Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

My thoughts:

*Moatillata definitely should not have said they were modkilled as a ghost. Even though it ended up not being true, ghost posts should have nothing to do about the game. At least he didn't say "Go town" after being janitored, seen that before.

*PMach I know you had to kill me since I was the other doctor but there is no way I would have voted for anyone other than AA in the end game. Not a chance I would have considered anyone else. Kept trying to throw shade on the doctor that saved the other doctor. Shoot :colbert:

*I wasn't happy that the rule for doctoring got changed mid game but in this setup that rule definitely should have been in place from the start, so it worked out for the best. I know making changes mid game can be hard for a mod to do but I think the correct decision was made. Shadow0 handled it well and was straightforward about the change. Nothin here, just me being a stupid brat!

*Couldn't believe town turbo'd someone so quickly after a no lynch, haha.

*I had a ton of fun. Thanks for the game, Shadow0.

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 14:38 on May 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

chaoslord posted:

My thoughts:
*I wasn't happy that the rule for doctoring got changed mid game but in this setup that rule definitely should have been in place from the start, so it worked out for the best. I know making changes mid game can be hard for a mod to do but I think the correct decision was made. Shadow0 handled it well and was straightforward about the change.

I pointed the potential issue with the initial doctor rules out to Shadow0 in the observer doc. It's a fairly reasonable mistake for a new mod to make, so I get it.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Oh also I saw flerp mention in the observor doc and AA point to me claiming being doctor to save Azuth: Not a chance in hell I would have done that. Especially once Tendai claimed poisoned, the best way to prove the "Second doctor" theory right would be to just cure Tendai. Outing myself to save Azuth would have been a bad play imo. Especially if I had arrived on the scene after his fake tracker claim of me going nowhere N1, then me saying "Actually I'm the doc" just lynches him quicker with no gain to me.

Seeing him get lynched in part thanks to "two doctors" made me chuckle a little like watching that four trackers game where they just kept lynching claimed trackers because "surely there can't actually be two three four trackers"

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Podima posted:

I pointed the potential issue with the initial doctor rules out to Shadow0 in the observer doc. It's a fairly reasonable mistake for a new mod to make, so I get it.

Yeah, I was about to go edit that part out. I was just typing freeflow about my thoughts and that really shouldn't have been posted. Shadow0 made the right decision and was straightforward and honest about it all. They handled things perfectly. Me being upset was me just being a brat.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:tipshat:

This was a fun game to watch - if you read the observer doc you'll see me being more than a bit apprehensive about the paranoia/flavor PMs, but I'm glad everything worked out well in the end. Again, good work Shadow0! This was a very interesting and innovative setup, so of course two power roles died on Day 1. That's just how it goes!

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

gannyGrabber posted:

Nobody expects the gannish inquisition

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

gannyGrabber posted:

Nobody expects the gannish inquisition

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I felt really really bad about adding a rule halfway through, but man that would have been boring if the two Doctors just protected each other the whole game.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:siren: The Novelization!

I spliced together all the flavor posts, fixed some spelling and grammar, and added a very short prologue and an alternate ending.

I think some parts could be spliced together better (especially the PMs that describe events starting at night and ending in the morning), and I'm not a very good writer, so make comments on any part that needs fixing in case I missed it. ;D
I'm very tempted to go back and fix all the typos made ITT as well, but I'm really ready to be done with this game, haha.
...I might go back and fix it later because I'm neurotic...

And here's a gas safety manual: http://www.draeger.com/sites/assets/PublishingImages/Segments/ES/Oil-Gas-Industry/Plant-Safety-Operations/gas_dispersion_br_9046434_en.pdf
Stay safe out there.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 16, 2016

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
that twist alternate ending :drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Dayum

• Locked thread