Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Has Karma won a game at MSI?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012
The epic sona gank

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Sona hungers for BLOOD!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
lol @ CLG so blood thirsty they're constantly trading 1 for 1

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer
Why is Xsmithie on Nidalee again? Graves was up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flash Wolves just giving up two kills literally for nothing because

????

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
Flash Wolves just kind of exploding for no reason

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

Flash Wolves just giving up two kills literally for nothing because

????
And again. Flash Wolves are beating Flash Wolves, not CLG

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Huhi with the 1v3 brush gank. Ryze is a cool and balanced champion.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich

babydonthurtme
Apr 21, 2005
It's my first time...
Grimey Drawer

Skippy McPants posted:

Ryze is a cool and balanced champion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

In the end MSI doesn't really matter because if you're gonna win World's you've got to beat everyone anyway but the better CLG do the worse they're crippling NA at World's because they're gonna all end up in groups full of stronger regions

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
So does NA get two pool b berths because they're in finals, or does that honor go to China and Korea regardless?

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

lol at the salt
gonna be hi 5ing keven a lot

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

In the end MSI doesn't really matter because if you're gonna win World's you've got to beat everyone anyway but the better CLG do the worse they're crippling NA at World's because they're gonna all end up in groups full of stronger regions

The only difference is that LMS and EU swapped for seeding, and that already happened regardless of how CLG places in the end.

Flanky
Jun 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

aHA! See NA, it's actually very bad for you that your doing much better than I thought you would! Get hosed!!

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

?? I don't understand your logic. The whole point in doing better at MSI is to allow the top seed to avoid the other top seeded teams in groups.

I also think this matters as a testing ground for CLG's strategies in a way NA teams cannot provide. I know it's hackneyed, but there's no substitute for going up against better teams and having them beat you. Seeing how they pick apart your strategy and how the team was dismantled can be a big learning experience if the coach/analyst has the wherewithal to utilize this information.

CLG fortunately has at least shown they have some coaching mettle so I think if they continue this they may be able to use the lessons effectively. Not to say they won't be shackled by their players skill/individual caps in the end (and so its impossible to expect them to win worlds). But they should be able to take some things from this.

PlaceholderPigeon fucked around with this message at 10:38 on May 14, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
this is crazy, first time an NA team has ever made a riot event final

CLG gonna win it all too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

30.5 Days posted:

So does NA get two pool b berths because they're in finals, or does that honor go to China and Korea regardless?
I think this means that EU has two seeds in Group C with both IWC teams? LMS gets EU's seed but has one less team, and NA finishes 2nd which means they get two seeds in Group B? It's too early to think properly.

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/msi-2016-update-and-worlds-2016-implications

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 10:52 on May 14, 2016

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

I think this means that EU has two seeds in Group C with both IWC teams? LMS gets EU's seed but has one less team, and NA finishes 2nd which means they get two seeds in Group B? It's too early to think properly.

http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/msi-2016-update-and-worlds-2016-implications
efb

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The only thing that mattered for seeding was the backet stage.

"At MSI, Royal Never Give Up, Flash Wolves, Counter Logic Gaming, and SK Telecom T1 advanced to the semifinals (in qualification order), and so the pool 1 seeds were given to China, Taiwan, North America, and Korea. Europe had two seeds in pool B and one in pool C, and both IWC regions' seeds went to pool C."

e: beaten

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

CLG gonna win it all too

lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The thing that's making the seeding so tricky is that even though LMS moves to Pool 1, EU finished 5th and moves down but there's only 2 LMS teams and 3 EU teams.

Before it was NA/EU/IWC/IWC but NA should in theory move up both seeds to Group B for finishing second while China moves one down to Group C?? LMS only having two teams really fucks with things for some reason I can't figure this poo poo out.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

huhi azir will dismantle those noobs it's np

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hi thread, i am very tired and sick. i hope you enjoyed legal legends. should i watch any of the games on vod later

Savage Cracker
Jul 21, 2010
Nothing has changed for China, Korea, NA or the wildcard teams in terms of seeds.

Last year LMS had two pool 2 teams. This year they'll have one pool 1 team and one pool 2 team.

Last year EU had one pool 1 team, one pool 2 team and one pool 3 team. This year they'll have two pool 2 teams and one pool 3 team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

hi thread, i am very tired and sick. i hope you enjoyed legal legends. should i watch any of the games on vod later
Game 1: CLG beats Flash Wolves convincingly
Game 2: Flash Wolves stomp CLG
Game 3: Flash Wolves are winning with a poke comp and forget what it's supposed to do and let CLG stall out and come back from like an 8k gold deficet.
Game 4: CLG barely scrape by with an early lead and Flash Wolves give up like 8 kills for literally no reason doing poo poo like walking in an unwarded jungle until CLG snowball off it and win

Flash Wolves beat Flash Wolves in games 3 & 4 tbh.

PlaceholderPigeon
Dec 31, 2012

RealFoxy posted:

The thing that's making the seeding so tricky is that even though LMS moves to Pool 1, EU finished 5th and moves down but there's only 2 LMS teams and 3 EU teams.

Before it was NA/EU/IWC/IWC but NA should in theory move up both seeds to Group B for finishing second while China moves one down to Group C?? LMS only having two teams really fucks with things for some reason I can't figure this poo poo out.

It should still be NA/EU/IWC/IWC in pool C.

MSI only effects the top seed for each region, moving it up or down. This is reasonable because its the top teams playing so it should reflect this and not the depth of the region.

I think we can still say that in NA/EU there's probably more dropoff than in KR/CN, especially in regards to the 3rd team.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

PlaceholderPigeon posted:

It should still be NA/EU/IWC/IWC in pool C.

MSI only effects the top seed for each region, moving it up or down. This is reasonable because its the top teams playing so it should reflect this and not the depth of the region.

I think we can still say that in NA/EU there's probably more dropoff than in KR/CN, especially in regards to the 3rd team.
Immortals were 3rd place in NA and I wouldn't say there's a huge drop off there, they're just a lot dumber than CLG. I don't know what's going on in EU right now, they should be stronger than NA but apparently don't believe in coaches or practice.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

san shao is going to royal

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
If you haven't seen today's games yet and don't hate Monte, go watch his stream now. The Apex guys (Saint, Xpecial, Diamondprox) are there right now and apparently more western pros that are in Korea right now (Echo Fox, C9, TSM, Liquid, G2 etc.) might show up during the evening.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

RealFoxy posted:

When you are 1-5 against a team it's not throwing or flukes it's because they are a better team tbh

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I hope CLG take one game off of SKT in the final. That would make me feel good.

As much as I like to poo poo on NA itt, it'd be fun and good and cool if our best teams started winning internationally consistently.

Hermetic
Sep 7, 2007

by exmarx

RealFoxy posted:

Game 3: Flash Wolves are winning with a poke comp and forget what it's supposed to do and let CLG stall out and come back from like an 8k gold deficet.
Game 4: CLG barely scrape by with an early lead and Flash Wolves give up like 8 kills for literally no reason doing poo poo like walking in an unwarded jungle until CLG snowball off it and win

I just want to say that you are the saltiest person I have ever seen and it makes me happy. :shobon:

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

It's become a lot easier to root for CLG now that Doublelift is off the roster, so I'm glad they're doing well.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Firebert posted:

When you are 1-5 against a team it's not throwing or flukes it's because they are a better team tbh

yeah for real. people over rated FW so much going into this tournament, they're a good team but nothing earth-shattering

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Praise be Hotshotgg.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

RealFoxy posted:

sounds like a pretty lovely team lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Admoon posted:

Praise be Hotshotgg.

misread this as praise be hotdog, and thats something i agree with

• Locked thread