Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

FOR TOO LONG WE HAVE WAITED

FOR THE RETURN OF A LEGEND

BUT NOW HE IS BACK

JOHN F'N ZANDIG IS BACK IN CZW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oB-M5yclC8

Also they are going to shoot a TV pilot. Discuss all John Zandig and CZW related topics in this thread. Reflect on his career, legacy and prognosticate on his future.

You may also discuss other lesser talents and indies such as:

PWG and their upcoming shows Prince and THE NUGE

EVOLVE and bad angles involving wrestlers who will die of steroid abuse

British promotions people claim to watch

Those promotions that discriminate against men and only allow women to wrestle #MRAFishing

That group that runs in Chicago and people like

Whichever Appalachian promotion I fall in love with next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChEyinuj8uE

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXNaeApklBQ

I remember hearing that at some shows that weren't CZW related they would take down Zandig's banner at the Arena.

Durk Hendrunkqs fucked around with this message at 04:12 on May 16, 2016

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1sK17B7zbA

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

all of zandig's poo poo in japan is amazing

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves

Holy gently caress Kasai 16 years ago is so insane to look at compared to now.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 16, 2016

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Did they not learn from FMW that the words fire + wrestling do not mix unless the word pro falls between the two words?

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

MRT please add Chikara to the OP it's goddamn ridiculous that you forgot the most important indy going today

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

NienNunb posted:

MRT please add Chikara to the OP it's goddamn ridiculous that you forgot the most important indy going today

Come on, it already has a thread

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761258

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Worlds greatest wrestledad

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wait really? Lmfao

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

go to church

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
CZW shot the one angle people would care about and two days later they still don't have video of it up, that's CZW baby.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Presented without comment while I was trying to research a new local indie

http://www.ospw.net/

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

john zandig makes a lot more sense when you think of him as the ultimate warrior of ultraviolence

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Zandig did an interview in one of the British magazines in like 2004 which is sadly lost to the internet where he absolutely buried his own talent, saying that he just took the guys who were too small and not good enough for the WWE and used them because he knew they would be willing to do anything he asked of them and would die for the opportunity to do so. It was about the time that Steen and Generico came in for their run and he name dropped them as two guys where CZW would be their peak.

He has a great mind for the business.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
The CZW vs ROH feud was amazing

...the poo poo that happened in ROH...

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
the one time I don't go to the CZW show and Zandig returns.
I feel great shame.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

DEAR RICHARD posted:

As I recall, the reason for this was Zandig hated the whole thing and refused to participate which is why "CZW" in the feud was represented by dudes who had come to prominence in other promotions and nearly the entire thing took place in RoH. It was probably better for it as we got actual good workers doing the feud instead of the original CZW crew.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Luigi Thirty posted:

Presented without comment while I was trying to research a new local indie

http://www.ospw.net/

I kept looking for the Geocities logo and it was nowhere to be found.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

Sprecherscrow posted:

As I recall, the reason for this was Zandig hated the whole thing and refused to participate which is why "CZW" in the feud was represented by dudes who had come to prominence in other promotions and nearly the entire thing took place in RoH. It was probably better for it as we got actual good workers doing the feud instead of the original CZW crew.

The Cage of Death match was amazing because it was in ROH

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
THERE WERE FIVE OF EM!!! JEEEEEEEEEZUS

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

DEAR RICHARD posted:

With Homicide and the Cage of Death? That was good poo poo from what I remember and definitely worth a rewatch. Can someone recommend decent matches from that era?

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

MrBling posted:

I kept looking for the Geocities logo and it was nowhere to be found.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

With Homicide and the Cage of Death? That was good poo poo from what I remember and definitely worth a rewatch. Can someone recommend decent matches from that era?

Honestly, czw was pretty good back then. I think it was hell freezes over with Daniel Bryan facing Chris Hero. That should be the start of the feud. I also remember liking best of the best that year since it had some roh guys. There was a barbed wire match with bj Whitmer and I think necro butcher that was fun too. I used to have a dvd comp of all of it together.

Cage of death from 2006 I think was really good too.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I would die for John Zandig

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

AIW has added FLAMITA to this show

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who keeps booking Facade?

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

coconono posted:

Absolute Intense Wrestling, clearly.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone please provide me with some background on the return of JOHN loving ZANDIG, tia.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

mariooncrack posted:

Honestly, czw was pretty good back then. I think it was hell freezes over with Daniel Bryan facing Chris Hero. That should be the start of the feud. I also remember liking best of the best that year since it had some roh guys. There was a barbed wire match with bj Whitmer and I think necro butcher that was fun too. I used to have a dvd comp of all of it together.

The Whitmer vs. Necro NRBW happened in RoH.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

mariooncrack posted:

that's when mike burns was booking instead of zandig (and he helped book most of roh vs czw). zandig got so pissed off about the roh feud that he shoved the event production guy down the stairs at the arena.

the guy i loved from that feud that i wish stuck on somewhere was nate webb. dude was great.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Super No Vacancy posted:

AIW has added FLAMITA to this show

Josh Prohibition

Josh Prohibition.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Someone please provide me with some background on the return of JOHN loving ZANDIG, tia.

Zandig is a Liefeld comic book character come to life.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

What's wrong with facade? I didn't think he was that bad at the last AIW show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
HEY MOTHERFUCKERS IN HONOR OF JOHN FUCKIN ZANDIG COMING BACK TO THE MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT ZONE EVERYONE SHOULD TYPE LIKE loving JOHN loving ZANDIG THE MOST ULTRAVIOLENT GUY IN ALL OF HISTORY AND ALSO YOU FUCKERS SHOULD loving FOLLOW JOHN loving ZANDIG ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/johnzandig2120 AND IF YOU DON'T YOU'RE A loving PUSSY AND HE'LL loving SEND THE loving WIFEBEATER TO KICK YOUR loving rear end ALSO HULKAFUCKINMATT SHOULD EMBED THE loving CZF'NW THEME SONG IN THE BACKGROUND OF THIS THREAD AND loving WRESTLEHUT SHOULD BE RENAMED THE MOTHERFUCKING COMBAT ZONE