Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

FreudianSlippers posted:

Saw a clip where someone blended in by laying on a morgue slab. I need to buy the new one now.

You can go full-on horror movie because its set up so that the target comes into the morgue and faces the body opposite you, so as soon as she turns her back you rise up like a zombie or something.. Pretty awesome, plus you can unlock it as a starting point too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Basebf555 posted:

You can go full-on horror movie because its set up so that the target comes into the morgue and faces the body opposite you, so as soon as she turns her back you rise up like a zombie or something.. Pretty awesome, plus you can unlock it as a starting point too.
It's even funnier if you wear the Requiem suit doing it.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
I tried to go full murder-spree in Sapienza, but I guess people just periodically spawn or something, there'd always be a few more civilians and guards poppping up. I ended up finishing the mission with like 120ish kills. Actually felt bad doing it, but kicking guys off the wharf never gets old.

I really like how the guards will come and check out the bodies, then bag them up and drag them off to the guard rooms. If only there was a way to feign death and get dragged in there as well :black101:

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I tried to go full murder-spree in Sapienza, but I guess people just periodically spawn or something, there'd always be a few more civilians and guards poppping up. I ended up finishing the mission with like 120ish kills. Actually felt bad doing it, but kicking guys off the wharf never gets old.

I really like how the guards will come and check out the bodies, then bag them up and drag them off to the guard rooms. If only there was a way to feign death and get dragged in there as well :black101:

You can't fake death, but you CAN toss a remote bomb somewhere and they'll take that in to the nearest security room.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Saw a clip where someone blended in by laying on a morgue slab. I need to buy the new one now.

Plague doctors are actually early modern not medieval. :spergin:

Nope!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor

'The city of Orvieto hired Matteo fu Angelo in 1348 for 4 times the normal rate of a doctor of 50-florin per year.' I mean this isn't surprising, the plague goes back a long way and so does the concept of a medical professional.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

The first two training missions were weird as heck. The newcomer hitman is supposed to prove himself in two scenarios, so his employers have kindly reconstructed a yacht and a Russian army base using plywood? All weapons are supposedly simulated, but are the cracked necks simulated too? Same with the smalltalk you can overhear even when people don't know you're there? Every emotion is an act? I thought this was bizarre for a video game where you are not restricted to "simulating" anything. It could have just been a flashback tutorial. Weird!

The nearby guards do break character when you send the target off in the catapult seat :v:

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
I accidentally killed a civilian by escaping Sapienza in the car, and running him over in the escape cinematic. Can't decide if it was good stupid or bad stupid.

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.

Chexoid posted:

I accidentally killed a civilian by escaping Sapienza in the car, and running him over in the escape cinematic. Can't decide if it was good stupid or bad stupid.

Definitely good stupid.

Just wanna throw in my two cents that the explosive golf ball is just so much fun. I can't get enough of just whipping it at my targets from off the roof or other silly places.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Chexoid posted:

Amazing, and it'd be hilarious if you actually got counted as killing a non-target and leaving a body in the open afterwards :cheeky: although that could also be frustrating.

I love escaping Paris by sneaking out using the helicopter right under the guards' noses. Right as you're taking off they're all like "wait, what?!" and they start firing all their guns as you fly off into the sunset.

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Lima posted:

The nearby guards do break character when you send the target off in the catapult seat :v:

I loved the way the tutorial missions were set up because it's so stupid but also really funny. That's where the series excels imo.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

feedmegin posted:

Nope!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plague_doctor

'The city of Orvieto hired Matteo fu Angelo in 1348 for 4 times the normal rate of a doctor of 50-florin per year.' I mean this isn't surprising, the plague goes back a long way and so does the concept of a medical professional.

I should have specified that I was referring to the beaked mask and general costume which was invented in the 17th century.

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

Chexoid posted:

I ended up doing that 3 times on an escalation - failing each time - until I realised what was happening :downsgun:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

UrbicaMortis posted:

I loved the way the tutorial missions were set up because it's so stupid but also really funny. That's where the series excels imo.

I'm real glad that this hitman really embraced the goofy. They've got challenges for silent assassin and sniper and this and that if you just wanna be a perfect assassin with no trace (And I enjoy the hell out of that sometimes) but every level is jam-packed with at least a dozen if not two or three dozen ridiculously goofy ways to off the target. Its so satisfying.

I mean seriously, a vampire-count with a moustache sneaking around murdering everybody with a sabre? Sign me up.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
sneaking? nuh uh, go back and do it loud bub.

With enough gadgets you can deal with a group of guards like you're playing arkham city and still make sure they all die by the saber

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
Actually I think that's really my one major complaint about the game - you get so few slots to take gadgets into missions with you (two on you + a drop, assuming you don't use the drop for a weapon). I wish you could pick multiple drops when you unlock them, at the very least.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I miss weapon mods so much 😭😭 tricking out your silverballer was so much fun in BM

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Actually I think that's really my one major complaint about the game - you get so few slots to take gadgets into missions with you (two on you + a drop, assuming you don't use the drop for a weapon). I wish you could pick multiple drops when you unlock them, at the very least.

I agree completely, Blood Money let you have tons of poo poo. I guess you can still pick things up if you know where you can find something, but its just a huge pain to be halfway through a run pulling off the perfect assassination when you realize you should have taken the lockpick instead of the coin or something, and you have to start all over or at least come up with an entirely alternative route or something.

You already have to get frisked in some situations and so having a drop for guns makes sense. Not being able to smuggle a lockpick is kinda silly.

Although for that matter once you unlock the undercover mission starts the frisking may as well not exist.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

You already have to get frisked in some situations and so having a drop for guns makes sense. Not being able to smuggle a lockpick is kinda silly.

I've definitely gotten lockpicks through frisking before, but I forget if it was in Sapienza or Paris.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Frisking only picks up guns.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Slanderer posted:

I've definitely gotten lockpicks through frisking before, but I forget if it was in Sapienza or Paris.

You can, I kinda misworded that, I just mean its silly he doesn't have room to sneak a lockpick as well as some coins. Its either-or.

But I guess its really less a frisking issue than just being silly that you can only carry 2 things at spawn but once the game starts you can carry as much as you want.

What I meant was that if you can't carry all the guns around all the time that makes sense, but not being able to carry all the tools all the time doesn't.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

BBJoey posted:

Frisking only picks up guns.
They also pick up knives if your costume doesn't match. (Like the mansion staff in Sapienza)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Leave it to goons to take a fun suggestion and find a depressing complaint in it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I mean in that gif I must have had a dozen or more items in my inventory. Who gives a poo poo about your inventory go fukken do a loud saber run right now you nerds

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
My long-term goal is to post perfect stealth suit-only videos where I completely depopulate the level exclusively by pushing people into the ocean.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Accordion Man posted:

They also pick up knives if your costume doesn't match. (Like the mansion staff in Sapienza)

Also things like the remote explosive will get picked up on. I imagine you could probably get the explosive ducks through security, though. They might just look at you weird.

Nicaden
Feb 17, 2012
Apparently the next level has been leaked and it looks like it's legit. I can't say for sure if it's actually legit so take it with a grain of salt but drat does Morocco look great.

Here's a link to the video.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=PaDykd1Ubis

Ignore the gameplay sections since most of it is from Sapienza, although the parts with Morocco look like they're part of a briefing video and the screenshots look pretty convincing.

Nicaden fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 11, 2016

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Here's a direct link to the image album

http://imgur.com/a/7ndbK

Looks pretty legit to me. I was asking for like an Embassy and that kinda seems like what we're getting, some kind of government building and then some cafes and stuff surrounding it.

Looking like its going to be as big or bigger than Sapienza, Italy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Those armored guards are interesting- the design and shoulder patch are reminiscent of the elite ICA soldiers that popped up in a couple missions in Absolution.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I miss weapon mods so much 😭😭 tricking out your silverballer was so much fun in BM

The one thing I miss the most from Blood Money is the ability to air juggle enemies with the fully upgraded shotgun.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So completely in love with this game. Especially depopulating the Sapienza mansion dressed as a Plague Doctor using only a circumcision knife. :get in:

Not much else to add.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Two questions:

Have they announced the release date for Morroco yet?

What's the difference between the chrome handgun and the extended clip gun? They're both silenced, but there's a feather or something on the silver gun and I don't know what the icon is supposed to mean.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

nickmeister posted:

What's the difference between the chrome handgun and the extended clip gun? They're both silenced, but there's a feather or something on the silver gun and I don't know what the icon is supposed to mean.

The feather icon means the weapon can be aimed quickly and has an increased rate of fire.

Edit: Holy poo poo, you can kill Francesca with a prototype of the virus. :stare:

Castor Poe fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 12, 2016

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Castor Poe posted:

The one thing I miss the most from Blood Money is the ability to air juggle enemies with the fully upgraded shotgun.

This was always a hilarious aspect of the very first Hitman game - it had a slow motion toggle but the physics system didn't account for the slow motion, so even a dinky little pistol shot would send ragdolls flying across the level.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
Is there anywhere in Sapienza to get more Jaeger 7 ammo?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Castor Poe posted:

Edit: Holy poo poo, you can kill Francesca with a prototype of the virus. :stare:

How? I got her DNA from the safe but no idea how to use it.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

ThomasPaine posted:

How? I got her DNA from the safe but no idea how to use it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/4iwqkf/what_are_we_supposed_to_do_with_the_virus/

Also ELUSIVE TARGETS incoming tomorrow. Only 48 hours!

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Thank goodness for the Elusive Targets finally kicking in. Those sweet new unlockable suits are taunting me until I can get them.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

This is cool. Surprised it's not an achievement or something. Rare to see hidden poo poo that might not be discovered.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://hitman.com/en-us/news/this-week-in-hitman-11-5-16

quote:

An Elusive Target is the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we've ever created. Each one is a custom-created character with their own backstory and their own unique reason for being in that location. We call them Elusive Targets because they are added to an existing location for a limited time in real-time and you'll only have one chance to take them down. If you kill them, that's the way that you killed them. There are no do-overs and no second chances. When an Elusive Target leaves the game world, they never return.

As always, Diana will brief you with critical intel that will help you track down and kill the target. That intel is more important than ever because Elusive Targets do not appear as targets on the mini map or instinct. You'll need to explore, find your target, study their movements and come up with a plan to eliminate them - all whilst playing. The pressure will be on when you've got the target in your sights. If you miss the shot and chaos breaks loose, you will need to have a plan B, because the save-game is disabled during an Elusive Target contract.

We know that Elusive Targets are not going to be easy, they were designed that way. If you can prove yourself, you’ll earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts. You will receive the first reward for successfully completing 5 Elusive Target contracts and the reward will be the signature suit from Hitman: Absolution. The reward for completing 10 Elusive Target contracts is the signature suit from Blood Money. Future rewards will include versions of those suits with gloves. Check out the signature HMA suit below.

- Elusive Targets are added to the game for a limited time in real-time. They won’t return.
- You only get one chance to take them down. If you die, you fail the contract and cannot retry it.
- Elusive Targets do not show up on the in-game map or Instinct. You need to locate and identify them with limited intel.
- Earn in-game rewards for completing multiple Elusive Target contracts throughout the season.

That's super hard-core, I love it.

You get 48 hours and only ONE attempt. No saves, no do-overs. No map, no instinct. Its on for real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How often are they doing those targets? I mean if you need to successfully complete 10 of them just to unlock a suit, I would expect they would be running quite a lot?