Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
It's been two hours since I said "I'll just check out Shark Game for a second." Now I'm exploring deeper and deeper, wonder what lurks at the next upgrade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
What am I supposed to be spending this helium on? None of these things seem especially spectacular.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I wish Shark game was popular enough to warrant an active wiki :(

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

this one is what i use
http://shark-game.wikia.com/wiki/Shark_Game_Wiki

gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

Eldercain posted:

What am I supposed to be spending this helium on? None of these things seem especially spectacular.

Once you get far enough you start generating helium per hour. It really adds up. Also completing challenges unlocks new perks to spend helium on, some of which are very very good.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Eldercain posted:

None of them is especially spectacular alone, but they're all very cheap at first and they're all essentially multiplicative with each other. It has a bigger effect than you think.

Once you're able to push a few zones beyond Zone 21, Looting is particularly nice because its effect applies to helium gains (except for the flat 30 you get from finding the portal).

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any way to speed up the clock for sandcastle builder? It's a neat idea but I'd like to play to the end in less than a decade.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Anyone remember what you're supposed to do for gold when you first unlock imbuement in Mine Defense? The mana upgrades are starting to pile up without me being able to afford them.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Microcline posted:

Once you get it the recycler is generally the fastest way of getting large amounts of a given resource. You just need to find one resource that you can produce in massive quantities. The loops I remember are Fish Machine -> Fish -> Sharkonium (recycler) -> Fish Machine and Octopus Machine -> Octopus -> Clams -> Octopus resource (recycler) -> Octopus Machine. Once you set something like this up you can produce enough kelp in one go to fuel your science for the rest of the game.

The main thing you want to prioritize, moreso than being selective about type of world, is that you always go for the highest level world available to you. I think the levels on offer range from -5 to +5 relative to your current world that you're finishing (or abandoning, for that matter), and level dictates essence which dictates progress.

Beyond that, different types of worlds will call for different strategies. Havens, for example, you want to go nuts with your breeders, while Marine you want to take advantage of your major fish income, and Abandoned and Frigid you should be heavily reliant on machines.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Robo Reagan posted:

Any way to speed up the clock for sandcastle builder? It's a neat idea but I'd like to play to the end in less than a decade.

There's eventually a couple upgrades to speed up ONGs. This is a game with many paradigm shifts and right now it's really basic, focused on two resources.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Eldercain posted:

Voting shark game if you want a shorter time period and more emphasis on activity/who can waste the most time.

If you want to take a week or so of idling maybe realm grinder would be best? Idk a lot of the truly idlable games are pretty obtuse.

Alternatively just have everyone play through a dark room which is a fabulous game and can be finished in a couple days?

Just spitballin here

Will try out shark game. Right now I'm trying to go through kittens game, which is interesting, but I can't figure out how to come up with a rubrik for ranking people against each other.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Eldercain posted:

Carpentry which gives you more Trimps per building is awesome when you unlock it. Looting gives more helium in addition, making it a nice dump Toughness and power really really help. Without perks getting to even zone 20 takes forever. I'm at 4.3e6 total helium (progressive zones give exponentially more helium) and it takes me around 6 hours to get to zone 80. Not sure how useful this will be since you wont have even half of the stuff unlocked but I'm currently running this

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Lottery of Babylon posted:

SHARK GAME

HELL YES IT'S THE GOON-MADE SHARK GAME THE ACTUAL BEST IDLE GAME

So am I forced to collect sharkonium manually or is there some upgrade I missed?

'Cause it's going to take a long time to collect 10K.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So am I forced to collect sharkonium manually or is there some upgrade I missed?

'Cause it's going to take a long time to collect 10K.

Click 'eat 100'. Click sharkonium.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice

Ranter posted:

:argh: Why'd I miss that?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Don't feel bad. I had an autoclicker going until I realized I was a huge idiot.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Does essence do anything other than let me buy artifacts? Should I hold on to some or just spend it immediately?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Jester Mcgee posted:

Does essence do anything other than let me buy artifacts? Should I hold on to some or just spend it immediately?

spend it unless you don't like the artifacts you rolled this world.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

College Slice
So now I'm in another world and not my craps are collecting coral as well.

drat, this rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

So now I'm in another world and not my craps are collecting coral as well.

drat, this rabbit hole just gets deeper and deeper.

Each world type has different effects and available resources.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

bollig posted:

Will try out shark game. Right now I'm trying to go through kittens game, which is interesting, but I can't figure out how to come up with a rubrik for ranking people against each other.

It does have a prestige currency but it takes forever for it to be with collecting. Kittens game is probably not a good contender.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Robo Reagan posted:

If you type in console Molpy.ONG () itll advance to the next hour, however and time based effects you'll have to wait to accrue in real time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

pixaal posted:

I'm at 4.3e6 total helium (progressive zones give exponentially more helium)

It's linear

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Aurora posted:

It's linear

Well breaking the planet (zone 60) causes the amount to skyrocket at least. As do the helium challenges.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I guess I should say that the per-Blimp/Improbability helium increase is linear, but the sum growth is exponential (?). At least looking at the wolfram alpha graph of my helium gains.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
When was shark game last updated?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

jon joe posted:

When was shark game last updated?

Sometime last year. There's a maybe update maybe sequel in the works.

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
Shrimps are the bees knees.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ranter posted:

there is a machine that automates it too.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Meskhenet posted:

there is a machine that automates it too.

Waste of materials imo. I just run on eat 1/3 max unless I need something specific.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Are there any good paid (not f2p) clicker games on Steam?

FetusSlapper
Jan 6, 2005

by exmarx

Pope Guilty posted:

Hey, the thread prestiged!

Is there anything worth playing for Android aside from Adventure Capitalist and Idle Oil Tycoon?

I like Reactor, soda dungeon, and while its more of a tower defense I also like war tortoise.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

pixaal posted:

Carpentry which gives you more Trimps per building is awesome when you unlock it. Looting gives more helium in addition, making it a nice dump Toughness and power really really help. Without perks getting to even zone 20 takes forever. I'm at 4.3e6 total helium (progressive zones give exponentially more helium) and it takes me around 6 hours to get to zone 80. Not sure how useful this will be since you wont have even half of the stuff unlocked but I'm currently running this

Does meditation do anything? Seems dead to me most of the time. I reset before it adds a significantly amount.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Carados posted:

Does meditation do anything? Seems dead to me most of the time. I reset before it adds a significantly amount.

It's pretty cheap and ok for deep runs.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Carados posted:

It's cheap just over 1k to max, it helps if you are playing and doing other things and have the storage for it. If you forget about the game and stall out at Zone 55 or something it's nice to have the extra stuff to get back on task.

foot
Mar 28, 2002

why foot why

dis astranagant posted:

Waste of materials imo. I just run on eat 1/3 max unless I need something specific.

Yeah, I turned a bunch of algae into silent archivists and was slowly getting to 100 M science, then after reading this post I turned my algae into sponges and boom 4 B science.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I've just started excavating in RG, and found a ruby. What's the best thing to spend them on?

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

jon joe posted:

I've just started excavating in RG, and found a ruby. What's the best thing to spend them on?

imo the bonuses are so minuscule it doesn't matter too much.

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

jon joe posted:

Anything except for the mostly useless max magic. The first couple should maybe be the extra assistant and gem production percentage to make the early parts of low-level abdications go slightly faster. After a while the free rubies aren't going to afford you any noticeable differences though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

How do I unlock Minedwarf in RG? It says when Diamond Pickaxe finds 30,000 faction coins, but the tooltip doesn't say that diamond pickaxe actually gets you coins, just increases your chances for coins. And on top of that, I have found millions of coins this run as Dwarves and still no unlock.