Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Hedrigall posted:

Pyramid Song being the most perfect song Radiohead has ever recorded, and probably my favourite song of all time.

Edit: oops that was meant to be an edit of my post not quoting it

Pyramid Song is on top of mine as well, but then Amnesiac is their best album so...naturally. :agesilaus:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I listen to music in too many different places to get an accurate list like that, but I'm pretty sure my most frequently played song is Reckoner. It's not my absolute favorite but I like it a lot and listen to it most frequently because I was learning it on piano for a while.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Combining my old last.fm (which I haven't used since last year) and my current music player, here's my top 10 Radiohead songs in play frequency:

1. Everything in its Right Place (Kid A + I Might Be Wrong + every bootleg I have on which they play this)

2. Like Spinning Plates

3. Reckoner (I forgot this was my favorite track on In Rainbows back when it came out and I listened to it a ton then.)

4. Videotape

5. Idioteque

6. Nude

7. Ful Stop

8. Glass Eyes

9. Identikit (No big secret what my favorite stretch of A Moon Shaped Pool is, I guess.)

10. Pyramid Song

This list would look very, very different with car listens included.

auzdark
Aug 29, 2005

Mercy is the cry of the soul that stirred,
Mercy is the cry and it's never heard.
I've been using Last.fm for years, but I feel like the count is a bit messed up - top three however are accurate:

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Earwicker posted:

I listen to music in too many different places to get an accurate list like that, but I'm pretty sure my most frequently played song is Reckoner. It's not my absolute favorite but I like it a lot and listen to it most frequently because I was learning it on piano for a while.

Good song.

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang
I was just doing this with a pal recently. My iTunes got reset at some point a few years ago so the results aren't super accurate to my all-time listens. Not quite sure how the two instrumentals crept in there but numbers are numbers I guess.

Maybe more interesting is your top 10 least listened to tracks:

I chopped a few b-side compilations and things outta this or they'd all be live versions / remixes (also AMSP as it's only had a few spins so far).

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Hell yeah, Worrywort. That, Cuttooth and Fog are my favorite Kid A/Amnesiac era songs, hands down. Cuttooth is spectacular.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Louisgod posted:

Cuttooth is spectacular.

:yeah:

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

New video on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFobIUWKyu2/

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Oh and Spectre is on Spotify. Another song added to Spotify. I don't know if they're teasing eventually releasing Moon-Shaped Pool there or what.

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012

They've really coordinated their poo poo this year. Album release with first live show after less than two weeks, two music videos and a third probably coming now.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Listening to live stream of Amsterdam show. No strings. Burn the Witch sounded massive, if slightly shaky.

E: I think they're playing the album in order?

HD DAD fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 20, 2016

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
decks dark sounds loving awesome

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

HD DAD posted:

E: I think they're playing the album in order?

Yep. They did this the first show after they released "In Rainbows", IIRC.

Edit: Or not, because now they're playing "Morning Mr. Magpie". Weird.

Sand Monster fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 20, 2016

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Magpie live is awesome as hell

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
last TV IV style post promise but the live version of identikit is straight up baller

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Princeps32 posted:

last TV IV style post promise but the live version of identikit is straight up baller

How does it sound compared to TKoL live version?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ballz posted:

How does it sound compared to TKoL live version?

I would assume it sounds like the version released on radiohead's new album, a moon shaped pool

Princeps32
Nov 9, 2012
It's been a while since I listened to a TKOL live version, but there's certainly a larger emphasis on the guitars, longer buildup like the album, they maintain the disco vocals during the bridge, and there's the new guitar solo to end it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
Ful Stop rocked a lot harder, and Thom played his handheld keyboard. Lotus Flower seemed a lot more focused than usual, too.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Holy poo poo, Burn the Witch sounds like a HTTT-style rocker live. Completely different arrangement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPhHJc0mJO8

Most of the whole gig here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XithTcxKqBE

Popcorn fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 21, 2016

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

That arrangement of Burn the Witch confirms that it has one of the best choruses Radiohead have ever written. A soaring, thrilling melody. Works just as well here as it does on the record.

The tom drum intro also fits the theme well - it's evocative of flaming torches, rituals, tribalism. But it also sounds jubilant.

... It also confirms that the song ends too suddenly, though.

Popcorn fucked around with this message at 09:05 on May 21, 2016

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

OK Computer is 19 years old today! Wonder if tonight's set list will include it?

I expect a fluid, changing setlist, maybe there will be part 2 of AMSP tonight.

By the time I see them in Portugal they will be poo poo hot! Or tired...

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Oh poo poo that BTW arrangement is fantastic

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Nice seeing Videotape and My Iron Lung make an appearance, hope they both become regulars on this tour. Also hoping they dig a bit into their back catalogue some more. It was fun having songs like Amazing Sounds of Orgy and Meeting in the Aisle pop up during TKoL tour.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

I'd like Down is the New Up and especially The Butcher. Both would be perfect for the two-drummer setup and I was surprised and disappointed they didn't play them on the TKOL tour.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Amsterdam is live on periscope https://www.periscope.tv/radiohead_fr/1mrGmllAYmZKy

ful stop is something else

LUCKY

meatpath fucked around with this message at 19:58 on May 21, 2016

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

We're cool with talking about where to download these shows, right? I seem to remember passing around links during the King of Limbs tour without any :filez: controversy.

Edit: Audio on this Periscope sounds nice. :shobon: Pretty different playlist compared to yesterday's, at least from what I've heard. Talk Show Host!

Ballz fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 21, 2016

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

So they're playing Talk Show Host right now

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

68k posted:

So they're playing Talk Show Host right now

Holy poo poo that outtro. Have they always performed it like that?

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Ballz posted:

Holy poo poo that outtro. Have they always performed it like that?

Nah they spiced it up

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Setlist for tonight:

1. Burn The Witch
2. Daydreaming (“Thank you, good evening.”)
3. Decks Dark
4. Desert Island Disk
5. Ful Stop
6. Lucky (tour debut)
7. There There
8. Lotus Flower
9. All I Need (tour debut)
10. Talk Show Host (tour debut)
11. Identikit
12. The Numbers
13. Present Tense
14. Separator (tour debut)
15. Nude (tour debut)
16. The National Anthem (tour debut) (Hunting Bears outro)
17. Everything In Its Right Place
——
18. Give Up The Ghost (tour debut)
19. How To Disappear Completely (tour debut)
20. Karma Police (tour debut)
21. Bloom
22. Street Spirit (Fade Out) (tour debut)
——
23. Bodysnatchers
24. Idioteque

Ballz posted:

We're cool with talking about where to download these shows, right? I seem to remember passing around links during the King of Limbs tour without any :filez: controversy.

Last night - 755Mb, from Dime/ Reddit

Pyramid Song came out 15 years ago today!

ZoDiAC_ fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 21, 2016

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Ballz posted:

Edit: Audio on this Periscope sounds nice. :shobon: Pretty different playlist compared to yesterday's, at least from what I've heard. Talk Show Host!

I think they officially allow taping? I know they sometimes give out soundboards to fans who take video.

meatpath
Feb 13, 2003

Talk Show Host in lovely quality (until the tape comes out)

https://soundcloud.com/lucas-lockeridge/radiohead-talk-show-host-heineken-music-hall-amsterdam-may-21th-2016

Corvo
Feb 5, 2015

Ballz posted:

Were there any soundboards of the old versions of Ful Stop & Identikit made available? The old live versions were so much better than what made it onto the album and having some decent recordings without the crowd being audible would be great, the same goes for Cut a Hole & Skirting on the Surface as well.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Corvo posted:

Were there any soundboards of the old versions of Ful Stop & Identikit made available? The old live versions were so much better than what made it onto the album and having some decent recordings without the crowd being audible would be great, the same goes for Cut a Hole & Skirting on the Surface as well.

There was a soundboard for Bonaroo, but a matrix of the San Jose show is probably the best recording available from that tour. Identikit was the only song you mentioned played at either show, however.

Not sure if the other songs found their way on any superior recordings, but I kinda stopped paying attention after the North American leg of the tour was over.

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
Lets rate the songs on AMSP from greatest to least.

1. Daydreaming (by a loving landslide, one of the top five Radiohead songs altogether.)
2. The Present tense
3. Deck's Dark
4.True Love Waits
5. Tinker Tailor
6. Burn the Witch
7. Identikit
8. Glass eyes
9. The Numbers
10. Desert Island Disk
11. Ful Stop

It's a hard list to sort because I like every song on the album. The only one's I'm very confident about are the top 3.

Top ten Radiohead of all time in order starting with the best

1. Pyramid Song (Again, absolute winner without question. One of the greatest pieces of music of all time. Mozart, Liszt, Saint-Saens and Debussy wish they wrote a song this good. )
2. Let Down
3. Kid A
4. Daydreaming
5. How I Made My Millions
6. Codex
7. Videotape
8. A Wolf at the door
9. How to Disappear Completely
10. Scatterbrain

I'm sure my all time list will not be agreed with by many. The top 5 were pretty easy to decide on but 6-10 was very difficult. But every song I listed is a masterpiece with an impeccably executed performance on the record. Wolf at the door will probably be the most contentious. The subtitles of instrumentation and the exact virtual instruments used make it stand out strongly to my ear. Really wanted to put Separator, Exit Music and Worrywort on that list.

List of all Radiohead songs

AARO fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 22, 2016

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No more lists

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax

ICHIBAHN posted:

No more lists

Piss off; lists are fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
None of Mozart's, Liszt's, Debussy's or Saint-Saens's albums are anywhere near as good as Radiohead's catalogue, and those guys produced a LOT of albums!!