Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Crasical posted:

Didn't they get a 'not tainted by NZT' blood sample from Morra by having him go off the pills for a few days?

On the topic of re-retconning the retcon, it would be much cooler if that was a double-play by Morra to conceal that he's never actually on NZT to begin with.

odiv posted:

You could probably cut out some of the early stuff if you're looking for a shorter season. It felt like it lost a lot of viewers in the first 4 or so episodes.

Because they were terrible. The pilot starts of really strong and then it just nosedives. I don't know for how long because I picked up on ep 9 again based on this forums persistent recommendations and the rest of the season is pretty great.

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Apr 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

joebuddah posted:

Wasn't the door buster guy played by the same actor that played Brian's dad.?

tao of lmao posted:

That was Ron Mund AKA Ronnie the Limo Driver on the Howard Stern Show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CBS has announced the fates of every show except Limitless and Rush Hour. I'm guessing that means this show is done.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

X-O posted:

CBS has announced the fates of every show except Limitless and Rush Hour. I'm guessing that means this show is done.

Nah. The prediction sites all have it as good for a renewal.

LorneReams
Jun 27, 2003
I'm bizarre

Holyshoot posted:

Maybe on Netflix...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Holyshoot posted:

They also almost all had Code Black for cancelled and it got renewed, probably taking the spot Limitless had eyes on.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wont be surprised if the show got cancelled. It makes sense, they turned limitless into a cop monster of the week drama.

I will remember this show for being 'meh' at this point.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Wont be surprised if the show got cancelled. It makes sense, they turned limitless into a cop monster of the week drama.

I will remember this show for being 'meh' at this point.

lmbo

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I mean that's what it started as. I'm assuming that's the concession they had to make to even get the thing on the air.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

edit: whoops, double

odiv fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 16, 2016

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just be glad that it was cancelled in season 1 instead of season 5 and being known for being really bad. Maybe in 30 years we can see a limitless reboot that doesn't suck.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmbo

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Tenzarin posted:

Maybe in 30 years we can see a limitless reboot that doesn't suck.

We just got that and it might get canceled anyway.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

They're supposedly shopping the show around, I don't see why USA wouldn't snap a show like this up. It's basically a good version of Psych.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

So, this show is down in the upfronts thread as cancelled, but it's not actually been announced as cancelled yet? Apparently Rush Hour has been officially dropped but there's still no word on Limitless.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Comrade Fakename posted:

So, this show is down in the upfronts thread as cancelled, but it's not actually been announced as cancelled yet? Apparently Rush Hour has been officially dropped but there's still no word on Limitless.

The only reason it hasn't been announced is because they're shopping it around. It won't be back on CBS next season barring some kind of ridiculous miracle.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

X-O posted:

The only reason it hasn't been announced is because they're shopping it around. It won't be back on CBS next season barring some kind of ridiculous miracle.

WHY THE gently caress NOT. God drat it. I want 20 episodes of this show. Not loving 13.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
What about... Netflix?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Confirmation it's being shopped. Maybe it was super expensive because gently caress if I know why else they would do this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/limitless-being-shopping-894546

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Tortolia posted:

Confirmation it's being shopped. Maybe it was super expensive because gently caress if I know why else they would do this.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/limitless-being-shopping-894546

That's a real shame. I hope it gets picked up, it's a drat good show.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I was incredibly impressed with their ability to not only keep Morra around, but not have him be lacking OR wearing out his welcome. A really good balance there, and I hope he sticks around as a character and not just EP if the show jumps networks.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Well CBS, maybe the show with lots of serial plotlines would have had better ratings if you hadn't a) tried to force it into a bog standard procedural mold than meant the show hemorrhaged viewers at the beginning while the pieces were put in place (at which point the show was actually able to be really unique despite the mold) and b) gave the show an absolutely bonkers schedule.

One week on. Two weeks off. Three weeks on. Two weeks off. One week on. Two weeks off. One week on. One week off. One week on etc etc.

"Show's like Limitless and Person of Interest just don't get good ratings, people just can't follow the storylines, wonder why? :shrug:"

Perhaps the issue isn't due to serial storytelling, but just maybe that your schedule means people constantly miss episodes, have no idea what's going on as a result, and drop it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shakugan posted:

and b) gave the show an absolutely bonkers schedule.

One week on. Two weeks off. Three weeks on. Two weeks off. One week on. Two weeks off. One week on. One week off. One week on etc etc.

Three things influence this with a spring show: State of the Union, NCAA Basketball (and additionally Superbowl/NCAA Football championships), and sweeps. A lot of the breaks you could attribute to being hosed one way or another by sports.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
sports should be on sports channels or at a time not interrupting other shows america

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I'm a bit bummed out this show is probably cancelled, it was the only new show I picked up this year and has quickly become one of my favorites.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

As soon as Person of Interest is over I'm canceling my subscription to CBS' streaming service and if they have a comment box for why I'm definitely putting down it was because they canceled Limitless.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Jose posted:

sports should be on sports channels or at a time not interrupting other shows america

I wanted to just empty quote this

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

As soon as Person of Interest is over I'm canceling my subscription to CBS' streaming service and if they have a comment box for why I'm definitely putting down it was because they canceled Limitless.

Thank you!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That plus Supergirl moving means I no longer have anything on CBS I was watching and Star Trek is too far off (and there's zero info on it) means there's no reason for me to keep paying them. Also it's kind of a crappy service to begin with.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I still have Elementary and NCIS:NO is a nice background diversion but otherwise I'm kinda done with CBS; no Limitless, no Person of Interest, no Good Wife. None of the new stuff sounds interesting to me.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
gently caress

https://twitter.com/CraigSweeny/status/735595426615721984

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
gently caress

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Feenix posted:

gently caress

poo poo

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
there is no loving god, gently caress this gay earth,

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Well, at least I was satisfied with the ending I got.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
At least we had one excellent season.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

horrrrssseeshitttttt

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007
It was cause they kept blowing the paper mache budget wasn't it.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

:rip: Limitless you were a good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

X-O posted:

Well, at least I was satisfied with the ending I got.

• Locked thread