Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
Edit. Quote is not edit.

I think I've been reading this thread for too long when I decide since I have the first post I need to find a cat. However instead of typing cat, I default to catte.

Stick100 fucked around with this message at 20:59 on May 17, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

1 color isn't really colorful.

Stick100
Mar 18, 2003
Edit. Quote is not edit.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Okay now I refuse to believe GORF isn't a New York Times journalist frustrated he can't get the story out yet.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Nation posted:

loving laughing at this all over again

what are the stairs for?? lol

For the Space Robots.

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls

Achamp posted:

The sheer amount of nonsense in any CIG post is mind-bending. So persistence is working "great", but there's this teensy weensy issue with "providing the content to show it off".Sounds like it isn't working yet to me.

Its seriously annoying to me, as a developer, how the fanbase keeps talking about persistence as if its a high-level feature. It isn't. Persistence is a detail of some other deliverable. You build gameplay features and then implement persistence for that feature. You do this for every new high-level feature requiring persistence. Maybe its as simple as a DB schema update and some DAL code. Maybe its adding a new data store or a different data access strategy. But its pretty much never a once-and-done sort of thing.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It's true, we don't understand game development, because CIG is using a completely bizarre and backwards technique that can only be understood by the crobot himself

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/329848/what-about-an-animated-movie

Dont want yo distract from the project but could we like throw money at chris to make a movie too...

These are the type of people that fall in love with and send money to chat bots. Some of the most brain damaged poo poo i have ever seen.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:five:

Also for thread archiving purposes, here is Derek tweeting the image:

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/732656880703672320

and here are r/dereksmart posters immediately taking the bait:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I would be more worried about the Scientologists!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Norefund14days posted:

I would be more worried about the Scientologists!

That's a good point. They're not going to look kindly on being compared to the cult of Roberts. I'm sure they're used to being called a money-sucking cult by now, but there's still a line that you just don't cross.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

How are they that dumb?

How?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
e; fb!

I'm starting to get the impression that the contributors to reddit subforum r/DerekSmart are not very bright.

Achamp
Oct 19, 2005
The two hhhwhat.... The two yutes your honor
Question for CIG:

Are they planning to add health problems to the Verse now that our characters are persistent?

We've got physics-accurate bird wing flapping technology, Pirate rape, Day-long warp flights to simulate FTL technology, agricultural plots promised to be more real than a weekend at the farm. Are ulcers not real in space? What about Type 2 diabetes? Can I smoke cigarettes and develop persistent emphysema?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

imperialparadox posted:

How are they that dumb?

How?

Well they've had almost 6 years practice so....

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Lime Tonics posted:

Well they've had almost 6 years practice so....

What do you mean, Star Citizen has only been in development for six months. Elite meanwhile started in 1472 and they don't even have procedurally generated birds yet. :v:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like how they're all like :argh: "we'll get you ... Derek Smart!" and then they start farting and making GBS threads uncontrollably.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

How to not look like a stupid fucke:

1. Check d/s/r or whatever
2. Check SA goon thread
3. Flagellate yourself until you give in to the pain
4. Post

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

:golfclap:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

The thread of 2.4 related angst doesn't seem to be losing steam, so CIG has sent out a secret weapon; an "Anonymous CIG Tester" account:

So we're getting a lot of expectation management for 2.4: (its all very impressive...but you won't really be able to see why) while also assuring us that 2.5, 2.6 etc. is where the real exciting stuff happens...

Haha, this is so pathetic.

Guys! we're working on this background stuff that will blow your minds! unfortunately it is actually in the background so you won't be able to see it until we implement features that depend on it later on.

The ship/assets/coding/refactoring pipeline is also awesome and you'll see the results soon!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Bobbin Threadbare is a really good let's player. He's got a very pleasant voice and has done lps of the Thief series that are great falling asleep material, and his Alpha Protocol VLP is among the best I've seen. He's doing LA Noire now that you may want to get into:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1K0PSvwm5g

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yeah, those were two pretty weak examples of idiot spending

Maybe the OP thinks soap is a waste of money.

And we should all just smell like Sandi.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Lladre posted:

I don't know. Sulphur and brimstone probably costs more than even a pretty fancy bar of soap.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.

Lladre posted:

Gentlemen, we're goons. We're held to a higher standard than this.

Let's put aside the personal attacks and stick to the issues.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

DogonCrook posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/329848/what-about-an-animated-movie

Dont want yo distract from the project but could we like throw money at chris to make a movie too...

These are the type of people that fall in love with and send money to chat bots. Some of the most brain damaged poo poo i have ever seen.

This poll is hilarious, nice split on the yes/no to make it, but a big "gently caress No" to paying for it.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Issues like NPC hunger and inequality in the verse.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

And the legality of space weed.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

And don't forget space healthcare. I believe Chris promised us a robust insurance system just as exciting and entertaining as real life.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Danknificent posted:

And don't forget space healthcare. I believe Chris promised us a robust insurance system just as exciting and entertaining as real life.

We need Space Actuaries to go with our Space Advocates & other Space Bureaucrats.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

trucutru posted:

Haha, this is so pathetic.

Guys! we're working on this background stuff that will blow your minds! unfortunately it is actually in the background so you won't be able to see it until we implement features that depend on it later on.

The ship/assets/coding/refactoring pipeline is also awesome and you'll see the results soon!

Persistence is the OTVIII of Star Citizen. No one can see it for it is too powerful. Trust CIG to reveal it to you when you are ready.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The game doesn't need banking or insurance. It needs all the elements to let the players make banks and insurance companies. Emergent gameplay like that leads to amazing things. See that guy who started a bank in EVE Online.

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

Chin posted:

Persistence is done! Now we just need to create content AKA the universe. That's the easy part.

We created a database!! No actually we implemented a table! Now your hacky client can send us values that are easily editable at your end and we can store! Incidentally we are seeing a lot of UEC billionaires now! WOW guys!

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

Prepping his exit portfolio but still hamstrung by Chris Roberts inspired design sense:

http://gbhasin.cgsociety.org/art/st...i-fi-3d-1364235

just look at that majestic crate and the non-functional fluorescent bulbs.

Why the gently caress is that walkway there? What does it do?
What's it for?

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

The General posted:

The game doesn't need banking or insurance. It needs all the elements to let the players make banks and insurance companies. Emergent gameplay like that leads to amazing things. See that guy who started a bank in EVE Online.

But think how much grief B'tak will feel when nasty evil goons abscond with all his money. :ohdear:

orcinus posted:

What's it for?

What do you mean? It obviously leads from the foreground to the background, and vice versa! Two functions in one! What more do you need?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
Anyone else just get booted from discord?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

orcinus posted:

What's it for?

That is the walkway the steps in the Endeavor farming module leads to underneath.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Yes, and all the bugfixes from 2.4 will be magically auto-merged into 2.5 without a single conflict, because CIG developers have a proven and reliable pipeline.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tippis posted:

But think how much grief B'tak will feel when nasty evil goons abscond with all his money. :ohdear:

What do you mean? It obviously leads from the foreground to the background, and vice versa! Two functions in one! What more do you need?

Ladders. Immersion ladders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

orcinus posted:

What's it for?

It takes up precious space in a cargo vessel where every cubic millimetre of volume should be optimized.

Evidently when we get to the 30th Century spaceflight is so routine & accessible that throwing away 1/4 of the usable volume of a cargo pod to walk from the front to the back is no big deal.

• Locked thread