Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014
crits faster than judging

shameful judging

(but thanks)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

flerp posted:

shameful judging

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

sebmojo posted:

haha, yeah sure i'll squish you if you want. 500 words, who'll judge.

e: :toxx:

:toxx:

baby

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

flerp posted:

shameful judging

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
WEEK 196 RESULTS

It’s Tuesday, let’s make this quick.

DMs go to Chernabog and Grizzled Patriarch, one for doing the thing I said most explicitly not to do, which was be hyper-literal, and both for having no real point or end to what they wrote.

The Loss this week goes to Mr Gentleman for writing something that wasn’t unique, appealing, or a story.

Honorable Mentions go to Tyrannosaurus for writing engaging characters and having the most down-to-earth and charming story this week, and sparksbloom for writing engaging characters that did the exact opposite, were visceral and off-putting and imperfect in a way that really nailed the spirit of this week’s prompt.

It took me a bit longer to come around to this week’s winning story, but I always reward creativity, and the more I read this story the more I appreciated it, understood it, and was moved by it.

Thranguy, the throne is yours once again.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

I'll take my shame manfully! Sadly, it's very obvious to me now that there were many better ways to execute what I wanted. I'll be back next week with something more appropriate!

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Mr Gentleman posted:

FAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTT

same

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

Thunderdome CXCVII: Stories of Powerful Ambition and Poor Impulse Control

Like a lot of domers, I'm a fan of RPGs, but my current tastes tend more towards the indie/hippy/storygame side of the hobby, so this week will be based on one of those: Jason Morningstar's Fiasco. It's a game that lends itself to, well, the kind of stories in the week title, with the specifics governed by which playset is used. And there are a lot of playsets out there.

Here's how it's going to work. We're not actually going to play the game itself, but instead, when you enter you can pick any official playset (I'm going to post a list of those right after this so they don't clutter the prompt post. By 'official' I mean in the main book, in the companion, or one of the playsets of the week), or ask me to pick one for you. Just post 'in' if you want me to pick. Then I'll use that playset to generate three relationships, one need, one object, one location, and one Tilt element. And that's your prompt. Use it to write about powerful ambitions and poor impulse control, which usually means things going horribly wrong for someone. This is the setup for a three-person game, more or less. In the game the relationships would form a triangle between three characters, but you don't have to do that. In the game, the Tilt element would be something that comes into play about halfway through, but again, you don't have to do that.

In fact, given that these will be more heavy/detailed prompts than usual, so I'm going to say right here that they're here only to help/inspire you this time. I'm not going to be judging you on prompt usage, so if you come up with a story that fits the overall theme while barely touching them, fine. Or if you use every morsel served up, also fine. Or somewhere between. Your call.

No Fanfic, Erotica, Google Docs, Poetry.

Word limit: 2000, but there's a catch: if you go over 1500, you cannot no mention this week. Stories not good enough to HM above that line will get DMs, so if you need to use those last couple hundred words, write 'em good. There may be a lesson about ambition and/or impulse control in your decision, there.

Signups Close 11:59 PM Pacific time Friday

Submission Close 11:59 Pacific time Sunday

Judges:
Thanguy
??? (Could be you!)
??? (Could also be you! Not at the same time, though.)

Entrants:
1. flerp (News Channel Six)
2. newtestleper (Town and Gown)
3. Toxxupation (Tales from Suburbia)
4. Mr. Gentleman (Hollywood Wives)
5. Oxxidation (The Ice)
6. Sitting Here (Heroes of Pinnacle City)
7. Sparksbloom (Break a Leg)
8. Grizzled Patriarch (A Nice Southern Town)
9. Entenzahn (Tartan Noir) :toxx:
10. Chernabog (Havana 1953)
11. Quo Pro Quid (HK TPK) :toxx:
12. Carl Killer Miller (Lucky Strike)
13. curlingiron (The Manna Hotel)
14. kurona_bright (1913 New York) :toxx:
15. spectres of autism (Return to Camp Death)
16. Steve Harvey Oswald (Vegas) :toxx:
17. Chairchucker (Unaussprechlichen Klutzen)
18. CANNIBAL GIRLS (Touring Rock Band) :toxx:
19. Ceighk (The Zoo) :toxx:
20. Tyrannosaurus (London 1593)
21. Fuschia Tude (Last Frontier)
22. dmboogie (White Hole) :toxx:
23: ghost crow (The Penthouse)
24: Marshmallow Blue (Transatlantic)

Thranguy fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 14, 2016

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
List of Playsets

A Nice Southern Town
Boomtown
Tales from Suburbia
The Ice
Fiasco High
Regina's Wedding
Vegas
Mission to Mercury
Lucky Strike
Reconstruction
Flyover
Manna Hotel
1913 New York
Transatlantic
Dallas November 1963
London 1593
Dragon Slayers
Objective Zebra
The Jersey Side
Quest for the Golden Panda
News Channel 6
Town and Gown
Break a Leg
The Penthouse
Horse Fever
Red Front
Camp Death
DC73
The Zoo
Los Angeles 1936
De Medici
Havana 1953
White Hole
Hollywood Wives
Salem 1962
Home Invasion
Flight 1880
Saturday Night 78
HK TPK
Heroes of Pinnacle City
Back to the Old House
Living Dead
Tartan Noir
Touring Rock Band 2
The Beast of Sucker Creek
Dangerous Games
Planeta Droga
Return to Camp Death
Rat Patrol
Unaussprechlichen Klutzen
Last Frontier
Gangster London
Touring Rock Band

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
give me whatever the gently caress this is im in

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003
That's a lot of words. Can I not read all that and still be IN?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

In with Tales from Suburbia.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

in, pick for me

newtestleper
Oct 30, 2003

Djeser posted:

Week 196 crits: EAT CRIT AND DIE

Thanks for the crits, Djeser. On point as always. Especially the crit of Toxxupation's story. Valuable feedback for him, no doubt!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
In with The Ice.

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
Didn't read the prompt, am in, pick all the things for me

the judges are dickshit puzzlewits, I had that HM in the bag. god what is this amateur hour??

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Sitting Here posted:

the judges are dickshit puzzlewits, I had that DM in the bag. god what is this amateur hour??

:same:

sparksbloom
Apr 30, 2006
In with Break a Leg.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

In with A Nice Southern Town.

Entenzahn
Nov 15, 2012

erm... quack-ward
In with Tartan Noir :toxx:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

My powerful ambition is to not get a DM this week.
IN with whatever you pick.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

:toxx: in for whatever because I'm illiterate and those are a lot of words.

Carl Killer Miller
Apr 28, 2007

This is the way that it all falls.
This is how I feel,
This is what I need:

In with Lucky Strike

curlingiron
Dec 15, 2006

b l o o p

I wasn't gonna enter since I turn 30 on Friday and some weirdos from the internet are coming to visit this weekend, but I loving love Fiasco, so gently caress it, in.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I'll take 1913 New York.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
in with return to camp death

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
double posting to post my brawl in case i forget later

Mura Masa
1397 words

I could bleed them if he wanted me to. But he doesn’t use me. And instead he traverses the halls of Census Bureau 2B with just faith to keep him going, and faith to keep me going. I care if I exist, too.

It would be too easy, he tells me, in quiet moments, when the moonlight shines in through clear windows and illuminates Yojimbo on the screen looking pensive.

Today Seth is going to talk to Ava. She’s is wearing a sprightly blue magenta dress that seems to say, go ahead. And, while he appreciates the confidence boost of a fully probabilized quantum katana, he’s not gonna use me oh her. That is unless he likes his dates sans sword hand.

When Seth gets home each night, he leans me against the dresser. I can smell, through abstract sensory replication, the oak. It still has its smell, not because he obsessively cleans it, but because he’s never spilled anything on it. Never thrown his shirt across the room after a long day counting people, counting their kids, counting their opinions, writing down the colour of their nose hair trimmer. I watch him at work and I watch him at home and in both places he’s the same. Observant. Calm. Never a wasted motion, unless you count the trajectory of his entire life.

And when his co workers crowd him, leering, asking him about his latest non existent affair du coeure, I’m there to give him the strength he needs to keep his chin up, press forward, and shoulder through the mob of ties and uncomfortable looking shoes in a way that leaves no room for doubt. They step back with a slack-jawed look of surprise, Seth continuing on his way to wherever he’s going. The scene resets. The co workers quickly re-arrange their faces, increase the frequency of their jeers. But they know and Seth knows and I know what just happened. It’s why I’m there.

One foot ahead of the other. Forward motion. That’s my way. We are joined, him and I, and he is growing stronger. I am growing stronger. Moving together toward the same destiny. Better than when we found each other.

Ava is just ahead and to the right, but Seth needs a reason. I didn’t see anything in my visual field that would lead to one, so I’m guessing he’s making it up as he walks. An interesting gambit, but I know him well enough to know he’ll have something ready. He turns with a two step pivot that reminds me of practiced samurai warriors sizing each other up for a deadly clash.

When I first met Seth, I didn’t think much of him, because I saw what everyone else saw. Just another government worker who clearly won every chess championship in high school. Who kept his head down in the endless halls of life. Who never even bothered to approach anyone of the opposite sex because it was obvious other more physically primed specimens had already laid claim. I saw a drained man, a broken man, and an impassable chasm before me.

I saw that, and I was wrong. Seth had a heart that never stopped beating, and--this is important--never beat quick. He never drank coffee in the morning. He simply got enough sleep. Breakfast was never a rushed sub at the chain rat infested deli. It was as intercontinental as a jet plane, as full as your life. Sausages that he simply got up in time to cook until the death on them became a bonus. Lend me your strength, I thought. The samurai of old venerating the fish they consumed. He had a radio that picked up broadcasts from the transit wave band, and listened in on the drivers as they discussed both how stoned they were and the latest delay news. Then he simply was never late, making him the only person working for Census Bureau 2B who could claim that feat.

To him, owning me was simply another piece in the psychological jigsaw. To fit into things so perfectly is all a quantum katana can ever ask for.

So Seth starts a conversation with Ava, and it’s about some report that she did last Thursday. My inner monologue when I look around the office is the word “blood” on loop. It would be so easy, automatic, to let me slip free of the quantum sheath, show the world I’m there and I’m not messing around. Everywhere I look I see clumsy form, wasted movement, people fumbling pens like they were explosives. To die in battle would be a good death for them.

And I thirst. I would go deep into them, if he asked. But still he says it would be too easy. Too easy to prove to both of us the only thing we need. That we’re alive. And we’re stronger than they are.

Seth is segueing logically into some kind of compliment of Ava’s efficient report writing. I barely even note the blush response. A victory, but if you understand things the way I do, it was almost a foregone conclusion. I let myself register the glow, the realization that he needed me to do this. But I’m already shifting around in my sheath because I can see them coming.

It’s all led to this. It’s been too many small defeats for them. Too many awkward steps aside. Maybe Seth overdid it with the physicality. Or maybe there’s some kind of counter in them that realizes when they need to reset the social balance. But I can sense their auras and I realign my perceptual map for a visual view. Three of them, looking like the most dominant in the unimpressive social hierarchy of the office, spacing uneven as they blunder through the cubicle paths.

I’m already telepathically transmitting a three step quick draw motion to Seth, because you never know, maybe this time. He thanks me for the spatial awareness and looks up.

They’re clumsy, but they have numbers on their side. One takes Ava, one takes Seth, and the other stands around. He’s flexing under his shirt, maybe hoping Ava is subconsciously picking it up.

They appear to be inviting Ava to some kind of function, but you should always focus on the enemy in front of you first. The one set against Seth looks like he could be their leader. He’s asking Seth to do some work for him, something he forgot about or more likely, ignored. It’s a direct assault, not cloying but bullying, and the part of me that wants to stick him like a pig actually admires the temerity. It’s all or nothing now and I can see, in his head, the pathway to the future. Routinely giving his extra work to Seth, growing plump off nothingness while Seth digs deep into despair.

You fool, I think. That’s not Seth’s way. I know something’s coming. I’m not expecting what.

Seth reaches for me.

Seth made room in his schedule for me. Constant practice. Weekends meant watching Kurosawa into the twilight hours. I still exist only for him, but it’s breath. The breath of hope, the softest wind.

He’s so quick that it’s over before I realize it.

His elbow is firmly planted in his coworker’s midsection. The tableau is this: the coworker doubled over, gasping for air that isn’t finding him. His friend staring in shock, freeing up Ava’s qi. The shirt ripping as the third man loses control of his flexing.

4,500 yen, I tabulate automatically.

Then it’s over, Seth apologizing for his clumsiness, he was just reaching for that file there. Oh and by the way, Ava, would you like to catch a movie sometime, maybe the new wuxia flick. And then he’s gone. No wasted motion. Yojimbo would be proud.

He makes his way to his desk. Through an office space which is suddenly hushed, as if before a storm. Sits at his desk, moving to pick up his phone, make a start on the stack of numbers before him.

Then I catch it. A pause. A deep sigh. He’s staring at the numbers like they don’t have meaning. Right through them, like they’re not even there.

Blood, I tell him, as the noise begins to pick up.

Maybe someday, he says.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sitting Here posted:

the judges are dickshit puzzlewits, I had that HM in the bag. god what is this amateur hour??

Your but is amateurs hour

SteveHarveyOswald
Sep 1, 2015

by Lowtax
in. hit me with a thing. :toxx:

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

flerp posted:

News Channel Six
Relationships:
Family: Ex-spouses, current parents
We've Got History:”The restraining order is still in place, you know.”
Fooling Around: Did it once at the office Christmas party, you think.
Need:
To Settle Things: With that suit who doesn't get your “vision” for the news
Face Time: Book signing for your recently published memoir/cookbook
Object:
Where's the Warning Label? Exotic animal, exotically out of control
Tilt: Paranoia: Someone is watching, waiting for their moment.

newtestleper posted:

Town and Gown
Relationships:
Friendship: Fraternity/Sorority
Work:Tattoo artist and client
Romance: Married
Need:
To get Rich...by killing someone old.
West Campus: Bridge across the ravine to East Campus
Object:
Transportation: Often-patched old canoe
Tilt:
Guilt: Someone develops a conscience

Toxxupation posted:

In with Tales from Suburbia.

Tales from Suburbia
Relationships:
Community: Officials (judge, county supervisor, town attorney)
Family: Parent and Step-child
The Past: Fast friends when this was all farm country
Need:
To get even with the 'community policing officer'
Poppleton Terrace, the cul-de-sac at the end of Avanti Way
Object:
Information: A property survey from the 1940s
Tilt:
Innocence, a well-meaning stranger intervenes

Mr Gentleman posted:

in, pick for me

Hollywood Wives
Relationships:
Romance: Dominant and submissive
Crime: Killer and would-be victim
Work: Plastic surgeon and patient
Need:
To cover up...your immodest child
Object:
Weapons: Box of rat poison
Tilt:
Tragedy: Pain, followed by confusion

Oxxidation posted:

In with The Ice.

The Ice
Relationships:
Community: Social Adversaries
Crime: Smugglers (artifacts, endangered species)
Romance: Current spouses
Need:
To get out..of responsibility for an accident
Mactown:Business:The tool shed inside the Carp Shop
Object:
Untoward: A 55 gallon urine barrel
Tilt:
Tragedy: Death, out of the blue

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Sitting Here posted:

Heroes of Pinnacle City
Relationships:
The government! Military leader and personal security
Allies! “I have to fix everything he breaks”
Romance! You remember, they dont't- time travel makes you sad
Need
To find out..where she went, and why
Object:
Ominous: Abraham Lincoln's still-living brain
Tilt:
Guilt: Somebody panics.

sparksbloom posted:

In with Break a Leg.

Break a Leg
Relationships:
Family: “Apparently they're cousins but don't mention it.”
Friendship:”We're friends? News to me, but if she says so...”
History: Went to school together
Need:
To get revenge...for the humiliation you suffer daily
Neighborhood: back alley, marked with a warning
Object:
Dubious: A severed finger
Tilt:
Failure: A stupid plan, executed to perfection

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

In with A Nice Southern Town.

A Nice Southern Town
Relationships:
Crime: Corrupt official/local big shot
Family: Parent-in-law/son or daughter-in-law
Friendship: Bitter social adversaries (church friends)
Need:
To get even...with this town, for what it has turned you into
Up and about : a farmer's field up past Surrey Avenue
Object:
Transportation: Golf Cart
Tilt:
Failure: Something precious is on fire.

Entenzahn posted:

In with Tartan Noir :toxx:

Tartan Noir
Relationships:
Investigation: Ex-armed forces and contact
Friendship: Friends with far too much sexual tension
Crime: Neds with a proud set of ABSOs
Need:
Tae get pished...'cause it's all gone to shite
Residential: Comfortable three-bedroom house
Object:
Personal: The medal you won that time
Tilt:
Mayhem: Cold-blooded score-settling

Chernabog posted:

My powerful ambition is to not get a DM this week.
IN with whatever you pick.
Havana 1953
Relationship:
Visitors: “What are we smuggling this time?”
Government: CIA case officer and double agent
Romance: What happens in Havana...
Need:
To get even...with the secret police
Seaside Malecon: Beachside grilled seafood vendor, who sees everything
Object:
Weapon: Crate of .45 US M3 “grease gun” submachine guns
Tilt:
Paranoia: The thing you stole has been stolen

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007

sebmojo posted:

Your but is amateurs hour

you're mum is a etc etc etc

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

newtestleper posted:

flerp posted:

Sitting Here posted:

QuoProQuid posted:

in for whatever because I'm illiterate and those are a lot of words.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fiasco is cool as hell and I am in with Touring Rock Band.

Edit: :toxx: since I failed last week

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 11:16 on May 11, 2016

Ceighk
May 27, 2013

No Hospital Gang, boy
You know that shit a case close
Want him dead, bust his head
All I do is say, "Go"
Drop a opp, drop a thot
Eeny-meeny-miny-mo
in with whatever and another :toxx: for being a serial failure

crabrock
Aug 2, 2002

I

AM

MAGNIFICENT

SteveHarveyOswald posted:

benny

Tyrannosaurus
Apr 12, 2006
In with whatever you'd like me to write about.

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

In w/ Last Frontier

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

QuoProQuid posted:

:toxx: in for whatever because I'm illiterate and those are a lot of words.

HK TPK
Relationships:
History: Survivors of the epic shootout
Romance: Obsessed crush and unknowing object
Strange: Savant with skills and the one who knows how to trigger them.
Need:
To get the truth...about why they didn't shoot you in the head.
Odditites: A crowded double-decker streetcar
Object:
Information: The mole's mobile phone with all his contacts
Tilt:
Tragedy: Death, right on time

Carl Killer Miller posted:

In with Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike
Relationships:
Antisocial: Violent rivals
Brothers in arms: Foxhole buddies
Brothers in arms: New guy and veteran
Need:
To get out..of a relationship that's turned weird
Rest and Recreation: Beneath the auditorium stage
Object:
Dirty: Truckload of soap, blankets, shirts, shoes, and chocolate
Tilt:
Paranoia: A stranger arrives to settle a score

curlingiron posted:

I wasn't gonna enter since I turn 30 on Friday and some weirdos from the internet are coming to visit this weekend, but I loving love Fiasco, so gently caress it, in.

The Manna Hotel
Relationships:
Community: National Pony Express Association, “an all-volunteer, non-profit historical organization for the purpose of identifying, reestablishing, and marking the original pony express trail
Family: ex-husband and ex-wife
Romance: infatuation
Need:
To get laid...to propagate your superior bloodline
Object:
Transportation:
A pickup truck, dented and dirty
Tilt:
Mayhem: A dangerous animal (perhaps metaphorical) gets loose

kurona_bright posted:

I'll take 1913 New York.

1913 New York
Relationships:
Romance: Former lovers
Friendship: Friendly sporting rivals
Community: Radicals (Organizers, anarchists, Wobblies)
Need:
To avenge a great wrong...committed by a police officer
Chinese New York: A high-class brothel on Mott Street
Object:
Information: A treasure map
Tilt:
Guilt: betrayed by friends

spectres of autism posted:

in with return to camp death

Return to Camp Death
Relationships:
Family: Foster siblings
Camp Clearwater: Haunted survivors of the massacre 20 years ago
Romance: Easy lay and desperate virgin
Need:
To gently caress...up someone who desperately deserves it
Object:
Weapons: Bouts of violent,blackout rage
Tilt:
Innocence: Someone is not so innocent after all.

SteveHarveyOswald posted:

Vegas:
Relationships:
Family: Feuding relatives
Business: Casino Staff and a guest
Friendship: Born loser and best friend
Need:
To win friends by burning through a fortune
Object:
Valuables: envelope full of cut diamonds.

Tilt:
Mayhem, Magnificent self-destruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Chairchucker posted:

<A bunch of quotes that I'm interpreting as In. If not, say so and someone else can yoink this prompt I guess.>

Unaussprechlichen Klutzen
Relationships:
Romance: Service worker and customer with inappropriate crush
Mysterious: “I am writing to invite you to witness a peculiar event.”
Friendship: Friends since childhood
Need:
To get power...over the person you love
Object:
Ancient: Mathematical Etchings
Tilt:
Failure: A tiny mistake leads to ruin

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

Fiasco is cool as hell and I am in with Touring Rock Band.

Edit: :toxx: since I failed last week

Touring Rock Band
Relationships:
Good friends: Best friends since yesterday
Bad friends: He owes you his career
Family: Faked family
Need:
To get out...of your loving marriage
Objects:
Fuckin' awesome: A mountain of cocaine
Tilt:
Paranoia: Two people cross paths, and everything changes

Ceighk posted:

in with whatever and another :toxx: for being a serial failure

The Zoo
Relationships:
Romance: Just broke up
Illicit: The would be-thief and the one with the plan
Community: Animal rights activists or sympathizers
Need:
To get even...with those monsters who let poor Buttons die
At Home: Basement habitat nobody's supposed to know about
Object:
Still more animals: a fish worth $120,000
Tilt:
Guilt: A showdown

Tyrannosaurus posted:

In with whatever you'd like me to write about.

London, 1593
Relationships
Romance: Secret lovers
Espionage: Sir Waler Raleigh's men: scholars or bravos
Espionage: Spymaster Sir Robert Cecil's agents: informers or intelligencers
Need:
To get paid...in information
Object:
Official: An official pardon with the name left blank
Tilt:
Tragedy: Pain, followed by confusion

Fuschia tude posted:

In w/ Last Frontier

Last Frontier
Relationships:
Around the Village: Representative/citizen (Case worker, parole officer, native corporation official)
Crime: Fishing outlaws (quota thieves, endangered species bycatch sellers)
Friendship: A sourdough and a cheechako
Need:
To get rich...through selling illegally-cleared timber
The harbor: Aboard the purse seiner MV Julie Autumn
Object:
Sentimental: A novel written in longhand
Tilt:
Mayhem:Cold-blooded score-settling

• Locked thread