Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Zand posted:

yea but i love it regardless... i would have listed vanilla AC instead but id rather play against #R slayer than AC pote

it's YOU! You're the reason we can't have good grapplers!!!!!1shift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?
I like reload because it was the first fighting game where I actually got to play other people (via that netplay mod).

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when i was like 15 we all got ggxx for some reason i dont understand and we just played it literally all day after school when not playing war3 or beatmania until we were somehow decent at fighting games

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
Hisoutensoku
Garou
Waku Waku 7

it's me, i'm the actual worst

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

leather fedora posted:

Hisoutensoku
Garou
Waku Waku 7

Hey, if you like bad games and don't get triggered when people say they're bad games you're fine, dude.

also the only reason why I like T3 is because it was the one game in the arcade I went to where I could beat people for free back in the day, because everyone was absolute trash and I at least knew some Nina juggles.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
how come all these people say they like these games but nobody ever tries to matchmake.... someone fight me on fightcade in xmen COTA right now im going in to the room.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
or MSH or xvsf.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Zand posted:

yea but i love it regardless... i would have listed vanilla AC instead but id rather play against #R slayer than AC pote

I played Chipp so I cannot love #R

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Zand posted:

how come all these people say they like these games but nobody ever tries to matchmake.... someone fight me on fightcade in xmen COTA right now im going in to the room.

I've fought you in COTA a million times you needy baby

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
farting dinosaur

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

General Morden posted:

farting dinosaur

please don't be mean to zand

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Booyah- posted:

quick, everyone post your favorite fighting game

Last Blade 2
Garou MotW
Waku Waku 7

e: Daraku Tenshi: The Fallen Angels

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

yes zand is my favorite tekken 3 character why do you ask

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

leather fedora posted:

Hisoutensoku
Garou
Waku Waku 7

it's everyone's right to be the worst and i'll die to defend it

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I take that back, if I were the actual worst, I would've said Hopeless Masquerade.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If loving Waku Waku 7 is wrong...

that's bullshit, Waku Waku 7 is great.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Skull Grills, Persona 4 Ultimax, 3S

Beowulf and Kanji are the grapplers I always wanted.

P4A was my gateway drug to fighting games, and I hope P5A exists at some point as well.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Guess we're still doing this, huh?

Skullgirls
ST
Uhhhhhhh KOF 98 I guess; maybe Melty, but I've only just started learning that.

Actually you could probably replace 98 with any game featuring Terry. I really like Terry. Melty would be a top tier game if it had Terry.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

NuclearPotato posted:

Actually you could probably replace 98 with any game featuring Terry. I really like Terry. Melty would be a top tier game if it had Terry.

AAA UUU RADDEY

BASHU WOOOLF

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMSCkNT7I44

me practicing for evo

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

Speaking of best games ever, I've been playing a lot of KoFXIII again after taking a break for a while. God I love that stupid game.

I've been playing everything on my HDTV because I'm a dumb idiot and don't have a widescreen monitor, but I decided to hook up my old CRT square monitor from 2004 and try playing on that thing to see if the things it made a difference in terms of feeling input lag. So far so good, but it feels pretty ridiculous to be playing on a 16 inch CRT right next to my big HDTV.

I'm looking into getting an actual decent monitor for fighting games. Does anybody have recommendations? It doesn't have to be big, just low input lag. I'd rather be below $250 if possible.

Also if anybody wants to play KoFXIII let me know, I'm just north of Buffalo NY.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

third strike

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
UMVC3's opening is unconventional as hell but it's probably one of my favorites.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
replace all the heads with vergil and zero and its actually representative

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
Where are the stills from the extended trailer

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Sucks how they just kinda forgot to put the full intro in the game.

Also sucks how both SF4 and SFxT took their cool CG trailers than smashed em together into a terrible music video.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Gutcruncher posted:

Sucks how they just kinda forgot to put the full intro in the game.

Also sucks how both SF4 and SFxT took their cool CG trailers than smashed em together into a terrible music video.

Don't remind me of the SFxT trailers that poo poo pains my soul

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghzBQn6QI6s

It's kind of sad just how sick the SFxT trailers were and how wet a fart the actual game was

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Those SFXT trailers were fuckin great

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

IT'S YOU

KEN MASTERS

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Baal posted:

Those SFXT trailers were fuckin great

this is my town

IT'S MY TOWN IT'S MY TOWN IT'S MY TOWN

yeah, agreed

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
If the STREET FIGHTER FIVE CINEMATIC STORY MODE shows at least half the character the SFxT trailers had, as opposed to whatever the gently caress the current 'story' modes are supposed to be, it could actually do really well.

Also if it was included in the game on release instead of the now inevitable delay into 2017.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

If the STREET FIGHTER FIVE CINEMATIC STORY MODE shows at least half the character the SFxT trailers had, as opposed to whatever the gently caress the current 'story' modes are supposed to be, it could actually do really well.

Also if it was included in the game on release instead of the now inevitable delay into 2017.

I mean, if SFV had an arcade mode and whatever mediocre story mode we'll get, the backlash against the game would've been SO much smaller. Instead: http://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-will-prioritize-completeness-in-future-releases/

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dias posted:

I mean, if SFV had an arcade mode and whatever mediocre story mode we'll get, the backlash against the game would've been SO much smaller. Instead: http://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-will-prioritize-completeness-in-future-releases/

"rushing a game makes it bad"

HOLY poo poo YOU'RE A loving GENIUS

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

they had nothing to lose other than a bad quarterly report from just doing 4 more months of beta. real unforced error.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

they had nothing to lose other than a bad quarterly report from just doing 4 more months of beta. real unforced error.

They should've made this the last year of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the CPT. This game needed more than 4 extra months worth of work.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

It's so weird to see this from the company that also makes Monster Hunter, one of the most insanely dense series of releases in gaming and they churn out one every year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

In Training posted:

It's so weird to see this from the company that also makes Monster Hunter, one of the most insanely dense series of releases in gaming and they churn out one every year

Are Japanese game companies the same way they used to be where even within companies different teams shy away from sharing talent, knowledge, and advice?