Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That's the most elaborate "rest of set pls" ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

:wtf:

Where is this from?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I saw that image retweeted but tracked down the original article by a guy called Rod Dreher for The American Conservative

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/america-at-the-movies-2016-transgender/

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's pretty disgusting

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

if there's one thing that describes trans people, it's that we love talking loudly about things involving our genitals in public!! what is this "diss-for-ee-ah" thing?

also lol at the token ftm, the outrage at the supposedly expanding mob of trannies CUTTING IN LINE!, and that they were some how both chatting in a positive way about sex and giving off "a sense of rage" at the same time

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Somebody masturbated furiously while writing this out.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Stroop There It Is posted:

if there's one thing that describes trans people, it's that we love talking loudly about things involving our genitals in public!! what is this "diss-for-ee-ah" thing?

also lol at the token ftm, the outrage at the supposedly expanding mob of trannies CUTTING IN LINE!, and that they were some how both chatting in a positive way about sex and giving off "a sense of rage" at the same time

yeah, i can just picture it now, a loud mob of angry transgendereds in the texas suburbs acting like they own the place. of course she asked her teenage son if he needed to go to the bathroom and he didn't feel comfortable, because of course. also "i've got gay and lesbian friends- and a bi friend!- and they're so much more respectable!" fuuuuuuuuck you

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Stroop There It Is posted:

Even a lot of the comments, some of which were by people who otherwise liked this author, were talking about how obviously fabricated and implausible the story is.

I made some comment saying how the only way this story would be remotely plausible is if instead of Captain America they were going to see a late night showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and instead of transgender people there were just a bunch of cross-dressers. I mean, it would still obviously be fake, but at least not as dramatically so as the story in its present state. This other article making of this apparently thought the same thing I did: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2016/05/10/the-rod-d-horror-picture-show/ "None of this would be believable even if she’d made this a story about taking her son to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Provincetown."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Even a lot of the comments, some of which were by people who otherwise liked this author, were talking about how obviously fabricated and implausible the story is.

I made some comment saying how the only way this story would be remotely plausible is if instead of Captain America they were going to see a late night showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and instead of transgender people there were just a bunch of cross-dressers. I mean, it would still obviously be fake, but at least not as dramatically so as the story in its present state. This other article making of this apparently thought the same thing I did: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2016/05/10/the-rod-d-horror-picture-show/ "None of this would be believable even if she’d made this a story about taking her son to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Provincetown."

Someone in the comments mentions a lynching in Waco and somehow ties that into people not standing up to trans people. I think they're confused about which side of the lynch mob they would've been on.

MonoAus
Nov 5, 2012

And then the transgenders lit candles and started drawing pentagrams on the floor of the cinema. "ALL HAIL SATAN!" yelled one of them. "N." tried to stop her teenage son, but it was too late. He got down on his knees and knelt before the head-transgender "I pledge my soul to the all mighty she-man, lord of everything". And then the doors to the cinema opened and everyone filed in to see Captain America.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

I was talking to my roommate about this and we concluded that this might have happened (a group of people intentionally being as raunchy as possible in public is not really rare), but most likely it was a varied group of people joking around, which the author interpreted as a bunch of trans people seriously suggesting an orgy or whatever.

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

Mods, please change my name to "an older transgender" tia

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Intellect

Applebee's

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I got the second one.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/730460788071239681

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/730465077980233730

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

GokuVegetaFistbump.gif

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

I'm so impressively, jaw-droppingly smart yet I can't pluralize the word "woman"

Also I love the 9 hour gap between the thing posted and the green guy responding. And then the next gap where no one else even touches the thing. It tells you exactly what kind of person the OP is, one of those people you have on your friends list and want to delete but you used to all hang out together in high school so there's some straw of social netiquette that makes you hesitate every time you hover over the "unfriend" button.

sweeperbravo has a new favorite as of 12:37 on May 12, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sweeperbravo posted:

I'm so impressively, jaw-droppingly smart yet I can't pluralize the word "woman"

Also I love the 9 hour gap between the thing posted and the green guy responding. And then the next gap where no one else even touches the thing. It tells you exactly what kind of person the OP is, one of those people you have on your friends list and want to delete but you used to all hang out together in high school so there's some straw of social netiquette that makes you hesitate every time you hover over the "unfriend" button.

Mine is a guy who keeps liking Trump posts and Breitbart articles about how Trump zinged those idiot Democrats.

He's Canadian. Trump wants to keep him out of the country.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Mine is a guy who keeps liking Trump posts and Breitbart articles about how Trump zinged those idiot Democrats.

He's Canadian. Trump wants to keep him out of the country.

Simple ambition. Canada wants to be the new power in North America.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The teen didn't want to go to the men's room because he was afraid of the trans dude? Rod Dreher's friend was in opposites world.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

quote:

I am a software developer, I write software for small financial services companies.

I sold a subscription based software package to them. Basically a server database with front end on the workstations. It's not expensive $25 per user, per month. They have 27 users registered. So pay me $675 per month.

In March, the payment date arrived and nothing. I emailed them asking for payment and reminding them of there contract terms, and stating if they did not pay the software would be removed. I had a reply saying there would be a slight delay, and they will be in contact shortly.

A couple of weeks later another email saying I'll be paid soon but they're having cashflow issues. I replied saying this wasn't acceptable, and I needed full payment of both March and April on 04/30/2016 at the latest.

THEY DIDN'T PAY!!! I called them on 05/02/2016 to say that I was coming to remove the software. When I arrived they wouldn't let me in, but I was given cash of the money due. I told them that I was still going to remove the software as I had no intention of working with them anymore. They wouldn't let me in.

At the weekend I went back to their office, a shared building. I did not have to break anything to enter the property, I simply walked in, and then got into their office through a fire escape door that lead into another hallway.

Once in I nuked their server, removing my software completely, and to a state that would be very very difficult to recover the data.

The server is theirs, and as far as I know they only had it to use my software. So I haven't deleted anything else. The data on my database was all of their client records etc, if they haven't backed that up that's their own problem. It shouldn't have been in my software if they are no longer contracted to me.

I was careful to not break anything or "force entry" into their property. And I don't believe I was seen by any cameras. I also didn't steal anything.

I have had constant calls (unanswered), and emails demanding I return stolen client data (WHICH I DON'T HAVE).

So far all I have replied to them is with

quote:

You are no longer clients of mine. Any further emails will be considered harassment.
I got a letter late last night saying they were going to take me to court. I'm pretty sure they've got nothing on me. All I did was take back what the stole. They were no longer clients, so didn't have a license for my software.

Should I say that I deleted the data remotely? (Which I can't actually do). What other proof do I need that I was in the right?

EDIT: A lot of you seem to be tech illiterate! I deleted MY OWN SOFTWARE, that they stole! I didn't steal anything, or delete anything not on the server. I didn't illegally access a computer, I removed stolen property from it!

quote:

I am 100% in the right! I haven't deleted their property, I have deleted my property that they stole! If they were storing their precious data there then tough poo poo!

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

ibntumart posted:

I got a letter late last night saying they were going to take me to court. I'm pretty sure they've got nothing on me. All I did was take back what the stole. They were no longer clients, so didn't have a license for my software.

Should I say that I deleted the data remotely? (Which I can't actually do). What other proof do I need that I was in the right?

EDIT: A lot of you seem to be tech illiterate! I deleted MY OWN SOFTWARE, that they stole! I didn't steal anything, or delete anything not on the server. I didn't illegally access a computer, I removed stolen property from it!
[/quote]

I really really want this to be real and to see the fallout thereof :allears:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Weatherman posted:

I really really want this to be real and to see the fallout thereof :allears:

me too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is there a heartwarming stories thread anywhere?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

EmmyOk posted:

I saw that image retweeted but tracked down the original article by a guy called Rod Dreher for The American Conservative

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/dreher/america-at-the-movies-2016-transgender/

What a load of hateful garbage, it even goes into the whole "there's going to be a new civil war soooooon!"

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a heartwarming stories thread anywhere?
Not by name, but traditionally: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769444

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

True love: Being called a mass murderer.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Nice

Birthday

http://imgur.com/a/1f5ZW

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol, watch dogs? :sever:

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...a-a7026811.html

Describing the incident as like a “Tarantino movie”, the film studies student says he was forced to lie on the ground as a man waved a knife in his face.

Instead, he leapt to his feet, snapped the cable ties binding his hands and attacked him with the first thing the could find - the umbrella.
“I’ve no idea how I broke the cables but it definitely scared him. I shouted at him ‘You have no idea who you’re messing with’ and the dynamic completely changed.”

This whole thing reads like stdh. A teenage film student is bound by cable ties with his hands behind his back by a burglar, yet manages to leap to his feet, snap the ties with his strength and deliver the cliché stdh quip as the burglar runs off in terror.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

The STDH is that the guy regained composure.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Marenghi posted:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...a-a7026811.html

Describing the incident as like a “Tarantino movie”, the film studies student says he was forced to lie on the ground as a man waved a knife in his face.

Instead, he leapt to his feet, snapped the cable ties binding his hands and attacked him with the first thing the could find - the umbrella.
“I’ve no idea how I broke the cables but it definitely scared him. I shouted at him ‘You have no idea who you’re messing with’ and the dynamic completely changed.”

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Allegedly there's CCTV footage, but it hasn't surfaced.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

What the gently caress is that light fixture thing?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

13Pandora13 posted:

What the gently caress is that light fixture thing?

That's one of the things you get issued when you become a Kingsmen.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

kimbo305 posted:

So, it's not a Detachable Penis tree, where you pick the one that suits your mood and attire for the day?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Novel

quote:

This troper has been working on a fantasy novel for a few years. Two of those years were spent being hounded by a sadistic jerkass who enjoyed following me around and claiming to believe things that I consider disgusting, or attributing them to me, in an attemt to anger me into attacking him and getting in trouble, or shouting and yelling, and destroying my reputation. All those who had once been my friends found him hilariously funny, and all the grownups claimed that I should turn the other cheek, and let him he would come to a sticky end. I am convinced that he and his laughing torture represent the next great evil, and he will become a tyrant on the scale of Augustus, Hitler, and Mao. I also believe that he was an aggressive drug dealer, but could not prove it as his admissions were buried between claims that he or I was a Nazi or a slaver, among many others. During that time, the main villain of my book gained a new Dragon, based on this demon, who singlehandedly breaks the PG-13 I usually hold myself to, and dies 2 humiliating deaths. Ironically, I think this may greatly improve my book. and if he does take over, I will lead La Resistance

Child

quote:

u
This troper apparently was one of these— she had quite the vocabulary as a little child, along with an anxiety disorder and what seemed to be an adult's intellect. Cue a seven year old schoolgirl acting like a borderline sociopathic adult. Looking back, I never did anything particularly violent (except for a deeply disturbing fascination with war) but I could not have been fun to be around. (I do however remember writing stories, frequently in the style of creepy Edwardian children's books, that involved much murder, creepy quintuplets, vengeful little girls and people getting killed and left in swamps. These books were illustrated. And yet, my mother's only response was "very nice, dear...") Also, I disturbingly resembled an Anne Frank clone with a monobrow, as I refused to smile for photographs. (And, um, had a monobrow. There's also a baby photo of me out there where I look like a ravening zombie, covered with red... something, that creeps out even me.)
This same troper also had a close friend who was sallow-skinned and skinny, with curly dark hair and jet-black eyes. Who rarely spoke, lived in a big Victorian house almost entirely alone with a rarely-seen 'father' and drew incredibly creepy pictures— and then wrote all over them "in tongues". In blood. His own blood. It's a pity that once I got to know him better, he turned out to be a garden variety Ralph Wiggum— drat! It would have been awesome to be best friends with a kid Antichrist...

Bully

quote:

This troper was a very creepy, messed up little kid, now that he looks back. He remembers a particularly ghastly incident when a bully was harassing a friend of his. He went up to the bully one day at recess, snuck up right behind him and yelled, "I WANNA RIP YOUR ARMS OFF!!!!" The bully screamed and peed his pants. Then there was the time with the fake blood...shudder...

Bat

quote:

A kid in my neighborhood is slowly starting to become one of these he used to be a rather innocent hyperactive kid who was always running away from his parents, later on he became like a stray cat because whenever someone shows the slightest bit of kindness to him he won't leave them alone this shouldn't be a surprise because he comes from a BigScrewedUpFamily who barely pays attention to him, he's always running away from home and following people around on his bike, recently he has shown some rather disturbing behavior on day he went to one family and shouted "your mom's a loving slut and your all a bunch of queers" we can only imagine his dad told him to say that because his dad's been quite hosed up in the head lately, girls have recently been pulled from his mom's daycare because he harasses them and tells them to take off their clothes (we wonder why his mom has a daycare when she barely looks after her own kids), another time he went into a neighbor's house and smashed their antique vases and he picked up their pug dog and threw it into the street they said it came very close to dying because it was bleeding from the ears and the vets were just barely able to save it, and another time he hit a baby girl with a baseball bat and grabbed a little boy by the balls and when asked why he did those things he said "because I felt like it" and after letting go of the boy's crotch says to him "how does that feel?", another time at the fair he was poking a rabbit in the eyes and I told him to stop but he wouldn't, the most disturbing part of this he's only six years old.

Nipples

quote:

There was this very messed up kid who went to my school for a brief time, he was very short and kind of ugly, he had no friends basically because he was mean to everyone, he was very disruptive in class often shouting curse words for no reason, in art class he drew violent pictures of people killing each other, he cut out his own nipples with a knife because he thought they were too girly and also cut off his eyelashes for the same reason, he openly told the class he would come out with a gun and kill everyone right in the middle of a lesson (this was before Columbine), he brought a knife to school and terrorized the students at the playground he even stabbed one of them in the leg, he was very aggressive in gym he once beat someone up because they served him a bad pitch during a kickball game, during a water party he was sprayed and he went crazy, he ripped off his shirt and attacked the person who sprayed him, he was eventually expelled and taken away for treatment for his behavior problems, he later came back a few years later to see if his behavior had improved needless to say he blew it and was once again expelled, recently I heard that he had spent quite some time in a halfway house and his behavior improved greatly.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

kimbo305 posted:

How unexpectedly great was that film though?

A lot of these troper tales just sound mental or dumb rather than stdh imho :shobon:

EmmyOk has a new favorite as of 23:28 on May 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

quote:

A red flag in the case of Leroy was that he signed all his emails, "The Smoothenator." When we met in person, he had two pairs of sunglasses on. And it was nighttime.

He told me, "I might need you to help me walk."

I suggested, "Maybe you should take your sunglasses off."

He replied, "The Smoothenator leaves his sunglasses on. Even in the shower."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because the Smoothenator paid for waterproof glasses."

He wore his glasses at dinner. The waitress asked if he wanted a braille menu. When he told her he could see she gave him a funny look but said nothing more. When he ordered his dinner, he told her, "The Smoothenator will have the chicken parm." He also ordered for me, saying, "The Smoothenator's girlfriend will have the Caesar salad."

When the waitress left, I corrected him: "I'm not your girlfriend."

He pointed at me and said, "You are the Smoothenator's girlfriend."

I asked, "What if I don't want to be your girlfriend?"

He said, "Then why is the Smoothenator wasting time with you?"

"For a nice time and conversation?"

Leroy laughed and said, "The Smoothenator cares not for such things."

We split dinner and went our separate ways. I planned to ask him if he was going to drive home at night with his sunglasses on, but decided that I didn't care.