Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

I got the job I was pursuing at the pay rate I requested. If I had the capability of feeling joy instead of being a soulless robot, I would probably be mildly joyful.

gj kane. i am currently trying to negotiate a unit price with a real estate agent and hes being a fuckknuckle. he wont say anything helpful. how do i get him to help us negotiate a reasonable price with the owners?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

CCKeane posted:

I got the job I was pursuing at the pay rate I requested. If I had the capability of feeling joy instead of being a soulless robot, I would probably be mildly joyful.

:yeah:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

busb posted:

gj kane. i am currently trying to negotiate a unit price with a real estate agent and hes being a fuckknuckle. he wont say anything helpful. how do i get him to help us negotiate a reasonable price with the owners?

How badly do you need this? Because dealing with somebody who isn't a fucker tends to save a lot of time and effort overall, plus being willing to walk or at least having options gives you a better position of strength.

If you HAVE to make a deal with this guy my only tip is to try to hope you can grab a discount by doing something different - in manufacturing and purchasing some pretty common negotiating points are discounts for cash up front payments as opposed to 30 days billable and holding product offsite but available for <3 day delivery. Essentially the negotiations there are negotiating based on different values assigned to perks from each party, and trying to use cash as an approximation of this. Broaden scope of the deal if possible.

These are my hot negotiating tips.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
...so i shouldn't punch him?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

...so i shouldn't punch him?

Never waste effort on a dumbass. Find a deal that works or walk, don't spend time being unproductive.

Unless the other party is in Jersey, then that's part of the deal making process.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
You don't get to pick and choose real estate agents unfortunately, the owner does that.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Where are you trying to buy?

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
anywhere nice ie north shore.

Crows Nest/Cammeray/Drummoyne preferably.
Gladesville/Lane Cove decent
Ryde/Artarmon maybe.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

You don't get to pick and choose real estate agents unfortunately, the owner does that.

Then back to the second part and my next hot tip is to become the owner so you can choose your own real estate agent.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

CCKeane posted:

Then back to the second part and my next hot tip is to become the owner so you can choose your own real estate agent.

This is what i'm trying to do kane this isn't helping!!!

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
u should give up the dream of owning your own house and instead become a nomad crossing the desert on your mad max style vehicle

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

busb posted:

This is what i'm trying to do kane this isn't helping!!!

If you wanted my help you should have asked, I have very affordable hourly rates.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

anywhere nice ie north shore.

Crows Nest/Cammeray/Drummoynepreferably.
Gladesville/Lane Cove decent
Ryde/Artarmon maybe.

do you even know where drymmmouynbe is?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Allen Wren posted:

I actually have a small newbie-friendly game I might put up later this week or early next week. Matrix6, so it's only nine players, not one of my unnecessarily-over-researched time period games. More just a gag idea that didn't let go.

I'd be interested in this one too since I suspect either I'll be out of the first game or it'll be over by then :)

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie

Birdstrike posted:

do you even know where drymmmouynbe is?

yes. gladesville/ryde aren't north shore either so why nitpick that one?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

yes. gladesville/ryde aren't north shore either so why nitpick that one?

because they're north of the harbour and drummond isn't and I live there

speaking of which you prob wouldn't like durmstrang it's boring as hell

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Busb, you're going to spend all your mafia winnings if you try to buy somewhere in those places.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Drambuie is north of iron cove so isn't part of the rozelle/balmain wankery so that's still north to me.

its nice but probs too expensive anyway

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All of Sydney is too expensive. Not that it's all nice, however.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

North Shore wankery is just a different kind of wankery too.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
yea but im from a public school in the sticks so i get to laugh at them too

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

I'd be interested in this one too since I suspect either I'll be out of the first game or it'll be over by then :)

I'll consider that a pre-sign.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm really sad that I missed Infinitum's game :(

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Happy Birthday...anonnarco? Sorry I forget who is who

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Happy Birthday Manni Marco!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
happy birthday donnie darko

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm really sad that I missed Infinitum's game :(

:(

Also I am super sick so I might delay the Stargate game by a day.

See how I'll feel in the morning
Zzz

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer
All this talk of creative works and self-doubt is the perfect segway into this:
[Mafia] Poisoned! the Novelization in case you were following that thread and wanted to see more of the behind the scenes what dumb messages I was sending everyone and how awful my writing skills are, now strung together into one coherent story! With some more pictures and an alternate ending. All of which took way too long. :P
And I really wish I had come up with a more interesting title for that thread...

Also, I have an idea for an open-setup role-madness Overwatch game for 21 players (all the characters). I might host it soon (despite telling myself and some others that I was done with Mafia for a while).
It's open setup, so anyone can look at it and tell me it's terrible and still join in.
It won't be flavor-heavy so I don't end up writing more silly novels and wasting so much time on not-homework.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Infinitum posted:

:(

Also I am super sick so I might delay the Stargate game by a day.

See how I'll feel in the morning
Zzz

I recommend holding off, yeah. Don't push yourself, the game WILL suffer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Shadow0 posted:

[Mafia] Poisoned! the Novelization in case you were following that thread and wanted to see more of the behind the scenes what dumb messages I was sending everyone and how awful my writing skills are, now strung together into one coherent story! With some more pictures and an alternate ending. All of which took way too long. :P
And I really wish I had come up with a more interesting title for that thread...

Also, I have an idea for an open-setup role-madness Overwatch game for 21 players (all the characters). I might host it soon (despite telling myself and some others that I was done with Mafia for a while).
It's open setup, so anyone can look at it and tell me it's terrible and still join in.
It won't be flavor-heavy so I don't end up writing more silly novels and wasting so much time on not-homework.

:five: holy poo poo

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Kashuno posted:

:five: holy poo poo

I should have broken that into two parts. You mean you're down for the Overwatch game?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Both

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Amoeba102 posted:

Busb, you're going to spend all your mafia winnings if you try to buy somewhere in those places.

We get to collect winnings????? Who do I PM?!?!?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Should just give Shadow0 the award now for "best new mod" IMO

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

yeah, drat

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Shadow0 posted:

AAA title would read again that was ana awesome game :).

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
ok jon joe's thread is actually kind of funny to read, keep it up for another couple of gamedays and you'll have outstripped most cyors!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
GBS game just ended btw! In a ___town___ victory!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I'm thinking about running a BYOB Mafia this summer. Gonna check in with Fluffie Duckie in the next few weeks. GBS game was so good at getting in nice new blood why not keep the ball rolling????

Except Azuth, I hate you Azuth :argh: