Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Man, tier 6 is loving rough. I don't have any dudes that can dispel debuffs because Ackbar and Ewok Elder are both 5* so I was just eating deathmarks left and right. I'm going to have to prioritize Ackbar and start spending refreshes on Elder. I actually haven't even played phase 1 of the raid before because it was always over before I logged on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Stalkerr posted:

I just unlocked Dooku and Daka this morning. :toot:

I'm going to go for one more star on Daka and then start working on unlocking QJG.

Almost have my entire team up to Gear VII, for protection. Too bad it only lasts for the first few GW battles before it's gone. Since I'm pouring my resources into my main team, I don't really have a "B" team, unless you count the random level 40 characters I haven't touched in a week. Usually in GW I just get my 400 points, buy Lumi, and then run through a few more nodes until I hit the last few, then I quit for the day. The only GW I completed was my very first one.

Barriss is what you want for finishing GW. Since I started leading with her, I have not missed a GW. Get her up to 5-6* and she will take you through GW no prob.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I just auto through all Gw nodes nowadays with barriss/lum/ahsoka/qgj/obi-wan. I was having trouble with the last few strong nodes until I swapped in old ben, now he just shuts their poo poo down.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
I hope they revisit how the new gear is distributed. I've top 3d four times now in a raid and watch the store closely and I seem to be getting the same three or four pieces of gear that no one needs other than QGJ's binoculars.

Or maybe the heroic will be easier than it seems and actually drop needed gear.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
The bottom three slots in the guild shop are all raid-exclusive gear. One of them is necessary for Geo Soldier X, one for QGJ X, and one for Lumi IX, so I'm happy with all those options

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

So, I have $200 laying around not doing anything except sitting in a PayPal account. If I were to spend it on this game, theoretically of course, what would give me the most bang for my buck, as it were?

Either that or I'll buy a new pullup bar and another piece of weight equipment, which actually has an ROI not measured in electrons.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Stalkerr posted:

So, I have $200 laying around not doing anything except sitting in a PayPal account. If I were to spend it on this game, theoretically of course, what would give me the most bang for my buck, as it were?

Either that or I'll buy a new pullup bar and another piece of weight equipment, which actually has an ROI not measured in electrons.

Unless you are brand new to the game, the Chromium packs are not worth it (and even if you are new, their usefulness is debatable). The only character bundle that wasn't a ripoff was the old Dooku one they had. I guess if you were gonna spend money, spend it on crystals for energy recharges.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I only spend money on crystals if I have a poo poo ton of training droids but no gold.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Stalkerr posted:

The beginner pack with Barriss is the only way you should spend money on this lovely game ever

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Syrinxx posted:

The beginner pack with Barriss is the only way you should spend money on this lovely game ever

This. 200$ is not enough to go full chromium whale so if you really want to spend it, get that pack if you still can then go for gems only.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Mr. Neutron posted:

This. 200$ is not enough to go full chromium whale so if you really want to spend it, get that pack if you still can then go for gems only.

I've read that if you drop $200 into crystals, and then spend them on the current Arodium(sp?) character (Wedge), you will get enough shards to 7* him. Not that I'm recommending this, but if you absolutely want a 7* non-farmable character, that's the way to do it.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Jenny Angel posted:

The bottom three slots in the guild shop are all raid-exclusive gear. One of them is necessary for Geo Soldier X, one for QGJ X, and one for Lumi IX, so I'm happy with all those options

The Lumi piece has only shown up for more money than I have. :( At this rate I'm looking at weeks before I get her up to gear 9.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Arrrgggg I just finished getting my 4th squad to 5*. Now I am back to two squads again lol I will never have good raid DPS.

Yeah, I'm thinking for now we'll alternate between T5 and T6 so that everyone can have some fun. It is pretty ridiculously hard though...if it takes us 4 or 5 days to finish, we'll probably do another couple weeks of T5.

Syrinxx posted:

Hey, I bet you're wishing you dropped $25 on Ewoks right about now.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Malgrin posted:

Hey, I bet you're wishing you dropped $25 on Ewoks right about now.

Hopefully they'll add that for Android gamers too eventually.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Syrinxx posted:

I finally got Barriss to a level I can use in GW and I've gone from never finishing it for several months to finishing it. She is incredible.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Barriss for GW president. I'm still debating on whether to give her my last mk5 akroyd caller though.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's better to get Old Ben than Barriss "Never Used Outside GW" Offee imo

WerrWaaa
Nov 5, 2008

I can make all your dreams come true.
Having more experience in the game a few weeks in I wish I had bought the Bariss pack and not missed it due to freeplaymideset :(

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

kaschei posted:

It's better to get Old Ben than Barriss "Never Used Outside GW" Offee imo

True, but GW is like the primary source of credits in this poo poo game, and you aren't finishing it, you're super nerfing your stable.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Old Ben will let you finish GW and do other things

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Why would you knowingly spend two hundred dollars on a cell phone game

Why not just go full retard and buy an actual Skinner box that gives you candy or something every time you press the button

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Do they make a combo pull-up bar/pez dispenser?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

kaschei posted:

Old Ben will let you finish GW and do other things

Really? I only recently unlocked him but I really don't see anything exceptional for GW about him other than the leader ability but relying on dodges is really not my thing.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

Jibo posted:

The Lumi piece has only shown up for more money than I have. :( At this rate I'm looking at weeks before I get her up to gear 9.

As far as I can tell, the three components are always there, but they show up during each interval at randomly assigned packs of 5, 10, and 25. Sounds like you've just gotten an unlucky run of 25-packs?

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Slightly Toasted posted:

Why would you knowingly spend two hundred dollars on a cell phone game

Why not just go full retard and buy an actual Skinner box that gives you candy or something every time you press the button

Short answer: I"m Scrooge McDuck in real life

So, this Yoda event. I have a 5* Lumi, 3* JC, and 2* JG. Could I theoretically beat up to the 3* challenge?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
I am at 70/80 Rey shards and I've gone 4 entire days (16 refreshes) without seeing Rey shards in the guild store. RNG is a dick.

On the plus side, I've finally got STHan high enough to slot him into my Arena squad and boy does his taunt win battles in the 60s. Dunno if it'll stay relevant but it's pretty awesome.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Stalkerr posted:

Short answer: I"m Scrooge McDuck in real life

So, this Yoda event. I have a 5* Lumi, 3* JC, and 2* JG. Could I theoretically beat up to the 3* challenge?

Nope. You can't enter without 5 Jedi, and they need to be the appropriate star level. So, to do the 1*, you need 5 1*+. 2* = 5 2*+. Etc.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Vulpes posted:

I am at 70/80 Rey shards and I've gone 4 entire days (16 refreshes) without seeing Rey shards in the guild store. RNG is a dick.

On the plus side, I've finally got STHan high enough to slot him into my Arena squad and boy does his taunt win battles in the 60s. Dunno if it'll stay relevant but it's pretty awesome.
I am 78 and ST Han is pretty lovely, if he taunts I just use qgj to whack it off and I get a dps boost to my squad. RG is much better.

Seeing any of dooku/rg/rey make me think twice. All three is a nope.

Stalkerr
Jun 10, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Nope. You can't enter without 5 Jedi, and they need to be the appropriate star level. So, to do the 1*, you need 5 1*+. 2* = 5 2*+. Etc.

Ugh, well, hopefully they'll have a Jedi pack for purchase, or else I'll wait till next month and hopefully have more Jedi by then.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Stalkerr posted:

Ugh, well, hopefully they'll have a Jedi pack for purchase, or else I'll wait till next month and hopefully have more Jedi by then.

I would recommend holding off anyways. You can't unlock Yoda until you've finished the 5* challenge. I put in the OP the best jedi to work on for this challenge and where to get them -- check that out.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Folks are claiming on Reddit that T7 is miles easier than T6, one dude claims that if everyone has a 7* team of phasma, rey, GS, rex, and QGJ (lol 7* rex, but perhaps there is a farmable replacement?) you can finish the T7 raid super quick. No idea how true this is, and no idea how many people in the guild even have 1 full 7* team (we could know this if everyone did the swgoh.gg thing and marked themselves public, right now we only have like 20 guys on there), but might be worth thinking about in the future.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

Folks are claiming on Reddit that T7 is miles easier than T6, one dude claims that if everyone has a 7* team of phasma, rey, GS, rex, and QGJ (lol 7* rex, but perhaps there is a farmable replacement?) you can finish the T7 raid super quick. No idea how true this is, and no idea how many people in the guild even have 1 full 7* team (we could know this if everyone did the swgoh.gg thing and marked themselves public, right now we only have like 20 guys on there), but might be worth thinking about in the future.

Weird. I'd still be nervous about starting it with the 2 day time limit though. I have the shards to take Phasma to 7*, Rey is 7*, QGJ is 7*. At least for the first phase, you need to run Elder or Ackbar in place of Rex for the debuffs...Ackbar probably deals more damage. Not sure who I would put in place of GS...maybe after I finish RG I'll finally get around to him.

e: Reading up on T6 vs T7:

quote:

T6 values deep rosters with lots of specific roles. T7 is a rancor pinata where you try to get everyone at least one whack before it bursts open.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 11, 2016

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
T7 is easier than T6 if you have a full guild of whales with deep 7* rosters. For us, not so much.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Vulpes posted:

T7 is easier than T6 if you have a full guild of whales with deep 7* rosters. For us, not so much.

It sounds like T7 actually has a lot less health than T6.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mr. Neutron posted:

Really? I only recently unlocked him but I really don't see anything exceptional for GW about him other than the leader ability but relying on dodges is really not my thing.
Gear him up. With the tm change/bug? he goes before the enemy half the time and gives you 2 turns to kill anyone scary while taking precious little damage. I have to slow down on the middle few nodes to let his CD come back (and fill his tm if I can fix it that way).

He's not as good as BO for GW but he's miles ahead of Lumi for teams that aren't five Jedi, and he's actually useful outside GW. It may just mesh well with my heavy disable team but when 80% of their turns are stunned, o.down, or ability blocked and 20% whiff and donate TM you don't take so much damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I'm having a shitload of success in GW as Barris (L), Lumi, QGJ, Dooku, Daka.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

Just looking at our progression so far on T6 I would say as a guild we might be months away from trying T7. Even with reduced health on T7, you need the full guild to put in high-end work and we don't really have that yet.

cowofwar posted:

I am 78 and ST Han is pretty lovely, if he taunts I just use qgj to whack it off and I get a dps boost to my squad. RG is much better.

Use both :) I run ST Han Lead, Rey RG GS QGJ (all gear IX) I never lose on offense and don't drop out of #20 ever anymore. RG helps take some of pressure off of Han when he gets down, but by that time his TM has gotten me a couple more swings with Rey/GS/QGJ that when he does bite it it's too late for the enemy anyway

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 22:57 on May 11, 2016

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

So, forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but what's the benefit of running the game through Windows in Bluestacks? I see that thing in the OP about the pack with the IG-86. How do you get that? I already have him, so I'm assuming it'll turn to shards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It's for logging in on any Samsung device, it'll pop up when you log in. I do think you get shards if you have him already.