Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

FetusSlapper posted:

I like Reactor, soda dungeon, and while its more of a tower defense I also like war tortoise.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think I explored all the content of Shark game :(

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

Guy Mann posted:

Are there any good paid (not f2p) clicker games on Steam?

It's not a clicker game but I kind of like Idle Civilization.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Avocados posted:

I think I explored all the content of Shark game :(

Now get efficient at it. Most of my runs take less than 3 minutes now.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Jester Mcgee posted:

How do I unlock Minedwarf in RG? It says when Diamond Pickaxe finds 30,000 faction coins, but the tooltip doesn't say that diamond pickaxe actually gets you coins, just increases your chances for coins. And on top of that, I have found millions of coins this run as Dwarves and still no unlock.

I think it may only count coins from Diamond Pickaxe via clicking (and maybe only "manual" clicking, so Moon Blessing may not work), rather than Tax Collection and/or assistants.

I didn't have any trouble getting it with autocast DP and an autoclicker on the chest. :shrug:

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Shark Game for over a year and a half according to the game. Hurray offline timers.

So, while I'm waiting the 36 hours to unlock the next race in Realm Grinder, what's a good incremental outside of the ones in the OP?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

jon joe posted:

I've been playing Shark Game for over a year and a half according to the game. Hurray offline timers.

So, while I'm waiting the 36 hours to unlock the next race in Realm Grinder, what's a good incremental outside of the ones in the OP?

What do you like? There was a good bitcoin idler that got posted a while ago if schadenfreude is your thing. Bitcoin gaiden?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Eldercain posted:

What do you like? There was a good bitcoin idler that got posted a while ago if schadenfreude is your thing. Bitcoin gaiden?

Ah I played that one before but never 'finished' it, so far as one can finish an idler. Thanks for reminding me.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Eldercain posted:

There are two of them by the same person, both with end-states. They are both fantastic.

Advanced Bitcoin Simulator
and
Bitcoin Mining Profit Calculator: Gaiden

http://www.beepboopbitcoin.com/

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Realm grinder r0 question.

I was whinging about titans taking forever because realm weather forecaster was predicting that i wouldnt get a hit on monastery or deep mines for like 40+ clicks. So i was told to do druids.

But the strat given was to keep farms as the lowest % so grand balance always hits it. This seems pretty backwards to me. And the gems are coming in way too slow.

(Im at 5e17 so far, and this druid run has given me 4e13 so far.....)

Did i get dud advice?

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
R0 blows, but you should probably just do titans. I did druid for a while but I also spent a month on R0 because I was busy and so only played every other day for 10 or so mins.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

If you can join titans from a fresh abdication faster than you can save up the mana for lightning strike (this mostly translates to "did you buy gifts" - forget if they're still kong credits or if you buy them with rubies now), then you do have an alternative. If the forecast is proving lovely for a long time it's totally an option to abdicate, neutral, titan, buy a few different types of buildings (I don't think LS consumes any RNG numbers if it hits 0 or 1 types of buildings?), cast lightning strike, repeat. Abdication comes with a free mana refill.

However, of course, if you don't have gifts it'll almost certainly take you more time to get the coins/FCs to join titans than it would have taken to just let your mana refill after lightning strike.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I pretty much ignored both Druids and Titans in R0. For the first few reincarnations I spent a lot of time as Faceless because they have that Hive Mind upgrade that increases production based on how much time you've spent as Faceless, so once I started down that path I just kept going. It worked okay and was lazy.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Meskhenet posted:

Realm grinder r0 question.

I was whinging about titans taking forever because realm weather forecaster was predicting that i wouldnt get a hit on monastery or deep mines for like 40+ clicks. So i was told to do druids.

But the strat given was to keep farms as the lowest % so grand balance always hits it. This seems pretty backwards to me. And the gems are coming in way too slow.

(Im at 5e17 so far, and this druid run has given me 4e13 so far.....)

Did i get dud advice?

I don't see what the point of keeping Farms unproductive would be. They don't get a larger bonus from Grand Balance than any other building type would, so all you really care about is making your least productive building as productive as possible. That usually meant Deep Mines ended up as my least productive.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I don't see what the point of keeping Farms unproductive would be. They don't get a larger bonus from Grand Balance than any other building type would, so all you really care about is making your least productive building as productive as possible. That usually meant Deep Mines ended up as my least productive.

Druid(3,1) upgrade Mabinogion:
Buildings affected by Grand Balance receive an additional bonus based on their tier, giving the best bonus to the lowest.
Formula: 1+2.5*x, where x is the building tier, starting at 1 for Halls of Legends and increasing to 11 for Farms.

Outside of that upgrade, your logic is absolutely right. But accounting for that upgrade, you'll get 21x extra from hitting a Deep Mine but 28.5x extra from hitting a Farm, thus all else being equal, you'll get 35.7% more production if you have Farms as just-barely-worst instead of Deep Mines as just-barely-worst.

Part of the issue of manipulating that is, of course, that in order to accomplish that you skip some (but not all) of the Farm upgrades, which makes it more of a pain to gently caress around with buying upgrades, is easier to screw up, and depending on how exactly the numbers pan out and how much worse a mostly-upgraded Farm is compared to a fully-upgraded Deep Mine, you might lose some or all of that benefit.

So it was never something I was inclined to gently caress around with personally, but there is valid reasoning behind it.

Also, Druidic Vocabulary from Druid(1,1) and Mathematician from a secret trophy, both offer better production to lower-tiered buildings, the lower its tier is. However, I'm pretty sure that since these are applied baseline, they're applied before determining Grand Balance targeting so it wouldn't affect this discussion.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
35.7% isn't even worth caring about really. I ignored that (GB would always hit mines or stones depending on which had the most recent upgrade) and I progressed through the neutral phase just fine using primarily druids. :effort:

I'm not sure why he's seeing such low gem returns though. Druid should be as simple as buy all upgrades, wait for max mana, cast all spells simultaneously, wait a few minutes and tab back over to do it again. IIRC the main reason they beat titans is that their huge max mana lets them stack every spell instead of only 2.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:21 on May 16, 2016

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Vil posted:

Druid(3,1) upgrade Mabinogion:
Buildings affected by Grand Balance receive an additional bonus based on their tier, giving the best bonus to the lowest.
Formula: 1+2.5*x, where x is the building tier, starting at 1 for Halls of Legends and increasing to 11 for Farms.

Outside of that upgrade, your logic is absolutely right. But accounting for that upgrade, you'll get 21x extra from hitting a Deep Mine but 28.5x extra from hitting a Farm, thus all else being equal, you'll get 35.7% more production if you have Farms as just-barely-worst instead of Deep Mines as just-barely-worst.

Huh, I forgot about that. Still, that's such a marginal benefit that I'm guessing it's not worth the sacrifices you need to make to gain it.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Sindai posted:

35.7% isn't even worth caring about really. I ignored that (GB would always hit mines or stones depending on which had the most recent upgrade) and I progressed through the neutral phase just fine using primarily druids. :effort:

I'm not sure why he's seeing such low gem returns though. Druid should be as simple as buy all upgrades, wait for max mana, cast all spells simultaneously, wait a few minutes and tab back over to do it again. IIRC the main reason they beat titans is that their huge max mana lets them stack every spell instead of only 2.

There are several upgrades from secret trophies that are appreciably potent, such as the aforementioned Mathematician. Maybe he's missing a few of those?

But yes, as noted above I agree and I also ignored that effect and just fully upgraded everything whenever I played Druids. I did mostly go with Titans however, since I'm a filthy cash-spender and used gifts to cheese Lightning Strike RNG in my favor when it was feeling uncooperative.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Speaking of R0, the guide us a little unclear: once I unlock Dwarves/Drow, am I supposed to do Dwarf/Fairy, Dwarf/Angel, Dwarf/Elf, or some combination of them?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Dwarves are so powerful I bet any of them can work. I mostly went elves since that's what worked for me in the vanilla phase.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 16, 2016

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Dwelf never really struck my fancy but it's probably decent. Dwairies are good but they really need Premeditation (unlocked via drow) to have enough mana to really work properly.

Dwangels, while lower potential than dwairies, I found were more forgiving and I used them a lot more during R0. Admittedly I was also trying to generate enough mana to unlock the upgrade such that autocasting didn't have a mana regen penalty. (And for that matter, generate the 10,000 spell casts needed to unlock drow in the first place.)

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah no mathematician trophy. I havent hit 800 farms yet, let alone 1024.
I think i might just use titans. Maybe shell out $10 for some credits to buy the gift thing.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Checked AdCap, hoping Earth would be better after the latest update, but it's still poo poo. :sigh:

It doesn't help either that the game hides any upgrades from you beyond the next ~10. Checked the wiki and I actually had more like 50 upgrades left, all about 1 order of magnitude apart.

Also, grinding prestige currency in Crusaders of the Lost Idols is hella slow. You'd think it'd go up every time but nah - you just get ~30 idols every reset and it barely increases at all.

Also Idling to Rule the Gods is hella boring now.

Maybe I should go back to Realm Grinder.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah no mathematician trophy. I havent hit 800 farms yet, let alone 1024.
I think i might just use titans. Maybe shell out $10 for some credits to buy the gift thing.

Try fairies for mathematician. They get discounts on farms, inns, and blacksmiths.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

What should I be spending Rubies on in Realm Grinder? I bought one Assistant to help unlock Fairy Choir, but not sure what to spend the others on.

Also, are the Gifts worth purchasing? Looks like they are going to be 50% for the anniversary and $5 doesn't seem too bad to throw at a game that will be occupying me for a while to come.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Klungar posted:

What should I be spending Rubies on in Realm Grinder? I bought one Assistant to help unlock Fairy Choir, but not sure what to spend the others on.

Also, are the Gifts worth purchasing? Looks like they are going to be 50% for the anniversary and $5 doesn't seem too bad to throw at a game that will be occupying me for a while to come.

The game stops being interesting once you've burned through the available content (took me about two months, though I guess I still have That Trophy). Gifts make that happen faster.

As for rubies, the bonuses are so small that it doesn't really matter what you spend them on, but conventional wisdom is Max Mana Bad, Assistants Good, Other Options Decent.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
Finally giving in to the Realm Grinder talk. Is there a good wiki to get started with?

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
The gifts are probably fine to get once you've gotten to the point where the only thing you're doing at the start of a run is waiting for enough coins to join a faction. I've never been enticed into it but as far as things to spend money on they're pretty good.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Irritated Goat posted:

Finally giving in to the Realm Grinder talk. Is there a good wiki to get started with?

Just Google for one. It should be the first one that comes up

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

I never heard of Amaranthine until this thread got rebuilt and I got all excited to go play an idle game with a big goon clan but, what the gently caress, I go to play a bit and all it is is watching numbers go down, not up! gently caress that game.

Edit: And now I'm reading that it has bot checks every 30 minutes but you can pay to get rid of them?! Blasphemy!

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Also, there's a new game in beta suckers! made by the Reactor Idle guy called Factory Idle.
It's pretty fun!

Shark game really is the best though.
Seeing as how I'm a fanatic for Factorio, I am actually mad that I can't access this game immediately without paying Kongregate *gag.*

More edit: Someone in the reactor idle chat was kind enough to point out that an older alpha is publicly available: http://factoryidle.com/alpha_ver/

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 00:17 on May 18, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Got round to starting up RG again and oh it's actually pretty fast once you get the ball rolling past r7 and bloodlines

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Beasteh posted:

Got round to starting up RG again and oh it's actually pretty fast once you get the ball rolling past r7 and bloodlines

Most of the really sticky points have been sped up a good bit, especially what was a huge gross grind between R14 and R16 until research

emormu
Jan 16, 2012

DaveKap posted:

I never heard of Amaranthine until this thread got rebuilt and I got all excited to go play an idle game with a big goon clan but, what the gently caress, I go to play a bit and all it is is watching numbers go down, not up! gently caress that game.

The number we're all watching go up is the Guild rank and high score. The fun is in watching the angst of certain people as our number approaches and then passes their numbers.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
And me still at R0 wondering how the hell I'm going to do anything when I can't seem to break whatever comes after Td coins in any reasonable amount of time.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
How many gems do you have?

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer

Sindai posted:

How many gems do you have?

8 Qa

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/547245

Keep doing druids or titans (whichever you prefer) until you're at around 100Qi gems and 200 excavations.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
It's worth mentioning that a lot of these guides don't talk about the rather large amounts of power certain secret trophies confer. It's worth it to look at the list and do any of them that you think could be reasonably achieved even if you have to do a specialized run for it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Oh yeah absolutely ignore that stuff about finding hidden trophies yourself. Lots of them give you significant upgrades for things you'd never think to try.

That's why this guide exists: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/8945-realm-grinder/topics/605675-secret-trophy-guide-easiest-to-later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Goddamnit this new thread made me fall back down the idle game rabbit hole. Realm Grinder :negative: