lurker I think you have a bad habit of talking yourself too deeply into an opinion where it becomes impossible to shift out of and reconsider when necessary. :shobon:

But this is the BEST thing about me :v:

(It's great when I'm right but I am so frequently wrong~)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

I think it also depends on the players in the game and on my scum team.

I think I played a pretty good scum game in the Soldiers game because I was having fun in the scum doc even though the game itself was kind of frustrating.

But it's also been a pain for me to be scum lately because it's happened so many times. I think my perfect ratio of town to scum games would be like 1 scum game to every 10 town games.

Yeah, I think you DID play differently in that game. We had a lot of fun with that. But it's hard for me to judge well since I was on your team.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Just wait until I start playing low energy town games just to mess with my scum meta. The only problem is that the last couple of town games I've had good roles that make me want to participate more.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
o hey we won, good game all

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Just wait until I start playing low energy town games just to mess with my scum meta. The only problem is that the last couple of town games I've had good roles that make me want to participate more.

If you can switch a meta, switch your scum one. Leave your town one alone, we don't need more lurkers. :)

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

JakeP posted:

o hey we won, good game all

I HATE YOU JAKEP

Max
Nov 30, 2002

In the last 5 months of playing mafia, I have been scum a grand total of once, and that was Kash's avatar game, so it doesn't really count.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

If you can switch a meta, switch your scum one. Leave your town one alone, we don't need more lurkers. :)

Well, I'll never be a true lurker. I'll just post slightly less. Instead of being at the top of the post count, I'll just try to stay in the middle of the post count.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Opop, you're great and I hope you read this post. I hope you don't quit entirely.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Opop, you're great and I hope you read this post. I hope you don't quit entirely.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Opop will come back once I run 50 games

Seriously though, Opop you and Amoeba have always been my favorite mods and I am sad I did not win potentially my last game with you

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Hal Incandenza posted:

Opop will come back once I run 50 games

Seriously though, Opop you and Amoeba have always been my favorite mods and I am sad I did not win potentially my last game with you

I am full of all regret :(

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

For the record I sincerely believed what I said about "me too"ing. If someone does it all game sure that's bad but D1 voting someone for me tooing is worse than suggesting a D1 lurker lunch IMO

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Thank you Opopanax for your last game. I had a fun playing this game.

Only one single fun though.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

For the record I sincerely believed what I said about "me too"ing. If someone does it all game sure that's bad but D1 voting someone for me tooing is worse than suggesting a D1 lurker lunch IMO

Me too

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CapitalistPig posted:

Thank you Opopanax for your last game. I had a fun playing this game.

Only one single fun though.

Your fake claim was the highlight.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Your fake claim was the highlight.

I was so surprised he got turboed so quickly after that. Like my main aim was just to see how tmm reacted to it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
And what i said before i realized what a bonehead move it was was that i was glad i got a feeling and switched from jakep to amoeba that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think it was said before, but plenty of us were right on the edge anyway. I know I was after the D1 stuff he pulled. Your fake claim just cemented it.

• Locked thread