Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think that RNG should go back to denying champs for Duke and make it a priority to take away Sivir and then make SKT figure out how they're going to engage with a Soraka and a Duke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

2 mejais, that's some disrespect

I actually think they both had Dark Seal.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Getting aced in a 4v5...

RNG has no idea how to play on the back foot and stall out games

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Would be really cool to get a 5th game but it's hard to see RNG being able to recover from that.

This is a questionable pick ban.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 09:54 on May 13, 2016

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
Ouch Maokai taken by SKT. That's easily worth the Azir + Graves, no idea why RNG passed on it.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eeepies posted:

Ouch Maokai taken by SKT. That's easily worth the Azir + Graves, no idea why RNG passed on it.

Faker's Azir absolutely trashed the LeBlanc counterpick earlier. It's a fear pick to keep it away from Faker at that point. Graves is a huge teamfight presence which RNG needed because otherwise they would die the second they got in an even match in the game.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Well, I guess we're back to the usual SKT playoff form. I guess this very likely decides the tourney winner. (Though we might be able to get a CLG surprise finals)

It was a good series before RNG went horizontal at least

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Ah the classic murder your opponents to get around Ryze's weak early game

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah this is the SKT Stranglehold. RIP RNG

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Gonna be plenty of good seats for the next two days lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Who was talking poo poo about SKT not taking Group stages serious again??

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

PAAFECTO

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

At least China is getting better I guess.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

RealFoxy posted:

Who was talking poo poo about SKT not taking Group stages serious again??

It's dumb as gently caress to act like every time SKT lose they're not trying.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
CLG vs Frost Wovles should be close unless ofc CLG just falls apart for seemingly no reason like they do often.

rabidsquid posted:

It's dumb as gently caress to act like every time SKT lose they're not trying.
Either way you look at it Playoffs SKT are a totally different team than regular season SKT. They dropped a lot of games in Spring and still swept the floor with the best teams in Korea.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CLG seem like they absolutely are the least talented of the four finalists but they also seem like a team that always knows what they're trying to do and what their opponents win condition is. It's weird to say this but I think they stand a decent chance at winning any series, but unfortunately they also stand a chance to lose to basically any team.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
Now for the wave of "I knew SKT would win all along' smugness.

CODChimera posted:

At least China is getting better I guess.

They didn't get swept and the first couple of games were close. It would be interesting to see how RNG would do against teams like KT and Rox.

Hopefully RNG can continue to hone their play and improve for worlds assuming random Chinese roster drama doesn't happen

e:SKT doing bad in groups probably denied the RNG a second place finish, since RNG could probably handle CLG or FW in a series had they placed 2nd after the group stage..

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 10:49 on May 13, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/4j5kbt/wolf_on_sjokz/

i love wolf

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
these skt guys are pretty good

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

To be fair...

Sexpansion posted:

Caster MSI predictions: http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/casters-predict-who-will-own-rift-msi-semifinals

I think that SKT will beat RNG 3 - 1 and that Flash Wolves will beat CLG 3 - 2 in a very, very close series. Then SKT will wipe the floor with FW 3 - 0.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I believed SKT would win before the series (and the finals), but obviously I didn't post anything so you just have to believe me :v:

I think CLG will beat flash wolves 3-2, and will lose to SKT 3-1. So there we go.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

bikini girls everywhere......

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Watching the RNG - SKT series, faker is playing out of his mind.

e: Azir should never ever solo kill leblanc in lane.

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 13, 2016

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Sexpansion posted:

Watching the RNG - SKT series, faker is playing out of his mind.

e: Azir should never ever solo kill leblanc in lane.

I can't find them :(

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Safety Scissors posted:

I can't find them :(

https://www.twitch.tv/riotgames/v/66116457

You can just watch the whole thing on the "past broadcasts" section.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

envyus bought renegade's spot for over a million bucks. im expecting to see 2 koreans that already had played in NA + at least one former NA member of dig but maybe they'll surprise me.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
With a week prep time I guess the Koreans found a way to get their scripts working. I can't wait till these cheating, boosting, PED using, match fixing cheaters are thrown out of lol for good.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
https://twitter.com/LGDReira/status/731148468337541120

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

I don't think anyone who posts here is ever :smug: about their picks.

That said...

Libertine posted:

SKT will end up finishing the group stage 3rd or 4th and end up sweeping the Bo playoff rounds. Like I want to believe someone can eliminate them in a major tournament for once but I feel like deep down it's just going to play out that exact same way.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Libertine posted:

That said...

I completely agree with this, btw. Whenever SKT lost it was usually a hard fought game that the enemy team had to multiple top-tier macro and micro moves to get the win. It's really hard to do that in a 5 game set 3 times.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Libertine posted:

That said...

Yeah, I wasn't really referring to the thread so much as other places like twitter/reddit, and certain people like Monte. I should have specified though.

I agree it was the most reasonable prediction though, given SKT's tendency to reach another level in the playoffs and their issues mostly being sloppiness compared to something unfixable.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 13, 2016

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Radical posted:

envyus bought renegade's spot for over a million bucks. im expecting to see 2 koreans that already had played in NA + at least one former NA member of dig but maybe they'll surprise me.

That's probably why Riot's decision included the Forced Sale, they had to know about the deal coming in.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Schnorkles posted:

bikini girls everywhere......

that's the dream, man

Libertine posted:

👌🏻

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

That's probably why Riot's decision included the Forced Sale, they had to know about the deal coming in.

Even if they didn't know the particulars, there has been a lot of talk of greater VC interests, as well as other esports orgs wanting to get in.

Whatever level of justification the ruling had, it allowed Riot to get rid of two problem orgs in the LCS and make space for other groups to get in and possibly add more status or hype to the league by their presence.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 19:35 on May 13, 2016

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

quote:

EnVyUs has grand plans for its new cash. In addition to its proposed League of Legends spot, the company will build a facility centered around sports and entertainment—a complete package with a LAN center, studio, arena, and training facility.

yeah it sounds like the reddit people are pretty positive about this org and their investors are putting a lot of cash in so this seems like a win/win for riot

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
i support anyone and anything w/ envy in its name

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Zoness posted:

i support anyone and anything w/ envy in its name

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGB4VDQI6XM

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Lovechop posted:

that's the dream, man

Wolf is awesome.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/NRGgg/status/731237178873798656

Quas
Santorin
GBM
Ohq
KiWiKiD

It's an interesting roster, a lot hinges on whether Santorin can develop as a player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

making the most of that venture capital huh

• Locked thread