Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yes for Guns and Ships, so you can get the dual meaning "I mean" and "ami" at the end of the lines.

Lafayette in general also yes.

So basically yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I find Hamilton's angry rant from We Know to be harder than Guns and Ships.

Guns and Ships is insanely fast, but We Know is just so many words and crazy internal rhymes all in a row. There's no break at all.

At least you get the break while the ensemble is yelling LAFAYETTE! or HAMILTON! in Guns and Ships.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The true test of skill is doing both parts of Farmer Refuted simultaneously.

Don't modulate the key then not debate with me. :allears:

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 06:00 on May 14, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

The true test of skill is doing both parts of Farmer Refuted simultaneously.

Don't modulate the key then not debate with me. :allears:

Except they're not saying the same words! Similar words that they sound the same during the moment but it's not the same.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Asiina posted:

Except they're not saying the same words! Similar words that they sound the same during the moment but it's not the same.

Exactly why it's the true test of skill!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Um, can we at least be told who the people that didn't submit actions are that caused you to close the game so we can not play with them again?

I'm disappointed.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Shouldn't have turboed the SK who is an active participant in games :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also I knew almost all the musicals on that list, wooo~

Except the last weird one.

Also some of those weren't musicals and I am a snob~

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

Um, can we at least be told who the people that didn't submit actions are that caused you to close the game so we can not play with them again?

I'm disappointed.

It was a mix of having to hunt down people for nonparticipation and not giving in actions. Also from the scumdoc it appeared they didn't care either.

It's fine, poo poo happens.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Also I knew almost all the musicals on that list, wooo~

Except the last weird one.

Also some of those weren't musicals and I am a snob~

I did say in the OP that I was taking the broadest possible interpretation of musical, which was my own fault. I knew someone would probably pick the Buffy musical episode, people usually do think of that. If I didn't have so much love for broadway musicals I may have picked something like the scrubs musical episode.

I would have also accepted Dr. Horrible as a musical choice.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

I did say in the OP that I was taking the broadest possible interpretation of musical, which was my own fault. I knew someone would probably pick the Buffy musical episode, people usually do think of that. If I didn't have so much love for broadway musicals I may have picked something like the scrubs musical episode.

I would have also accepted Dr. Horrible as a musical choice.

The Buffy Musical is one of my favorites. :)

I forgot about Dr Horrible.

I've only heard two songs from Hamilton now but they are pretty great.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

King Burgundy posted:

The Buffy Musical is one of my favorites. :)

I forgot about Dr Horrible.

I've only heard two songs from Hamilton now but they are pretty great.

I will recommend what I recommend to everyone, which is listen to the whole thing in one sitting (there's a playlist on spotify and google music) while reading the lyrics.

The first time I listened I used the booklet that comes with the physical copy of the cast recording, located here: https://warnermusicgroup.app.box.com/s/98o13fgs1vrb2wxqe1zel2ugw7ppryv9

Another option is the annotated lyrics on genius, but only if you can ignore the annotations. It took me a week to read them all since they're quite in depth, and you wouldn't want to disrupt the listening experience by trying to get into them. Those are located here: http://genius.com/Lin-manuel-miranda-alexander-hamilton-lyrics

The show is 2h45 so it's a bit of a haul to just listen to it straight through. I took a little break between Acts, but try to do it as close to one sitting as possible. The show is sung through so you're listening to the complete story. Even now I don't really like listening to the songs out of order.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

After immediately picking Les Mis I did consider changing to Doctor Horrible. I'm not a big Whedon fan but I have a soft spot for that.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Asii, as hilarious as the role was it actively killed my participation. With everyone knowing that I know who the scumteam is, anything I did could have inadvertently given it away. The most logical move was to just not do anything :(

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Rarity posted:

Asii, as hilarious as the role was it actively killed my participation. With everyone knowing that I know who the scumteam is, anything I did could have inadvertently given it away. The most logical move was to just not do anything :(

I always saw it as it would be fun to try to out wifom it. Just make a bunch of arguments and nobody could know which ones were real.

Also if Quidnose had survived you could have SK hunted, but welp.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
can i be charles lee

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

drat, sad I missed this

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'll be putting up Hamilton mafia within a week. It's all ready to go with role PMs written and everything, I'm just waiting to get back from my conference.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Tempted to presign. I've still months away from getting to see Hamilton, but I'm pretty amped about it. It's a hard show to get tickets for.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
sign me up, mom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Tempted to presign. I've still months away from getting to see Hamilton, but I'm pretty amped about it. It's a hard show to get tickets for.

Yes, I completely lucked into my tickets and I will cherish them forever.

• Locked thread