Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avail
Jun 27, 2005
the internet? what the fuck is the internet?
It's literally right at the very beginning of the OP. I am shocked you didn't even attempt to figure this out yourself by looking at the OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Avail posted:

It's literally right at the very beginning of the OP. I am shocked you didn't even attempt to figure this out yourself by looking at the OP.

Sarcasm aside, I didn't even notice it. Thanks.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ModeSix posted:

Is there a goon guild for this? And how do I get an invite?

from the loving OP posted:

Play with other goons!
There are currently three guilds: Ima GoonDi, Qui GoonJinn, and Goongan Grand Army. IGD and QGJ are full.
To get in a guild, follow this link to add yourself to the spreadsheet, then add an officer from a guild with open spots to your ally list, and then you will be able to see and apply to that guild.
Being in a Guild allows you to earn more shards and gear through daily activities and raids (discussed more below).

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
QGJ is not in fact full at the moment, so please send me an application request and I'll get you in

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Speaking of which. I've gone ahead and booted anyone in QGJ who hasn't logged in for over a week. We've got four spots open. If anyone wants to go through and make a case for anyone else that should be booted then feel free but I won't be able to actually go over the roster until later today.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I have an arena team question.

Currently I have a 7* Bariss as lead and I know I need to swap her out. I want to put Dooku there, but I'm late to that party and I've got him only at 3*. He's my next Cantina farm, but it's gonna be awhile to get him up. With Bariss as my lead, I can fight my way into the teens as my place ranking, but I invariably wake up to being booted back to the 50s or so. So basically, with Bariss, I've lost maybe one battle in the last two weeks (and several draws because Bariss has no damage).

The rest of my line up is 7* Dakka, 7* QGJ, 7* (and highest gear) Lumi, and a 6* Royal Guard. I am 15 shards away from 7* RG which is my current cantina project. Once RG is maxed do I go balls out on Dooku (which will take awhile) or quick bring a 5*, but well geared and ability Obi up to 7* as a placeholder lead until Dooku is done?

So basically, delay Dooku by maxing out Old Ben as a placeholder or focus Dooku immediately and just keep running Bariss on an arena roller coaster? Or focus Dooku and just use the 5* Old Ben as my lead right now because why the gently caress am I using Bariss in arena?

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I wish I was a whale for just one day so I could try this raid team Fives(L), QGJ, Tuskan Raider, hoth rebel soldier, and mob enforcer. Fives is leader because no one else has a leader ability. This would give you 2 turn meter down on basics(tuskan, and QGJ), 1 slow on basic(Fives), 1 off down on basic(Hoth rebel soldier), 1 def down on basic(mob enforcer). I think that team could do a lot of damage and stay alive for a long rear end time. Hell Fives alone practically doubles your teams damage window. Ahh well the dreams of the space poor.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Make it Phasma (L) instead of Mob Enforcer because she can get fairly reliable defense down on her basics, and she can dramatically crank up the rate of everyone else's attacks and thus their procs

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Also expect your turn meter reduction to proc like once every 3 turns. At least that's how it seems to go for me.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jenny Angel posted:

Make it Phasma (L) instead of Mob Enforcer because she can get fairly reliable defense down on her basics, and she can dramatically crank up the rate of everyone else's attacks and thus their procs

Just getting a Phasma and getting her to 4* has massively increased the amount of damage I can do in the raid. Of course I still can't do poo poo to the door guards.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Twigand Berries posted:

I have an arena team question.

Currently I have a 7* Bariss as lead and I know I need to swap her out. I want to put Dooku there, but I'm late to that party and I've got him only at 3*. He's my next Cantina farm, but it's gonna be awhile to get him up. With Bariss as my lead, I can fight my way into the teens as my place ranking, but I invariably wake up to being booted back to the 50s or so. So basically, with Bariss, I've lost maybe one battle in the last two weeks (and several draws because Bariss has no damage).

The rest of my line up is 7* Dakka, 7* QGJ, 7* (and highest gear) Lumi, and a 6* Royal Guard. I am 15 shards away from 7* RG which is my current cantina project. Once RG is maxed do I go balls out on Dooku (which will take awhile) or quick bring a 5*, but well geared and ability Obi up to 7* as a placeholder lead until Dooku is done?

So basically, delay Dooku by maxing out Old Ben as a placeholder or focus Dooku immediately and just keep running Bariss on an arena roller coaster? Or focus Dooku and just use the 5* Old Ben as my lead right now because why the gently caress am I using Bariss in arena?

IMO Dooku and Ben are interchangeable right now in terms of value. I prefer offence up and stuns, but Ben's special ability is pretty crazy, and TM gain on dodge is roughly as valuable. I think it just comes down to personal preference. Mine is Dooku.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I actually managed to break the top 20 on the Arena with my Dookie(lead), RG, QGJ, Lumi, Daka.

I'm slowly working on getting Rey up to spec she's gear level 8 6* and level 66. She's my next target for level 78 but drat being credit broke sucks.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Cad Bane is being added to GW this week, he is another solid choice for raids, on par with Teebo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Malgrin posted:

IMO Dooku and Ben are interchangeable right now in terms of value. I prefer offence up and stuns, but Ben's special ability is pretty crazy, and TM gain on dodge is roughly as valuable. I think it just comes down to personal preference. Mine is Dooku.

Dooku Dodge is even less necessary if you have a unit that can throw up Offense Up regularly as well. I don't have Ben yet so I can't speak to his effectiveness but Dooku has not felt as great in Arena after I started rolling with QGJ and Yoda to possibly extend your Offense Up duration.

Though if you have Yoda then with a Dooku leader he should pretty much have Offense Up at all times and that fucker is fast as hell and hits reasonably hard.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Working on teebo and tusken raider right now so I guess Cad Bane can be my third GW token toon. I already have him at 4* from a pack or something.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

MarcusSA posted:

I actually managed to break the top 20 on the Arena with my Dookie(lead), RG, QGJ, Lumi, Daka.

I got #4 yesterday with my Jedis somehow. I thought I would be sniped out but nope. My shard is weird.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

Working on teebo and tusken raider right now so I guess Cad Bane can be my third GW token toon. I already have him at 4* from a pack or something.

Yeah same here. I'm going to slowly work on him as well for raids.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

rabidsquid posted:

Just getting a Phasma and getting her to 4* has massively increased the amount of damage I can do in the raid. Of course I still can't do poo poo to the door guards.

Yo can I just say how much I appreciate that the Rancor ain't poo poo compared to a pair of portly hogs who stand around and say cusses at your team

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Jenny Angel posted:

Oh no I am not actually making that team, I was just theory crafting based on keeping the 3 status up at all times paired with the 2 guys reducing turn meter. That was the team I came up with that had the highest potency to chance ratios. I used the requirement of it being on a basic to maximize up time.

Insomnia is a terrible thing.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I just got bumped down like 150 spots to 250 in arena today. Did they merge some shards or something?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Fenris13 posted:

Cad Bane is being added to GW this week, he is another solid choice for raids, on par with Teebo.

How do you figure this at all? He's VERY slow, average Potency, low HP and half of his kit only works on Jedi. 20% TM reduction on a special, that because of his meh Potency won't land all that much above T5 anyway. Pass! Tusken Raider is better if you're just looking for a TM dropping guy to grab.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Dooku Dodge is even less necessary if you have a unit that can throw up Offense Up regularly as well. I don't have Ben yet so I can't speak to his effectiveness but Dooku has not felt as great in Arena after I started rolling with QGJ and Yoda to possibly extend your Offense Up duration.

Though if you have Yoda then with a Dooku leader he should pretty much have Offense Up at all times and that fucker is fast as hell and hits reasonably hard.

Anytime I see Dooku, QGJ, and Poggle, I wonder what the gently caress that person is smoking. I think that with QGJ, Dooku is a little less good, but having redundant ways to get Rey offence up wins games. When I have to chew through an RG, and then a fives, and then a ben, I frequently come down to about a minute of game time left.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Wow I am so excited to buy Rey from the guild shop! *has not seen Rey in the guild shop in literally four days*

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Jenny Angel posted:

QGJ is not in fact full at the moment, so please send me an application request and I'll get you in

I'll send you a request. I also sent one to GGA so someone please save me from the Russians!

EDIT: joined The Goongan Grand Army cheers!

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 07:31 on May 17, 2016

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

rabidsquid posted:

Wow I am so excited to buy Rey from the guild shop! *has not seen Rey in the guild shop in literally four days*

Same dude. When rey is not in the guild shop all the other heroes should be asking where is rey

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Possibly useful information here:

Lately we have been starting our raid on evenings that I work (I bartend), so I am unable to play the first round of the raid before it resets, resulting in lower damage for me. Tonight it got pretty slow around 40 minutes before reset, so I said gently caress it and started running the raid fast and sloppy just to get on the board. At one point I had some new customers come in so I handed my phone to one of our servers and told her to just hit whatever buttons come up until it says you're dead. (She actually enjoyed wacking on the "Star Wars monster.")

The point is, I began a phase of the raid at about two minutes before reset, thinking it may be set up like GW, and allow me to finish the round and then be back up to five battles even though I played through the daily reset.

This is what happened: I have only four rounds available to me for today, but all the characters who were killed in that last round are still available for me to use today. Weird.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

Twigand Berries posted:

Possibly useful information here:

Lately we have been starting our raid on evenings that I work (I bartend), so I am unable to play the first round of the raid before it resets, resulting in lower damage for me. Tonight it got pretty slow around 40 minutes before reset, so I said gently caress it and started running the raid fast and sloppy just to get on the board. At one point I had some new customers come in so I handed my phone to one of our servers and told her to just hit whatever buttons come up until it says you're dead. (She actually enjoyed wacking on the "Star Wars monster.")

The point is, I began a phase of the raid at about two minutes before reset, thinking it may be set up like GW, and allow me to finish the round and then be back up to five battles even though I played through the daily reset.

This is what happened: I have only four rounds available to me for today, but all the characters who were killed in that last round are still available for me to use today. Weird.

Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes - (She actually enjoyed wacking on the "Star Wars monster.")

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
So does anyone else have a secret shame character - one you spend way too much time and resources on even though they suck?

I just got IG-100 Magnaguard to 5 star and nearly gear 8. He really is quite useless, I just like the pretty purple sparkles :allears:

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I've sunk a lot in to Chewbacca, he should be the best tank in the game.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Underworld Cop is my secret shame. Attempting to arrest everybody and dying horribly. Almost 6*.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Double post. Oops.

Underworld Cop really is shameful.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 14:27 on May 17, 2016

CaptainAssholay
May 23, 2001

Don't Think
My secret shame was Luke. He was one of the first chars I 7 starred and geared up, only to realize how lovely he was.

Also, doing a GW today and this weird pet looking thing showed up during a fight. Anyone see it before? I couldn't click on it and it did nothing except breathe.

Nevermind, did another battle and it's showing mini fives or something. Funny bug.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CaptainAssholay fucked around with this message at 14:57 on May 17, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

cowofwar posted:

I've sunk a lot in to Chewbacca, he should be the best tank in the game.

Don't write Chewie out yet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7ujK0nSWQ (from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4jkp15/an_update_on_my_cad_bane_review_serious_raid/)

Too bad Rex isn't available right now, even if you were willing to spend to get him. He seems super useful.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

two_step posted:

Don't write Chewie out yet... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq7ujK0nSWQ (from https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4jkp15/an_update_on_my_cad_bane_review_serious_raid/)

Too bad Rex isn't available right now, even if you were willing to spend to get him. He seems super useful.

I got lucky and got him - Just.. impossible to star him up :(

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CaptainAssholay posted:

My secret shame was Luke. He was one of the first chars I 7 starred and geared up, only to realize how lovely he was.

Also, doing a GW today and this weird pet looking thing showed up during a fight. Anyone see it before? I couldn't click on it and it did nothing except breathe.

Nevermind, did another battle and it's showing mini fives or something. Funny bug.

One of the mega whales wrote a little guide about Luke as being one of the potentially viable attackers along with Rey and Leia in mega whale land. He also seems okay in a rebel team and he's useful in the raid.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Disco De Soto posted:

So does anyone else have a secret shame character - one you spend way too much time and resources on even though they suck?

Still hoping for her to receive the 'from utter poo poo to literally godlike' treatment RG got.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
My secret shame character is ig100 as well. I think I'm going to stop leveling him. I wanted a droid team, and only yesterday realized how much worse he is than Royal Guard as a tank.

Also, dies it matter which slot you put the keader in?

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Ugh I have like all the toons except the turn meter fuckery ones so I suck at rancor.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

two_step posted:

Totally didn't know the % on maxed Chewie's TM, good to know! Yet another guy to put in my Cantina queue. As for Cad Bane, I guess he's not entirely useless, but only against the pigs. Without the stun on Rancor there's no way he's useful outside of P1 (unless there's another video to prove me wrong again)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Jerkface posted:

Same dude. When rey is not in the guild shop all the other heroes should be asking where is rey

I got a Rey shipment today. OH HELL YEAH BABY. Now I am only one shipment from unlocking her :unsmigghh: