Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

spaceships posted:

so we're going to get an entire episode dedicated to leon's antics, right

right

I just want 15 minutes from Bear's perspective, ala Pizza Dog from Hawkeye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Sober posted:

You might get lucky and the CW would even decide to think about possibly giving it half a chance to even bother to consider this. Even if it is basically made by CBS studios.

And by that I mean they probably won't as they already have way much more on their plate for next season (they renewed their entire slate, then added more on top). They already have a cop show as well on top of having a genre blended into it. Nancy Drew is probably dull in comparison - at least on paper.

The other option is the internet shames CBS into bringing it to season (#toofemale) but it's certainly also not going to cater to people on the internet (i.e. not their core demo).

CBS already sent Supergirl down to the CW minor leagues, they're not going to send another one that hasn't even premiered.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I feel like there was some logical error in the last ep. how can samaritan simulate the people he is blind to, i.e. reese and finch?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Acer Pilot posted:

That was a pretty good episode.

Yea. It's a shame the twist was so loving predictable. I was hoping they would subvert it but nope she was in their AI thing the whole time after the first surgery.

The Real Foogla posted:

I feel like there was some logical error in the last ep. how can samaritan simulate the people he is blind to, i.e. reese and finch?

I'm sure they were just based on what Shaw thought of them. Or something.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

The Real Foogla posted:

It's blind to them, but very much aware they exist as members of team machine. This is also probably why Finch and Reese's performances were so superficial, since Samaritan has observed them very little due to the blindspot. One detail i really liked is Fusco wasn't in the ep at all, because Samaritan still doesn't know he's a member of the team.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Yea. It's a shame the twist was so loving predictable. I was hoping they would subvert it but nope she was in their AI thing the whole time after the first surgery.

It was so obvious(I figured it out when they were suddenly in root's "apartment" after establishing 2 eps ago she lives in the subway.), but I think that's the point. Because the point of the episode isn't the twist so much as hey they have done this poo poo to Shaw almost 7000 times and she still hasnt broken or given up the team cause Shaw too baller for that poo poo.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 16, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Zaggitz posted:

One detail i really liked is Fusco wasn't in the ep at all, because Samaritan still doesn't know he's a member of the team.

Nice catch on that detail. A good episode gets even better.

Also I can only imagine what sort of horrors Samaritan will think of next to get information from people. It went from 0 to mindrape chips super fast.

spaceships
Aug 4, 2005

i love too dumptruck

guacamole aficionado

V-Men posted:

reese orders bear to stay with leon, leon and bear go on adventures.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

V-Men posted:

If they do this they need to also have the intro narration be from bear's perspective.

Fraction Hawkeye was so good.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

It was so obvious(I figured it out when they were suddenly in root's "apartment" after establishing 2 eps ago she lives in the subway.), but I think that's the point. Because the point of the episode isn't the twist so much as hey they have done this poo poo to Shaw almost 7000 times and she still hasnt broken or given up the team cause Shaw too baller for that poo poo.

Yeah, this. My favourite part was "she waited an extra hour before killing you this time"

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
RrrrrrrrRRRRAAAAAAA gently caress YOU GUYS

threemorehoursthreemorehoursthreemorehours

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

DivisionPost posted:

RrrrrrrrRRRRAAAAAAA gently caress YOU GUYS

threemorehoursthreemorehoursthreemorehours

Hey at least tomorrow's ep is us exclusive(Canada gets it Wednesday) so you finally wont have to worry about spoilers!

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Zaggitz posted:

Hey at least tomorrow's ep is us exclusive(Canada gets it Wednesday) so you finally wont have to worry about spoilers!

Oh poo poo I better set my DVR to record it on CBS for tomorrow then, thanks for this!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Revenge! (Except I'll be watching Agents of Shield finale, oops)

Fenrisulfr
Oct 14, 2012

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm pretty sure the only part of the episode that wasn't in the simulation was right at the end. When the nurse attaches the electrode you can see Shaw doesn't have a surgery scar behind her ear.

Also lol that they were watching the same thing we were on that laptop. Samaritan programmed in third-person camera angles into its torture simulation, I guess?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Basically waiting to watch them back to back. My heart can't take it otherwise :ohdear:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

HERE WE GO

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This loving goon

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

MrAristocrates posted:

This loving goon

SLUUUUUURP

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
This is a good video game level so far

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Oh Shaw, I missed you so.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

She's not going to perform brain surgery on herself, is she?

...She's performing brain surgery on herself.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
I think the biggest thing to take away from this episode is Samaritan ships Root and Shaw too :haw:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy poo poo

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
I'll be in my bunk.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

:eyepop:

"there was definitely some sucking"

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

:eyepop:

"there was definitely some sucking"

ON NETWORK TV

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

So... how much of this episode is actually happening, because I'm getting the feeling that this is either a Samaritan simulation or she's hallucinating all this in the drugstore bathroom.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

ON NETWORK TV

What a time to be alive

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

even the lighting is off during most scenes this episode is so loving good.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No Fusco was Samaritan's critical error

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Regy Rusty posted:

FUSCOS NOT IN THE EPISODE BECAUSE SAMARITAN STILL DOESNT KNOW HES MEMBER OF TEAM MACHINE, THIS EP IS SO GOOD.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Regy Rusty posted:

Shaw never ratted him out :3:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone who's able to I definitely suggest watching this episode a second time. You catch SO much that's just off writing/continuity wise.

The first big hint for me was that Root has an apartment, 2 eps after we establish that she lives in the subway now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

FUSCOS NOT IN THE EPISODE BECAUSE SAMARITAN STILL DOESNT KNOW HES MEMBER OF TEAM MACHINE, THIS EP IS SO GOOD.

pik_d posted:

Shaw never ratted him out :3:

Hell yeah

Suck it Samaritan, Shaw's just better than you

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Anyone who's able to I definitely suggest watching this episode a second time. You catch SO much that's just off writing/continuity wise.

The first big hint for me was that Root has an apartment, 2 eps after we establish that she lives in the subway now.

I plan to

It's cool because it's not really supposed to be a HOLY poo poo WHAT A TWIST episode

You're supposed to figure out generally what's going on, it's just a matter of why

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Zaggitz posted:

The first hint was that she was having glitchy seizures and reality was straight up changed, Matrix style. Second was the apartment, third was the realization that Fusco wasn't in, nor was the police station or the subway station.

Also the fact that everyone acted like they hadn't had any character development in a few seasons.

What sealed it I think was the kiss/sex, since the last time two main characters made out it was a machine run simulation.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Fenrisulfr posted:

I'm pretty sure the only part of the episode that wasn't in the simulation was right at the end. When the nurse attaches the electrode you can see Shaw doesn't have a surgery scar behind her ear.

Ya on rewatch you are right. There was no scar + at the end you can see the first surgery scene on the laptop again so it was just to mess with her.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Sarah Shahi drat well better be in more episodes.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

violetdragon posted:

Sarah Shahi drat well better be in more episodes.

She's in all 3 of next week's episodes!

Not sure about tomorrow though, if she is it's only in side capacity. That promo promised a huge twist though and I'm pretty sure it's what I had spoiled by the late season press releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
But seriously, a full "The Weekend"-esque episode that's basically just Root snuggling Shaw for an hour and maybe getting up to make her pancakes would be bad storytelling, right?

Yeah. Definitely bad storytelling.

• Locked thread