Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Went from

to

Aw yeah look at those swirls shine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

I can't tell what to :allears: at more; the GLH or that 'stache

Post more pictures of both. Never stop.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

Nice GLH. Shame you can't drive it within 1000 yards of schools and parks

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.
Wait, that's a real moustache?

I thought it was a stick-on.

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
I'm on my phone but loving dying laughing at a baseball game hahaha

e: my wife wants to make it clear that yes that is absolutely a real mustache going on 2 years now

streetlamp fucked around with this message at 01:34 on May 10, 2016

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
You don't need no stinkin' hatch.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA
First ever autocross day.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Night Danger Moose posted:

First ever autocross day.

Good luck!!

Did you remove the Assembled in Michigan sticker? :smith:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

fyodor posted:

Good luck!!

Did you remove the Assembled in Michigan sticker? :smith:

Slowest times overall but I improved every lap. Pretty satisfied.

I never had one, there's a silver FoST in the club with one though I think.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

streetlamp posted:

oh ya i have been meaning to post, I got an 85 omni GLH with 68k miles and is absolutely the best condition GLH I have personally seen. I love 80s turbo dodge poo poo and one in this condition is like an attainable dream car for me

There's a guy on my street with a Dodge Omni that I'm pretty positive he bought new. It's in pretty much perfect physical condition.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

New ride!

1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 coupe with only 115k original kilometres on it. New brakes, new tires, recently serviced transmission and electrical. Only one previous owner, who bought a crossover because, in his words, "a V6 coupe isn't as useful when you have a toddler and a newborn". $3500 CAD.

I spent the last four hours washing and waxing and washing and waxing since it had been sitting almost completely unused for the last two years. And looking at the algae and crap that was in the door jambs, I don't think it was washed during that time once. :stonk:

MrOnBicycle
Jan 18, 2008
Wait wat?

Kazinsal posted:

New ride!

1999 Honda Accord EX-V6 coupe with only 115k original kilometres on it. New brakes, new tires, recently serviced transmission and electrical. Only one previous owner, who bought a crossover because, in his words, "a V6 coupe isn't as useful when you have a toddler and a newborn". $3500 CAD.

I spent the last four hours washing and waxing and washing and waxing since it had been sitting almost completely unused for the last two years. And looking at the algae and crap that was in the door jambs, I don't think it was washed during that time once. :stonk:

Wow that looks really great. What's the inside like?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

MrOnBicycle posted:

Wow that looks really great. What's the inside like?

Incredibly clean. Dark grey/black leather interior. It needs an air freshener or some airing out time, though, since it smells kind of stale after sitting for so long.

The automatic climate control works, too. And for the winter, heated seats :getin:

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Picked up this spankin' new '16 Jetta S and parked it pretty hard. Has the new 1.4T and a 5 speed. Drives great!

Spades
Sep 18, 2011

It took me six loving months to get this thing imported to New Zealand but it's here and I can immediately attest to it being ten times more car than anyone would ever need for any purpose.

Also, between this, the DC5 Type R and the undying crustacean that is the carbed/wooden manifolded/brush painted VK Commodore I think I need to start a thread soon.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Spades posted:

It took me six loving months to get this thing imported to New Zealand but it's here and I can immediately attest to it being ten times more car than anyone would ever need for any purpose.

Also, between this, the DC5 Type R and the undying crustacean that is the carbed/wooden manifolded/brush painted VK Commodore I think I need to start a thread soon.

Gah! My loins!

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Spades posted:

Nice! They are so pants shittingly fast I can't see how it will ever be usable on the street. I love how they look though. :) Enjoy scaring all of your friends.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Spades posted:

You're now the coolest person in New Zealand.

You should put a plaque on your desk saying so.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

Spades posted:

hot drat

its like driving the terminator

have fun!

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
So, I was thinking I might make a project thread for the various cars as they stand if anyone's interested.

I imagine for Americans the DC5 is far more interesting than a Z06 so I will try not to waffle too much about cooled seats all day long.

Also the Commodore powered by rust and a seething hatred of living creatures everywhere seems to always entertain when I post it the terrible thread.

Sound of any interest?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Yes please! And yeah the DC5 is more interesting to me because scarcity.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Spades posted:

So, I was thinking I might make a project thread for the various cars as they stand if anyone's interested.

The answer to this is always yes.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Cool, when I get home tonight I'll dredge up some various photos and put together a dad story or two.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Spades posted:

I imagine for Americans the DC5 is far more interesting than a Z06 so I will try not to waffle too much about cooled seats all day long.

Also the Commodore powered by rust and a seething hatred of living creatures everywhere seems to always entertain when I post it the terrible thread.

Sound of any interest?

Spades posted:

Cool, when I get home tonight I'll dredge up some various photos and put together a dad story or two.

:justpost:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

If you (try to) build it, they will come (read).

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I guess the DC5 is rare, just don't let telling stories about your Integra get in the way of you making new stories (and photos, and video) with that 650hp new car you have. The fact that I'm American does not make it boring in the least unless you do like most Corvette owners here do and drive it exactly the speed limit to and from your bingo game on Saturdays.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Wanna hear all about the DC5R cause I want one too

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
So I just signed the papers for a Celica GTS.

77 K miles, first car I've owned in a while, do believe I'd qualify my level of excitement to pick this up as "hilarious."

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

'Come with me if you want to live'

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SilvergunSuperman posted:

77 K miles, first car I've owned in a while, do believe I'd qualify my level of excitement to pick this up as "hilarious."

Celica club! I knew it wouldn't be too long after emasculating myself for someone else in AI to get one.

Itchy Itchiford
Apr 5, 2009

mmhmm

Spades posted:

Sound of any interest?

I'm American and I love all things Holden. The DC5R is just icing on the cake.

I will own a C7 Corvette. Some day...

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Celica club! I knew it wouldn't be too long after emasculating myself for someone else in AI to get one.

Hey man, it's no Miata/Tiburon at least, right?

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
Aight, I've posted my shaggy dog stories here - http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776650

And here's the DC5 for those who don't want to click:

Hansolio
Nov 4, 2009

I W A N T M Y M T V

It looks like that's the 'Tsunami' edition, but it's missing the front bumper from the kit. It looks like this:

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right

Nice, we have the same engine! That 2zz really grabs you by the balls when the lift kicks in, huh?

Calus
Jan 7, 2016

You heard right
1986 Toyota MR2, 2zz swap with 6 speed. Long term project.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

Holy gently caress. :flashfap:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Picked this up pretty cheaply for a project today. In the short term it needs shifter bushings, a manual window regulator and handle, a valve cover gasket, and it should really use a stock intake instead of the hot-air job that's on there. All those parts minus the intake are on order. Plans for tomorrow include removing all the stickers from the back windows and trying something silly with an exhaust I have laying around. It's also getting a gauge cluster from a model with a tach...

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 20, 2016

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Nice! Those things handle hilariously well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasonF
Aug 22, 2005

these bitches r kicking me?wow wook wookfuk u

Calus posted:

1986 Toyota MR2, 2zz swap with 6 speed. Long term project.

Yay, another AW11 owner! I've always thought about a 2ZZ swap, but it always seemed like it was too much work for the price. Yours is sweet though. What transmission are you using? I have two Supercharged AW11s and an n/a that I've completely built the engine on and plan on going turbo later on down the line. I want to do a 2GR-FE V6 swap into one of them eventually.
My newest SC:

MasonF fucked around with this message at 03:31 on May 20, 2016