Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

C. Everett Koop posted:

You know what game has a lot of throws?

Def Jam: Fight For New York.

It is also the best fighting game.

Henry Rollins being a playable character is strong evidence in support of this claim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Endorph posted:

i mean riesbyfe asks girls out for coffee after she beats them

i bet that koihime fg on steam is a yuritopia

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

inthesto posted:

Henry Rollins being a playable character is strong evidence in support of this claim

are all his win quotes about the violence of capitalism and also not judging people by their surface

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Pomp posted:

are all his win quotes about the violence of capitalism and also not judging people by their surface

i'll be really sad if they aren't

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

General Morden posted:

i bet that koihime fg on steam is a yuritopia
i very much doubt it

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Talkin' about throws made me remember how much I love Marduk and now I don't wanna play T7.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Vf has more kinds of tvoööhrows than telken

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Sorry drunk meant throws

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The Gargos reveal for KI looks loving sick

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Brosnan posted:

Talkin' about throws made me remember how much I love Marduk and now I don't wanna play T7.

has the console roster been finalized yet? i'm just curious if any of my loving characters are going to make it back in fffff

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Play this fighting game when it gets released on steam eventually https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSC2uzk_jUU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

That's not Tekken 7.

Haraaaada!! Where's the Tekken 7 on PC, Harada??

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

S.J. posted:

The Gargos reveal for KI looks loving sick

Gargos is the loving truth.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Saoshyant posted:

That's not Tekken 7.

Haraaaada!! Where's the Tekken 7 on PC, Harada??

They can't even get a console release out, and you're expecting PC anytime this decade?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

They can't even get a console release out, and you're expecting PC anytime this decade?

I'm pretty sure PC is gonna be simultaneous release

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Jmcrofts posted:

Do you have a source for that or are you just playing your gut?

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Sarchasm posted:

Do you have a source for that or are you just playing your gut?

No source but they have teased it a decent amount.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Jmcrofts posted:

I mean, they haven't said anything about it except "we're looking into a PC release", to the best of my knowledge.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Pomp posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I hate Henry Rollins because he is a terrible matchup for my main, Bob Mould.

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Is anyone here going to check out Combo Breaker next weekend? This is the first time I'm going to a big video game tournament, and I'm kinda excited and unsure of what to expect. I'm not competing, but we applied to show our game at their indie cade, so I'll be there aaalll weekend. Any tips/tricks/etc to have fun and/or just be **cool** would be appreciated.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Me

anothergod posted:

Any tips/tricks/etc to have fun and/or just be **cool** would be appreciated.

Play Guilty Gear

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

anothergod posted:

Is anyone here going to check out Combo Breaker next weekend? This is the first time I'm going to a big video game tournament, and I'm kinda excited and unsure of what to expect. I'm not competing, but we applied to show our game at their indie cade, so I'll be there aaalll weekend. Any tips/tricks/etc to have fun and/or just be **cool** would be appreciated.

whats your indie game? is it a fighting game?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
If you beat anonspore in a ft10 in the chipp mirror it's rumored that he will buy 800 copies of your game

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

interrodactyl posted:

If you beat anonspore in a ft10 in the chipp mirror it's rumored that he will buy 800 copies of your game

It doesn't have to be a mirror

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
What happens when woshige fights you and then you have to buy 800 copies of sf5

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

interrodactyl posted:

woshige gets promoted for doubling sales

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

interrodactyl posted:

Joke's on you nerd Woshige can't make it to Evo this year

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

Zand posted:

whats your indie game? is it a fighting game?

Yes. It's Zelda x Street Fighter. We're showing off the multiplayer version. Right now there's 1 arena, but we're hoping to have another 2 by Memorial Day Weekend.

https://interdimensional.itch.io/super-combat-jr-ii

That's the itch.io page. There's a trailer and some gameplay vids. Check it out. We're in it for the long haul, so check it out.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anothergod posted:

Yes. It's Zelda x Street Fighter. We're showing off the multiplayer version. Right now there's 1 arena, but we're hoping to have another 2 by Memorial Day Weekend.

That's the itch.io page. There's a trailer and some gameplay vids. Check it out. We're in it for the long haul, so check it out.

i cant tell whats happening

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

anothergod posted:

which part is street fighter? is there an interaction with blocks/attacks/throws and movement across an asymmetrical cast that creates a dynamic game experience centered around the concept of controlling space on a 2d playfield?

edit: im really curious because i cant tell whats happening in here so i need some context

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
i think that was a thing called a joke, zand

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

anothergod posted:

Come to the Skullgirls Salty Suite; I'll be the guy getting planted six feet under by everyone (literally, if they're playing Squigly :v:).

Bleep
Feb 7, 2004

Brosnan posted:

I've tried to make Gigas work, but it just makes me cry over our missing good boy Marduk.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dias posted:

i think that was a thing called a joke, zand

idk anything about funny poo poo or humour

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

idk anything about funny poo poo or humour

just fake it til you make it

I see it's cited as an influence on the site, but I don't think it goes too far beyond from "1v1 combat with a block and spacing". It looks like topdown Towerfall, actually.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

I also have trouble parsing the trailer

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

it looks bad

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Did anyone get Koihime Enbu and is the netcode poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

NecroMonster posted:

it looks bad

the best fighting games look like poo poo