Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
I'll be honest I'm a Drake stan and I do wish he was on some more hungry rap like Summer Sixteen/Back To Back/IRTITL/WATTBA than passive Take Care/NWTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
i hope Chance 3 makes yall go to church this sunday

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Also turned around on Chance 3, when I listened to it this morning somehow like 5 songs got cut out of the playthorugh from Apple, and they are some of the best songs!

but 2 chainz jesus you are terrible

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

No one cares you don't like drake boom reported

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Also TLOP is still amazing and Im sorry if you dont like it but we can still be friends.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Yes they are.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

No one cares you don't like drake boom reported

but i do like drake. don't act like you weren't there for WATTBA live on apple music

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

also what dirt does Wiz Kalifa have on Juicy J that forces them to make tracks together

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

i really like the new chance but the sound quality/mastering/apple exclusive is almost inexcusable. i cant believe a professional listened to this and thought "yep this sounds good and done"

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

but i do like drake. don't act like you weren't there for WATTBA live on apple music

Lol ahhhh #neverforget

Wasn't Wiz pretty instrumental in getting juicy j popular again circa 2010 right before blue dream and lean

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Feel no ways is amazing and a good song also views the album is good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

i really like the new chance but the sound quality/mastering/apple exclusive is almost inexcusable. i cant believe a professional listened to this and thought "yep this sounds good and done"

ahaha i have an ear infection today and i thought it was just me but then i listened to the new post malone tape and that's mastered properly. youre right, the second half of Coloring Book or whatever it's called is all over the place.

i guess it's a free mixtape :shrug: dunno why it's on apple music in that case, it was up on datpiff and a few other places but apparently that was an even worse mix

Dodecalypse
Jun 21, 2012

SKA SUCKS
Kanye's verse on that new Schoolboy Q song is incredible woooooow

also speaking of Views:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jHfPH0-F8

Dodecalypse fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 13, 2016

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dodecalypse posted:

Kanye's verse on that new Schoolboy Q song is incredible woooooow

yeah i love it. had it on repeat for a bit now

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

also what dirt does Wiz Kalifa have on Juicy J that forces them to make tracks together

He signed him to his label and created his solo career

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

40 lbs to freedom posted:

I'm glad you posted this because I thought I was going crazy or something. The mix is so bad and I haven't heard anyone else talk about it

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
lmao how did post end up with the best release yesterday

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Sometimes I am very happy that I'm a simple man who can't tell a good mix from a bad one unless it was aggressively poo poo.

It sounds good in my car through Bluetooth imo

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

tlop and views are both cool and good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

atrus50 posted:

lmao how did post end up with the best release yesterday

Dropping it the same day as chance was a reallllly bad move imo

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
This "TLOP was forgettable" campaign certain posters have started after everyone listened to it for 2 months straight is pretty funny

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
tlop has a weak middle section but individual tracks are so loving strong it is still by far the best album to have come out this year imo.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Sometimes I am very happy that I'm a simple man who can't tell a good mix from a bad one unless it was aggressively poo poo.

same

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
The mixing on track 1 of Coloring Book is aggressively poo poo.

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.

Marching Powder posted:

tlop has a weak middle section but individual tracks are so loving strong

I still think Real Friends is a top 5 song this year.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jmcrofts posted:

The mixing on track 1 of Coloring Book is aggressively poo poo.

Nah not really sorry I'm not an audio nerd just a simple yung boy 😇

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Marching Powder posted:

tlop has a weak middle section but individual tracks are so loving strong it is still by far the best album to have come out this year imo.

Tbh I think a lot of the "weaker" tracks just sound worse in comparison to the best ones. But I agree it's by far the best album this year. I don't think anything's gonna touch it besides maybe Q's album.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

monkeu posted:

This "TLOP was forgettable" campaign certain posters have started after everyone listened to it for 2 months straight is pretty funny

Nobody I know in real life has even spoken about TLOP.

But people I know think Black Youngsta is the hottest poo poo right now soooooo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah TLOP is still in heavy rotation.

ULB
Father Pt1. and 2.
Famous
Feedback
Highlights
Waves
FML
Real Friends
Wolves
30 Hours
No More Parties
Fade

Are all great.

It just doesn't have any pop-singles but still all great songs.

If Saint Pablo was on the Album it would be approaching and probably passing Late Registration levels for me.

Dexo fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 14, 2016

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I still think Real Friends is a top 5 song this year.

it might be my favorite ye song ever making it the best song this year or maybe any year.

alansmithee posted:

Tbh I think a lot of the "weaker" tracks just sound worse in comparison to the best ones. But I agree it's by far the best album this year.

extremely possible. it's hard to keep perspective.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

bows1 posted:

Also TLOP is still amazing and Im sorry if you dont like it but we can still be friends.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

RBX posted:

Nobody I know in real life has even spoken about TLOP.

But people I know think Black Youngsta is the hottest poo poo right now soooooo

You need better friends

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Marching Powder posted:

it might be my favorite ye song ever making it the best song this year or maybe any year.
:agreed:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
*list of my favorite TLOP tracks and it's basically the whole album here maybe i'll just listen to the album*

acksplode
May 17, 2004

*forgets TLOP.......so that I may enjoy the thrill of rediscovering it*

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gotta dock ye a few points for that silver surfer skit

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

"Skit"

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
There are a few tracks I'd remove and then I'd add Saint Pablo cause it's fantastic.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Gotta dock ye a few points for that silver surfer skit

Nah, I'll even allow that is it's pretty much a giant gently caress you to Wiz Khalifa which I'm always ok with.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
I still listen to TLOP more than anything that's dropped this year. Kanye's weird rushed mixtape of random song sketches is still better than most rappers' actual albums