Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

This is Roland. I bought him a new cat tree yesterday and it barely accommodates him, considering he may as well actually be a small tiger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009

kitten smoothie posted:

This is Roland. I bought him a new cat tree yesterday and it barely accommodates him, considering he may as well actually be a small tiger.

Thas a photogenic cat :3:

...this one not so much

Are these cats orange enough? Saw em at the zoo animalarium recently
Their names are Zulu and Wilma and they're all big n grumpy :3:

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

cadaver. posted:

Are these cats orange enough? Saw em at the zoo animalarium recently
Their names are Zulu and Wilma and they're all big n grumpy :3:

I have one of those:

PicklePants
May 8, 2007
Woo!
This is Nacho. I adopted him from another Goon who still has far too many cats.

I've had him for a year and six months now, or so. He's pretty awesome, super cuddly lap cat.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

When my in-laws bought us that spinning cat toy you have there I thought it was a waste of money. Our cats LOVE that thing! I can scrape my fingernail on the material and wherever the cats are in the house they'll come flying in to pounce on it.

Now speaking of cats being where they shouldn't:

Of course I left it open for a few seconds, turned around, and what do you know, Spice is saying "HEY WHAT'S UP"

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The sunbeam was so bright we had to cover our eyes with our tail.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Here is a recent picture of one of the 'Dumpster' kittens. Old members may remember the adventures I had in catching the kittens about 7 or 8 years ago.

This is L.T. (Little Trash):

And here is a 2 year old picture of the other orange cat from the Dumpster kitties. My cat was named Oscar (the Grouch) first!

And a 2 year old picture of both of them together!

edit - Bonus action picture of LT as a kitten with a cameo of D.D. (Dumpster Diver), the third Dumpster kitten!

edit2 - Also, Oscar is not actually a Grouch.

TMMadman fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Apr 9, 2016

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm glad your Oscar is also not a grouch :)

Mine did very well with my retired parents visiting last week, and he LOVED my teenage nephew. He has Asperger's (my nephew, not the cat), but they were fast friends.

Here is Oscar showing his excitement for the opening week of watching baseball on the couch with me.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Oscar wanted to share his excitement for the weekend.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

skaboomizzy posted:

Oscar wanted to share his excitement for the weekend.

Aww yes gimme that upside down head cat.

Heid the Ball
Nov 2, 2005
Gordon's ALIVE?!?!?

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Carl loves my armpits. He'll bite my sleeve until I push it out of the way

http://i.imgur.com/EGd9xyi.webm

Look at those goony-rear end arms.

Reik fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 23, 2016

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

I don't know wtf is wrong with my cat that he thinks window screens are delicious.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Good use of floof and mlem in those photos, A+

I miss living with a borderline-intelligent orange tomcat. Their antics are better than TV.

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

I miss my orange cat sooooo much. If it's not too much trouble, could you guys help out and give me any spare bellies, toebeans, floofbutts, anything at all, really. Every single whisker helps. Thank you. <:')

skaboomizzy posted:

Oscar has decided he's had enough of everyone's poo poo.

This is my favorite pic of him. "Leave me alone" paws, toebeans, it's all there.

TOEBEANS!? TOEBEANS!!! >:3

Yay twinsies! <3

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I found a few pics of my old buddy Reggie, if that helps.

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
Here ya go

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

I love you guys. Thanks. <3

skaboomizzy posted:

I found a few pics of my old buddy Reggie, if that helps.

So majestic. So serene. Fur that exists only to smother faces.

cadaver. posted:

Here ya go

Meepteef!

Also cats on cat patterned blankets are righteous.

Savings Clown
May 7, 2007

We all float down here
Orange cat

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
I just visited a friend in Nottingham and went to a cat café, I can't get over how lanky this guy is :3: he's part maine coon, part... something else, and has extra toes so he looks like he's walking around in too-big shoes

Tried to use his big ol' paws to swipe someone's panini

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Gus...because sitting in boxes or on laptops is so mainstream.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

cadaver. posted:

I just visited a friend in Nottingham and went to a cat café, I can't get over how lanky this guy is :3: he's part maine coon, part... something else, and has extra toes so he looks like he's walking around in too-big shoes

Tried to use his big ol' paws to swipe someone's panini

I have never seen a polydactyl cat with feet that large. :catstare:

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
His tail is pretty impressive too

Sun Dog
Dec 25, 2002

Old School Gamer.

These pictures make me feel better. Thanks. <3

Orange Cat observes that you are, once again, taking a picture of Orange Cat being orange. Orange Cat shall observe you orangily.

JaneError posted:

Gus...because sitting in boxes or on laptops is so mainstream.

Siesta Cat!

cadaver. posted:

His tail is pretty impressive too

Was that cat put together from thrift store parts? :3:

I would like to visit that cafe very much.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
He hasn't come home just yet, but I couldn't hold back from sharing soon-to-be my cat.

His name from the shelter is Tuna, but I'm not sure whether or not to keep it. Definitely open to any suggestions, though.

EDIT: Just got the call, I'll be picking him up today :3:

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 20:20 on May 23, 2016

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
OMG

WHOOZAHANDSOMEFLOOF

(Congrats on the new addition!)

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That ruff deserves to be scruffled. Well picked. As far as the name? Could work. Over here we've occasionally kept the shelter names for cats, occasionally not.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
You got yourself one handsome cat there.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Lord of Hats posted:

He hasn't come home just yet, but I couldn't hold back from sharing soon-to-be my cat.

His name from the shelter is Tuna, but I'm not sure whether or not to keep it. Definitely open to any suggestions, though.

Bloodstorm, Caller of the Damned.

cadaver.
Oct 31, 2009
Would it be horribly unoriginal to name him for a lion? Dat mane of floof :3: e.g. Aslan is both the name of the fictional Iion and the Turkish word for lion
There are probably better names more thoughtful than a two minute skim through wikipedia though

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

Majestic beast. I was going to adopt an orange longhaired cat and considered calling him Selassie, which if you listen to enough reggae is more or less like naming him after a lion. Sadly, someone else beat me to him.

Give him a fitting name and buy him a catnip sceptre.

Navik
May 13, 2005

Her sweet, sweet, sw-sw-sweet can

The Lord of Hats posted:

This is a truly majestic cat. Dat ruff <3 :3:

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

He looks like a Tuna. Maybe extend the name to Bumblebee Tuna? That way you can call him Bumbles or Tunes or whatever. Is he a poly?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Yep, he's got big ol' mitten feet. He's also got an additional claw apparently, which I didn't know was a thing that could happen.

So far he's adjusting very well to his new home, and last night he decided the best place to sleep was under my bed, which I certainly can't complain about.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
I visited my parents last week and got some pictures of Tigger, who is indeed an orange cat and The Best Cat:

He met me halfway to my parking spot and immediately flopped-n-wriggled like he usually does in springtime. Yes, I did give him rubs.

rubsies

Surveying his domain the next day, less than impressed with the rain.

Also, in the morning, I was walking past the entry hall and heard a funny noise..

Some questions, I find, are best left unasked.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Lord of Hats posted:

This cat really needs an overly dignified, antiquated name, like Rutherford or Horace.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

This picture in particular confirms that this is in fact A Best Cat.

Drake_263
Mar 31, 2010
Ty is literally the chillest, friendliest, most social ham of a cat I've ever met. Most cattes just disappear when strangers come by, but Ty? You visit my folks and he'll actively come up to see who the New People are. Give him half the chance and he'll clamber into your lap for rubs. Loves kids and will let 'em tote him around as long as they're not too rough.

He's also huge. Not fat, just.. take your average housecat and scale him up about 60%. He frequently wins 'fights' with our other housecat, Leo, by just sitting on the little bastard.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Tigger is a fantastic burly orange cat. Also, congrats to the goon adopting the regal orange cat that will soon rule his household.

I figured this would be a fine time to share my view when I'm lying on my couch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Drake_263 posted:

He's also huge. Not fat, just.. take your average housecat and scale him up about 60%. He frequently wins 'fights' with our other housecat, Leo, by just sitting on the little bastard.

I require photographic evidence of this.