Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

General Morden posted:

what's the point of unequipping yoshimitsu's sword

does it change move proprieties or something

also yoshimitsu has sick rear end combos in t7

It changes his moveset and adjusts the range / frame data for some of the shared moves between stances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
it gives you more numbers to remember

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

General Morden posted:

what's the point of unequipping yoshimitsu's sword

does it change move proprieties or something

also yoshimitsu has sick rear end combos in t7

He gets a Mishima-style 10 frame knockdown jab punish in 2, 1 and the 1+4 flash gets some range, which JustFrameJames often uses to great effect.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

dangerdoom volvo posted:

it gives you more numbers to remember

dont make brosnan mad

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
It's also cool + stylish to be a Yoshimitsu who doesn't need a sword.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

I remember as a kid being all pissed that yoshimitsu only used his sword for stabbing himself and punched people with the sword in his hand, I hope that's still the case.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

He also used it to pogo around! The sword! How could you forget the true master of gravity and floor stabbing?

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
He's always had sword attacks, which are unblockable because it is a sword. Probably wouldn't be cool if he just used it all the time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Disney recently shut down Disney Infinity and closed its doors as a publisher, but it'll still license out its properties to people. And since they own Marvel, people are already starting to speculate on the possibility of a new Marvel vs. Capcom.

I just want the next vs. Capcom game to be against Shonen Jump or Nintendo but I wouldn't object to a new MvC either

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i thought disney infinity was doing pretty good? that sucks.

the issue has everything to do with disney wanting full control over every little aspect of marvel and wolverine having a divekick is against the Greater Marvel Universe Vision so i doubt itll happen. with their own game studios they can do that kinda stuff. also lol if capcom gives a poo poo about marvel after previous sales.

what might be more plausible is seeing the old games pop up on stores again, at least. or a new remaster. but even then, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, probably not given the amount of lawyering marvel/disney love.

seeing marvel 3 on ps4 without the slowdown would be dope but it'll probably end up with 15 frames of input lag for no reason.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
when can we purchase and download marvel 2 again.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Disney is one hundred percent out of the first-party games development business as of right now. This is probably the best shot Capcom has at a UMVC4.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

anime was right posted:

also lol if capcom gives a poo poo about marvel after previous sales.

The game sold very well.

Zand posted:

when can we purchase and download marvel 2 again.
+1

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Marvel 3 ended up making about 3 mil between the combined sales of MVC3 and UMVC3 which I believe was actually profitable for them.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

anime was right posted:

the issue has everything to do with disney wanting full control over every little aspect of marvel and wolverine having a divekick is against the Greater Marvel Universe Vision so i doubt itll happen. with their own game studios they can do that kinda stuff. also lol if capcom gives a poo poo about marvel after previous sales.
this actually went away with ultimate apparently, which is why suddenly cap got a doublejump back alongside other random poo poo like that
the only big exception was dr. strange and that was it for some reason supposedly

also what baal said about the marvel sales is correct
it was probably more profitable than sf5

but sf5 is a cash shop game without a cash shop so that couldn't be very hard i guess

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

just because disney infinity did well and was good doesn't mean that developing their own games is really the right way to go, besides, disney seemed either unwilling or unprepared to produce games in the genres that super hero games generally occupy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how about Marvel vs SNK

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

marvel vs arcsys

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

marvel vs dead or alive

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

NecroMonster posted:

marvel vs arcsys

marvel vs. french bread

what, this is totally an association i can see Disney permitting

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Marvel vs Lab Zero

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

It would never happen but Marvel vs. DC would be sweet. Really Marvel vs. Seinfeld would be good too, it's hard to find a bad combo.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anyone know how to set up party chat on ps4 while using a stick w/o a headphone jack? can i log in the ds4 simultaneously and run the chat off that or is it not possible?

Dracula Factory posted:

It would never happen but Marvel vs. DC would be sweet. Really Marvel vs. Seinfeld would be good too, it's hard to find a bad combo.

it would be a nrs fighter like injustice though and ehh

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
my hopes for a marvel 4 would be pretty low. i'm pretty skeptical that capcom can even make a good fighter anymore.

i would love to be mistaken with a darkstalkers reboot that was good :unsmith:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

mvc3 wasn't Bad and was made by Capcom proper rather than DIMPS, and most of mvc3's problems wouldn't be super hard to fix either.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

NecroMonster posted:

mvc3 wasn't Bad and was made by Capcom proper rather than DIMPS, and most of mvc3's problems wouldn't be super hard to fix either.

Wasnt MvC3 made by Eighting?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Marvel vs Capcom 3 is bad to my eyes because most of the time a character dies due to the other simply touching them.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Gutcruncher posted:

oh poo poo yeah, you're right

~i am tired~

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

mvc3 wasn't Bad

Controversial.

SFV isn't TRASH, it's just...bland, and incomplete. Other than the usual suspects, people were kinda hopeful about it during Beta 1. I don't think Capcom is incapable of making a fun game, they just seem too obsessed about balance and accessibility nowadays and it hurts them.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

An obsession with accessibility isn't a bad thing, it's just that Capcom (at least on the street fighter side of things) doesn't seem to know how to actually approach accessibility in the first place.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Capcom won't even pony up a proper budget for SF, there's no way they're going to bother with another Marvel game.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

riot buys the license and sets their newly acquired fighting game people to the task of producing a really lovely fighting game

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Gutcruncher posted:

Does Capcom even actually make fighting games anymore? I'm not knowledgeable on the subject, DIMPS, and now Eighting? Who the gently caress is Eighting? When was the last time Capcom actually made a fighting game 100%?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They said SF5 was more Capcom than Dimps this time around but both companies have lost key personnel to SNK recently, including a guy called Hidetoshi Ishizawa who was a lead on most of the big fighting games they've released since the Alpha days (SF4 excepted).

Eighting (or Raizing) is the company that made Bloody Roar back in the day, as well as the early Naruto fighting games and the peoples' favourite Castlevania Judgement. Their real specialty was bullet hell arcade games like Battle Garegga.

No big studio makes anything 100% in-house anymore, it's too expensive and takes too long.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MVC3 and Fate/Unlimited Codes are good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They said SF5 was more Capcom than Dimps this time around but both companies have lost key personnel to SNK recently, including a guy called Hidetoshi Ishizawa who was a lead on most of the big fighting games they've released since the Alpha days (SF4 excepted).

Eighting (or Raizing) is the company that made Bloody Roar back in the day, as well as the early Naruto fighting games and the peoples' favourite Castlevania Judgement. Their real specialty was bullet hell arcade games like Battle Garegga.

No big studio makes anything 100% in-house anymore, it's too expensive and takes too long.

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

neog is gone from capcom so i dont even want to know what the gently caress theyd do to ruin marvel

well, the answer is probably 'give it to dimps' and that is truly the worst of all possible worlds

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

In Training posted:

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoQLnVdsBeQ

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Night Blade posted:

Does Capcom even actually make fighting games anymore? I'm not knowledgeable on the subject, DIMPS, and now Eighting? Who the gently caress is Eighting? When was the last time Capcom actually made a fighting game 100%?

Dimps was founded by Street Fighter co-creators so it often gets a pass for working on Street Fighter. Sort of like if Capcom announced if Viewtiful Joe 3 was in development and Platinum Games will be aiding them in the process. Also Capcom technically makes fighting games since all of their newest fighting games, save TvC, were co-developed by Capcom.

This could be why their fighting game output '09 and beyond has been lacking. Historically speaking games tend to be the best when they are done from inhouse rather than partially (or fully) outsourced. Capcom's actually a poster child for this.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

This isn't totally true. Even Capcom develops games in house. Though its only for their huge massive titles like Resident Evil. It isn't necessarily that much more expensive to create something in house, it's just that big publishers have a difficult time keeping costs under control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)
I don't really care who makes it or what IPs are in it, I really could just go for a new versus style fighting game. Capcom vs cold cereal mascots, I don't care.