Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should be president
Ron Paul
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

spud posted:

You seem very triggered by this thread friend Dreddout.

Maybe have a break for a bit?

Actually I'm so jaded that I struggle to care for anything at all, except for the sweet embrace of death obv!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Holyshoot posted:

My bad. I thought this was the ironic conservative thread.

The normal way I can take 46*27 and find the answer with paper and pencil and not take 5 years to figure it out.

From what I heard Common Core made it easier for people who aren't very good at math to learn math since you write a book to figure out the problem. (I don't think it's a minority thing that was me being an ironic conservative)

It's because the process focuses on why you're doing each step, and what the operation means, in a world where a calculator is in everyone's pocket.

The Light Eternal posted:

Haha that's just a poorly written test question all around. And WTF happened to writing in red pen? The purple marker poo poo looks ridiculous.

Yeah, you're not "making 10," you're getting to 10 "on the way" to 13. It promotes general number sense and the physicist's estimation, of getting to the nearest order of magnitude and working from there.

Except NOBAMA tainted the test questions with his George Soros Jeeeewwwwww magic so the kids ain't learnin's poo poo! Only common core I need is the common width of the core of the rod I beat the stupid outta mah kids with!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Stinky_Pete posted:

It's because the process focuses on why you're doing each step, and what the operation means, in a world where a calculator is in everyone's pocket.

Yeah, you're not "making 10," you're getting to 10 "on the way" to 13. It promotes general number sense and the physicist's estimation, of getting to the nearest order of magnitude and working from there.

Except NOBAMA tainted the test questions with his George Soros Jeeeewwwwww magic so the kids ain't learnin's poo poo! Only common core I need is the common width of the core of the rod I beat the stupid outta mah kids with!

Praise jebus.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/730426047871725568

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 17:13 on May 11, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Voting and guns are intrinsic parts of the human condition, toilets aren't Q.E.D!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
he's right, toilets are not a human right and are actually corrupting decadence. let us return to making GBS threads in the streets

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Libelous Slander posted:

he's right, toilets are not a human right and are actually corrupting decadence. let us return to making GBS threads in the streets

You know people can be arrested and put on the sex offender registry for making GBS threads in the streets. It's a travesty.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
If liberals hate guns so much, how come they love going to war against christmas? :smug:

war have guns, you see

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Stinky_Pete posted:

If liberals hate guns so much, how come they love going to war against christmas? :smug:

war have guns, you see

Liebrals wage war on Christmas and decency but Conservatives wage war on terror and immorality! :smug:

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Dreddout posted:

So all Republicans are secretly Muslim?

Man, they really are playing the long con!

They were practicing taquero law all along!

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Tiberius Thyben posted:

They were practicing taquero law all along!

"It was Halal all along, Obama! It was Halal all along! Even my four wives bought it!"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/patriotjewel/status/730491580637806592

I hate wiping and finding babies on the TP

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
pretty sure that's an anti-masturbation political meme

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I've decided not to have children as a result of my economic circumstance :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Bernie has no path to victory and he should unite behind Hillary Clinton for the sake of the nation. :smug:

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Gonna roll those babies up and smoke 'em.

puff puff pass son

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/mediaite/status/730380089670668289

Mr Ice Cream Glove fucked around with this message at 22:17 on May 11, 2016

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

What are they mad at now?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

they're pissed off that there's a sign up now by the restrooms that directs people to the pharmacy where there is a single use unisex bathroom. how the hell are people going to explain "unisex" to their daughters?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
you cannot pee there, i want to pee there, go pee in some other corner, this is my corner

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

subhuman filth posted:

want to taste this $1/lb meat :mrgw:

This bitch hasn't gone to the grocery store since 1997.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

God must *really* love China then

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

People on the wrong side of history are really mad they lost the homosex debate so they're doubling down on discrimination against the T part of LGBT.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Ivor Biggun posted:

People on the wrong side of history are really mad they lost the homosex debate so they're doubling down on discrimination against the T part of LGBT.

I can't wait till we legalize forced sex transitions.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Dreddout posted:

I can't wait till we legalize forced sex transitions.

It's the Iranian way!

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Don't these conservamorons realize it's 2016? lol

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/scrowder/status/730548069692002305

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

His attempts at meme talk are adorable! :allears:

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TRUMP!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

This is so me

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!

Finally, someone with the gumption to point out that we are paying educators way too much.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Plus it uses the confusing Harvard example, the college with a ridiculous endowment of such size they will probably abolish tuition.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/thepantau/status/730777236794712065

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Libelous Slander posted:

There is so much that China & India have yet to teach us.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
whats fracing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

as a rule i do not watch the back half of any movie. too many pamphlets to hand out.

• Locked thread