Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

My collection, such as it is... http://swgoh.gg/u/stalkerr/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

For your consideration...
http://swgoh.gg/u/warmachine/

I'm working on Lumi, Rey, and Daka right now as far as stars go. Gear is mostly going to Lumi with some Rey. RG is next on the agenda. If I could ever 3-star 6-A, I'd also be working to star Barris.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Mr. Neutron posted:

Have any of you guys who finish top 3 in the raid ever gotten a complete furnace, dildo or that third thingy?

We've done 7 raids, I think I've top 3d all of them, and no full gear :shrug:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I've gotten a couple of top 3s and I have not only never gotten a complete piece of gear but I also have yet to get any of the gear that I need other than a few of those binoculars that QGJ needs. I've got like 7 dudes waiting on raid gear and it's not giving me what I need. :saddowns:

E: I haven't even seen a furnace even in the shop. I wonder if that's Heroic only.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Lord Wexia posted:

What is a good route for leveling up? Focus on gear level or stars? It seems like trying to get 7* on a hero would take a lifetime.
It takes much more effort to get a (farmable) character to gear 9 or 10 than to 7 stars.

Realistically you have to do both and the question is really one of character priority. I believe star priority should be DPS (whose damage stats are the reason you use them) > super tank (rg, han, poe) > supports (whose abilities are most important). For gear it's a little more muddled because speed and potency are important for supports, but there are a ton of damage stats on gear for DPS. I would keep them roughly even with a preference to DPS, but finishing whole levels above gear 7 has a big payoff in the form of protection.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
http://swgoh.gg/u/Cowofwar/

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
http://swgoh.gg/u/stacker/

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Can y'all just put your links in the spreadsheet unless you're asking a question where knowing your inventory would help to answer?

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

kaschei posted:

Can y'all just put your links in the spreadsheet unless you're asking a question where knowing your inventory would help to answer?

That's a good idea, I'll do that.

Dr. Venture fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 8, 2016

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone here Kizzy Jean or Luis Yavok? We've got one spot open in QGJ and folks with those names trying to get in. If you're goons, you're accepted

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
http://swgoh.gg/u/halverine/

I wish I had learned how to play this game before I sank weeks into concentrating on the wrong things.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, he's pretty amazing. I've been running Teebo, Chirpa, Elder, QGJ, RG, and it works pretty well. I'm thinking about taking out Chirpa, he's only 5*, and now that I can actually run Teebo lead, he just doesn't do enough.

I've been slowly piecing together an Ewok team for Rancor, but I don't have access to Chirpa yet. Are you saying I should just skip him? What's an ideal bear team?

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I wish I had jumped on here to get advice from you guys before spending money on the game. 45 chars, no 6 or 7 stars and I'm really getting smashed in arena at the moment.

But at least I know the way forward, just have to be patient and realize I can't play this game all day every day.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

Halverine posted:

... just have to be patient and realize I can't play this game all day every day.

Yep, this is the same problem I have. You just have to put it down and play when you've finally stored up enough energy to do something.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Dr. Venture posted:

I've been slowly piecing together an Ewok team for Rancor, but I don't have access to Chirpa yet. Are you saying I should just skip him? What's an ideal bear team?

If your only goal is Rancor, then I'd skip Chirpa for now. He's going to be a beast for GW/arena, but he doesn't do much for Teebo, with a couple exceptions. If you level up his abilities, they are pretty cool. One of them gives Ewoks retaliation and everybody gets a heal over time. The other one calls in up to 3 ewoks plus one ally. Additionally, if you run him lead, basic attacks deal more damage, and grant something like 25% TM for Ewoks, half for others.So, with Chirpa lead, Elder, and Teebo, you get a pretty insane amount of TM manipulation (Ewok Elder can get 80% off one attack). However, Teebo's stealth has a pretty big cooldown, and he only steals TM when he's stealthy. This makes him ideal as lead, so without Chirpa's lead ability, I think his overall utility is not quite worth it. However, if you have all 4 Ewoks at 5-6 stars, you get a ridiculous amount of synergy, so, worth running all of them. Not sure if at that point you run Chirpa or Teebo lead. RG, Fives, and Rey are probably the best 5ths.

The first two heroes I would absolutely run are Teebo and Elder. In addition to a heal that removes debuffs, and a revive, Elder's basic grants TM to himself and other Ewoks. This makes him pretty awesome at a Rancor fight.

The rest you are trying to fill with damage and utility. QGJ is my favorite in this category (with level 8 basic). This gives him a chance at TM reduction, and every little bit helps on the Rancor. If the door goes down, I use his double attack for a lot of burst. If you don't have QGJ, Yoda is a decent stand-in, even more so if that stage has more than 50% hp (he gains TM and foresight).

Next up you need someone with a slow. The best hero in this category is probably Fives. Next I would take Phasma or RG, depending on your other two heroes. Phasma is going to make a bigger difference the more damage you have. You could also take Phasma and Fives.

Finally, you want a big hitter, Rey, FOTP, etc. I think Rey has the biggest damage output in the game right now, and she grants herself foresight, so she's going to dish out a lot and survive a long time.

Honorable mentions: Poggle, Poe, Han, HR Scout.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Does elder heal remove heal debuff now? It used to need to heal to remove debuffs so heal immunity blocked it.

justsharkbait
Dec 20, 2013

HOO HA HA
Grimey Drawer
So I was wondering this, and I could have missed it somewhere but:

When someone fights you in Squad Arena do they fight the last arena team you used?

If you rank goes down when someone fights you and wins, is there anyway to have like a defense team up for when you are away to make you defeat more players who try and fight you?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

justsharkbait posted:

So I was wondering this, and I could have missed it somewhere but:

When someone fights you in Squad Arena do they fight the last arena team you used?

If you rank goes down when someone fights you and wins, is there anyway to have like a defense team up for when you are away to make you defeat more players who try and fight you?

If it uses your last used team you could climb with your dps whatever team then do 1 more run with your stall team and just retreat out or actually try to win with it. Either way it becomes your arena representative

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
The title screen almost put me off the game before trying it. Just the way everyone is slightly "off" makes it look really amateurish.

From center to right: Short-armed Vader, downs-syndrome Chewie, too-much-plastic-surgery Han, rape-face Windu, football-head Yoda.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Disco De Soto posted:

Rape-face Windu

Please change topic subject to this, OP, thx.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Bought a Chromium Mega Pack a week ago during May the 4th, the game crashed on my iPhone, I logged back in and didn't notice any new characters or shards but my crystals were gone.

Logged a case, didn't hear anything. Checked today and they just closed it without contacting me.

Spoke to a rep in EA via their chat, he told me the team couldn't find any unclaimed items. I asked for information on what shards and characters I received and also an explanation as to why my case was closed without anyone contacting me. He didn't tell me poo poo and ended the chat when I asked again.

Yes, I'm stupid for buying a pack. I'm also stupid for expecting to be contacted before they closed the ticket. And I'm triple stupid for expecting any level of satisfactory or professional customer service from EA.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

So what's the best use of the personal guild currency? Should I be just getting shards, or is the armor somehow worth it? Something tells me I should just stick with the shards, but wanted a second opinion on the matter before I blow through 5k coins

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

:L posted:

So what's the best use of the personal guild currency? Should I be just getting shards, or is the armor somehow worth it? Something tells me I should just stick with the shards, but wanted a second opinion on the matter before I blow through 5k coins
I would say getting shards via guild currency is the luxury option. Getting a team geared up is extremely important and several items are either exclusive to raid rewards and the guild store. Maybe buying Rey shards is worth it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

We don't know yet if the guild exclusive heroes are worth it. Until then I would hold off buying those.

Rey and Ewok Elder are probably worth it because they are so hard to farm.

I'm saving mine for the raid/store exclusive gear. I need so many of each it's slightly insane.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I'd say that Rey is a high enough priority that she should be bought if needed but I don't think you should skip on gear you need because of her.

:L
Oct 28, 2004

Okay that's what I figured, rey seemed like the only worthy character so she is the only character I've been getting shards for.. Otherwise my currency has just been building up while I figure out what would be worth purchasing. Even though the gear seems massively expensive, I honestly don't mind cause what else am I going to spend it on (except for rey of course)?

It's funny, I have a bunch of characters that everyone was saying to get, meanwhile the meta changes or certain characters fell out of favor. For example I got poe, poggle, both ig all waiting to be unlocked and promoted, but seeing as they wouldn't fit too well in my current line up, they're benched for now. On top of that I got close to a dozen other characters all in various stages of leveling/gearing/ starring up so there's another bunch I have to prepare credits for...

It's funny, in other games I do not care about iap items or stuff of that nature, but in this game where I've been f2p since the game launched, I feel a lot of pride in my stable of characters. Even though they're not of any real world value, i feel like they're worth something simply due to the amount of time and effort I sunk into this dumb little game.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

It's funny, I have a bunch of characters that everyone was saying to get, meanwhile the meta changes or certain characters fell out of favor. For example I got poe, poggle, both ig all waiting to be unlocked and promoted, but seeing as they wouldn't fit too well in my current line up, they're benched for now. On top of that I got close to a dozen other characters all in various stages of leveling/gearing/ starring up so there's another bunch I have to prepare credits for...

On the plus side, doing well in raiding requires a huge stable of heroes, so this is good.

I also went down the path of Poe, Poggle, IG-88/86.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Holy poo poo after more than two hours on chat with EA Customer Support where I ask for evidence that I got what I paid for or a refund of the crystals and they say their team investigated and found my claim "false" I'm ready to explode.

EA obviously have no interest in pulling themselves out of their hole of being voted one of the worst companies in the world for customer service.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

If you are on iOS you can ask for a refund with the IAP. I had it happen once and I was able to get the IAP refunded.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

MarcusSA posted:

If you are on iOS you can ask for a refund with the IAP. I had it happen once and I was able to get the IAP refunded.

Thanks man, I'll give that a go.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Halverine posted:

Thanks man, I'll give that a go.

I think that when you get the emailed receipt from Apple it has a link to get a refund in it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Malgrin posted:

I also went down the path of Poe, Poggle, IG-88/86.

Man don't put down the droids! I know it's not optimal min/maxing, but holy poo poo the droids are an INSANE team.

HK-47 leadership means they gain a crit bonus and turn meter on critical hit. When IG-88 uses his AoE he usually crits enough to instantly get a second turn. Same with IG-100, who everyone says sucks but his 30% enemy turn meter drain makes it even more ridiculous. IG-86 is my first and only 7* because he ALWAYS crits and his tagteam attack does +75% crit damage for both attackers. I was doing some Dark Side missions and the enemy team didn't even get a chance to make a move!

And that's without Poggle! I only just unlocked him, so it's just gonna get even more bananas with his offense and speed up boosts. I'm going for the Jawa Engineer as well, looks like he could add to the madness.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
I love droid teams in arena, my Jedi kill IG-88 before any of the droids get a turn, then Poggle buffs/Poe taunts, they shoot some, then Yoda steals their offense up and speed up, shares them with the rest, Mace dispels Poe´s taunt and it´s over :smug:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Mr. Neutron posted:

I love droid teams in arena, my Jedi kill IG-88 before any of the droids get a turn, then Poggle buffs/Poe taunts, they shoot some, then Yoda steals their offense up and speed up, shares them with the rest, Mace dispels Poe´s taunt and it´s over :smug:

Yes yes, my Jedi team is still my A team but man with the Jawa Engineer everyone on TEAM DROID SUPREMACY will probably get 2-3 turns before the computer.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

MarcusSA posted:

I think that when you get the emailed receipt from Apple it has a link to get a refund in it. I'm not 100% sure on that but I'm pretty sure that's how I did it.

Yeah I spoke with Apple and gave them the transaction code for the purchase of crystals and they refunded me the money in about 5 seconds.

I think the Indian company that EA has outsourced it's cs to has a policy of never admit fault and never compensate the customer for loss.

Edit: crappy spelling on phone.

Halverine fucked around with this message at 11:02 on May 10, 2016

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
In the challenges, on the final battle, do you shoot the support droids first, or the Boss?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

MoraleHazard posted:

In the challenges, on the final battle, do you shoot the support droids first, or the Boss?
I only stun/take down the droids first for Savage Oppress. All the other challenges I focus fire the boss. For the attacker one with Veers and Tarkin I alternate droid boss droid boss, although generally I don't bother.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

cowofwar posted:

I only stun/take down the droids first for Savage Oppress. All the other challenges I focus fire the boss. For the attacker one with Veers and Tarkin I alternate droid boss droid boss, although generally I don't bother.

What does killing the droids do on the Oppress fight?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Lord Wexia posted:

What does killing the droids do on the Oppress fight?

If your teams speed is wonky/you dont slow the bots oppress can take you down to 1 hp then the bots will kill 2 of your dudes if you dont have a healer take a turn right after.

I beat whatever the highest tier challenges are for a level 74 without killing any of the droids with the exception of thw veers tarkin fight because critting for 20k is fun.

As long as your team and ally are strong you can usually race the boss or ignore the bots. Especially if you apply any slows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Heals you and stops the droids from killing your dudes after opress' aoe that puts your whole team at 1hp