Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Darkfall posted on their forums that they've suspended deleting accounts and will be reverting any accounts that were affected.

Darkfall posted:

More information:

The deleting process has been halted and all affected accounts will be reverted. This process might take a while, but your accounts will be returned to normal status soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

GaistHeidegger posted:

Darkfall posted on their forums that they've suspended deleting accounts and will be reverting any accounts that were affected.

doesn't this mean they're breaking the law?

lmfao at this, who OKs deleting hundreds if not thousands of accounts without the foresight to sent out ANY kind of notification? I've gotten far, far more warning for lovely random forums accounts I made 5 years ago when I was searching for a tech support problem and not something I spent actual money on.

Looking at reddit, here, and their official forums, I guess I'm glad I'm not alone.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Yeah, this whole thing was handled very poorly. People running Kickstarters don't seem to get that you can't send any vital communication through those updates because a lot of people don't have time to sift through all the emails they get spammed with.

Especially when you also advertise the loving Ghostbusters board game in those same updates.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

The last email I received about Hex was about the Frost Ring Arena, back in April last year. And yes, I checked my spam folder.

Credit to Gameforge though, they were champs and restored my account within an hour of submitting my support ticket.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey Irony.Or.Death, my best availability is evenings mountain time, but let me know what works for you. In game name: KingBurgundy

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

ImpactVector posted:

Yeah, this whole thing was handled very poorly. People running Kickstarters don't seem to get that you can't send any vital communication through those updates because a lot of people don't have time to sift through all the emails they get spammed with.

Especially when you also advertise the loving Ghostbusters board game in those same updates.

I even posted a week ago on the official forums saying "you all are handling this really poorly, it is going to blow up in your face" and got a bunch of Pollyannaish replies.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
As a non-Kickstarter rando who was basically just hanging on to an account in hopes of better PvE-type stuff appearing in the future, I got the "Your HEX account has been permanently deleted" and went ":confuoot: well I guess they don't want my possible future money". No notifications or anything.

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I even posted a week ago on the official forums saying "you all are handling this really poorly, it is going to blow up in your face" and got a bunch of Pollyannaish replies.

Yep, I've seen I think Mach post about it more than once on Reddit as well and the community replies mostly seemed to be along the lines of "they sent out a notification months ago, quit being a troll, it's fine."

Yet here we are now.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Yeah, I'm normally quick to defend HXE, but they goofed pretty bad on communicating this. They should have at bare minimum done 1 month, 2 week, and 1 week direct email notices to affected accounts.

Thankfully the damage isn't going to be very bad, since they are able to restore accounts.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Thrawn200 posted:

Yep, I've seen I think Mach post about it more than once on Reddit as well and the community replies mostly seemed to be along the lines of "they sent out a notification months ago, quit being a troll, it's fine."

Yet here we are now.

Bear in mind, these are the same people who answered what in my opinion were very legitimate concerns about account bans for kickstarter backers in the EULA with threats of forum bans. I never had a second account, but since I was in for $500 I'd be pretty drat insistent about getting a clear answer on that front as well if things were vague about getting my account banned.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I have lost to Orabilis 2/0 in Round 1 of the Awful Tournament. Video should be around soon.

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
I beat FillinTheBlank for our game in the Awful Tourney. Triple free turn Exiled Bard did the heavy lifting. I should of maindecked some Buccaneers for this guy.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I'm an idiot and forgot to enable sound but here's the quick match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kljvDkBXG0

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I've been running Arena with a slightly altered dwarves deck from the OP. Finally got Urunaaz, got three very poo poo hands, and got absolutely stomped on. Then The same happened with Xarlox Broodlord in the final match. What a way to ruin a perfect run.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
Just came to this thread, because I got an email about my account deleted. Read the past few pages, and saw this is already being discussed. One thing I couldn't tell was do I need to submit a support ticket or will it just be restored automatically now?

I don't really play this game anymore, but I did play when it came out, and I spent 50 dollars on the kickstarter and on tournaments when I started, so to just delete my 50-75 dollar account seems like a really lovely move.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Megasabin posted:

Just came to this thread, because I got an email about my account deleted. Read the past few pages, and saw this is already being discussed. One thing I couldn't tell was do I need to submit a support ticket or will it just be restored automatically now?

I don't really play this game anymore, but I did play when it came out, and I spent 50 dollars on the kickstarter and on tournaments when I started, so to just delete my 50-75 dollar account seems like a really lovely move.

Should probably already be restored. But now make sure to login and accept the new terms of service so they don't delete it when they try again.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It sounds like they already restored all deleted accounts. Just login now

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
If I understand the situation correctly, the only accounts that haven't been restored are the ones where people made new accounts with the same email address to complain on the forum about their old account being deleted.

In that case, they can't simply restore the old account because it would overwrite the new one (and imagine a whole new stink when some idiot bought who plat on their new account for some reason complains that their new plat was stolen from them when it was replaced by their old plat), so it's taking a bit longer.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
If you wanted to be cynical about it you could say they did a great job communicating this because now everyone whose account was un-deleted will login whereas the warnings it would be deleted in the future might get ignored :downs:

But yea the usernames are literally email address' no reason they couldn't have directly reached out, hopefully whoever they get as the new CM will be all over that poo poo

(Congrats on the new job Blinkman, where-ever that might be :))

I've been distracted lately with other garbage so haven't been doing much hexing / keeping up with stuff - that'll probably continue for a while longer but good luck everyone in the Awful Tournament!

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Yea this email really shocked me, I was worried my account had been hacked or something.

Looks like it has been fully restored though, and that there's still a bunch of Kickstarter rewards that they have not done yet. Game does seem to be getting better though! Maybe I'll play for a while cause of all this.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anyone got a beginners guide to sealed or something. Just started playing since my friend gifted me 2k plat to start off.

edit: draft, rather

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 19, 2016

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

GaistHeidegger posted:

Yeah, my friend tried logging on on the 12th and his account was fine. Still, I wouldn't wait any longer than you need to.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Anyone got a beginners guide to sealed or something. Just started playing since my friend gifted me 2k plat to start off.

edit: draft, rather

Go on twitch and watch drafts, that's probably the best thing you can do besides drafting yourself. Fiveshards has reviews of the latest set which you might find helpful. High level draft strategy is similar to Magic: The Gathering, so articles on that can be helpful and are way more plentiful. The official Hex website has a guide but it barely mentions your curve, which is, like, super important.

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 19, 2016

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
FiveShards also has a guide on basic draft strategy. I haven't watched it, but Infamousneo is a strong player, so it should be solid.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Irony.Or.Death, my best availability is evenings mountain time, but let me know what works for you. In game name: KingBurgundy

Mountain evening is a little late for me on weeknights, but should work fine Saturday if you'll be around then. Snoggins in game. Are you signed up for the slack channel? I'm usually idling in there.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Irony.or.Death posted:

Mountain evening is a little late for me on weeknights, but should work fine Saturday if you'll be around then. Snoggins in game. Are you signed up for the slack channel? I'm usually idling in there.

Yeah, in the slack, but I don't check it super often. Sending you a message now just in case it isn't too late.

I can make other times work, depending on what works best for you. Like at lunch or what have you.

But if nothing else, late Saturday would be fine.

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Moon Monster, I sent you a PM about our match. My in game name is Esotericist, feel free to shoot me a PM over the forums or message me in game. I'm also usually in the slack channel most nights.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

KingBurgundy beats me 2-0, but at least I got to do this:

On Burgundy's side, that's a Bard, a Golden Avenger, and a...I think Princess Victoria? I forget the third thing. On my side, several chants and Wild Children become:

Unfortunately, he recovered by drawing and then playing more cards before I could finish him off. Cosmic Transmogrifier is not a very good card.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Played my games with Irony.or.Death.

I won the match 2-0.

First game I thought for sure I was a goner because he got off an amazing cosmic transmog which changed my awesome 3 troops into garbage and did really great things for his side of the board. (preview edit, I see he posted a great screenshot of that) But eventually my bard/unique synergy turned things around.

I think in general, both games, I got some of my best draws possible. I did end up with Army of Myth and Born of the Flame as mostly dead cards in my hand though. Never really had an opportunity to cast them.

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Irony.or.Death posted:

KingBurgundy beats me 2-0, but at least I got to do this:

On Burgundy's side, that's a Bard, a Golden Avenger, and a...I think Princess Victoria? I forget the third thing. On my side, several chants and Wild Children become:

Unfortunately, he recovered by drawing and then playing more cards before I could finish him off. Cosmic Transmogrifier is not a very good card.

Verdant chant + cosmic is a cool combo. Congrats on living the dream.

I've recorded all the wins. Keep it coming! :)

Afgad
Dec 24, 2006

Ask me about delicious soy products.

Orabilis posted:

I beat FillinTheBlank for our game in the Awful Tourney. Triple free turn Exiled Bard did the heavy lifting. I should of maindecked some Buccaneers for this guy.

How does this even happen??

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
Do not comment on the content of that email
Do not comment on the co...

Ok, I'm good now.

It was good to see Darkfall step up. He's well intentioned, loves HEX, and genuinely wants to help open channels of communication. I hope they hire an additional CM soon.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Afgad posted:

How does this even happen??

Tale of Destiny

Orabilis
May 6, 2014
Biske beat me 2-0 after I made questionable mulligan choices and forgot to sub in my interrupts. The Coyotle deck was nicely tied together with removal, counters, drawing, and action cost reduction., cheers on picking All in the Family as one of the cards.

As a note, don't play a Lord after making the Triumvirate, you'll just blow up it up.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Seconding InfamousNeo for learning to draft. He is a bit smug, but he does a decent job of explaining to his audience what he is doing. I have actually played against him in several drafts while he was streaming, but I resisted the urge to watch him play against me. I think I have beaten him once (but I am mediocre at best). I know when I see him that his deck is going to be tight, and often it uses cards together I wouldn't have thought of before. He knows his stuff.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Blinkman987 posted:

Do not comment on the co...

Ok, I'm good now.

You tease... Is it good or bad at least? I was doing a good job of restraining myself from asking about insider Hex stuff or why you didn't get a send off like Phenteo considering you were just as recognizable, but now you are asking for it :).

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.
The email to which I speak is the one people got when their accounts were cancelled.

I'm not going to leave a goodbye. Ghost everywhere everytime.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
I've only down 3 or 4 drafts of the new set, but I was itching to try blood/ruby extra damage after losing to it in the last draft.

Of course, it worked A++, better than any draft I've had in maybe 2 years (including MTG and Hex).

MVP was of course Cleave (deal 1 damage to 3 creatures). Having several empower creatures/spells also was great; I even stuck a Playing with Fire in my deck.

Round 1: Bye (of course)
Round 2: Against BD tokens. Cleave is unfair. Ashwood Apprentice (either for 3 or 6) and Pyretic Performer (likewise 3 or 6) are likewise great. Still, a close match, as I lose game 1.

Round 3: RD fliers. This was dumb. He curves out and plays a guy on 2, a flier on 3, a flier on 4 and pumps his 2 drop with his champion ability. Meanwhile, I play Whirling Brutalizer on 3, and dont swing into his 3 drop 2/2 flier.
Because I was hoping he'd play another creature on 4, which he did, so I could do this:

After the 3 for 1 (AT COMMON), I drop Playing with Fire. He keeps drawing and dropping creatures, but the followup of:
Hired Horn Hunter (kill his guy for free, swing)
Flamesplitter
Pyretic Performer for 6 (kill his guy for free, swing); I probably could have killed him here by activating my champion then 4 damage from 2 Scorch + 4 damage from Hired Horn
Ashwood Appentice for 6 (kill his guy for free, he conceeds to absurd board presence + Flamesplitter)

Game 2: He curves out again nicely, but Cleave kills his 3 and 4 drop after we both play 2 drops
I kill his pumped 2 drop with champion+Vampire Kiss, then just drop 2x Ashwood Apprentice for 6 to just walk by his team, with Burning Tendrils for 6 for the overkill.

Cleave is dumb. I won't pass it if I'm blood/ruby.

logis fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 20, 2016

Thrawn200
Dec 13, 2008

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." - Calvin & Hobbes

WayAbvPar posted:

He is a bit smug

Heh, good one, made me chuckle.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

God of Evil Cows beat me 2-0. Those were some slooow decks we had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

God of Evil Cows
Feb 23, 2007

Let this be our final battle!
Went 2-0 against The Moon Monster in the awful tournament.

Neither one of our combos really went off so I don't have a cool screenshot to post unfortunately.

• Locked thread