Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

peter gabriel posted:

If you ever see my arguing about video games at 8.08am just shoot me please

"i am very upset that my drugs ran out half an hour ago, furthermore you are wrong because"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Octal posted:

Croberts has a plan to get this game done....soon we will be able to upload our consciousness to a computer so he will do that numerous times and have the development team he needs...
imagine 100 Croberts working together to make a game

Zero multiplied by a hundred is still zero.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

SelenicMartian posted:

Good url

Yes, they did...

Can someone make a gif of Roberts pissing out ships?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

FailAtMagic posted:

Zero multiplied by a hundred is still zero.

Their handwaving could generate enough wind to power a small city

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

SomethingJones posted:

Tldr's

Which are posted on the same day as the videos go out, their transcriptions lag behind and are filled in later.

Slimy.

As much as those guys make me want to punch them the dick, I still think you should be comparing transcripts to transcripts since they post those at the same time, which are still a little more glossy since they umm, drop all the err umm ya know, like filler words and stuff :waveshands:

Naturally the tl;dr's are subject to 'interpretation'... maybe we can come up with better tl;dr's that don't gloss over poo poo to compare them with? For me it loses all shock value this way and is pretty easily countered by believers with 2 brain cells left they can rub together.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

so i saw someone with a star citizen hat on walking down the street today

that's my story thanks for taking my call

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

gipskrampf posted:

:gary: :eurovision: Public service announcement: :eurovision: :yarg:

Today is the first Eurovision semi-final, starts in about an hour. So if you need an excuse to get drunk on a Tuesday evening (or afternoon for the Americans) and would like to see what counts as music in Moldova, Azerbaijan or Bosnia (or simply shitpost in a different thread for a change), join us in the Eurovision thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3773328
Much like John Romero, Romania couldn't front the bills this year so they are banned til 2018.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Reharakhti posted:

I've made some vital improvements as well:

Commando Spacecatte and the Stimperial Immersion.

Loving it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Thoatse posted:

As much as those guys make me want to punch them the dick, I still think you should be comparing transcripts to transcripts since they post those at the same time, which are still a little more glossy since they umm, drop all the err umm ya know, like filler words and stuff :waveshands:

Naturally the tl;dr's are subject to 'interpretation'... maybe we can come up with better tl;dr's that don't gloss over poo poo to compare them with? For me it loses all shock value this way and is pretty easily countered by believers with 2 brain cells left they can rub together.

even if their transcripts are accurate, it wouldn't Change the fact that their tl;drs have a shitload of spin on them.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Thoatse posted:

The TLDRs on the INN site are front and centre, posted directly underneath the videos. They're presented as being TLDRs but they contain none of the caveats and some of them directly contradict what was said. The MVP question is a one example of that, the 'work being done' vs 'we have a plan' is another.

The fake TLDRs are what visitors to the site read:

Look at that, the poor guy reads the TLDRs RELIGIOUSLY.

What I have done is make a TLDR from the 100% accurate transcripts, posting word for word what was said, and these are accurately representing the answers given.

What INN has been posting as the TLDR version of the videos is nothing short of misprepresentation and lies.

I totally take your point, and I'll definitely be comparing the full transcripts. This will do two things - it will show if their full transcripts are different in any significant way from what was said, and it will also show if they contradict INN's own TLDRs.

There's another thing here worth bearing in mind, and it's a problem I ran into whilst doing this - have a look at this:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 57 Mar 23, 2015 @ 04:00

Q: Can you provide us any additional information on how taxes in the game will work?

A: Ok, soooo... uh, as far as the game goes, ehm, you know, the taxes will be fairly simple, uhm, the idea would be that they're sort of on... TRADE or CONSUMPTION so if you... LAND down on a planet you have to pay a, uh, a LANDING FEE and then... if you buy... you know, you... you... SELL STUFF, ehm, you basically will have to pay a SALES TAX or BUY STUFF you have to buy a... you know... there's... there's a VALUE ADDED TAX so, BASICALLY uhm, things... there'll be THINGS taxed on buying and SELLING and... and essentially landing is a kind of a tax, it's sort of a fee, uhm, and then ORGANISATIONS themselves will be able to have certain, ah... I don't know what you wanna call it... TAXATION or TIDING, ahhhhh, but... you know you can dictate so to be part of this GUILD you have to contribute ten percent of your income to us... or you have to contribute a thousand... UEC a month. Ah, so that'll be sort of set-able on the organisation side... ahm... you know and basically for... BELONGING to the organisation or the... things that the organisation PROVIDES you have to pay 'em, which I guess is kind of the same as if you were... part of... a COUNTRY and you pay your taxes so you have... ahm, you know, various things like... ARMED FORCES and ROADS and stuff like that. Ah, so, that's kind of the idea, I mean we're not, there won't be necessarily a tax on... INDIVIDUALS like... from... the UEE, there just will be UEE taxes on transactions essentially, ah, so hopefully that makes, ah, makes sense

How in the name of almighty gently caress do you make any kind of TLDR for that? It actually makes no sense. This is the information flowing out from CIG, it goes to INN, it gets spun into whatever they want to spin it into, people read it and they spend money.

None of this is ever going to convince cultists of anything and it would be naive of me to think that it would. But it's exactly the sort of thing that would convince ME, as a relative outsider, that shenanigans was afoot with this whole INN setup that they have going on.

At the very least INN are loving useless at what they are doing and at worst they are convincing people of stuff that is never ever going to happen and never was intended to happen.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

The TLDRs on the INN site are front and centre, posted directly underneath the videos. They're presented as being TLDRs but they contain none of the caveats and some of them directly contradict what was said. The MVP question is a one example of that, the 'work being done' vs 'we have a plan' is another.

The fake TLDRs are what visitors to the site read:

Look at that, the poor guy reads the TLDRs RELIGIOUSLY.

What I have done is make a TLDR from the 100% accurate transcripts, posting word for word what was said, and these are accurately representing the answers given.

What INN has been posting as the TLDR version of the videos is nothing short of misprepresentation and lies.

I totally take your point, and I'll definitely be comparing the full transcripts. This will do two things - it will show if their full transcripts are different in any significant way from what was said, and it will also show if they contradict INN's own TLDRs.

There's another thing here worth bearing in mind, and it's a problem I ran into whilst doing this - have a look at this:

Q: Can you provide us any additional information on how taxes in the game will work?

A: Ok, soooo... uh, as far as the game goes, ehm, you know, the taxes will be fairly simple, uhm, the idea would be that they're sort of on... TRADE or CONSUMPTION so if you... LAND down on a planet you have to pay a, uh, a LANDING FEE and then... if you buy... you know, you... you... SELL STUFF, ehm, you basically will have to pay a SALES TAX or BUY STUFF you have to buy a... you know... there's... there's a VALUE ADDED TAX so, BASICALLY uhm, things... there'll be THINGS taxed on buying and SELLING and... and essentially landing is a kind of a tax, it's sort of a fee, uhm, and then ORGANISATIONS themselves will be able to have certain, ah... I don't know what you wanna call it... TAXATION or TIDING, ahhhhh, but... you know you can dictate so to be part of this GUILD you have to contribute ten percent of your income to us... or you have to contribute a thousand... UEC a month. Ah, so that'll be sort of set-able on the organisation side... ahm... you know and basically for... BELONGING to the organisation or the... things that the organisation PROVIDES you have to pay 'em, which I guess is kind of the same as if you were... part of... a COUNTRY and you pay your taxes so you have... ahm, you know, various things like... ARMED FORCES and ROADS and stuff like that. Ah, so, that's kind of the idea, I mean we're not, there won't be necessarily a tax on... INDIVIDUALS like... from... the UEE, there just will be UEE taxes on transactions essentially, ah, so hopefully that makes, ah, makes sense

How in the name of almighty gently caress do you make any kind of TLDR for that? It actually makes no sense. This is the information flowing out from CIG, it goes to INN, it gets spun into whatever they want to spin it into, people read it and they spend money.

None of this is ever going to convince cultists of anything and it would be naive of me to think that it would. But it's exactly the sort of thing that would convince ME, as a relative outsider, that shenanigans was afoot with this whole INN setup that they have going on.

At the very least INN are loving useless at what they are doing and at worst they are convincing people of stuff that is never ever going to happen and never was intended to happen.

I get that, I'm just telling you it makes an unconvincing argument that is easily dismissed by anyone in the trenches or on the fence and reduces the effectiveness of what you are trying to accomplish in all but the minds of those who already understand it's bullshit to begin with.

The actual transcripts are right below the tl;dr:, and again perhaps we can come up with more accurate/neutral tl;dr's? I'll leave it at that.. take this how you will and carry on. o9

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

SomethingJones posted:

Q: Taxes?
A: Yup. There will be taxes and fees on stuff like station access and market activity. Orgs will be able to set taxes on member income or require them to pay membership fees at set intervals.

:smuggo:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

SomethingJones posted:

INN Transcripts vs Real Life!
Part two!

10 FOR DEVELOPERS: EPISODE 08 MAY 02 2016
http://archive.is/SSIFS

Q: Will planets have multiple biomes? Will flora and fauna be high fidelity?

INN transcript:
Yes and yes. They hope to one day even have full weather systems for planets. Flora and fauna will be high fidelity because they’re made by the art team before placed.

What was actually said:
There's NO REASON why we can't do this. WEATHER REGIONS is a bit of a DIFFERENT STORY.
These are the things we're thinking about
Moving weather and things like that on it? That's a problem that we're not yet ready to SOLVE
VOLUMETRIC CLOUDS and all this sort of STUFF ... to have MOVING WEATHER PATTERNS and things like that within the planets? That'll be something for another time I think.
How do we keep THAT FIDELITY for a planet that's COVERED IN AN ENTIRE CITY, that's a lot trickier.

Q: Will mined out locations be depletable, and will the minerals regenerate?

INN transcript:
Mining won’t alter geometry, but an object on the planet. If they do regenerate, they might not look the same or be in the same area.

What was actually said:
Well it's... it's a DESIGN QUESTION it's really gonna be up to the designers, there's no TECHNICAL reason why it can't
You know, it's kind of a long answer to whether it regenerates or not... I would say NO IT DOESN'T ACTUALLY REGENERATE
Derek needs to put these in a BLOG

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Thoatse posted:

I get that, I'm just telling you it makes an unconvincing argument that is easily dismissed by anyone in the trenches or on the fence and reduces the effectiveness of what you are trying to accomplish in all but the minds of those who already understand it's bullshit to begin with.

The actual transcripts are right below the tl;dr:, and again perhaps we can come up with more accurate/neutral tl;dr's? I'll leave it at that.. take this how you will and carry on. o9

It's easily dismissed by saying "oh, but we've posted the full transcript underneath", there's no way around that unless those transcripts are bullshit too. I still think that any reasonable person looking at it can see what they're up to.

If it's easily dismissed then so be it. I'll certainly have a think on it.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
The more horrible ABH is on the forums the more attractive I find her . Is this wrong?

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

Tippis posted:

Q: Taxes?
A: Yup. There will be taxes and fees on stuff like station access and market activity. Orgs will be able to set taxes on member income or require them to pay membership fees at set intervals.

:smuggo:

Fair enough!

Funnily enough I just went back to look at what INN had for the question, and there are no TLDRs on those old episodes. They actually provided a really good summary/interpretation of Chris's answer:

quote:

So, as far as the game goes the taxes will be fairly simple. The idea is that they would be on trade or consumption. So, if you land down on a planet you have to pay a landing fee and then if you buy or sell stuff then you will have to pay a sales tax or value-added tax. So, basically there will be things taxed on buying and selling and essentially landing is a kind of a tax or a fee.

Then, organizations themselves will be able to have certain taxation or tithing. You could dictate: “To be part of the guild, you have to contribute 10% of your income to us.” or “You have to contribute 1000 UEC a month.” That will be settable on the organization side. Basically for belonging to the organization or for the things the organizations provides, you have to pay them. I guess it’s kind of the same as being part of a country – that’s why you pay your taxes so you have various things like armed forces and roads and stuff like that.

That’s kind of the idea. There won’t necessarily be a tax on individuals from the UEE, there just will be UEE taxes on transactions essentially. Hopefully that makes sense.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

EightAce posted:

The more horrible ABH is on the forums the more attractive I find her . Is this wrong?

It's a perfectly normal reaction since you're high on The Stimperor's fumes as of late. If symptoms persist longer than 2 weeks however seek professional medical help immediately.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

EightAce posted:

Who doesn't like angry sex? Or as I like to call it, sex.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EightAce posted:

Her, or the amateur model some clown convinced to dress up in steam punk garbage that she uses as her avatar?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Beet Wagon posted:

Her, or the amateur model some clown convinced to dress up in steam punk garbage that she uses as her avatar?

You take that back right now. She is a steam punk goddess who is really into Star citizen. She is funny and intelligent and sexy as hell. In no way whatsoever is that an account used by members of the CS team and Sandi herself to mouth off on their own forum.
I find your suggestion not only offensive but ill informed and your lucky I haven't challenged you to a space dual of some sort.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

EightAce posted:

You take that back right now. She is a steam punk goddess who is really into Star citizen. She is funny and intelligent and sexy as hell. In no way whatsoever is that an account used by members of the CS team and Sandi herself to mouth off on their own forum.
I find your suggestion not only offensive but ill informed and your lucky I haven't challenged you to a space dual of some sort.

Like meet in Elite Dangerous?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Stand back to back, walk 10 paces, turn and show off your most expensive jpeg. Biggest space peen wins ABH.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Stand back to back, walk 10 paces, turn and show off your most expensive jpeg. Biggest space peen wins ABH.

Clip through some walls then both snap into T Poses quickest one wins.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Imagine CIG-Toast reading EightAce posts and getting super mad lol.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The good news is ABH has low standards. Sandi married Chris twice after all.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

As we have established beyond a shadow of a doubt Toast doesn't read these forums.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Still I bet he gets pretty mad when Disco reads posts out to him at their apartment.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

EightAce posted:

Considering i have strong evidence(not really) that shows ABH is actually Ben Lesnick, Developer 's alt account, yes it is wrong. Unless you intend to be Ben's Big Bottom Buddy 2: The biggening

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

As we have established beyond a shadow of a doubt Toast doesn't read these forums.

He just posts here. If he actually read anything it might convince him how hosed things are.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Oldman doodle watch: US $56.00

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Oldman doodle watch: US $56.00

I hope you buy it

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

cocaine dad show posted:

I hope you buy it

It would boost my Star Citizen memorabilia collection by 100%

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
http://isstarcitizenreleasedyet.co

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

EightAce posted:

Wafflz posted:

Is there a prize for second place? Cause I'm okay with not winning Sandi ABH

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

lol

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

So yes absolutely we have a PLAN in fact I sat down earlier this week ... but yeah I THINK we have a really cool PLAN.

Star Citizen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXKS8Nyu8Q

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

I would like to get drunk this afternoon and shitpost but I'm pretty sure work would frown on that.

:same:
I think i'll just get drunk and continue working.

GazChap
Dec 4, 2004

I'm hungry. Feed me.
Most low-maintenance website ever.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

SomethingJones posted:

I love it how a company that can't grasp the concept of VAT when charging its customers plans on implementing VAT in its game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

:heysexy:

• Locked thread