Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Alleged Evocati sources suggest 2.4.0d is live

e: cat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013
drat, those "dude in a sweater gurning" screens get me every time.

Was he the tour guide for Olisar or something?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Do you think Ben's idea of kink is to hide his glass eye somewhere on his body so his wife has to find it?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Laopooh posted:

I'm 200 pages behind and might find myself beaten but...

ahaha this game is the fucken best :getin:

No worries commando, the game itself is 200 months behind.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I am reasonably sure the reason the Buccaneer is $10 more is to make the people pay money to RSI _with the new TOS active_. Otherwise, it might not count as a transaction, financially.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
I wouldn't doubt they put up a new improved TOS the day of the sale.

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Warcabbit posted:

I am reasonably sure the reason the Buccaneer is $10 more is to make the people pay money to RSI _with the new TOS active_. Otherwise, it might not count as a transaction, financially.

They mostly scam at night, mostly.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

MedicineHut posted:

Alleged Evocati sources suggest 2.4.0d is live

So in about a week around another 100-120GB of patches thrown down the pie holes of the backers.

This thing really must be an epic piece of poo poo of unprecedented scale if they had to hide it with transparent development and dumping out 25GB patches drat near everyday.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
So far three out of three gamers in my office have all disliked the new COD trailer, because space, and are frothing for trench wwi warfare from battlefield's trailer.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

RoosterChief posted:

drat, those "dude in a sweater gurning" screens get me every time.

Was he the tour guide for Olisar or something?

He's the first character you interact with in Squadron 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

Many of you old timers may remember Old Man Murray's Start to Crate review system, which basically judged a game on how quickly you saw a crate. Back in 2000 crates were everywhere and the assumption was that seeing a crate basically represented the moment at which the designer had run out of ideas. The lower the STC the more derivative and lovely the game was.

How appropriate that Squadron 42 has a STC of 0.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Lladre posted:

So far three out of three gamers in my office have all disliked the new COD trailer, because space, and are frothing for trench wwi warfare from battlefield's trailer.

I'm not really looking forward to a game that recreates the experience of huddling in a trench before charging across no-man's land and being cut to pieces by machinegun fire. What is wrong with people that they want to play that rather than fly a starfighter and pew pew some people in loving space?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

G0RF posted:

People bringing up Star Citizen in Reddit comments over the Peachy Printer story for some weird reason....

File Under: "At Least They Tried..."

The top few narrative threads I'd expect to see pushed more and more (by paid or volunteer shills). We already see them now, but these are very strategically important for the impending "MVP DELIVERY" which I would bet all my Goon Valor happens Dec 2016 or Jan 2017 with them delivering PU 3.0

"They tried something truly ambitious (THIS ONE IS AN 11), and gave it their all with very talented people, but the challenge was to great and no one is to blame."

"The game right now is stunning and so much fun without additional features. I play every night with my friends and have got my money's worth."

"You can earn UEC right now and buy items in the game so there is endless replay value and everyone who pledged real money for items has gotten what they paid for"

"The incredible amount of Open Development content and community engagement by CIG has been extraordinary and I've more than got my money's worth from this journey"

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

post that .gif of a cat doing this.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Solarin posted:

The top few narrative threads I'd expect to see pushed more and more (by paid or volunteer shills). We already see them now, but these are very strategically important for the impending "MVP DELIVERY" which I would bet all my Goon Valor happens Dec 2016 or Jan 2017 with them delivering PU 3.0

"They tried something truly ambitious (THIS ONE IS AN 11), and gave it their all with very talented people, but the challenge was to great and no one is to blame."

"The game right now is stunning and so much fun without additional features. I play every night with my friends and have got my money's worth."

"You can earn UEC right now and buy items in the game so there is endless replay value and everyone who pledged real money for items has gotten what they paid for"

"The incredible amount of Open Development content and community engagement by CIG has been extraordinary and I've more than got my money's worth from this journey"

I also see these everywhere, and as far as I'm concerned, they're capitulation and a full admission of the fall of the biggest piece of poo poo in PC gaming. And the space game he tried to make.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

post that .gif of a cat doing this.

and shaq

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

add the wigglers together

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

G0RF posted:

People bringing up Star Citizen in Reddit comments over the Peachy Printer story for some weird reason....

File Under: "At Least They Tried..."

Lol, some of the cultist comments defending SC in that thread are just priceless:

"Im not even heavily invested in SC, I never backed it, never played it, I was never on any of their forums, I just cant stand it when people talk out of their rear end."

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend

MedicineHut posted:

Lol, some of the cultist comments defending SC in that thread are just priceless:

"Im not even heavily invested in SC, I never backed it, never played it, I was never on any of their forums, I just cant stand it when people talk out of their rear end."

"If you don't understand how game development timeliness work it can appear that there is no progress being made, which is entirely untrue. The best revenge is success and all that, here is hoping Squadron 42 will actually meet its release deadline."

Clearly you don't understand game development timeliness.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SneakyFrog posted:

add the wigglers together

maybe in gif 2.5

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wafflz posted:

maybe in gif 2.5

2 weeks?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

ya woh did eh did ehp wo did ;)

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here

Wafflz posted:

Wafflz posted:

maybe in gif 2.5

Can't we just make a Kickstarter for the .gif project?

It could easily net us $216 million, if a .jpeg project can get $113 million.

tastychicken fucked around with this message at 23:37 on May 11, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He's the first character you interact with in Squadron 42.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qexLUpQJPw8

Many of you old timers may remember Old Man Murray's Start to Crate review system, which basically judged a game on how quickly you saw a crate. Back in 2000 crates were everywhere and the assumption was that seeing a crate basically represented the moment at which the designer had run out of ideas. The lower the STC the more derivative and lovely the game was.

How appropriate that Squadron 42 has a STC of 0.
The Battlestar Galactica zooms always crack me up. This man is the King of Pastiche.

e:

Sunswipe posted:

I'm not really looking forward to a game that recreates the experience of huddling in a trench before charging across no-man's land and being cut to pieces by machinegun fire. What is wrong with people that they want to play that rather than fly a starfighter and pew pew some people in loving space?
This. While I'm sure it will be little more than WWI themed and it will be mostly normal gameplay that space shootyman really got me pumped and I generally dislike sci-fi out of books. It looked like Star Citizen would look if CR had any good taste at all.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 23:45 on May 11, 2016

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

MeLKoR posted:

The Battlestar Galactica zooms always crack me up. This man is the King of Pastiche.

e:

This. While I'm sure it will be little more than WWI themed and it will be mostly normal gameplay that space shootyman really got me pumped and I generally dislike sci-fi out of books.

I like when the chief engineer that greets you turns from an old black dude looking like weathered Obama into a goofy young poorly rendered Scottish guy when his hair helmet and accent and white skin all kick in, and it's all downhill from there.

When that and the Admiral Parp speech first came out it was one of my first real 'uh oh' moments I had about the prospects of the game, although I never went full whaletard I used to at least believe in the team and never doubted crobler because I didn't know he was a huxter.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Do you think Ben's idea of kink is to hide his glass eye somewhere in his body so his wife has to find it?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Lladre posted:

Because germans with maces.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Star citizen in VR

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

maybe in gif 2.5

and it won't work properly until 3.0 (or never) if you're developing your gifs right.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Do you think Ben's idea of kink is to hide his glass eye somewhere on his body so his wife has to find it?
What kind of weak rear end nerd is he anyway? Any geek worth his salt secretly dreams of losing an eye so they can sport an eyepatch and be Big Boss or Captain Harlock. Shameful display.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For those that want more details on why the Wing Commander movie is poo poo, but don't want to actually see it, this is a pretty comprehensive review: https://systemmasterypodcast.com/2015/08/27/movie-mastery-wing-commander/

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

"2 hours and you couldnt find it. New record! BEN WINS! Hey uh... look at my rear end in a top hat."

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
edit: nothing really new here, carry on.

http://wccftech.com/star-citizen-24-persistence-build-notes-leak/

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 00:55 on May 12, 2016

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Wow Star Citizen sounds amazing!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grimcreaper posted:

"2 hours and you couldnt find it. New record! BEN WINS! Hey uh... look at my rear end in a top hat."
"you'll need to be more specific"

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bens kink is hiding a 20 piece KFC meal in his mouth.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this thread is still good

star citizen, still king in 2016

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

I'm always curious on their arbitrary limits. $2,750 pre-alpha-UEC credits. Why isn't it 3,000? Will the extra 250 cause a disruption in the flushed out economy server that they ready to flip the switch on?

Or the limits on real-life UEC credits per day and total in the account.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
We're slowing down. Someone at CIG needs to kick a puppy or be revealed as a war criminal or something to get us going again.

• Locked thread