Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
I am fighting a losing battle against.. socks.

I am married, I used to live a happy life, long ago, my life was great, it still is - the times I can remember the past... But now. I am at war.
At war with SOCKS. Finding socks has become a war, a scavanger hunt, a lost cause. And if you think finding socks are bad?
Try finding a matching pair of socks without drool. To begin with it started rather subtle, small signs..
Maybe a sock was shifted abit, under the bed beside the other sock perhaps.. small things you wouldn't' normaly notice too much..
Then it was the washing machine.. maybe a sock would hide inside pants, other things, or even inside another sock (sock cannibalism, just goes so show how hosed up they are).. just so that when they suddenly started to dissappear COMPLETELY you would look for hours through your washed clothes in vain trying to find them, lulling you into a safe security "we are here somewhere"..
Well, let me tell you something: THEY ARE NOT.

Worse yet is that the socks now have allied themselves with the dog. It's become open warfare... The dog will find socks, throw them kamikaze style at your feet, hide them behind sofa's in preperation for what I can only asume is a grand assault and ambush.

What I am trying to say is:

I need help. Someone. Please.
Tell our parents we love them.
Help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bong

by Shine
lol!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Matoi Ryuko

Two words Uxzuigal: Sock Magnet. I have one and it's never let me down!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

My cat is a natural sock herder, and keeps all of our socks in line

misty mountaintop

by Hand Knit
The socks are surely meeting in secret, somewhere beyond your knowledge, to plan your destruction. Your response must be in two parts.

1) Infiltration. You must learn of your enemy's plans by either spying or subterfuge.

a) Spying may be of two kinds: scouting, or a double agent.

i) Scouting. Buy a pair of new socks. Cultivate the loyalty of one of the socks by giving it gifts and honors on the one hand, and threatening its partner on the other. Keep the partner close, always on your foot. This will ensure the loyalty of your spy. Drop your spy behind the couch.

ii) Double agent. When a single sock returns mysteriously, you can be sure that it is a spy for the enemy. You may convert this sock to a double agent, but it must be done carefully because the enemy will no doubt be holding its partner hostage, just as you do with your spies. Double agents can be recruited to your side only by passionate belief or greed. Both require that you treat them in excess of their station, placing them in the top drawer with your finest underwear and hand-washing them. In this way you can encourage their avarice and represent your cause as just. It is best to never let on that you know they are a spy. Let them reveal it to you themselves, and accept their confession with mercy and good humor. This is how you gain their trust.

b) Subterfuge. Knit a human-sized sock and crawl into it. Now throw yourself in the dryer. After enough cycles, you will eventually be transported to the socks' secret lair. Make sure to stay hydrated.

2) Defense. The socks must eventually attack or lose their followers to impatience. A good defensive strategy consists of two elements: delay and fortification.

a) Delay. To delay the enemy, reduce the size of his army through restricting his access to recruits and by avoiding a causus belli.

i) Restricting access to recruits. Do not wash your socks. Buy black socks in small numbers and use Febreze as needed. This will keep the socks from fleeing.

ii) Avoiding a causus belli. Walk around barefoot, or wearing flip-flops or sandals, loudly declaiming "I no longer need socks. I see now that it is better to be barefoot than to oppress the sock people." Meanwhile, you are plotting their destruction.

b) Fortification. Build a big gently caress-off castle around your bed. They're just socks. They're not going to get into a castle.

from The Art of Wear by Sock Tzu

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

1000 Sweaty Rikers

this is why I try to sort them into pairs post-wash. it's all I can do to prevent an odd sock uprising.

1000 Sweaty Rikers

if you isolate a sock, it will change colour and form until it bears no resemblance to it's former twin

Calus

You heard right
I wish socks would start dissapearing. I have to deal with the socks of ex lovers and girlfriends still hanging out in the drawer and reminding me that it's been ages since I last felt an intimate touch.

google THIS

misty mountaintop posted:

The socks are surely meeting in secret, somewhere beyond your knowledge, to plan your destruction. Your response must be in two parts.

1) Infiltration. You must learn of your enemy's plans by either spying or subterfuge.

i) Scouting. Buy a pair of new socks. Cultivate the loyalty of one of the socks by giving it gifts and honors on the one hand, and threatening its partner on the other. Keep the partner close, always on your foot. This will ensure the loyalty of your spy. Drop your spy behind the couch.

ii) Double agent. When a single sock returns mysteriously, you can be sure that it is a spy for the enemy. You may convert this sock to a double agent, but it must be done carefully because the enemy will no doubt be holding its partner hostage, just as you do with your spies. Double agents can be recruited to your side only by passionate belief or greed. Both require that you treat them in excess of their station, placing them in the top drawer with your finest underwear and hand-washing them. In this way you can encourage their avarice and represent your cause as just. It is best to never let on that you know they are a spy. Let them reveal it to you themselves, and accept their confession with mercy and good humor. This is how you gain their trust.

b) Subterfuge. Knit a human-sized sock and crawl into it. Now throw yourself in the dryer. After enough cycles, you will eventually be transported to the socks' secret lair. Make sure to stay hydrated.

2) Defense. The socks must eventually attack or lose their followers to impatience. A good defensive strategy consists of two elements: delay and fortification.

a) Delay. To delay the enemy, reduce the size of his army through restricting his access to recruits and by avoiding a causus belli.

i) Restricting access to recruits. Do not wash your socks. Buy black socks in small numbers and use Febreze as needed. This will keep the socks from fleeing.

ii) Avoiding a causus belli. Walk around barefoot, or wearing flip-flops or sandals, loudly declaiming "I no longer need socks. I see now that it is better to be barefoot than to oppress the sock people." Meanwhile, you are plotting their destruction.

b) Fortification. Build a big gently caress-off castle around your bed. They're just socks. They're not going to get into a castle.

alnilam

I Dunno

HighwireAct

Pozzo's Hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude
Thanks for the advice Misty mountaintop. I've tried a few of your tactics. While I appriciate the teachings of Sock Tzu, I fear that I am facing a far greater enemy than anyone could imagine.

Here is what happend:

1) Infiltration:
I bought a pair of Hello Kitty Socks for my son (don't ask), carefuly groomed them to become spies/double agents. I figured Hello Kitty was a good choise, inconspicuous, cute innocent. Two hours go by, nothing.. Third hour.. socks gone, next day.. they show up with slime and several holes in them.. Not even Hello Kitty is safe from these terrorist socks.

2) Double Agent:
No socks ever return, unless mauled to death.

3) Subterfuge:
This did not end well. I rather not talk about it. *looks around franticaly for dog with a big bone*

4)
I've made myself a pillow fort... But I am worried. One of the pillow covers/sheet are gone. I think they may be plotting with the socks. I am scared.

5) You are loving legendary misty.

<3 <3 Vanisher

• Locked thread