Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

G0RF posted:

Another ATV, another new hire.

Erik Link is their associate technical animator. This is his second day on the job. And I'm just assuming he may the guy brought in to help break the log-jam on all those animations they've recorded over the last two years that have just piled up, for want of a talent to get them into the game.

Remember way back when Star Marine was "weeks not months" away and the only 'blocker' was all the animations needed a little retooling. Good times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I am having a slow day at work. Life is hard. Life is pain.

*buys $500 JPEG*

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

trucutru posted:

Will patience put food on my stomach?

Weeellll, will it? :smug:

Game over obummer!

Go listen to the video he posted if you want to see deeper holes

Him taking down to a customer service rep was cringe worthy

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Mirificus posted:

Development is incredibly fast

post/av combo here is fantastic

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

"We use PBR, therefore we're AAA."

~sharts~

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

How can filthy casual developers claim to be indie and also use PBR. They are nothing but hacks getting a game out in 2-3 years.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

trucutru posted:

Okay, I am going to serious answer: What made you think posting a recording of you abusing a lowly representative was a good idea?

"She's frustrated as she should be... consumer representatives are shields for those above them" ... so let me be a spergy confrontational rear end in a top hat about it.

If that's you then you're a horrible person.

I'll respond to this honestly. I worked on that side, customer phone support for Apple for 5 years. T2. I know what its like. So I know i was rude, to a degree. So I get what youre saying. I do.

But here's the thing this was a. about the 10th time in 42 hours I had to call them. B. The information being given was continually false. Not there fault, I know. C. It was recorded in order to prove a point, that the greendot CEO was lying when he said cards are not being effected. There's a lot more to this issue then has been discussed here. Just read the tweets on the video.

With that in mind, I do feel a bit bad. As I've been on the other end of it. I really do. But to say I abused? No. I didn't cuss her out, say racist poo poo, etc. All things I know they put up with. I was forceful. Sure. But sometimes you have to be. I wish the situation was different but there's a reason Wal mart/greendot are currently being sued. As the cards are still down. And have been since Monday. Look into it, its not pretty.

So call me an rear end in a top hat. Tell me I suck. Thats fine, and maybe I am and I do. But this was to prove a point. That when the CEO says that no one is being effected he was lying. If I could go back and do it with less force, or confrontation, i would. But it is what it is and I won't apologize for trying to prove the little man is getting hosed by a multi billion dollar corp.

Maybe you're okay with that. I'm not. And never will be.

Back to sc.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I used like a dozen PBRs and star citizen still didn't look good.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

trucutru posted:

Go listen to the video he posted if you want to see deeper holes
Can Something Jones do a transcript?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

"We use PBR, therefore we're AAA."

~sharts~

Are they still touting that like it's a thing? It was a dubious thing back when they first started harping about it 2 years back or so.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

Are they still touting that like it's a thing? It was a dubious thing back when they first started harping about it 2 years back or so.

You have to be AAA if you want the fidelity. We're not Ben Sterns here. Can I interest anyone in a low interest JPEG mortgage?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Did Sandi get into some poison oak or something? Looks like she needs some fraking anti-inflamatory medication.

And has nobody been able to identify that gold thing around her neck yet?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

These people are delusional.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

spacetoaster posted:

Did Sandi get into some poison oak or something? Looks like she needs some fraking anti-inflamatory medication.

And has nobody been able to identify that gold thing around her neck yet?

Looks like the cocaine !may be drying up around the office. Chris has been lashing out it seems.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Meridian posted:

These people are delusional.

Naw, it's just boo.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

But to say I abused? No.

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

I was forceful. Sure. But sometimes you have to be.

yeah, cause thats better.

also good job posting that in gbs. im sure they'll have fun with that.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

So call me an rear end in a top hat. Tell me I suck. Thats fine, and maybe I am and I do. But this was to prove a point. That when the CEO says that no one is being effected he was lying. If I could go back and do it with less force, or confrontation, i would. But it is what it is and I won't apologize for trying to prove the little man is getting hosed by a multi billion dollar corp.

Maybe you're okay with that. I'm not. And never will be.

Back to sc.

The only points you proved are a) You suck and are an rear end in a top hat and b) you don't know what proving a point means.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

lmao you edited out your link in the gbs thread after i said it was a bad idea.

dude you're such a tool. at least stick to your guns.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

Interest is fading, very few youtube "gameplay" videos being uploaded now. They need 2.4 out asap.

Honestly if you want to see an impressive slope, switch over to the monthly view.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

trucutru posted:

The only points you proved are a) You suck and are an rear end in a top hat and b) you don't know what proving a point means.

Look you don't like me. Good for you. Go look into the Wal mart issue. Then wonder why this happened.

And sorry, but when to separate reps state "yes its effecting the ability to use the card", plus the other recordings we have from yesterday saying the same things, then yes the point has been proven.

Sorry your own bias towards me makes you think what they are doing is okay. But this isn't the place. I recommend you read this http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-green-dot-walmart-20160518-snap-story.html

Particularly the part regarding the CEO.

I don't expect you to like me or my methods, but don't try to pretend like they're somehow worse then thousands being left unable to access their cash and being lied to about it.

That's truly an rear end in a top hat thing to do.

If you want to continue this take it to the gbs thread regarding said issue.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Look you don't like me. Good for you. Go look into the Wal mart issue. Then wonder why this happened.

And sorry, but when to separate reps state "yes its effecting the ability to use the card", plus the other recordings we have from yesterday saying the same things, then yes the point has been proven.

Sorry your own bias towards me makes you think what they are doing is okay. But this isn't the place. I recommend you read this http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-green-dot-walmart-20160518-snap-story.html

I don't expect you to like me or my methods, but don't try to pretend like they're somehow worse then thousands being left unable to access their cash and being lied to about it.

Post this in the GBS thread please. Other goons need to read this and see your video!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

When's Vanessa coming back? I miss her. How is she? I hope her C is well S'd. Tell her I said hi.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Turd Burglar posted:

lmao you edited out your link in the gbs thread after i said it was a bad idea.

dude you're such a tool. at least stick to your guns.

Sorry, but it was a mistake to post to begin with here. It was made and posted to help people with this issue. I should have known better that it would possibly be misused.

Tool or not its the right thing to do. There is no guns on the internet as it were. Sorry to disappoint. Either way, this isn't the place for this discussion. Shouldn't have brought it up to begin with. That's on me.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

if you can't laugh at yourself what hope is there? Besides, even if its down (will be back up next week) its nice to see people are still going there. Even if to laugh. That's a win in my book.

No hope. None. There is no hope, there never was.

This is how it has always been.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

CrazyLoon posted:

Post this in the GBS thread please. Other goons need to read this and see your video!

For what point? Lols because I did what I thought was right? Sorry can't tell if your serious given past statements.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

FrankieGoes posted:

When's Vanessa coming back? I miss her. How is she? I hope her C is well S'd. Tell her I said hi.

Please don't doxx people. That is how we ended up in this dead gay subforum to begin with.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Sorry, but it was a mistake to post to begin with here. It was made and posted to help people with this issue. I should have known better that it would possibly be misused.

Tool or not its the right thing to do. There is no guns on the internet as it were. Sorry to disappoint. Either way, this isn't the place for this discussion. Shouldn't have brought it up to begin with. That's on me.

It's always the right thing. Nothing can exist except in the presence of its opposite.

It's all transient, and most of it is bullshit.

At least that's how I see it.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
On tonight's Coerce the Purse, I suspect Calix Reneau's hat is one size too small for his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzAmjYncQk&t=1078s

I hope he isn't in charge of clothes, specifically headwear.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Honestly that looks like a minecraft mod. Nicely done.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Please don't doxx people. That is how we ended up in this dead gay subforum to begin with.

He's not doxxing. Ill defend him on that. V - Vanessa is my wife, this is a known fact. We've never hidden our real names.

She's sleeping though Frankie. And she probably won't be back honestly.

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

People complaining that the thread moves too slow.

Then we get a ton of blog guy posts and people interacting with him and the monkey paw pulls in one finger.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fps is too high to be believable as Star Citizen

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beet Wagon posted:

fps is too high to be believable as Star Citizen

It's on the new 1080 cards. In SLI.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Mods please change my name to filthy tiny fedoraman thanks

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Nah, I don't like posting in gbs, to be honest.

Now, where the gently caress did I even suggest that I think that what they are doing is ok? It's not. The CEO will obviously deny a problem like that (only guys like you are unable to grasp this kind of behavior) and there is no need to post a recording of you drilling some poor schmuck to provide "proof" that water is wet.

And, believe it or not, me liking or disliking you has nothing to do with it. If :pgabz: had posted that same thing I would have also thought of him to be an rear end in a top hat. But he wouldn't do so because, first, he's not an rear end in a top hat and, more importantly, he is not an idiot who seems to be unable to grasp why would it be a bad idea to post something like that.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:59 on May 19, 2016

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

flashy5thing.gif

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
do we think we can avoid engaging b infos mental illness for 800 posts like last time? Thanks in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity_Storm
Mar 1, 2016

ShredsYouSay posted:

Found this in an old book by a terrible poet...

The Star Citizen Disaster
By McGoonagall

T'was in the dark year of 2016
That for Star Citizen the backers were most keen,
Despite the constant heckling of goons and villains
Chris Roberts raked in yet more millions
Sandi acted in dramatic fare
And for exorbitant new studios, the backers had no care
Mark Hamill extolled the virtues, that Star Citizen's rivals lack,
Truly, it was to compare "Plan 9" to "Empire Strikes Back"

But alas by the 31st of May
The Original Terms and Conditions were broken, like the Railway Bridge of Tay
DEREK SMART exulted in his ELE
and he and his goons danced in revelry
Not since the cavorting of foul Hecate
Or the Something Awful Forums in 2003
Had such horrible sights been there to see

Proud Lesnick, Io to Roberts' Jove,
and DiscoLando, a rambunctious Cove
Took to Reddit to answer the backer's plea
That Star Citizen would soon release- as an MVP

B'tak felt grief, and Humility felt hollow
In the Brown Sea the cultists wallowed
Many refused to believe, others found it funny
After all, they had only committed their disposable money
Some even committed themselves to a noble slog
As they tried to read all of Derek Smart's latest blog

Chris Roberts hands waved, but not fast enough.
The FTC took him in, wearing handcuffs.
In 2017, on the first monday in the month numbered 9,
A date that will be remembered for a very long time
Chris Robert's stood in court, his wife at his side,
Lesnick in the aisle, as the chairs were not wide.
A witness at the box, wore a t-shirt labelled 3000AD
( A date not yet used in any of my poetry)
He listed the corruptions, he had heard through leaks
His account was extensive. It lasted two weeks.
The laundering and embezzlement, time did not diminish
When objected to by the defence, he said "Let Me loving Finish"

The Moral of the tale, was that too many Kickstarters it seems
Go to fund not real projects, but impossible dreams
So before you commit your income disposable, to a game the greatest billed
Remember those Star Citizens, and the grief with which they are filled.

Brilliant.

• Locked thread