Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I wouldn't mind a spin-off Ciri action game that plays as a Platinum title.

Also a Lambert visual novel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Can I wait until I finish the game to buy DLC or does it sctivate at a certain level? Forgot sbout that

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I AM BRAWW posted:

Can I wait until I finish the game to buy DLC or does it sctivate at a certain level? Forgot sbout that

Nah you're golden to do whatever.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

CVagts posted:

I don't know if this has been posted yet (it probably has), but if you bought the DLCs digitally and want yourself some Gwent cards, now's your chance.

http://redeemgwent.com/

Those shipping costs are ridic but I got my code and I'll probably pick one of these up like next week, poo poo looks cash.

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I did one better. :)

My troll quest got cut, though :(

That's hosed up, c'mon CDPR don't be like that.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
I find the smell of an earthly man,
Be he living, or be he dead,
His heart this night shall kitchen my bread.

Deakul posted:

Those shipping costs are ridic but I got my code and I'll probably pick one of these up like next week, poo poo looks cash.

That's hosed up, c'mon CDPR don't be like that.

The "I did one better" is still in. The troll quest is not.

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,
BTW interview I did; I stole a joke from this thread: https://www.vg247.com/2016/05/11/the-witcher-3-blood-wine-an-evolution-of-the-peasant-misery-simulator/

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The "I did one better" is still in. The troll quest is not.

That's what's hosed up!!!! :cry:

quote:

Do you know the TV show Mystery Science Theatre 2000?

:doh:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 14:08 on May 11, 2016

Comte de Saint-Germain
Mar 26, 2001

Snouk but and snouk ben,

Deakul posted:

That's what's hosed up!!!! :cry:

:doh:

Error is his, not mine! He's british, cut him some slack.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Error is his, not mine! He's british, cut him some slack.

Unlikely story but I'll let it slide.

Good interview, excited to see the contrast between Touissant and Velen.
I hope I'll still hear people hocking loogies at me and being called names as I walk by them!

edit:
:eyepop:
Blood & Wine is 15gbs!

Deakul fucked around with this message at 14:56 on May 11, 2016

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Deakul posted:

Unlikely story but I'll let it slide.

Good interview, excited to see the contrast between Touissant and Velen.
I hope I'll still hear people hocking loogies at me and being called names as I walk by them!

edit:
:eyepop:
Blood & Wine is 15gbs!

That's the best avatar i've ever seen!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

So, cough, what are the chances of you guys deciding "gently caress it, let's do a couple more DLCs"?

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Man I think it means a lot more that the world is so beautifully crafted that I'd rather ride my horse through it than use fast travel, even if it isn't as big as XYZ or whatever. I think the only time I used fast travel was when I was forced to use it to leave Emyr's castle up to now

I AM BRAWW fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 11, 2016

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Someone send me their GPU until I finish this game so I can have both grass density set to Ultra and foliage visibility range set to Ultra

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Also whose dick do I have to suck to get a fast travel point near the armorer in Crow's Perch?

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Deakul posted:

Also whose dick do I have to suck to get a fast travel point near the armorer in Crow's Perch?

Ah, I remember complaints about that before in the thread. Basically Comte's answer was it was a 'no can do' because of scripted events that took place there which would get hosed up or something.

So excited for Blood and Wine. Sounds like it's going to be a proper send off for Geralt and Co. The tone suggested for parts of it makes me think it's going feel like Citadel did for Mass Effect 3, a great swansong and a proper ending.

Also I'm jealous of your avatar.

Pam Param, pam pam Pa ram!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Do y'all meditate p. much after each fight? Riding down a road and stopping to fight some cannibals in the AM, meditating, finishing off the cannibal chief after said meditation, meditating again, flipping some totem poles on the road for an old lady, seeing witch titties in her pocket dimension pool thing at lunch, going to next quest, fighting a water hag for the first time, meditate, etc.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I AM BRAWW posted:

Do y'all meditate p. much after each fight? Riding down a road and stopping to fight some cannibals in the AM, meditating, finishing off the cannibal chief after said meditation, meditating again, flipping some totem poles on the road for an old lady, seeing witch titties in her pocket dimension pool thing at lunch, going to next quest, fighting a water hag for the first time, meditate, etc.

why are you meditating so much? If its to regain health, just eat some food or take a swig of swallow. on the 2 hardest difficulties meditating does not even regen health, and i never ran out of food, despite using it to top off my health whenever i felt like it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
I only meditate if i run out of something or if i need to pass the time until a certain point.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
bad at video games on the hardest difficulty i suppose, but yea i use up most of my grapeshots/firebombs and swallows in big fights

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

I AM BRAWW posted:

bad at video games on the hardest difficulty i suppose, but yea i use up most of my grapeshots/firebombs and swallows in big fights

are you still early on? what level? The game is hardest in the early stages while you are still learning the combat and do not have access to witcher gear yet.

Are you using the 2 witcher gear swords from the starting zone? If not your swords might be underleveled.

Not to be all Git Gud, but maybe practice a bit against some lower level enemies to get the hang of dodging and rolling. One of the most useful tactics is to sidestep towards the enemy, to get behind them as they take a swing, and then wail on them. this works great against many enemies, including humans.

Use signs. Quen is a must while learning, as its a free hit. Igni is also very useful, as even unupgraded it sets humans and many monsters on fire, temporarily taking them out of the fight.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anyone know how much the Gwent Cards and shipping are if you go through http://redeemgwent.com/ ?

Debating either buying Blood and Wine digitally and buying the gwent cards there, or just buying it from Gamestop if it's cheaper.

EDIT: Never mind, found out. $9.99 plus 2.80 for economy shipping.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 16:24 on May 11, 2016

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Tower of the Swallow (book 4 of the saga) finally comes out in English on May 19th, so I can read that before getting the new DLC.
So hyped. Witcher 3 is the best game I've ever played (nothing before came close to Ultima VII) so another 20-30 hours of new content is gonna be awesome.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

WoodrowSkillson posted:

are you still early on? what level? The game is hardest in the early stages while you are still learning the combat and do not have access to witcher gear yet.

Are you using the 2 witcher gear swords from the starting zone? If not your swords might be underleveled.

Not to be all Git Gud, but maybe practice a bit against some lower level enemies to get the hang of dodging and rolling. One of the most useful tactics is to sidestep towards the enemy, to get behind them as they take a swing, and then wail on them. this works great against many enemies, including humans.

Use signs. Quen is a must while learning, as its a free hit. Igni is also very useful, as even unupgraded it sets humans and many monsters on fire, temporarily taking them out of the fight.

Oh yeah I'm still very early game. Just doing the "find Elven mask guy with witch chick" quest now. I got the two Viper Witcher swords from the previous area. I've just just hit level 5 and have been fighting up to level 9 mobs so I guess that might have something to do with it. Have mostly been using Puppeteer Axii as my main sign. Not complaining about the meditating, just curious if anyone else did it nearly as much as I do.

Konsek
Sep 4, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Megazver posted:

I tried going to Oxenfurt with him. About halfway there, he went YEAH NO WE'RE NOT GOING THERE.

Palpek posted:

They should have let you complete the whole game as Vlodomir if you wanted to. Right down to taking down the Wild Hunt. Full altenative voice acting including Yen/Triss romance.

There goes the idea for my next playthrough. Get Vlodomir ASAP then play the whole game as Vlodomir, complete with the glasses and rear end ears, strutting into battle with the Wild Hunt with my hands on my hips.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Considering how much fun CDP seems to have with the Witcher universe I'd love to see their take on a Witcher sequel where you can create your own Witcher and take the lore wherever they want.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I just want Ciri to pop up in Cyberpunk.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Given Ciri's scar, hair and general demeanor, and at least one of the endings, I was assuming that CDPR were at least leaving the door open to a sequel involving Ciri as a (well, the) witcher. They'd obviously need to tone down her abilities and presumably it'd be a while, given their other commitments.

e: I guess it's unlikely but I liked the game so much I'd love to see some sort of sequel.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

Given Ciri's scar, hair and general demeanor, and at least one of the endings, I was assuming that CDPR were at least leaving the door open to a sequel involving Ciri as a (well, the) witcher. They'd obviously need to tone down her abilities and presumably it'd be a while, given their other commitments.

possible, though player created one with open ended endings and such would really be the best. They let you play geralt in such completely different ways, its not like it would be a tremendous difference to let the player create the character and let it go from there.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

MikeC posted:

I assume that site has an agenda of some sort? I mean entire sections devoted to depiction of women and lack of colored people?

No loving poo poo. Polygon is awful.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

I did one better. :)

My troll quest got cut, though :(

Those monsters. What? No make face, you know is true.

Edit: also, I AM BRAWW if you haven't run into him yet, you gotta meet up with the soldier troll. The quest is called The Volunteer, he's on a small island just west of Oxenfurt.

BOATS GUARD BOATS

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 11, 2016

ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
Turdy dumps.

Still very excited for the expansion. Have soon caught up with the books, will probably finish Baptism of Fire just in time for the next translation to come out. They are quite enjoyable, I sometimes wish they would have more of Geralt and Dandelion's wacky adventures and less "random guy in the army"-parts though.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Heh, the tower of swallows is already out in Canada. Picked it up Monday.

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
does blood and wine need me to have a savegame or can i use a stock geralt like HoS

my super-geralt was deleted in a formatting incident ;_;

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

A Witcher game starring Ciri that's a universe-hopping adventure based around her Elder Blood powers rather than mutations would be something else.

I can dream!

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

WoodrowSkillson posted:

possible, though player created one with open ended endings and such would really be the best. They let you play geralt in such completely different ways, its not like it would be a tremendous difference to let the player create the character and let it go from there.

I'd hate to go back to playing another blank slate again. You can't make a player made character with the same sense of history that Geralt has.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yeah, letting the player create the character would be completely against CDPR's entire philosophy. There's a reason why they didn't make Witcher 3 like Skyrim.

I can believe they'll make another game with another witcher but a blank state is something that CDPR actively fought against throughout the series and I HOPE they never do that.

There are reasons why TW3 is so much better story-wise than the competition and one of the main ones is having a protagonist with a very specific history.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

The correct answer for the next Witcher game is a prequel featuring a young Vesemir as the main character.

Learn what's like to be the Dadliest Witcher.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Palpek posted:

There are reasons why TW3 is so much better story-wise than the competition and one of the main ones is having a protagonist with a very specific history.

Yeah I agree, you don't necessarily need a character with as detailed a background as Geralt, but a complete blank-slate would lose most of the impact from the dialogue and storytelling.

The writing in W3 is great in part because you're working with defined characters. There are fewer options when making decisions, but they're MUCH more meaningful.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Dirt posted:

The correct answer for the next Witcher game is a prequel featuring a young Vesemir as the main character.

Learn what's like to be the Dadliest Witcher.

It would also be pretty neat to see a world where Witchers are sort of a world power with a couple massive schools and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm currently playing Witcher 3 on a laptop, and getting fine performance for my buck, but I'm really considering building myself a tower. The upcoming GTX 1080 and 1070 cards look seriously appealing, though I think they'd probably be overkill for whatever monitor I'd buy.