Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Sato Kane ? No , thats actually quite a sinister name. This one sounds like something from a poo poo cop buddy movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EightAce posted:

Sato Kane ? No , thats actually quite a sinister name. This one sounds like something from a poo poo cop buddy movie.

Tommy Noble

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iglocska posted:

Are you a wizard?

I read about 10% of the SQ42 script, which I guess is 10% (or would that be 100%?) more than anyone else

I had thought of reading through it all and posting a summary with the important characters and events, but it's just not fun. Squadron 42 will never be fun - it will be poo poo as fuel for parody and much more poo poo to play. The writing is like the Bishop speech, objectively really really bad but a disappointment to those of us looking for soundbites to subvert

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

They put <SAVE_PROGRESS> in the .xml but it's still switched to NO. But it's been added in!

King of Cheeses
Jul 25, 2007
Crusty on the outside, smooth and creamy on the inside.

I dare say there was some skill required to do parts of this video but the maker(s) do not know their own limitations and so the end result is naff. It pretty much sums up Star Citizen except in this case there was a finished end product. The video.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

Sato Karne is chief of the OMC, some kind of poo poo pirate/terrorist organization. Unless his name got changed since the script leak, that's the bad guy

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

G0RF posted:

It's going to have a coin-op SataBall and just look at this white hot awesome sauce! You tell me it's not that greatest thing ever and I'll name you liar.

Instead of all the base level issues, like lovely designs, lovely characters, z-fighting and pop-in issues, crappy animations, what still fascinates me is how they don't even get conservation of momentum rightat all.

And the brown sea keeps lapping it all up as the pinnacle of realism.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
No the first chapter of the game. The threat is much closer to home etc

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Oh. My. God.

I finally get it.
They think "open development" means "development that never ends".
Like "open-ended development".

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I read about 10% of the SQ42 script, which I guess is 10% (or would that be 100%?) more than anyone else

I had thought of reading through it all and posting a summary with the important characters and events, but it's just not fun. Squadron 42 will never be fun - it will be poo poo as fuel for parody and much more poo poo to play. The writing is like the Bishop speech, objectively really really bad but a disappointment to those of us looking for soundbites to subvert

So it's like reading a good book, except it's not.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Asimov posted:

How do I become an Arbitror and join the secret Tribrunal?

With crare and parpience.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

quote:

[Player]: "Listen, if you think - "
[Outlaw 02]: "No one from OMC - not me, not even those two shitheads - are ever going to tell you a solitary thing except for this simple truth: you cross Potato and you die."

EightAce posted:

Max Power.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Otisburg posted:

Hey guys, what do you think the best set up for this is going to be: Multi-monitor with HOTAS controls, or full VR headset with a gamepad?

Half a VR headset with a heating pad.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Also, how did his son buy a hack online? Presumably he either gave his son his credit card info, or gave him a credit card. Both possibilities are dumb.

Where can i buy an hack?

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Condescending Citizen: "...others have come up with solutions already to the things you haven't even realized are problems"

Poor sap coder at CIG: "What the gently caress. Why won't it COMPILE? Where does "Unresolved external: hangerInit()" even COME from? It's "hangarInit()"! And who checked in all these actual built libraries last week!? What? It doesn't build with the current sources, so you checked in LIBRARIES from your old build? gently caress. gently caress!"

Condescending Citizen: "To give you a clue: they're going to try and have the instances merge..."

Poor sap coder at CIG: "Right, I'm going to try and merge this checkout from 2014 with "hangerInit()", copy in the gravity stubs from THIS checkout I had on my USB, and see if it builds. Hey, where's my USB? Who took the R2D2 USB that was on the corner there? gently caress. gently caress!"

Condescending Citizen: "Chris doesn't seem to shy away from trying things regardless of how difficult they may be"

Poor sap coder at CIG: "He wants what? Persistent ageing of all players and NPCs? With greying hair and risk of skin cancer? By end-May? gently caress. gently caress!"

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

EightAce posted:

So the leaked script is only the first part of episode 1 or whatever? It would make sense since there's no vanduul in it

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Mr Fronts posted:

Condescending Citizen: "...others have come up with solutions already to the things you haven't even realized are problems"

Poor sap coder at CIG: "What the gently caress. Why won't it COMPILE? Where does "Unresolved external: hangerInit()" even COME from? It's "hangarInit()"! And who checked in all these actual built libraries last week!? What? It doesn't build with the current sources, so you checked in LIBRARIES from your old build? gently caress. gently caress!"

Condescending Citizen: "To give you a clue: they're going to try and have the instances merge..."

Poor sap coder at CIG: "Right, I'm going to try and merge this checkout from 2014 with "hangerInit()", copy in the gravity stubs from THIS checkout I had on my USB, and see if it builds. Hey, where's my USB? Who took the R2D2 USB that was on the corner there? gently caress. gently caress!"

Condescending Citizen: "Chris doesn't seem to shy away from trying things regardless of how difficult they may be"

Poor sap coder at CIG: "He wants what? Persistent ageing of all players and NPCs? With greying hair and risk of skin cancer? By end-May? gently caress. gently caress!"

void HangerInit(int HangerInt)
{

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

EightAce posted:

Admiral Bishop, please welcome Admiral Knight and Admiral Rook. They're going to help us win the war against the Vanduul. You'll have the support of our best squadrons. Squadrons 1 through 41 are led by Young Man, Middle-Aged Man, and other various-aged men, but Squadron 42 is led by Old Man, and is therefore grizzled and experienced. They'll be the vanguard against the local threat of the Dark Squadron led by Mylo Ben. Suit up!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

..Cant believe my molage is still in question.

I choose to read this in a faux french accent. And as molaaaaaaazh.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

EightAce posted:

Bishop

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

orcinus posted:

Where can i buy an hack?

Well, you can't buy Chris Roberts but you can get the next best thing, Star Citizen!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

:captainpop: Is that supposed to be a new commercial?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EightAce posted:

Shover :v:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Nah, Bishop is just a tragic figure somehow trying to rescue his daughter who died (OR DID SHE) fighting the vanduul. I don't know what EightAce means by threat closer to home in episode one though, I was fairly certain that was supposed to happen in #3

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

EightAce posted:

Arsenio Gustafsson?
Does he have a sinister moustache or a comically overdone hairdo?
Does he speak with a fake accent?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nah, Bishop is just a tragic figure somehow trying to rescue his daughter who died (OR DID SHE) fighting the vanduul. I don't know what EightAce means by threat closer to home in episode one though, I was fairly certain that was supposed to happen in #3

Bishop is going to turn on you in order to save his daughter (who was suspected to maybe be dead while fighting the Vanduul)

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

{

"What now? That should have worked! Duplicate symbol? How can there be TWO of them now? Whatever, I've got darkSkinAgeEffect() working, and it's cool. What's that? Delete darkSkinAgeEffect()? No! It's working! Why would I delete it? No, I can't just refactor lightSkinMarine(). gently caress. gently caress!"

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sato Karne is chief of the OMC, some kind of poo poo pirate/terrorist organization. Unless his name got changed since the script leak, that's the bad guy

Sato karne sounds like a misspelled mexican dish.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, you can't buy Chris Roberts but you can get the next best thing, Star Citizen!

The distilled essence of Chris.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

orcinus posted:

Sato con Karne?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Bishop is going to turn on you in order to save his daughter (who was suspected to maybe be dead while fighting the Vanduul)

Yeah, but if you think Chris would settle for him as the real bad guy I think you're in for a surprise. I think it's more likely he'll redeem himself in some heroic suicide attack when he finds out the videos of his daughter that the vanduul sent him was actually a holograph

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

orcinus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if his name was spelt Carne until someone pointed out to chris that he can't have SC as everybody's initials

Steve Colton in Star Citizen, fighting Sato Carne

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Edge Maverick
Fayt Leingod

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Sato con Karne?

And his trusty but sinister second in command Jimmy Changa.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

{

“Guys! Why the hell do we have this z-fighting again? Didn't we fix that last month?”
“Weeeell… it turns out that since Bob's last check-in, we're spawning two instances of the hangar in the same place.”
“WTF?!”
“Check line 49 and 50: first it calls HangerInit(HANGAR_INIT_CONST), then it calls hangerInit(CONST_INIT_OF_HANGAR).”
"<sound of loud explosion>”
“…now all we have to figure out is what the hell the hard-coded constants mean”

Pointy
Feb 12, 2003

hello old friend
The bad guy is Ic'man
The bad guy who you turn good to help out is Mav'rick
There are also Js'ter and Mr'lin
G'ose dies

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

orcinus posted:

Oh. My. God.

I finally get it.
They think "open development" means "development that never ends".
Like "open-ended development".

This should be the OP.

Mr Fronts posted:

I'm not a coder, so what I got from this is:

Insert a hanger in it () and twirl

a mysterious cloak fucked around with this message at 15:29 on May 16, 2016

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Yeah, but if you think Chris would settle for him as the real bad guy I think you're in for a surprise. I think it's more likely he'll redeem himself in some heroic suicide attack when he finds out the videos of his daughter that the vanduul sent him was actually a holograph

It's episode 1 only though.

1 - Bishop turns on you and joins the vanduul/is captured

2- You try to find Bishop, shenanigans along the way

3- You save Bishop and kill the Vanduul. OldMan dies, Old Man dies.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Keeping true with the power of this subforum, as we predict plot twists and turns, CIG is frantically changing them to make us wrong. Therefore, to cause the most delay in SQ42's release, we must not stop predicting the plot. With Chris as writer, just predict the worst, most mundane thing and we're probably close to home. If we keep it up long enough, we might inadvertently force them to write something that isn't derivative crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
How can you even merge instances anyway. Is that a possible thing to do?

• Locked thread