Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

ravenkult posted:

New episode is already up (Highlander 2)!

Jesus, that's gotta be the record on a stay tuned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Mastermind posted:

Is it? It's not showing up in my podcatcher.

It's on their website's "Episodes" page!

Man, I've only seen 7 Christopher Lambert films.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

It's on their website's "Episodes" page!

Man, I've only seen 7 Christopher Lambert films.

Only 3 more and Lambert will officiate your wedding, heh heh heh

The bit about Sean Connery on JackassLadyslap pranking James Doohan had me rolling. My favorite episode of their's in a while.

sexy fucking muskrat fucked around with this message at 04:55 on May 16, 2016

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008

ravenkult posted:

New episode is already up (Highlander 2)!

Weird that it's only showing up on their site, but I'm not complaining

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

yoyomama posted:

Weird that it's only showing up on their site, but I'm not complaining

It sometimes gets added to the list of episodes on the website a day early. My usual feed usually doesn't get it until monday night

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Christopher Lambert conducting a funeral because the deceased got 10 stamps on his fan club card is killing me right now

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
Christopher Lambert conducting a funeral because the deceased got 10 stamps on his fan club card is killing me right now

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

is killing me right now

Uh oh, do you have 10 punches already?

Listening early was cool, but now what will I do on Tuesday? It's like opening Christmas presents early. I could finally listen to Blame It On Rio...

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Their Lambert doubles as their Lugosi.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
You can tell they'd been drinking as they're very giggly, and that makes it even better. God bless WHM.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I forget which part it is. I think when they start talking about the Ladyslap bit, and it goes silent, and you very faintly hear a wheezing laugh in the background... it slayed me.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I want Sean Connery Jackass.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.
I've seen 16 of his movies. What have I done with my life?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

frgildan posted:

I've seen 16 of his movies. What have I done with my life?
Why are you complaining? Now he'll officiate your wedding and speak at your funeral!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Why are you complaining? Now he'll officiate your wedding and speak at your funeral!

No you need 4 more to get both. When you have 16 you get him to baptize your child.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Evil Mastermind posted:

Would unironically pay a lot of money to have Christopher Lambert officiate my wedding

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Uh oh, do you have 10 punches already?

Listening early was cool, but now what will I do on Tuesday? It's like opening Christmas presents early. I could finally listen to Blame It On Rio...

I just listened to this one last week and it's incredible.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Corek posted:

Their Lambert doubles as their Lugosi.

Surely it's Werner Herzog's Ladyslap?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I kind of wish they'd watched the original Highlander 2 and not the Renegade version, because while their confusion at time travel is pretty hilarious, their reaction to immortals being aliens from the loving planet Zeist would probably have been much funnier.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I kind of wish they'd watched the original Highlander 2 and not the Renegade version, because while their confusion at time travel is pretty hilarious, their reaction to immortals being aliens from the loving planet Zeist would probably have been much funnier.

Literally in the first minute they talk about them being aliens?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah, they absolutely watched the original version. They say they're aliens. They just don't remember the name Zeist, because why the gently caress would anyone commit that to memory?

The Renegade version is funny to me, because seriously, why bother? "We fixed it! Now they're from far far far in our planet's past, not another planet!" "Um, okay. They're still banished, right? And can't remember each other? And Connery still comes back to life for no reason? Yeah, still a poo poo movie."

Anyway, that episode was great. Like, crazy funny. Especially for Sean Connery's Lady Slap (which I now laugh about, just typing out here).

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Okay, wait, what? Am I listening to a different version of the episode? Because they keep mentioning the Highlanders time-traveling and they mentioned it being a flashback to "the distant past," which is what the Renegade version did.

The original cut is also only available if you dig up an old VHS tape of it or pirate it, pretty much.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Okay, wait, what? Am I listening to a different version of the episode? Because they keep mentioning the Highlanders time-traveling and they mentioned it being a flashback to "the distant past," which is what the Renegade version did.

The original cut is also only available if you dig up an old VHS tape of it or pirate it, pretty much.

They're from a different planet AND a different time. No, there is no reason for them to have done this.

The Renegade version just removed the word Zeist. Connery goes from saying, "Free men of the planet Zeist, hear me!" to "Free men of the planet...hear me!"

And yes, Christopher Lambert will be speaking at my funeral.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
...good lord. :psyduck: That really is simultaneously dumber and less funny.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Am I wrong, or are they pronouncing the director's name weird? His name is Russel Mulcahy (which I read as Mul-kay-hee), and they keep saying is like Mulackey. At one point Steve even said Mulcahy, then corrected to Mulackey. Weird.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Mool-Kah-Hee.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

enigmahfc posted:

I want Sean Connery Jackass.
I recently rewatched all the Jackass TV episodes for the first time, this bit almost made me crash my bike from giggling too hard.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I liked the Connery Burger King callback.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I really want to send in a modified version of that Batman vs. Superman email from a few weeks ago, except that it's about how not all the immortals are highlanders, just McCloud.

Seriously, read a loving comic book.

e: I really hope they do the Highlander cartoon for Animation Damnation.

Evil Mastermind fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 17, 2016

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I really want to send in a modified version of that Batman vs. Superman email from a few weeks ago, except that it's about how not all the immortals are highlanders, just McCloud.

Mcclouds. His cousin Duncan is also immortal and a highlander.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh hell, that's a great idea. I may write that in.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Mcclouds. His cousin Duncan is also immortal and a highlander.
Speaking of which, I was not expecting Eric's reaction to the TV series at the end of the episode.

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

Evil Mastermind posted:

Both of these ideas are great. I thought the Adrian Paul TV show was great when I was a kid. What's not to love about supermen walking around with swords in their jackets all day?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The show has a bad first season, but it actually picks up. Even Ritchie ends up being a good character.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The best thing about the show was that they never even bothered to hide the fact that people were drawing swords out of nowhere. Adrian Paul could be wearing a t-shirt and basketball shorts and still draw his katana in the middle of an empty room.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Detective No. 27 posted:

The show has a bad first season, but it actually picks up. Even Ritchie ends up being a good character.

I loved it when I was 14, but did it ever evolve past "immortal of the week that apparently Duncan has had run-ins with before"?

Also, as someone who loved the first movie and liked the TV series, holy poo poo Endgame is almost worse than 2.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

I loved it when I was 14, but did it ever evolve past "immortal of the week that apparently Duncan has had run-ins with before"?

Also, as someone who loved the first movie and liked the TV series, holy poo poo Endgame is almost worse than 2.

You should watch The Source. The show in the last season added demons and other nonsense.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

There was the pretty good story arc with the Four Horsemen and Connor going mad.

Oh, and the episode with the mentally retarded immortal. Holy poo poo.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The Source is so, so bad. I'd love to see them do an episode on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pczH7a5RM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

If you liked the show at all, that really helped Endgame be better than 2 & 3. Nothing beats that giant blurred JVC logo though.