Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Killing The Forger wasn't too bad though I only got a 4 out of 5 for the rating. Do we know how frequently Elusive Targets will be released? I don't mind coming back to the game every so often but I'd hate to be playing it near daily out of fear I'd miss stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

I waited for him at the Napoleon statue. Then I knocked out his guard and hurled a battle axe into his face. 10/10 would murder again.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

My elusive kill was pretty sloppy. I stabbed him with some scissors the second the bodyguard's back was turned, then I panicked and stabbed the bodyguard because I thought he saw me but actually I think he just saw the body.

I screwed around with contracts mode a bit as well. Created a contract in Sapienza called "Good Housekeeping" if any PS4 players want to try it out. I don't know if you can actually search for them and they fall off the front page rather quickly so it's hard to feel motivated to participate in contracts mode at all.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Has anyone else encountered a bug where subduing someone sometimes kills them?

I'm trying to do some escalation contracts in Paris but like 50% of the time I subdue someone, it says non-target killed and it's ruined a couple of my runs.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Supplanter posted:

I think the elusive target will be around until the end of the weekend, so you haven't missed anything yet. I do think a weekend is kind of a short window, like give me two weeks or something what if I'm busy? I don't always have time to game like I used to.

marktheando posted:

Well that's good it's around for the weekend.

But surely it would make more sense to make them available all the time, and just limit you to one attempt?

Yeah they should have it open for a couple weeks and just limit you to one attempt. I really hate poo poo that's only available for two days like in Destiny. Some people actually have poo poo to do and can't always drop everything for a game, what the gently caress.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I'm trying to do some escalation contracts in Paris but like 50% of the time I subdue someone, it says non-target killed and it's ruined a couple of my runs.

Yeah that happens a lot for me. You can get around it by throwing busts or wrenches on their dumb faces but it might alert bystanders,.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
I tried taking him out with the proximity ducky but he just picked it up. So I just shot him in the face and ran away.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Note that some escalations require you NOT to subdue anyone, you have to kill them. Could that be it?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I had a problem where subduing would kill in Sapienza. I took out the guy standing on his apartment balcony in the beginning. He would somehow get caught in the door/wall geometry and killed by it. I couldn't even drag his body away because some vertex in his hand was caught inside the wall. Very strange.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

AKA Pseudonym posted:

I tried taking him out with the proximity ducky but he just picked it up.
When someone does that you can still detonate it. :v:

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Pilchenstein posted:

When someone does that you can still detonate it. :v:

You can with the remote duck. I don't think the prox duck works once it's picked up.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

status posted:

You can with the remote duck. I don't think the prox duck works once it's picked up.
I didn't know there was a second kind of duck, just ignore me then.

Trico
Nov 5, 2009

still you are nowhere

fleshweasel posted:

I had a problem where subduing would kill in Sapienza. I took out the guy standing on his apartment balcony in the beginning. He would somehow get caught in the door/wall geometry and killed by it. I couldn't even drag his body away because some vertex in his hand was caught inside the wall. Very strange.

This is a bug introduced when Sapienza was released-- sometimes subduing will randomly kill NPCs in certain conditions. No idea why they're taking so long to fix it. On the bright side, it led me to discover the glory of using wrenches/crowbars/cans of expired spaghetti to non-lethally subdue guards. (Using these items avoids the bug.)

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

Pilchenstein posted:

I didn't know there was a second kind of duck, just ignore me then.

Yeah, one was a pre-order bonus. The other was an unlockable item from Paris (?) ... can't remember which is which though.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

status posted:

Yeah, one was a pre-order bonus. The other was an unlockable item from Paris (?) ... can't remember which is which though.
The remote one was pre-order, I've got that one. I've hit mastery 20 on Paris so I should have the other one but I've not noticed it, I'll have to take a look through and see what I've actually unlocked.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pilchenstein posted:

The remote one was pre-order, I've got that one. I've hit mastery 20 on Paris so I should have the other one but I've not noticed it, I'll have to take a look through and see what I've actually unlocked.
You get the other rubber ducky bomb for mastering Sapienza. I think you get a normal remote mine for mastering Paris.

Saladman
Jan 12, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

It's way under 50% for me -- probably around 5% of the time I try to subdue someone they die.

I thought it might be intentional actually. Like sure you're a professional, but if you go around choking out a bunch of 70 year-old priests and undertakers, probably they won't hold up so well.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Saladman posted:

It's way under 50% for me -- probably around 5% of the time I try to subdue someone they die.

I thought it might be intentional actually. Like sure you're a professional, but if you go around choking out a bunch of 70 year-old priests and undertakers, probably they won't hold up so well.

I think it's something to do with collision. If you choke someone out but they're close to a desk or chair or something that their head will briefly clip through it, they seem to die and I managed to reproduce that numerous times through manual saves and experimentation.

It is a bug though, since the developers are apparently aware of it. They're just taking their sweet time to patch it.

Edit: This is magical. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP5OIof9PDk

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 11:58 on May 15, 2016

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Well that went...less well than expected. Subdued The Forger's guard and choked him to death but was caught dragging his body. Had to sprint to the exit, but elusive target down.

Is there any bonus for getting Silent Assassin on Elusive Targets other than the extra XP?

(Also, did some stuff re-lock for people in a recent patch? Some of my starting locations are unavailable though I unlocked them a while ago)

cool new Metroid game
Oct 7, 2009

hail satan

I blew him up with a remote mine in the second room he walks into. Now I'm guessing there's a bunch of dialogue I missed of him wandering around the place and it makes me sad

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Megadyptes posted:

I blew him up with a remote mine in the second room he walks into. Now I'm guessing there's a bunch of dialogue I missed of him wandering around the place and it makes me sad

It's mostly "Aha! I am le superiour artiste! Van Gogh was a hack!" selfwank :v:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

I started as the tech, took out the guard in his office after distracting him with a coin and pushed the target off the balcony when he's watching the fashion show. Quick and dirty.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
RIP elusive target guy, the only French person in Paris

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Sorry if someone has posted a solution for this already but I'm having random hitches in my game. I'll be run/walking along and everything just stops for half a second roughly every 30 seconds to a min. It's driving me insane. I've also started having crashes since this started. Any guesses/advice?

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

Darkhold posted:

Sorry if someone has posted a solution for this already but I'm having random hitches in my game. I'll be run/walking along and everything just stops for half a second roughly every 30 seconds to a min. It's driving me insane. I've also started having crashes since this started. Any guesses/advice?

Had this exact thing and going back to DX11 fixed it, if you're already using 11 I got nothing.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yeah I wouldn't use DX12. Supposedly it works okay with AMD cards but last time I tried it, I got micro-stutters, weird graphical glitches and other little oddities. Stick with DX11 until they fix it.

Though I'm kind of hoping the developers will patch in Vulkan support in the future.

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I had similar issues with the latest set of nVidia drivers. Try rolling back to the previous set?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Tried switching to DX11 so far it seems like the hitching is gone. You guys come through as always. Course if it comes back I'll blame you personally.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
A weird thing I've noticed with the subduing bug is that it happens like 100% of the time when you're doing it from around a corner or from behind cover or something. Much less frequent when you're just straight crouched.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Darkhold posted:

Tried switching to DX11 so far it seems like the hitching is gone. You guys come through as always. Course if it comes back I'll blame you personally.

You're not really missing any eye candy by using DX11. DX12 just does multithreading much better which results in performance gains but Hitman's implementation of it is very spotty.

Chexoid posted:

A weird thing I've noticed with the subduing bug is that it happens like 100% of the time when you're doing it from around a corner or from behind cover or something. Much less frequent when you're just straight crouched.

Yeah, I think if the body collides with something, like a door frame or chest of drawers while you subdue them, it counds as a kill. If they're away from other objects like that and they're not facing at an angle when you subdue them then it seems to work fine.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I had a pretty good time with the elusive target in the end. Spent all this time trying to come up with the safest way to get to the top floor without killing anybody, ended up killing somebody and taking their outfit anyways, got up there but because of the "only one try" thing I hesitated and missed a window of opportunity, ended up tailing him around and avoiding other guards and before I knew it he went down to the 2nd floor and I wouldn't have had to do any of that :doh: headed down there, followed him around, heard some cool custom dialogue. Noticed a glass of wine just a moment too late and he drank from it, poisoned it but then he didn't go back to it. Finally just threw a knife at his bodyguard, garrotted him, and hid both in a closet when they were alone. Not the cleanest kill but I got out completely unnoticed and unseen, not too shabby.

Fun poo poo knowing that you can't do it again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
It seems like he only drinks from the glass every couple cycles. I wasn't able to hear all his lines, but he's apparently waiting for his father-in-law to die, at which point he's going to seize control of all the art in the palace, which he thinks only he can appreciate. There are a couple calls with his clients regarding his sale of forgeries-or possibly in some cases, the real artifacts, with him leaving his copies in the palace. In particular I couldn't get any of the stuff he says in the attic.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
How can I auto-skip the intro videos when launching the game?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

status posted:

How can I auto-skip the intro videos when launching the game?

I've looked for that as well but only found a way to skip the launcher (add -skip_launcher at Set Launch Options).

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

It's dumb that all of the voices are Generic American English Voice #5 despite the levels being set in Cuba/Paris/Italy. I'm expecting more from a work of fiction designed, developed and published by a multicultural team from a wide range of ethnic, philosophical and religious backgrounds.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Odobenidae posted:

It's dumb that all of the voices are Generic American English Voice #5 despite the levels being set in Cuba/Paris/Italy. I'm expecting more from a work of fiction designed, developed and published by a multicultural team from a wide range of ethnic, philosophical and religious backgrounds.

The Soviet soldiers being all like 'howdy, pardner' were especially hilarious.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
What bothers me even more than the American accents is the fact that a lot of the voice actors can't ACT. It sounds pretty amateurish at times.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
They sprinkle in a few British accents too. I like the arguing British Sister and American Brother in Sapienza. Really suggests some background story of a dysfunctional blended family whether they meant to or not.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Odobenidae posted:

Can't really say it bothers me a whole lot, I'll take this over awful stereotype accents from previous games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

AKA Pseudonym posted:

They sprinkle in a few British accents too. I like the arguing British Sister and American Brother in Sapienza. Really suggests some background story of a dysfunctional blended family whether they meant to or not.

Oh, right, the ONE British accent lady who seems to be everywhere.