Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

In a contest between cute vampires, who wins -- Youko from "Actually, I'm a..." or Hikari from "Demi-chan"?

I think the real MVP of this episode is the teacher, who's again so very :science: that he's utterly unflappable and never misses a beat, even when talking about difficult subjects. It's all science to him, so he doesn't even give it a second thought.

I think Hikari gives Youko a run for her money for the title of "Bestpire".

As for a final verdict, I'll leave that up to each person individually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi
Shuukan Shounen Girl just updated after a year or so.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Kobayashi's Maid Dragon finally got a new chapter.

I hadn't been following for a while -- w-wait, when did this become a battle manga??? :confused:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

DrSunshine posted:

Kobayashi's Maid Dragon finally got a new chapter.

I hadn't been following for a while -- w-wait, when did this become a battle manga??? :confused:

:confuoot:

Tooru's such a good dragon :3:
On a related note: I'd totally read a maid dragon battle manga.
Dial D For Dwagon!

Edit: so THAT'S where the underline block went. Man, phoneposting can get weird.

Rodenthar Drothman fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 13, 2016

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

PSI Saiki Kusuo - Whew, he sure avoided that one!! I love that his memory removal trick is so similar to the class rep in Actually I'm a...

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Also new Furumapura!

In which cute things happen, as always.

E: I'm still not sure if it belongs in this thread, it's leaning heavily on the 'cute girls doing cute things' even though one of the girls is pretty :wtc:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Also new Furumapura!

In which cute things happen, as always.

E: I'm still not sure if it belongs in this thread, it's leaning heavily on the 'cute girls doing cute things' even though one of the girls is pretty :wtc:

Yeah, I'm thinking maybe we should just a have a general SoL manga thread for things like this and other pretty-decent slice of life stuff like Today's Yuiko-San. Anyone who wants to make an OP?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
If no one else does in the next two weeks, I may have time to.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

If no one else does in the next two weeks, I may have time to.

I think you'd need to make some pretty judicious selections for the OP, because there is. A. poo poo-ton. Of reaaaaaaaaaallly bad / creepy SoL out there.

.... buuut then again there's friggin' awesome SoL like And Yet The Town Turns, so go nuts! :keke:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
And it's another chance to plug YKK, aka the best SoL ever, so it might be worth it. I'll probably plug half a dozen or so initially, and edit suggestions in. Only caveat is I'm gonna have spotty Internet for like a month and a half starting in june, which could make managing it difficult.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Finally a new one-shot by Douman Seiman, and one that fits this thread perfectly!

Worth mentioning that Oddman 11 is still running as well, and the recent chapter was simply wonderful. Unfortunately, it's not featured on any sites I'd feel comfortable linking here.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

Finally a new one-shot by Douman Seiman, and one that fits this thread perfectly!

Worth mentioning that Oddman 11 is still running as well, and the recent chapter was simply wonderful. Unfortunately, it's not featured on any sites I'd feel comfortable linking here.

Oh, wow, this looks great!!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
The day Dowman stops drawing will be a sad day indeed.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

HenryEx posted:

The day Dowman stops drawing will be a sad day indeed.

According to the translator's note at the end of the one-shot there's still a heap of untranslated Douman doujins, and some people are finally doing something about that. The really sad thing is that we get immediate translations of 700 increasingly pointless Naruto chapters, but works with some potentially lasting appeal like Douman's are left untranslated for years.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Carpator Diei posted:

Okay, I read it, and, uhm, something really rilly weird happens in the last couple of pages. "To protect what is being born between us and the Master..." on that page, she wakes up for some reason all sweaty. And the last one, she's holding her stomach. Is... she pregnant??! Taking the idea of the creative process as a kind of birth a bit literally? :wtc: :confused:

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

DrSunshine posted:

Okay, I read it, and, uhm, something really rilly weird happens in the last couple of pages. "To protect what is being born between us and the Master..." on that page, she wakes up for some reason all sweaty. And the last one, she's holding her stomach. Is... she pregnant??! Taking the idea of the creative process as a kind of birth a bit literally? :wtc: :confused:

You're reading too much into that.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Kaja Rainbow posted:

You're reading too much into that.

Um... How do I put this... Considering her following comment about the "deadline" being close at hand, the way the pen and the eraser are placed between her legs at the end of the night scene, and most importantly the fact that this is Douman Seiman we're talking about, I would say DrSunshine read that entirely correctly... If you want to interpret it as an allegory (and I see no other viable method of interpretation), she seems to indeed take up the decision about what is to be written and what to be erased (that is, about what is supposed to end up in the finished manga). Carrying the child of creative invention and discerning choice, so to speak. I'm pretty sure that is very relevant to Douman's writing process, considering how perfectly condensed his stories are (just look at the recent Oddman chapter: The entire scene with Chouko and Kiko, with all it mood swings and heartfelt words, only spans a total of six pages).

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The concept of impregnation via stationary totally sounds like something he would do, but he would be way more blatant about it.

Kaja Rainbow
Oct 17, 2012

~Adorable horror~

Serious Frolicking posted:

The concept of impregnation via stationary totally sounds like something he would do, but he would be way more blatant about it.

Yeah this. That's part of the reasons I was doubtful of this interpretation. It's the sort of thing he would really run with instead of subtly hinting at.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

He was. Where did you think that tablet she's using at the end came from?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I assumed the tablet was just her trying to avoid having another war. The way she holds her stomach at the end tells me that the "pregnancy" hasn't borne out, whatever that would be.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Well, it's blatant enough to be easily noticeable if you pay some attention, and it seems to be the most concise interpretation of what is shown (given Douman's usual economy of page space, he wouldn't devote two panels to that stomach-holding scene if it wasn't something significant). All that's missing is a graphic impregnation scene, and while I would totally not put that past him, he was propably going for another sort of atmosphere with this story. Let's just be thankful for that :v:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Four new chapters of Criminale! With much less fanservice this time, so that's quite frankly a relief.

The "Idol" chapters are great! I was a bit let-down by hacker boy's criminal quirk, I was hoping he'd be a bit more extreme like everyone else. I guess there's not very many ways to make "INTERACT WITH A COMPUTER" very exaggerated.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Well, how cool is this?

https://twitter.com/Vertical_Comics/status/734468220074229760

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
very. Flying Witch is cool, cute, and good.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Another Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon. Kobayashi is a little crazy while she's drunk. :ohdear:

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 26, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Onean posted:

Another Kobayashi-san chi no Maid Dragon. Kobayashi is a little crazy awesome while she's drunk. :cheerdoge:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

here's a surreal one shot
http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/yogen-no-nayuta-r18948/

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

very cute.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Those are some bona fide Kingdom Hearts boots

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Good

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New Ajin-chan wa Kataritai - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Ajin-chan-wa-Kataritai/Vol-003-Ch-017--Succubus-san-is-Confused?id=275455

In which Succubus-sensei is out-seduced.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Succubus-sensei is the best and cutest ajin, in my opinion.

I guess we forgot to post about :

Two new chapters of Saiki Kusuo! I am oddly into the gender-flipped Saiki. Would read a comic about her, if it was exactly the same premise and execution.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

poo poo well I blitzed through this one and now I gotta wait now too.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Two new chapters of Criminale, introducing us to the final two classmates Scary-Face Guy and Pretty-Boy Guy:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-013--Gouda-Torajirou?id=275499

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-014--Kiriya-Reiji?id=275500

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

JosephWongKS posted:

Two new chapters of Criminale, introducing us to the final two classmates Scary-Face Guy and Pretty-Boy Guy:

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-013--Gouda-Torajirou?id=275499

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Criminale/Ch-014--Kiriya-Reiji?id=275500

This release also comes with a bonus .5 chapter for 7, but ... ehm... :stonklol: Momoka's involved, so let's not talk about that one.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Jun 1, 2016

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Hey, uhm, didn't the guy who was doing that die? I recall hearing something about that somewhere. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
He did, but there's a volume 2 out that was never translated. My friend is translating it now.