Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Monsters are fast as gently caress. I found the way to fight them is to get in a rhythm of attack, attack, side step, attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

sebmojo posted:

Monsters are fast as gently caress. I found the way to fight them is to get in a rhythm of attack, attack, side step, attack.

Always side dodge Drowners. A back dodge often isn't enough to get out of their lunge range.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Sheikh Djibouti posted:

Given Ciri's scar, hair and general demeanor, and at least one of the endings, I was assuming that CDPR were at least leaving the door open to a sequel involving Ciri as a (well, the) witcher. They'd obviously need to tone down her abilities and presumably it'd be a while, given their other commitments.

e: I guess it's unlikely but I liked the game so much I'd love to see some sort of sequel.

Tone down Ciri? gently caress that.

Give her enemies that are just as zippy :getin:

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Palpek posted:

Yeah, letting the player create the character would be completely against CDPR's entire philosophy. There's a reason why they didn't make Witcher 3 like Skyrim.

I can believe they'll make another game with another witcher but a blank state is something that CDPR actively fought against throughout the series and I HOPE they never do that.

There are reasons why TW3 is so much better story-wise than the competition and one of the main ones is having a protagonist with a very specific history.

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to dial that way down, apparently. At the very least, there's going to be Mass Effect level of customization.

I do want more RPGs with protagonists as defined as Geralt, though. I found Pillars of Eternity, for example, incredibly dry and hard to give a gently caress about, for example.

EDIT: Gameplay video from Eurogamer.

Megazver fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 11, 2016

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.

Megazver posted:

Cyberpunk 2077 is going to dial that way down, apparently. At the very least, there's going to be Mass Effect level of customization.

I do want more RPGs with protagonists as defined as Geralt, though. I found Pillars of Eternity, for example, incredibly dry and hard to give a gently caress about, for example.

Yeah, Geralt as a defined character really helped my involvement in the story, I never really get the play insert characters, they just seem boring. PoE had a fantastic setting with incredible lore and I found the plot very interesting, I just didn't get hugely emotionally invested in it, was still one of my favourite games of last year.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
downvoting any Ciri expansion/new game. I kind of feel she is one of the weakest cast members along with Triss.

I would really love a sorceress game. Either a yen or Keira game/expansion. Maybe show us some of Nilfgaard or Zerrekania. Alternatively a Letho origin story.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ciri is one of the best things about the game.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
What I liked most about Ciri was how CDPR to compress her progression, yet it still feels meaningful. (lots/endgame) The griffin fight takes a while since it's based on evasion and endurance, and the half dozen thugs in Whoreson's base can be brutal, but she butchers everything during the final battle against the Wild Hunt.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

SirSamVimes posted:

Ciri is one of the best things about the game.
Yeah, Ciri would be the most interesting person to focus on because she could go anywhere in the multiverse, so you can just go wild with the things she could do.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice
What is with the save files. What if I jump in on PC without ever playing the 1st and second games?

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
There are some choices of minor consequences in the previous game. But don't sweat it.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Two Feet From Bread posted:

What is with the save files. What if I jump in on PC without ever playing the 1st and second games?

Just jump right in with Witcher 3.

Once you get past the tutorial zone (White Orchard) you'll have a dialogue where you say what happened to various characters in Witcher 2 to simulate a save.

The only significant change is if you say Letho lived, he shows up and has a cool quest. If you killed him in Witcher 2 then you miss out on that.

Everything else is pretty minor.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Bitchin' tattoo is debatably minor :colbert:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FnCO1DkOU

Best Character. (video has spoilers)

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 12, 2016

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MikeC posted:

downvoting any Ciri expansion/new game. I kind of feel she is one of the weakest cast members along with Triss.

I would really love a sorceress game. Either a yen or Keira game/expansion. Maybe show us some of Nilfgaard or Zerrekania. Alternatively a Letho origin story.

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Ciri is one of the best characters in the game next to Yen, Dijkstra, and Bart the Troll.

Shannow
Aug 30, 2003

Frumious Bandersnatch
If Ciri isn't in Cyberpunk in some form i'll be greatly disappointed.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

Deakul posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you? Ciri is one of the best characters in the game next to Yen, Dijkstra, and Bart the Troll.

Maybe her voice actor irritated me from the get-go? I didn't find her that compelling.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Bart is objectively the best character in the game. I will figuratively fight you if you disagree.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

MikeC posted:

Maybe her voice actor irritated me from the get-go? I didn't find her that compelling.

Deakul posted:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gonkish posted:

Bart is objectively the best character in the game. I will figuratively fight you if you disagree.

Sorry but he's second to Wham-a-Wham

Burns
May 10, 2008

I wouldve been ni e to see blood and wine playing as ciri. With her own skill tree costumes and stuff too. Geralt is fine and all but how many more swords must i scrounge up before i get bored? Anyway i can see that it wouldve been a ton more work but wouldve been nice for a change of pace. Now is blood and wine concurrent with wild hunt or is it a post-hunt adventure? Also the videos showed changes to the gui, any more info on whats changed??

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Trololo is the best character, sorry.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
A witcher origin story of sorts could be explored alright. CDPR is working on Cyberpunk that isn't quite as rigid in storyline as the witcher books and if they can manage to get good characters written for that I think they could go back to the witcher series and write what happened after the Conjunction of Spheres and how the first generations of witchers were created. There's enough creative liberties possible there, absolutely. I can only imagine the utter chaos and desperate measures taken back then when there were so many more monsters than in the Witcher series timeline. There's not a lot of lore established then.

It's super duper hard to get people into a story driven game where the main character can be dynamically generated (not a Fable fan).

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

necrobobsledder posted:

I can only imagine the utter chaos and desperate measures taken back then when there were so many more monsters than in the Witcher series timeline. There's not a lot of lore established then.

I mean, in gameplay terms, there couldn't possibly be any more monsters in the game world than there already are in Witcher 3, because if there were, there couldn't be any human settlements to offer contracts. I already marvel at the bravery of villagers who choose to live five hundred yards from a nest of drowners capable of tearing seasoned witchers apart.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
The book world had a lot less monsters than there are in this world. Witchers are in decline and demand for a reason (the growth of the State has a lot to do with it). It wouldn't be exactly a fun game if you had just the boss fights and like 4 contracts, after all.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

necrobobsledder posted:

The book world had a lot less monsters than there are in this world. Witchers are in decline and demand for a reason (the growth of the State has a lot to do with it). It wouldn't be exactly a fun game if you had just the boss fights and like 4 contracts, after all.

I agree that CDPR did the right thing in favoring gameplay over strictly adhering to the setting as laid out in the books. I just mean that if we extrapolate backward from Witcher 3 to a time period when it was supposedly much worse, what we've seen of the game world would either be comically overstuffed with monsters, or totally bereft of humans, or both.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
i just had sex

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
in the video game lol..

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
You should romance both Yen and Triss.

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

You should romance both Yen and Triss.

Yen seems p chill, I'm sure she'll be cool w/it

Turds in magma
Sep 17, 2007
can i get a transform out of here?

Love MST3K, and love this quote
"Do you know the TV show Mystery Science Theatre 2000? They said a very smart thing about comedy – they said “Don’t ever not tell a joke because it’s too obscure.” The more obscure it is, the fewer people that can get the joke the funnier it is to those people."

Really looking forward to this!

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
lmao what, I froze Mourntart the Grave Hag with one of those freeze-bombs, inside my Yrden, and one-shotted her. She's like 3 levels above me too. ftw

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I got my gwent card code but now I don't think I want to spend $27 on four gwent decks.

At least it got me to preorder Blood and Wine because fuuuck I'm about ready to go in on Witcher 3 again.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
We need a Lambert game.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Roach Racing: A Bridge Too Far

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

JaucheCharly posted:

We need a Lambert Keira game.

e: If I'm going to die today then I'm going to make sure I look smashing

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Keira is also a fine character in the books. I won't impale anybody for having different preferences.

Power Khan fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 12, 2016

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Ordered the other two Gwent decks, because I am a sucker for all things Witcher now apparently.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvQYNZmWHqY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
We don't need another Witcher game there is nothing else we can do as another Witcher that we haven't already done as Geralt. Totally new IPs would be way better.