Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

FanaticalMilk posted:

They should've made this the last year of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the CPT. This game needed more than 4 extra months worth of work.

They should've pushed back the release but released this product as a closed beta for people who preordered the digital version. Digital sales are hard to impossible to refund on PSN anyway, it's not like they would've lost a lot of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

FanaticalMilk posted:

They should've made this the last year of Ultra Street Fighter IV for the CPT. This game needed more than 4 extra months worth of work.

this game should have just been put into the trash and remade. maybe selling less than sfxt will convince them to try making a good game instead of a baby game next time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dias posted:

I mean, if SFV had an arcade mode and whatever mediocre story mode we'll get, the backlash against the game would've been SO much smaller. Instead: http://www.pcgamer.com/capcom-will-prioritize-completeness-in-future-releases/

Whoa you mean we need to release a finished product that works properly to make money like we did multiple times over the course of the last console generation?

WHO WOULD'VE loving THOUGHT

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Zand posted:

this game should have just been put into the trash and remade. maybe selling less than sfxt will convince them to try making a good game instead of a baby game next time

Most likely it means they will make no games, other than monster hunter.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax

Luceid posted:

it's everyone's right to be the worst and i'll die to defend it

all worstboys close enough to Romania to play soku with me (Golden Battler is somewhere in Canada and it's fine at delay 4) hit me up so we can enable eachother's worstness

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

Sade posted:

Most likely it means they will make no games, other than monster hunter.

And they'll focus more on that sweet pachislot money.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
When is Balrog coming

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

why are their colors backwards

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
same reason ryu has taffy feet

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Dresh posted:

And they'll focus more on that sweet pachislot money.

Pachislot isn't profitable anymore because of Japanese gambling reforms. There's a reason why SNK left the Patchislot market. Konami hosed themselves by going full pachinko like a month before it happened

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

Pachislot isn't profitable anymore because of Japanese gambling reforms. There's a reason why SNK left the Patchislot market. Konami hosed themselves by going full pachinko like a month before it happened
yeah, seeing those gambling reforms immediately after konami burned every bridge in the world was the funniest poo poo

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

What was changed with the reforms? I can't find any recent articles about it.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

What was changed with the reforms? I can't find any recent articles about it.

Legalization of straight Pachislot gambling, which means a hefty tax on it

edit: In case you don't know about pachislot-- the way it works is, you play for small balls with a number on it, which you can trade for prizes. It just so happens that pachislot parlors have a pawn shop attached to it where you can trade this prize for an amount of money. No gambling there, no sir

Smoking Crow fucked around with this message at 17:12 on May 18, 2016

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

It's heavily taxed and regulated now, which means there's less money in it. It'll still be an industry, but you can't just slap game footage onto a pachislot machine and turn a profit.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

Zand posted:

I dunno I get the sense that Capcom (/Japanese companies) have such a loving insane amount of hubris that they refuse to connect the dots on this poo poo. When you make a game like SFxT and then say it did badly because the FG market is saturated, it's hard to imagine it being possible to ever recognize when you've actually just made a lovely game.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Discover the Art of Street Fighter Vs Unmoving Shimmy in this Tutorial from PAN
NEWSTUTORIALSVIDEOS May 18, 2016 0 Comments

Anyone whos clocked some hours in Street Fighter V is likely familiar with a technique known as the shimmy. This...
READ MORE

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

dangerdoom volvo posted:

Discover the Art of Street Fighter Vs Unmoving Shimmy in this Tutorial from PAN
NEWSTUTORIALSVIDEOS May 18, 2016 0 Comments

Anyone whos clocked some hours in Street Fighter V is likely familiar with a technique known as the shimmy. This...
READ MORE

That guysa genius, imo

e: he's also the Ken Howitzer guy

WorldIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:00 on May 18, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Unmoving shimmy.

This is what we've come to.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

why is the throw range so loving smaaaaaalllllllll

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
has there ever been a good 2d fg with bad throws

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Pomp posted:

why is the throw range so loving smaaaaaalllllllll

I brought up SFV's throw ranges a couple times at locals and was told "throws are fine, that's just your opinion"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Pomp posted:

Aren't normal throws in Melty Blood poo poo?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I'm pretty sure Chipp's throw range is worse than that

He just moves roughly ten times faster than the average SFV character

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

weeaboo greased lightning

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Yeah Xrd throw range is short but I mean it's kinda totally different because there's no startup, no whiffing, (intentionally) teching out isn't a thing. and lots of them lead right into combos.

Reminder to self: learn to setup more throws in GG.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 18, 2016

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
uniel has two button throws with startup and you can get frame advantage for teching

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Pomp posted:

mycot posted:

Hey, you got here before me!

At least in MB you can do so much stupid poo poo that even a bad throw is an option. And you can combo off some of them!

Bad throws are one of the things I really hate about SFV. It feeling terrible to play footsies between buttons with hurtboxes being wider than hitboxes, the whole 8f fiasco (which to be fair is the one thing that keeps SFV an offensive game) and backtech annoying me more than backdashing complete the list.

It did get rid of FADC, low-risk high-reward conversions into vortexes and 1f links, I suppose.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

low-risk high-reward "vortexes" are good tho

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Pomp posted:

Marvel 2

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

low-risk high-reward "vortexes" are good tho

I'm glad you liked SF4, and those were legit "vortexes", sunshine.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'm not saying they weren't real "vortexes" i'm saying calling oki "vortex" is stupid lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

mycot posted:

to be fair 95% of melty blood takes place in the air

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

i'm not saying they weren't real "vortexes" i'm saying calling oki "vortex" is stupid lol

Saying vortex is stupid but using okizeme isn't. Dang.

Especially when you consider people use vortex for mixup that leads to knockdown that leads to mixup, and okizeme is just the mixup part. I dunno, of all terms to get pedantic about, I don't get that one, especially when you wanna call it "oki".

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pomp posted:

IIRC throw range in Vampire Savior is incredibly short

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Dias posted:

Saying vortex is stupid but using okizeme isn't. Dang.

Especially when you consider people use vortex for mixup that leads to knockdown that leads to mixup, and okizeme is just the mixup part. I dunno, of all terms to get pedantic about, I don't get that one, especially when you wanna call it "oki".

it's possible that i might just be loving with you to gently caress with you lol

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

inthesto posted:

IIRC throw range in Vampire Savior is incredibly short

short range one button throws are ok in fast offense heavy games imo

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

NecroMonster posted:

it's possible that i might just be loving with you to gently caress with you lol

good job, puppetmaster

Zand posted:

short range one button throws are ok in fast offense heavy games imo

Yeah, the lack of range is counteracted by the fact that you can't whiff a throw anyway and they come out fast as hell.

At least SF5 isn't SFxT. Remember those throws? Geez.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
arent they kinda the same. i never really played sfxt

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

dangerdoom volvo posted:

arent they kinda the same. i never really played sfxt

They managed to be worse. Same issues apply, except they were 7f and laughably low damage for the game. The revision made them eat up grey damage, so at least they had a use then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Throws aren't even a thing in soku, though some characters have command grabs that range from bad to decent.