Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ideate
Aug 20, 2002

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Money cards a pre paid debit we use for online stuff and the like. Not a Walmart specific card. Though they do have a credit card or something (I believe). But thanks for the info.

If you're worried about CC fraud or whatever, open another checking account and transfer money from the main account when you want to buy stuff. Or just buy things from the internet on a credit card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Like seriously it costs like 5 dollars now to get 40 dollars out of an ATM, it's the best legal scam, besides this one.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

peter gabriel posted:

Whew what a day!
I did a load of updates on a decent clients website, so of course I followed the usual protocol by putting up a holding page with 'This account has been suspended' on it, just so people knew we were carrying out routine updates.
I also put a note (just for myself) to remind me to contact the hosting provider for more information.
welcome back commando

good to see you posting in this thread

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk&t=391s

THE WULGE is wulging

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm not gonna ask you if you're in the ewoks thing because you couldn't tell us if you were

That secret grabby hands / butt saluting club?
No, if I was I'd just tell you :v:

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Turd Burglar posted:

dude can't even write an article at a 10th grade level and you expect him to manage his finances properly? lmao

I mismanage my finances about as well as any other 9th grade educated 32 year old thank you very much. And ill have you know my mother says i write with the grace of a junior high jock.

If your going to bash at least try to get your facts straight burglar of turds.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ash1138 posted:

welcome back commando

good to see you posting in this thread

Good to be here, feels good

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I mismanage my finances about as well as any other 9th grade educated 32 year old thank you very much. And ill have you know my mother says i write with the grace of a junior high jock.

If your going to bash at least try to get your facts straight burglar of turds.

If you mismanage your finances badly that means you manage them well

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Lime Tonics posted:

Like seriously it costs like 5 dollars now to get 40 dollars out of an ATM, it's the best legal scam, besides this one.

It's worse then that. Right now hundreds, possibly thousands, don't even have access to funds/balances due to "maintenance" going on 96 hours. Its a whole cluster gently caress of CIG like proportions. But that's for another thread entirely.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

drksideofthewal posted:

In real life, Coca-Cola doesn't have random freelance delivery trucks deliver their products. They have official Coca-Cola trucks. I hope that the game will allow us to be official Big Benny's delivery people.
We like to keep our dreams small, don't we?

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/wal-mart-moneycard.html

hmm yes banking with walmart looks like a good idea.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

Sunswipe posted:

We like to keep our dreams small, don't we?

Obviously mvp material.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

if you can't laugh at yourself what hope is there? Besides, even if its down (will be back up next week) its nice to see people are still going there. Even if to laugh. That's a win in my book.

Ok, I'll bite, how much do you have invested in Star Citizen?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

god i can't wait to get home from my job and play a video game where i have a job

102 days until world of warcraft: legion

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Another ATV, another new hire.

Erik Link is their associate technical animator. This is his second day on the job. And I'm just assuming he may the guy brought in to help break the log-jam on all those animations they've recorded over the last two years that have just piled up, for want of a talent to get them into the game.

(Not a diss on this new guy-- if he can help, good for him.)

--

Jake Ross proves yet again to be the most forthright figure on the AtV rotation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk&t=546s

In 2.4, there's a new weapon shop in ArcCorp with the name "Cubby Blast".

This seems like a positive step-- focusing on adding more than just layerable, stylish clothing for your white male space dollie. He describes the weapon inspection animations that allow the "try before you buy" magic to work...

"But the weapons that we had in there, they weren't really doing it for us. They were a little strange. The camera was moving around, lot of like what we had with the original release of the emotes."

But it sounds like they may have a handle on fixing it? Maybe? What's unclear is whether the weapons themselves were strange or they animations were strange or both.

(Edit: Upon seeing the May 17th Glassdoor review , wanted to offer a kinder revision.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jul 19, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Ok, I'll bite, how much do you have invested in Star Citizen?

Come on now...

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Instead of having to stare at your lines every 3 seconds Sandi, how about you prep before the show and use the moments Ben is jabbering about whatever to review for the next part. Also learning how to communicate with human beings would be a plus; especially as the VP of Marketing.

BadOptics fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 19, 2016

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ash1138 posted:

god i can't wait to get home from my job and play a video game where i have a job

102 days until world of warcraft: legion

I'm still playing stardew valley, I am on like my 9th farm and can min max the mines in winter.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Lime Tonics posted:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/wal-mart-moneycard.html

hmm yes banking with walmart looks like a good idea.

Yeah. Now imagine your lovely internet blogs payment was set to something like that.

And suddenly things like Pgabz very accurate assessment makes sense.

Or you know could just be retooling and intentionally making it so that there's easy ammunition for a internet humor forum.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Does lightning ever strike the same place twice?

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

It's worse then that. Right now hundreds, possibly thousands, don't even have access to funds/balances due to "maintenance" going on 96 hours. Its a whole cluster gently caress of CIG like proportions. But that's for another thread entirely.

You should write a blog about it

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

G0RF posted:

Another ATV, another new hire.

Erik Link is their associate technical animator. This is his second day on the job. And I'm just assuming he may the guy brought in to help break the log-jam on all those animations they've recorded over the last two years that have just piled up, for want of a talent to get them into the game.

(Not a diss on this new guy-- if he can help, good for him.)

Kinda hosed up that they threw him in front of the camera so soon. Didn't EightAce say everyone hates that poo poo.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Turd Burglar posted:

You should write a blog about it

Actually did more then that.

poop.

Enjoy.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 19, 2016

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Yeah. Now imagine your lovely internet blogs payment was set to something like that.

Wow you're just full of bad decisions

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Turd Burglar posted:

Kinda hosed up that they threw him in front of the camera so soon. Didn't EightAce say everyone hates that poo poo.

They throw new people in front of the camera as often as humanly possible to show that everything is fine. I think the LA studio has been doing it every week for a while now.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Meridian posted:

Does lightning ever strike the same place twice?

I guess we'll find out soon ITT.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Tcherno - B warming up again
This reactor never stops melting down

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

I immediately paused then disliked the video.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Here is a thread I made about walmart cards.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776753

Go post in there,

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'm not gonna ask you if you're in to the ewoks thing because you couldn't tell us if you were

Don't kink shame

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Ayn Marx posted:

Tcherno - B warming up again
This reactor never stops melting down

Hate to disappoint, but to tired to expel that kind of energy today. Just rolling with the punches and having a laugh. Mainly at myself, or so it would seem.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Turd Burglar posted:

He did say many don't really welcome that. It's a no lose situation-- oblige the coercion even if you don't want to be made a face for the company, or decline and irritate management.

I say best of luck to him-- sounds like he's going to stay very busy!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Is it fair to assume they are incompetent?

2 years

40% more complete than shown

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Meridian posted:

In the distance I heard an air raid siren and figured I should check the thread. Hey Brandon, struggling with the lurking thing, huh?

Branson, and yeah. I've posted on and off before today though. How have you been?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Hate to disappoint, but to tired to expel that kind of energy today. Just rolling with the punches and having a laugh. Mainly at myself, or so it would seem.

You are a good men

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
The game is more done than CIG is letting on, just have faith. They can't show us anything because it would spoil things. It takes time to handcraft ships, and they are almost done anyways. Just have patience. Oh look ship sale next month, time to refinance my house again!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

You are a good men

I did love the pic by the way. It made me and V have a laugh. Glad to know I've provided ammunition for Lols (at my expense). And not sarcasm, it was really funny. Wish it could be the official message.

Could always have used more "oval office" and hypocrite" though. But I'm biased.

B_of_InfoRedux fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 19, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

NEW SHOPS ARE COMING!

Wow-- this genuinely surprised me. The inclusion of shops in ArcCorp I get. In Port Olisar, it just seemed silly.

But now, they've got a brand new Space Station being added-- for Pirates get their own Pirate shops. (Preview added!)

Shopping really does sound like it's going to be the most Persistent thing in the Persistent universe.

(Edit: Upon seeing the May 17th Glassdoor review , wanted to offer a kinder revision, on the off chance it's ever seen.)

G0RF fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jul 19, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Turd Burglar posted:

I immediately paused then disliked the video.

That's cool, and understandable. I know I'm not your cup of tea as it were. Outside of laughing at me. But I would recommend listening to it, If for nothing else hearing how stupid I possibly sound. Should give you more ammunition for discord and what not. With the site down figure you need all you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Branson, and yeah. I've posted on and off before today though. How have you been?

Better after clicking the meltdown link in your AV again, thanks.

• Locked thread