Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VigilantePrime
Sep 18, 2008
Just give me Dante vs Capcom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

Controversial.

SFV isn't TRASH, it's just...bland, and incomplete. Other than the usual suspects, people were kinda hopeful about it during Beta 1. I don't think Capcom is incapable of making a fun game, they just seem too obsessed about balance and accessibility nowadays and it hurts them.

MvC3 is a way better game than SF5.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Curious what the Evo numbers will be like for everything this year. Xrd might be gaining some ground. It'll probably still have less entrants than Smash, but it could end up being the pretty clear second option (depending on if people are still showing up for MKX).

Also, for all the complaining about SF4 and SF5's art style, I hate MvC3's art even more. They took something bright and colourful and made all the black lines too thick and toned the colours down till I feel like I'm reading a comic wearing sunglasses.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

attackmole posted:

Curious what the Evo numbers will be like for everything this year. Xrd might be gaining some ground. It'll probably still have less entrants than Smash, but it could end up being the pretty clear second option (depending on if people are still showing up for MKX).

Also, for all the complaining about SF4 and SF5's art style, I hate MvC3's art even more. They took something bright and colourful and made all the black lines too thick and toned the colours down till I feel like I'm reading a comic wearing sunglasses.

MvC3 is the best looking Capcom game since CvS2

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i watched some random kof14 footage and hey this game looks fun and like an actual fg cool maybe ill play it hahaha just kidding i dont play fgs anymore

seriously tho it feels like everything was outsourced to china

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it has the tone of a f2p mmo

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

In Training posted:

Is Castlevania Judgement actually cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYTPWAavALg

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

anime was right posted:

i watched some random kof14 footage and hey this game looks fun and like an actual fg cool maybe ill play it hahaha just kidding i dont play fgs anymore

seriously tho it feels like everything was outsourced to china

People who have played it have said that it plays more like an old KoF than XIII does, so who knows maybe after being burned by a lovely game with prettier graphics people will give the good game with lovely graphics a pfffthahaha sorry I can't finish

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

AnonSpore posted:

People who have played it have said that it plays more like an old KoF than XIII does, so who knows maybe after being burned by a lovely game with prettier graphics people will give the good game with lovely graphics a pfffthahaha sorry I can't finish

That ain't even the question, the question is: does it have good netcode? Because if it does, this might suplant SFV as the most poppffffffffffffffffffffft naaaaaaaaaaah

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

if the poo poo don't have capcom on the tin i ain't swallowing it

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I keep going back and forth on KOF. Sometimes I'm like "this actually looks fine now", sometimes the jankiness just hits me in the face. Like Sand Dude's animations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't care gimme Geese

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Baal posted:

I don't care gimme Sakura

fixed

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i wanna shove sf4's potato man models and mvc3s unreadable horseshit into the face of every capcom player who says 14 looks bad

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
SF4 and MVC3 look better than KOFXIV... But all of them look better than SFV.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Baal posted:

SF4 and MVC3 look better than KOFXIV... But all of them look better than SFV.

SF4 is a washed out fuzzy pastel hell compared to SFV.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And it still manages to look better

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Nah.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Baal posted:

And it still manages to look better

XIV Kyo > Prince Adam Ken > Short hair Ken

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
snk committed the most unforgivable sin in games, putting function before fashion. yes they deserve to die, and i hope they burn in hell

Arzachel
May 12, 2012
XIV would be fine if the animations were less janky.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Commissar Ken posted:

XIV Kyo > Prince Adam Ken > Short hair Ken

The only time Ken with a hairstyle other than than his original SF2 hair has worked is the Alpha ponytail and his alpha costume looks like trash in SFV.

Ah well, I'm done.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arzachel posted:

XIV would be fine if the animations were less janky.

I think they look fine and readable?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They're ugly and readable.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

I guess they look choppy compared to sfv but who cares if the game plays solid?

Also in graphics every trailer they put out looks better than the ones before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kvG7vjH_8

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're ugly and readable.

Yeah, it's a shame they'll probably never do sprites again because HD sprites are a nightmare to make or whatever, but I'm glad the game exists at all and looks like fast fun. And shockingly it's going to come out feature complete, imagine tht

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
KoF still looks bad, sorry.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Okay

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

It still looks fun, though.

Edit:

bhsman fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 12, 2016

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SFV looks just fine except for Ken's face, whoever modeled that must have been a blind chimp who hated people.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Dracula Factory posted:

SFV looks just fine except for Ken's face, whoever modeled that must have been a blind chimp who hated people.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
SF5 does look a lot better than 4, for whatever that's worth.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I think KOFXIV looks great. It seems to play solid. But that's what everyone says about the latest KOFs game. I'll try it out for myself before judging.

My favorite part is the "animation" of the owl landing on Maria's hand.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
I think XIV actually looks decent in motion, some jittery animations aside, but woof those models. :gonk:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
KOF XIV has mediocre animation because the models they used are from the ones they traced the sprites over from KOF XIII (which also had mediocre animation).

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
I don't really give 3/16 of a poo poo if the models look janky, if a game plays nice and is mechanically solid I'll play it. Especially after putting faith in SFV and getting burned as bad as I did.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

KOFXIV certainly has a range. Andy's model is probably the worst whereas King of Dinosaurs and Benimaru's turned out pretty well.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Tbf Andy has always looked bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Baal posted:

Tbf Andy has always looked bad

mai disagrees