Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Thst guys pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2LTL8KgKv8

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: The Smoothenator cares not

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

throw that in the pile of "stdh where the writer is way more irritating/less cool than the fictional antagonist"

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Goddammit, you beat me to it. :argh:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I really liked the SmooveB Onion articles too.

Pistoph
Jul 4, 2014

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

And the very next year, her family moves away as she tearfully declares she'll never stop loving him.

Ten years later he's a high powered lawyer, and she's running a center for underprivileged children in the same city. They wonder about the other when reminiscing, but never realize they work only blocks away from each other. That is, until the owner of the building the Center for Kids Who Don't Have a Chance decides it's time to raze it to the ground. He sends Super Smart Lawyer Man to serve notice on Granola Girl and they realize who each other are.

Has their love survived all these years?

No. Because Super Smart Lawyer Man knows that children know poo poo about everlasting love and has become cynical and bitter. The building is destroyed, Granola Girl moves to SF, and the underprivileged children grow up to perpetuate the cycle of poverty and ignorance.

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 02:50 on May 17, 2016

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

flosofl posted:

And the very next year, her family moves away as she tearfully declares she'll never stop loving him.

Ten years later he's a high powered lawyer, and she's running a center for underprivileged children in the same city. They wonder about the other when reminiscing, but never realize they work only blocks away from each other. That is, until the owner of the building the Center for Kids Who Don't Have a Chance decides it's time to raze it to the ground. He sends Super Smart Lawyer Man to serve notice on Granola Girl and they realize who each other are.

No. Because Super Smart Lawyer Man knows that children know poo poo about everlasting love and has become cynical and bitter. The building is destroyed, Granola Girl moves to SF, and the underprivileged children grow up to perpetuate the cycle of poverty and ignorance.

I'm more about the fact that the supposedly adult writer of that story desperately wants two 13 year olds to gently caress. And when it isn't happening on his/her schedule, yells at them in order to facillitate it.

EDIT: Also, why mention the little sister and intimate thatit's an abusive household atthe beginning of the story? It adds nothing to the rest of it and is just creepy.

BrigadierSensible has a new favorite as of 03:10 on May 17, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm more about the fact that the supposedly adult writer of that story desperately wants two 13 year olds to gently caress. And when it isn't happening on his/her schedule, yells at them in order to facillitate it.

Wow. That's a way creepier take than I had. And based on most of the STDH I've seen, probably more accurate.

It just reminded me of the first 5 minutes of every lovely RomCom of the late '80s/early '90s.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

BrigadierSensible posted:

EDIT: Also, why mention the little sister and intimate thatit's an abusive household atthe beginning of the story? It adds nothing to the rest of it and is just creepy.

I think to make the brother seem like a tortured, angstly teenager. Like a 13yo Ryan Gosling from The Notebook.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

What happened to just seeing kids and thinking "aww they make a cute couple" and now we have to refer it as shipping.

loving internet.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't know why the storyteller thought their made-up story portrayed them in a good light at all. To me it sounds like a story of some (probable) pedophile stalking a couple of kids listening in on all their conversations and watching their every move, hoping they'll give him something titillating to watch.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What happened to just seeing kids and thinking "aww they make a cute couple" and now we have to refer it as shipping.

loving internet.

It's shorthand. Ship these children far the gently caress away from their creepy neighbor.

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

Isn't inciting minors to conduct sexual activity like, illegal? Pretty sure you'd get a fairly stern talking to, at least.

e: if it happened, natch.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

but Macaulay Culkin dies at the end! :smith:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

bringmyfishback posted:

but Macaulay Culkin dies at the end! :smith:

Yeah, I was like "this sounds like someone trying to remember the plot of My Girl."

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
In all fairness y'all do know that kissing and loving are different things, right

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Monicro posted:

In all fairness y'all do know that kissing and loving are different things, right

Of course, but the way that guy writes you know the followup is going to be him lurking outside her bedroom window yelling "gently caress ALREADY" one night.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

flosofl posted:

I have the soundtrack pre-ordered. It features Up-and-Coming Young Male Singer/Songwriter's hit "Slow Acoustic Guitar Song With Lyrics About Love"

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Monicro posted:

not the way i do it

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

It grates me so much when people say/write "This."

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Monicro posted:

It doesn't seem like some people do

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Monicro posted:

Of course they are, it's right there on the map :confused:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Monicro posted:

Oh. That Jackson 5 song just got a whole lot less weird.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

System Metternich posted:

Look at this dingdong everyone, him trying to go straight from Kissing to loving. Here you go:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

System Metternich posted:

Never takes me 2hrs to get from kissing to loving. :c00l:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

https://www.yahoo.com/beauty/happened-teenage-manny-dropped-infant-160000343.html

A teenaged "manny." I really hope this is STDH.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
What on earth is manny?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

"He fell because I dropped him"

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

kimbo305 posted:

Never takes me 2hrs to get from kissing to loving. :c00l:

So for you, say you're on a date and you've only just sat down and ordered at the restaurant and for some reason your date leans in and kisses you surprisingly, do you look at your watch and think that it is on now?

I would probably watch this movie.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Paladinus posted:

What on earth is manny?

A really stupid way to say 'a nanny that is male'. I think.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

I got to the end and looked for some type of "read more" link, not because I desperately wanted to finish her sordid tale, but because it just... ends. There's no conclusion, no point, no wrapup. It's like she just paused in the middle of her story, waiting for someone to ask "and then what?"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Paladinus posted:

What on earth is manny?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

lmao

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Stdh.txt: Don't mess with me or my friends or you'll get memed.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

how me a frog posted:

So for you, say you're on a date and you've only just sat down and ordered at the restaurant and for some reason your date leans in and kisses you surprisingly, do you look at your watch and think that it is on now?

"Waiter, call us a cab," as I shovel food into my mouth.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

The best part is how terrible the writer looks as a mother.

"Oh my baby fell? Sure, I'll take them to the hospital. Right after I finish my workout, that is".

"My child's ailments now stack up like dirty dishes until someone forces me to do something about it".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I managed to grab the IP addresses of the thugs that threw rocks at my friend.

Did they shout them out whilst punching the kid in a guy fawkes mask? Or is that just how internet kids these days introduce themselves in person. "Hi, my meat-name is Dave, but you probably know me as 19032.89123123.12312432"