Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I can't wait for 7* Rey, personally.

I wish I was good enough to EVEN BEAT the Cantina battles that would allow me to start farming RG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Farming RG at 16 energy per pop is painful.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Farming RG at 16 energy per pop is painful.

Yeah, I'm glad they added some good heroes to farm in the newest cantina addition, but it is really slow. I think I average about 5-7 shards per day (with 1 cantina refresh), and then another 2 from hard mode shards for RG.

e: New guild policy for IGD: if you reach the end of the week and have no weekly guild coins contribution, you'll be removed unless you've PM'd me. I generally watch this thread, but, sometimes I miss posts, so just PM me.

Also, we have one opening, and if Hilarity doesn't come back or post or something, we'll have a second one.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 17, 2016

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

My character I put too many resources in is Lando. I only use him for the attackers challenge, but I put a bunch of time and resources into him that I should have just spent on fives

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TheTofuShop posted:

My character I put too many resources in is Lando. I only use him for the attackers challenge, but I put a bunch of time and resources into him that I should have just spent on fives

I read that he's hit or miss but I want to get an Ackbar/Luke/Han/Lando/Hoth Rebel Scout team a chance just to see how it will do. Hoth Rebel Scout seems bananas on a Rebel team with Leia but I think that team might be okay too.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

rabidsquid posted:

I read that he's hit or miss but I want to get an Ackbar/Luke/Han/Lando/Hoth Rebel Scout team a chance just to see how it will do. Hoth Rebel Scout seems bananas on a Rebel team with Leia but I think that team might be okay too.

Yeah, Ackbar led Han, Wedge, Leia, Scout sounds pretty insane. Too bad two of those are $$ only.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
My guilty toon is definitely my level 76, 7*, G8 Magmatrooper.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lol they stealth nerfed 5s. These guys...

I clearly don't understand game development.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I think this was previously a bug. But it's also a gigantic nerf. Oh well, guess I'll stop farming him in battles for now...glad I didn't spend the several million to get him from level 55 to 80.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

Now people will buy Echo! Who is like Fives but he has a big gun!

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Who loving sorted our spreadsheet?

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let our spreadsheet go now that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you, but if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:53 on May 17, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Literally... second post in the thread "oh poo poo dude, I sorted your spreadsheet"

Glad someone read my mistakes from a month+ ago and totes didn't learn from it.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Literally... second post in the thread "oh poo poo dude, I sorted your spreadsheet"

Glad someone read my mistakes from a month+ ago and totes didn't learn from it.

Also, the tab has it in caps.

e: Ok, I fixed it. You fuckers better not screw things up again.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:28 on May 18, 2016

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I think I'm out of gear to farm for and ready to just do the Credits event after I get my shards. My team I actually use and have leveled up basically all need gear you can only get from completing the raid. Which is kinda hard because I can barely keep up with our guild killing it.

I'm just happy I got Savage Opress and Barriss maxed out now. Once I level Opress up and maybe get Kylo Ren leveled up I can make the really bullshit full counter team I've been wanting to annoy people with.

Really sucked they nerfed Fives. And they're acting like it was a bug. It only lasted since they upped the cap from 70 to 80. "Oh no it's just a bug we're finally able to fix it"

Edit: Oh, and they never fixed the bug where FOST gets additional counter attacks for every bonus attack he takes, unlike any other counter-attack hero.

Ularg fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 18, 2016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
If someone starts the raid at 3 in the loving morning again, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off...

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So what changed with Fives? Does this mean I should stop doing his hard nodes?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

Previously if he applied slow on his first attack, he would attack a second time that turn. Now he only attacks twice if the target is slowed before he attacks/counters.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Dr. Venture posted:

He won't double attack with his omega level basic on the turn he applies speed down. So a bit less double attacking. I'm going to keep farming him, he's super tanky and it's still a strong ability.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Davethulhu posted:

He won't double attack with his omega level basic on the turn he applies speed down. So a bit less double attacking. I'm going to keep farming him, he's super tanky and it's still a strong ability.

And SUPER good for raids. Just not brokenly good in Arena.

Howdy
Jan 25, 2005
Yeah, there's almost zero chance Fives was ever intended to work that way, but these people can't seem to put lines of code in the proper order to save their loving lives. Basically the same "bug" that used to allow Offense Up for your team on first turn by using Qui-Gon's special on unbuffed Savage.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Any idea how they might integrate spaceships into this? Maybe it's just a tease and they'll never get around to it, since it seems like it would be a lot of :effort:

I don't think it would work to use them as a bombers during normal battles, that would just mess up the balance even more. But since that would require the least effort on their part that's probably what they'll do. They don't even have to make models for the ships since they'll be off-screen!

I guess they could use the combat format we have now, but instead of characters we have small fighter ships and instead of fighting on a plant it's in space. You'd assign a character to each fighter for a certain bonus, which is where the pilot characters would be useful. We could have a new raid event where you battle against one big capital ship.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

I guess they could use the combat format we have now, but instead of characters we have small fighter ships and instead of fighting on a plant it's in space. You'd assign a character to each fighter for a certain bonus, which is where the pilot characters would be useful. We could have a new raid event where you battle against one big capital ship.

That's what I expected. Or they'll have different sizes of ships, and you can use your characters to 'man' them. Yoda sitting on a turret in the Falcon while a Pig Guard flys it, and Sidious is repairing the engine.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

iGestalt posted:

That's what I expected. Or they'll have different sizes of ships, and you can use your characters to 'man' them. Yoda sitting on a turret in the Falcon while a Pig Guard flys it, and Sidious is repairing the engine.

Man that would be cool to have bigger ships with multiple character slots, but sounds like way too much effort for the developers. The scale of the ships is gonna be pretty funky.

EDIT: Ooooh wait the guild gets a capital ship as a base, with each person getting a slot on the bridge or turret. Then you could launch an attack on another guild's capital ship base with your fighter squads.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 10:01 on May 18, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
It might just be a dumb raid where you get more turns with more pilots.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Biggs has built in ship synergies...somewhere :regd09:

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Maybe everyone just gets a cool hat that looks like a spaceship and lights up

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Disco De Soto posted:

Maybe everyone just gets a cool hat that looks like a spaceship and lights up

This would be incredibly cool.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

The datamined ship data had effects on combat (like leader abilities sort of) as well as assist-like abilities where you called your team's ship in to attack.

I think some of the janky characters (Biggs, Plo, JKAnakin) only have halfkits because of ships.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

kaschei posted:

The datamined ship data had effects on combat (like leader abilities sort of) as well as assist-like abilities where you called your team's ship in to attack.

I think some of the janky characters (Biggs, Plo, JKAnakin) only have halfkits because of ships.

Wow didn't realize there was a long list of all the ships they had in mind: https://swgoh.gg/characters/unobtainable/

I know it doesn't mean much but some of the ships have descriptions that make it sound like they will be a separate battle mode.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

So.. Emperor Palpatine is probably going to be gained via a Sith event. Chewbacca via Scoundrel. Luce via nightsister?

Looking at the ships, I think it'll be a "This character gets this ship. Some ships need multiple characters". Falcon needs Han and Chewie, but you just need, say, Anakin for Anakin's Delta-7B.

iGestalt fucked around with this message at 14:55 on May 18, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
So Fives sucks now?

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

2 turn slow is always welcome in raids (jawa is sleeper competent BTW)

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
So. I'd like to advocate for a slightly later raid start time. For me the rancor was down to 75% of stage 4 when I checked in at 7:45 am. Maybe a morning pacific time start rather than at rollover?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I'm in QGJ and have no preference for when to start the raid since I'm never around to play it every single character refresh.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
QGJ raid start is bullshit right now, I'd prefer a noon EST kick-off than a 3:00am EST...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I hate the first tier of the raid so much.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Yeah mentioned this is chat the other day but wanted to throw this up here as well for IGD raid times - can we please rotate on a 36 hour schedule? This last T5 dropped in less than 8 hours.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

FelixReynolds posted:

Yeah mentioned this is chat the other day but wanted to throw this up here as well for IGD raid times - can we please rotate on a 36 hour schedule? This last T5 dropped in less than 8 hours.

I only managed to get 3 of my 5 fights in by being leaving for work 15 minutes late. Rancor was down by the time I got to work.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We'd previously been doing the late night/early morning start because it took us a whole reset to do the raid anyways. Now that we're doing it faster, I'm putting up a doodle. If you're in IGD and care about what time the Raid starts at, go here:
http://doodle.com/poll/2imb7479ns2w6md2

e: Also, I just started another raid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Well, what can you do? T5 is tuned for lvl 70 gear 8, of course it's going to die quick to lvl 77+ g9-10s.