Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I've done this myself when miscalculating that being fully laden had compressed the suspension enough not to get away with it. Luckily just sticking it in 4WD let me pull off.

nsaP posted:

I was on a ramp to the highway today where two lanes turn into one lane before you merge on the highway. Everyone was perfectly staggered, and the guy in the lane beside me and behind me decided to hit the gas. I had to brake as we went into the merge. He then just stayed behind the car in front of me as we hit the next interchange.

Why?
Because he got ahead of you. That makes him one car length better than you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Who pissed on PCOS Bill's chips?

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Arcella posted:

I wonder what the story behind CLAMS is, but also I just want it to be that he/she wanted a vanity plate and just likes clams :backtowork:

OBGYN?

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

88h88 posted:

Who pissed on PCOS Bill's chips?

He seems to do that to himself with some frequency.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Raluek posted:

He seems to do that to himself with some frequency.

Yeah, was going to say that's pretty much him on all the days that end in "Y."

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Apparently it's okay to run over children if you think they have not stopped at a stop sign long enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqLODHaAnGY

Honestly this guy had his face buried in his phone and wasn't even looking.

I reacted poorly, as did my passanger.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

nitrogen posted:

Apparently it's okay to run over children if you think they have not stopped at a stop sign long enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FqLODHaAnGY

Honestly this guy had his face buried in his phone and wasn't even looking.

I reacted poorly, as did my passanger.

Maybe it was the perspective, but it looked to me like he gave them well over half the intersection of clearance. At no point did it look like he was in any danger of running them over, but dashcam fisheye lenses can be deceiving.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

He was only a few feet from them. The scarier thing, and you can't really see, is he's not even looking at the road. He's looking at his phone.

Besides, the law states you don't enter an intersection until it's clear. I could possibly see cutting it close if it's other cars around, but not kids. I wasn't even sure if he knew there were children there.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/Pp3GhSX.gifv

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Not a HUGE deal, but this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO2OppKqxhg

Dallas PD camps out and pops people for making that right turn constantly. My office overlooks that street, and from 7-10am, its a steady stream of DPD action when they are camping out.

There is absolutely no way that you can think making that right is safe. You have less than no visibility.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

When this baby hits 88 miles per hour it's going to be a pile of poo poo.

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!
Kind of amazed that it took that sort of beating but somehow managed to maintain its alignment. Almost like it was lifted 30' in the air, turned upside down and dropped.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
today i saw a guy in a brotruck with a big NIH sticker on the back window. i have no idea what it means to him, maybe its some terrible rock band or something, but i want to think he is really loving enthusiastic about the National Institute of Health

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Are you sure it wasn't

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/itx4eZL.webm

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bug slug!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
much like the rider, didnt see that coming.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Unsafe at any speed!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Some dingbat yesterday morning tried to left turn the wrong way into a one way then upon realizing her mistake just stopped in the middle of oncoming traffic. Me.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
So last week I was driving around in South Africa and was surprised how well people behaved on the road, definitely 1st world level.

Except, that is, the minivan taxi drivers. I know they have a lovely reputation everywhere but these guys were consistently above and beyond. Blowing through red lights, making left turns from the rightmost lane and vice versa, cutting everyone off, etc. It's like they were transplanted from an entirely different environment. Which they possibly were. I'll see if I caught something on camera at some point.

Oh, and me, I'm the guy occasionally turning into the loving oncoming lane when there's no other traffic available for reference.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Nevvy Z posted:

Some dingbat yesterday morning tried to left turn the wrong way into a one way then upon realizing her mistake just stopped in the middle of oncoming traffic. Me.

Hope you're alright.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl posted:

So last week I was driving around in South Africa and was surprised how well people behaved on the road, definitely 1st world level.

Except, that is, the minivan taxi drivers. I know they have a lovely reputation everywhere but these guys were consistently above and beyond. Blowing through red lights, making left turns from the rightmost lane and vice versa, cutting everyone off, etc. It's like they were transplanted from an entirely different environment. Which they possibly were. I'll see if I caught something on camera at some point.

Oh, and me, I'm the guy occasionally turning into the loving oncoming lane when there's no other traffic available for reference.

That's how minivan taxi drivers are in Pittsburgh

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

mobby_6kl posted:

And turning on the windshield wipers when you want to indicate a turn, be honest.

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

mobby_6kl posted:

Except, that is, the minivan taxi drivers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIl5p6gPWjg

a classic.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Javid posted:

Are you sure it wasn't

absolutely sure because i thought it was that at first but then i got behind them and was like :confused: thats not a nine inch nails sticker

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

:allbuttons:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
somehow I'm surprised a moped can outrun an ACVW. Not sure why.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Saw this gem of a parking job the other night while meeting a friend for dinner.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Saw this gem of a parking job the other night while meeting a friend for dinner.

The parking lot is lava

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Handsome Ralph posted:

If it's just decorative and not sidewalk I would totally do this.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Handsome Ralph posted:

Is there stairs in front of him? If not then why not... I'd park there too.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Nope, no staircase in front of the car. The parking lot does get busy but I've never seen it full enough to necessitate this (and there are several lots surrounding it). Also it's at a pretty popular bar/restaurant, so maybe alcohol was involved.

Then again, why park like a pauper when you can park like a king? :rolleye:

EDIT: On second thought, they used to have trees/bushes in that spot up until a few years ago. Not sure why they're gone now though.

Handsome Ralph fucked around with this message at 20:18 on May 18, 2016

Dave Inc.
Nov 26, 2007
Let's have a drink!

Handsome Ralph posted:

Nope, no staircase in front of the car. The parking lot does get busy but I've never seen it full enough to necessitate this (and there are several lots surrounding it). Also it's at a pretty popular bar/restaurant, so maybe alcohol was involved.

Then again, why park like a pauper when you can park like a king? :rolleye:

EDIT: On second thought, they used to have trees/bushes in that spot up until a few years ago. Not sure why they're gone now though.

I would go out of my way to park on that thing. I'm also the guy that parks on top of snow/ice piles in parking lots when there are still open spots around.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Dave Inc. posted:

I would go out of my way to park on that thing. I'm also the guy that parks on top of snow/ice piles in parking lots when there are still open spots around.
Ditto. Parking on things is fun, and there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're not causing damage or obstructing things.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Krakkles posted:

Ditto. Parking on things is fun, and there's nothing wrong with it as long as you're not causing damage or obstructing things.

Eh, I would be a little concerned about the possibility of your 4 wheel drive vehicle sliding sideways unintentionally when parking on a snow hill.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Crotch Fruit posted:

Eh, I would be a little concerned about the possibility of your 4 wheel drive vehicle sliding sideways unintentionally when parking on a snow hill.

Typically if you can get the vehicle on top of the snow it's not going to move unless some other force acts on it. At least until you get beyond its shear strength.. at which point yeah, you're boned. :v:

What actually ends up happening is bro truck high centers on the berm he was trying to conquer. Which he of course tries to solve by spinning all four wheels with the engine banging off the limiter, securing his fate.

"No man put the cables away I got this."

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

Sucks that you feel that way, but my cars don't move once I've parked them.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Krakkles posted:

With the VW av, this statement makes perfect sense.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007

Krakkles posted:

I am referring to when the bro truck is trying to mount or dismount said snow pile, depending on the hill size, I could see a bro truck messing and sliding sideways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Crotch Fruit posted:

I am referring to when the bro truck is trying to mount or dismount said snow pile, depending on the hill size, I could see a bro truck messing and sliding sideways.
Ah. I don't drive a bro truck, and your post, with the quote of my post and the phrase "your (vehicle)", didn't make that clear.

You're absolutely right that a lot of people do that, though.