Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Let's erase French colonialism by pretending black people just like places reminiscent of the south of France in all possible worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

sebmojo posted:

Lambert and Keira :swoon:

This would be my first choice as well

Ice Fist posted:

Goddamn that Polygon review

I assume that site has an agenda of some sort? I mean entire sections devoted to depiction of women and lack of colored people?

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
I like Lambert but I could not stand a whole game of him

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
The fight in that polygon video looks like it's trying to emulate the fight in the 'night to remember' trailer, which I'm 100% behind and was quite sad was never actually in the base game in some form.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Voxx posted:

Lambert, Lambert... what a prick.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Not bad.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Voxx posted:

Every dialogue option you select is really thoughtful and intuitive, but Lambert will always respond with something snarky and annoying because he just can't let his guard down like that.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
this expansion needs a crime investigation / mystery quest where your sidekick is a troll, it'll be the best buddy cop show ever

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Shannow posted:

The fight in that polygon video looks like it's trying to emulate the fight in the 'night to remember' trailer, which I'm 100% behind and was quite sad was never actually in the base game in some form.

Almost certainly a reference considering the city in that trailer was in touissant

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Goddamn im out of town for work on the 31st, going to be the giddiest motherfucker on that plane back home two days later.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

this expansion needs a crime investigation / mystery quest where your sidekick is a troll, it'll be the best buddy cop show ever

Oh my god, imagine a good cop/bad cop scenario with Geralt and a Troll investigating crimes. HOLY poo poo. :allears:

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
It's too bad you guys didn't think to post that months ago so our resident developer could put it in, it definitely sounds like something he'd write.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Pellisworth posted:

There needs to be another expansion where you play a detective troll, with Geralt as a sidekick. It'll be the best buddy cop show ever

FTFY :colbert:

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Accordion Man posted:

Somebody didn't play the mission where Geralt's best buddy Detective Munch drops by.
Pembleton: Master of Axii. "You put the arrow in his path."

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
It looks like this one revolves around vampires, which is good to me because I thought the vampire monster hunts in the main game were pretty cool.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch

Arcsquad12 posted:

Almost certainly a reference considering the city in that trailer was in touissant

poo poo, you're right, I'd have sworn it was Novigrad. The rest of the trailer looks very much like the standard Velen locations certainly.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Boat... guard boats!

Deakul fucked around with this message at 03:44 on May 11, 2016

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I mean I'd be rather surprised if there weren't trolls in Blood and Wine. CDPR is pretty great about responding to player feedback, trolls are fan favorites, and this expansion is supposed to be heavy on fan-service.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Man I don't know about the default/base difficulties but hardest is so loving good. Every big fight (killing the first Werewolf now, in Veren or wahtever. In his lair.) has me on the edge of my seat trying to keep tabs of my potions/signs/buffs/food/toxicity/etc

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Also if I make a XYZ Decoction I have it for life and can use it at any fight??

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pellisworth posted:

I mean I'd be rather surprised if there weren't trolls in Blood and Wine. CDPR is pretty great about responding to player feedback, trolls are fan favorites, and this expansion is supposed to be heavy on fan-service.

Witcher 2 had River Trolls, Witcher 3 had Rock Trolls, Blood and Wine should have Forest Trolls like the one Lambert mentioned.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

I AM BRAWW posted:

Decoctions, potions, and bombs all function the same: you craft it, then you have X charges you can use. (X usually goes up with the recipe level, so superior versions have 3 or 4 uses--though decoctions are stuck at 1)
Once used, if you meditate for any amount of time you will restock all charges for the cost of one hard alcohol (dwarven spirit, etc). You don't need to recraft them, they just refill/restock.

The only time you "lose" a potion or bomb is when you upgrade it to the next tier. It is possible for a few items to get a second stack (recipe handed out by quest), but these are rare--for example, I had my stack of superior dimeritium bombs, and then a stack of vanilla dimeritium. Very handy for areas that you need it.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 04:02 on May 11, 2016

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

I AM BRAWW posted:

Yep, though you're limited to one per meditate.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
LMAO NO the loving werewolf in the cave, after I let the woman flee, just instantly hit me for the rest of my health after the dialogue ended. welp gonna expect that next time i guess.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

LMAO NO the loving werewolf in the cave, after I let the woman flee, just instantly hit me for the rest of my health after the dialogue ended. welp gonna expect that next time i guess.

You're a terrible person for letting her go anyway. Definitely deserve it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
Ok this is mostly spoilers, first play through and trying to make the right decisions. Try to answer without spoiling more than the question needs, please.

I killed the spirit mother bog bitch and the bloody baron still wants to go back and save his wife. Read the quest wiki. If I don't want the baron to hang himself, is that an option? Accept the quest but never go, or if I decline the quest does he still go back and end up hanging himself anyway?

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

extra stout posted:

Ok this is mostly spoilers, first play through and trying to make the right decisions. Try to answer without spoiling more than the question needs, please.

I killed the spirit mother bog bitch and the bloody baron still wants to go back and save his wife. Read the quest wiki. If I don't want the baron to hang himself, is that an option? Accept the quest but never go, or if I decline the quest does he go and end up hanging himself anyway?
Yeah there's another outcome, it deals with the tree spirit.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Accordion Man posted:

Yeah there's another outcome, it deals with the tree spirit.

I'm back in the room with the baron now, my options are to follow him or go on my way to Novigrad. Not sure if I didn't understand your answer or if I'm just further than you think I am.

I killed the tree spirit before I returned to the baron

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Feel free to double check the IGN walkthrough (which has exhaustive detail on essentially everything), before doing anyting, but if you killed the tree, you'll go back with the baron (and his daughter - don't recall if she shows up in the Crones' hamlet or beforehand), and after a bit of fighting he'll ride off with his wife to get her cured. There won't be any suicide.

e: More detail (and spoilers) -
http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/The_Whispering_Hillock

Red Dad Redemption fucked around with this message at 08:09 on May 11, 2016

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I don't know if this has been posted yet (it probably has), but if you bought the DLCs digitally and want yourself some Gwent cards, now's your chance.

http://redeemgwent.com/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

In that expansion gameplay video that piece of windmill that the giant flings at Geralt's direction should have killed one of the riders and not just fly by, get your poo poo together CDPR.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Konsek posted:

If you make a detour on your way to the (HOS spoiler?) wedding, say to the Flaming Rose quest Rose On a Red Field, Vlodomir has a comment for it, and for other HOS areas. Has anyone tried taking him to the heist? Wondered if he has any interaction there.

I tried going to Oxenfurt with him. About halfway there, he went YEAH NO WE'RE NOT GOING THERE.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

They should have let you complete the whole game as Vlodomir if you wanted to. Right down to taking down the Wild Hunt. Full altenative voice acting including Yen/Triss romance.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

extra stout posted:

I'm back in the room with the baron now, my options are to follow him or go on my way to Novigrad. Not sure if I didn't understand your answer or if I'm just further than you think I am.

I killed the tree spirit before I returned to the baron

if you killed the tree spirit, you're fine and can safely complete the quest

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Baiard posted:

It's too bad you guys didn't think to post that months ago so our resident developer could put it in, it definitely sounds like something he'd write.

I did one better. :)

My troll quest got cut, though :(

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

CVagts posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet (it probably has), but if you bought the DLCs digitally and want yourself some Gwent cards, now's your chance.

http://redeemgwent.com/

Thanks for the quest help all, also how much does the gwent set cost? Doesn't show up on the store without that code. Debating on buying Hearts of Stone even though I'm only 30 hours into the game, it's not likely to be discounted in the steam summer sale is it?

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

Are you allowed to tell us about it or why it was cut? Wanna play that quest

extra stout fucked around with this message at 09:47 on May 11, 2016

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

I'm betting that the main game will be discounted in tandem with the final expansion releasing on Steam. Probably not together with HoS but who knows.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

preorder cancelled.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

extra stout posted:

Thanks for the quest help all, also how much does the gwent set cost? Doesn't show up on the store without that code. Debating on buying Hearts of Stone even though I'm only 30 hours into the game, it's not likely to be discounted in the steam summer sale is it?

Are you allowed to tell us about it or why it was cut? Wanna play that quest

Maybe after release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Maybe after release.

Can you tell your boss witcher 4 if it's ever made the combat should just be that last battle with ciri where she is teleporting with every swing and cutting dudes in half like crazy.