Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice
Posted a few times ITT. Due to ACA, we merged some time ago with several other hospitals. Most of my coworkers have left - for salaries that are, no exaggeration, double or nearly double and into the 6 figure range.

We also can't fill vacancies that we have at the existing salaries, so they're now starting to have to post at salaries 50-75% more than what we make, supposedly they are working on a market adjustment, but no way we'll be stepped up that much.

Well, whatever. I have a weird attitude in that I'm sticking around not for the money, but because the place is flexible with what you take on. Or, maybe they aren't flexible - I'm on a systems engineering team. I avoid trying to take on more operational or support loads, already got enough, I need to leave a bit of room for infrastructure work and maintenance. Projects are fine, because in theory once we complete the project the support load is supposed to fall on the support teams. Anyway, I digress. Long story short, I usually say yes, but have no problem being confrontational and saying no. A lot of people don't have that mindset, for better or worse. I judge what I take on based on engineering time, and how much additional operational\support time it's going to take. If the latter is too great, I'll point it out. I don't think I'll have that clout elsewhere, since I'll be the new guy having to reprove myself again.

It's just kind of sad, or maybe funny, they were looking for cost savings by merging health systems. Nope. Maybe in 10 years. Thanks Obama. :lol:

(Posting while signed into work at night remotely, publishing an App-V package of Crystal 2013 on a Citrix farm because the thick install of CR service packs completely blows)

SSH IT ZOMBIE fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaam
Mar 18, 2008
Anyone made the move from senior technical (architect) to team lead / management smoothly? I'm having a hard time downloading all my work into my team. I have two full time engineers working for me now after being the only real infrastructure guy for a long time. We've always had a large help desk and a few sysadmins but all the storage, networking and linux stuff fell to me. Now I have resources and I'm always feeling like I'm not feeding them work fast enough. They are still getting adjusted so can't really identify things to change on their own and run with it, so they are constantly looking to me for task delegation, but I'm still neck deep in some of the core infrastructure projects as well, while trying to juggle budgets, spreadsheets, manage projects and field teams, ahh. Not sure what I got myself into now.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

whaam posted:

Anyone made the move from senior technical (architect) to team lead / management smoothly? I'm having a hard time downloading all my work into my team. I have two full time engineers working for me now after being the only real infrastructure guy for a long time. We've always had a large help desk and a few sysadmins but all the storage, networking and linux stuff fell to me. Now I have resources and I'm always feeling like I'm not feeding them work fast enough. They are still getting adjusted so can't really identify things to change on their own and run with it, so they are constantly looking to me for task delegation, but I'm still neck deep in some of the core infrastructure projects as well, while trying to juggle budgets, spreadsheets, manage projects and field teams, ahh. Not sure what I got myself into now.

If you can't feed them work fast enough it sounds like you have a great team on your hands. I would sit down with them and get their ideas of what could be improved/added/worked on. Even if they aren't fully adjusted, I am sure they are already forming ideas.

This will build rapport with them as well as possibly give you some food for thought. It may also throw up any flags if they are heading in the wrong direction.

What I am saying is communication is key.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

ratbert90 posted:

If you can't feed them work fast enough it sounds like you have a great team on your hands. I would sit down with them and get their ideas of what could be improved/added/worked on. Even if they aren't fully adjusted, I am sure they are already forming ideas.

This will build rapport with them as well as possibly give you some food for thought. It may also throw up any flags if they are heading in the wrong direction.

What I am saying is communication is key.

Agreed.

You know their roles better than I, so I cant exactly make direct recommendations - but I have found that "nice to have, but not critical" projects to fill voids are great. Documentation can always be updated, and never a bad way for people to learn an organization without any risk to the infrastructure. But it really depends on their roles and backgrounds.

SSH IT ZOMBIE
Apr 19, 2003
No more blinkies! Yay!
College Slice

whaam posted:

Not sure what your general attitude is, but if you are feeling like you're being a bottleneck, are you trying to scope or screen initiatives too heavily? You can probably rely on your staff for that. Depends on your people, some people function well being told what to do and how to do it, other people prefer independence.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My company has decided to display our certs on a screen in the reception area, and yes this is the same company that doesn't see why staff at an MSP should have vendor certs.

I might add the DevOps League one to the pile and see if it makes it onto the board.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Thanks Ants posted:

My company has decided to display our certs on a screen in the reception area, and yes this is the same company that doesn't see why staff at an MSP should have vendor certs.

I might add the DevOps League one to the pile and see if it makes it onto the board.
Do it

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Everyone needs to know that you've obtained the rank of Powerful Genius in DevOps League. It's an important title.

Sepist
Dec 26, 2005

FUCK BITCHES, ROUTE PACKETS

Gravy Boat 2k

SSH IT ZOMBIE posted:

Posted a few times ITT. Due to ACA, we merged some time ago with several other hospitals. Most of my coworkers have left - for salaries that are, no exaggeration, double or nearly double and into the 6 figure range.

We also can't fill vacancies that we have at the existing salaries, so they're now starting to have to post at salaries 50-75% more than what we make, supposedly they are working on a market adjustment, but no way we'll be stepped up that much.

Well, whatever. I have a weird attitude in that I'm sticking around not for the money, but because the place is flexible with what you take on. Or, maybe they aren't flexible - I'm on a systems engineering team. I avoid trying to take on more operational or support loads, already got enough, I need to leave a bit of room for infrastructure work and maintenance. Projects are fine, because in theory once we complete the project the support load is supposed to fall on the support teams. Anyway, I digress. Long story short, I usually say yes, but have no problem being confrontational and saying no. A lot of people don't have that mindset, for better or worse. I judge what I take on based on engineering time, and how much additional operational\support time it's going to take. If the latter is too great, I'll point it out. I don't think I'll have that clout elsewhere, since I'll be the new guy having to reprove myself again.

It's just kind of sad, or maybe funny, they were looking for cost savings by merging health systems. Nope. Maybe in 10 years. Thanks Obama. :lol:

(Posting while signed into work at night remotely, publishing an App-V package of Crystal 2013 on a Citrix farm because the thick install of CR service packs completely blows)

I didn't realize this was due to ACA. The nearby big hospital was hiring for a sr net eng position last year at 110k, they just reached out to me again at 180k, I thought it was just because they were expanding or something. I might have to make a switch to the medical field..

Maybe you should leave then come back at that hospital or another one if you're unhappy with the salary situation. I know a guy who's left Citibank 3 times and come back for more money each time. As long as you leave on good terms. There's no way they align existing positions with new hire salaries, they just don't do it that way.

Sepist fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 20, 2016

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
its not ACA's fault that a hospital has been lowballing the poo poo out of its employees for years so they can pay hilarious sums to administrators and physicians

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

whaam posted:

Have them start making infrastructure diagrams, this forces them to slog through all your terrible life choices and draw them out. We use OmniGraffle for this task and it's working pretty well along side a large format spool-fed printer. Sit them down and get their ideas on what they would improve if they had a blank slate and a pretend budget. They are a fresh set of eyes on your year(s) of tunnel vision and it is worth more than you can imagine. Ask hard questions, but overall trust their advice. Make sure the room has a whiteboard and a fresh set of markers/erasers.

Also give them the core infrastructure projects. Split their time 50/50 - preferably on day boundaries unless you trust them to do it on a weekly time scale.

I was in your position a while ago. Turns out I suck at managing a team if it requires things like KPI's. I lucked into a team of people I could just let go and they would feed me great stuff. Your job now is being the buffer between them and the rest of the company. Interruptions go through you unless there is an open incident above X priority. If you're bad at powerpoint now is the time to get better. If you do your job really well they will be horrified at the amount of stuff that falls to them for 4 weeks while you take a vacation.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

go3 posted:

its not ACA's fault that a hospital has been lowballing the poo poo out of its employees for years so they can pay hilarious sums to administrators and physicians

Yeah I can't see how this can be blamed on Obummer. Blame the hospital. They're charging 5k for an xray, they can pay their IT staff.

whaam
Mar 18, 2008

H110Hawk posted:

Have them start making infrastructure diagrams, this forces them to slog through all your terrible life choices and draw them out. We use OmniGraffle for this task and it's working pretty well along side a large format spool-fed printer. Sit them down and get their ideas on what they would improve if they had a blank slate and a pretend budget. They are a fresh set of eyes on your year(s) of tunnel vision and it is worth more than you can imagine. Ask hard questions, but overall trust their advice. Make sure the room has a whiteboard and a fresh set of markers/erasers.

Also give them the core infrastructure projects. Split their time 50/50 - preferably on day boundaries unless you trust them to do it on a weekly time scale.

I was in your position a while ago. Turns out I suck at managing a team if it requires things like KPI's. I lucked into a team of people I could just let go and they would feed me great stuff. Your job now is being the buffer between them and the rest of the company. Interruptions go through you unless there is an open incident above X priority. If you're bad at powerpoint now is the time to get better. If you do your job really well they will be horrified at the amount of stuff that falls to them for 4 weeks while you take a vacation.

Yeah they are fairly easy to manage in the sense that they are great guys and have good work ethic. One needs to be directed but once he's on a task he runs very well. The other is a self starter but does things bit slower. I'm hoping to keep my role as the most knowledgable technical guy on the team, while still managing our time. Not sure how realistic that is but the technical is what makes me love this job. With their help I think its possible to both and have them handle most of the day to day while still having them investigate and discover new technologies and processes on their own. Might be a pipe dream.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Methanar posted:

When I was interviewing for some terrible MSP (with every wall painted a different color and people walking around with paper crowns) I watched an hour of propaganda regarding how fun the company was in slideshow form and then wrote a 30 minute long assessment.

I got 31/30, I was the first person to ever ace it and I got a bonus mark because I elaborated on how snapshots were not backups when there was a question about them.

Still didn't get the job because I wasn't fun enough for them.

:shrug:

Uh, that wasn't an MSP. That was Burger King.

You weren't "fun" enough to be the night shift fry guy.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

whaam posted:

Yeah they are fairly easy to manage in the sense that they are great guys and have good work ethic. One needs to be directed but once he's on a task he runs very well. The other is a self starter but does things bit slower. I'm hoping to keep my role as the most knowledgable technical guy on the team, while still managing our time. Not sure how realistic that is but the technical is what makes me love this job. With their help I think its possible to both and have them handle most of the day to day while still having them investigate and discover new technologies and processes on their own. Might be a pipe dream.

"Never be the smartest person in the room." The people I was managing generally knew infinitely more about things like networking than I did, but I knew linux backwards and often forwards. Build on each others strengths, and maintain your architectural thinking. Draw things on the whiteboard as they talk about them. Be their sounding board. You can get a lot of technical satisfaction while keeping them occupied. If your team is never getting stuck on incredibly hard problems, drive them harder (where harder means harder problems, not longer hours.) Smart people need to get stuck once in a while to keep them interested. You need that as well, so find and solve problems. Maybe not even technical ones.

Now is your time to start reading up on new trends and hotness but with a hyper critical eye for bullshit marketing speak. Figure out the core product offering, what problem it's solving, and if it's just lipstick on a pig or a useful method of getting from point A to B. Is it novel, or just repackaged? If it's repackaged, what is the value add?

Go out internally and find a problem the company has and figure out a core, scaling, platform solution to that problem. Talk to business people, talk to developers, talk to everyone. Show up at random meetings to hear concerns and take notes. Take key people to coffee. You don't have to like coffee, it's about getting 15 minutes of uninterrupted time with someone. It's why vendors take you to lunch, golf, events, etc. Pretend like you even care! Expense it.

Know your audience. Make friends in the finance department if it's feasible. Learn to speak their language. (Capitalization, depreciation, operational expenditure, useful life, time in service.) Know units of cost off the top of your head and be able to speak freely about them. A server costs $3,500. No one cares that it's $3,000 for the server, $28 for the rack unit, $100 for the network port, $8 in labor, or that some servers cost $2,800 and others cost $3,200. Datacenter space is $x,000/rack, $xxx,000 a row, $x,x00,000 a cage with a $x00,000/month in op-ex. Headcount is in FTE. All-in cost of a head is basically double their salary (with diminishing returns above around $100,000.)

It doesn't have to be a pipe dream.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Anyone here happen to be familiar with Lantronix SLBs? I've got one in the field that is unreachable, and even the LCD screen is seems to be frozen. I'm wondering if there's a way to reboot it without affecting the connected devices. If I could get console access, I would just issue an "admin reboot" command, but console is unresponsive as well.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

alg posted:

Yeah I can't see how this can be blamed on Obummer. Blame the hospital. They're charging 5k for an xray, they can pay their IT staff.

To be fair, they charge so much because those scanning machines cost over $1 million each. Throw multiple types of scanners into a hospital and the costs add up quick - and utilization is unpredictable. The hospital I worked at went from almost 200% utilization of the MRI machine (e.g. running all-but constantly 16 hours a day) over a six month period to 25/30% utilization for the following 10 months.

Also, the "5k for an xray" is retail. The real cost is usually 40% of that, which is what the insurance companies pay (or you pay on an HDHP). This sort of retail vs group price chicanery is one reason the medical industry is so opaque and, while the ACA did nothing to make it worse outside of encouraging conglomeration, did nothing to address the actual issues of cost in the medical industry. It's another law passed by politicians who don't bother to get any kind of understanding of an industry before they decide that they will "fix" it.

nitrogen
May 21, 2004

Oh, what's a 217°C difference between friends?
Seriously. Medical Billing is basically, "Whatever we can get away with."

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

My question is why do MRI machines still cost so much? Because they can? I'd think the tech would get cheaper as time goes on.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

GreenNight posted:

My question is why do MRI machines still cost so much? Because they can? I'd think the tech would get cheaper as time goes on.

They used to cost the equivalent of $50 million when you inflation adjust for when they were first introduced back in the early 1980s. That they only cost $3 milliion today brand new for a high end unit is a pretty big drop in price.

You do still need to use a bunch of expensive materials and do a bunch of expensive testing to make the things, it's not like a regular computer where if something breaks who gives a poo poo and 99% of the components are made of sand and plastic.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Look just tell me when I can have one in my home for a grand.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Plus I think they use liquid helium for cooling. I know when something gets stuck to the machine like an office chair then they have to power down the machine and its literally money out the window.

Aww the term is "quench" here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SOUJP5dFEg
Another mri video because they're cool https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BBx8BwLhqg

Coredump fucked around with this message at 19:34 on May 20, 2016

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I know for some of those machines, they use specialized materials that are finite in supply. For instance one isotope used in those scans in made by one specialized reactor in North America, and produces a couple ounces a year.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

nitrogen posted:

Seriously. Medical Billing is basically, "Whatever we can get away with."

Not for long. CMS has been retooling its payment structures and phasing in a value-based payment model for Medicare/Medicaid claims, which make up a hefty majority of most hospitals' revenue streams.

The end goal of the payment model shift is that providers stop getting paid for "what did you do to this patient" and start getting paid for "what did you actually fix" and "are you doing things to keep population you serve healthy".

GreenNight posted:

MRI machines come in different sizes and strengths so cost really depends on how much resolution is needed. There are low-strength MRIs in the sub-1-Tesla range that are on the cheap end of the spectrum and super-high-powered machines on the upper end (9-10 T) that are in the multi-millions for just the machine itself.

Sometimes the room it's in costs just as much as the machine for a few reasons. MRIs are giant superconducting magnets, so they have to be supercooled by liquid helium around the clock. Shutting one down temporarily is more expensive and potentially dangerous than leaving it on 24x7. The magnetic field of an MRI is so strong that the entire imaging suite has to be carefully engineered around the device for safety so you don't turn the furniture into projectiles. YouTube has a lot of entertaining and frightening results for "MRI projectile". On a sadder note, in the early 2000's a child's head got crushed by a flying oxygen tank during an MRI procedure. A lot of money has to go into carefully controlling both the device and its surroundings.

Only a handful of companies make MRIs due to how complicated they are. They require so much engineering and oversight that some Silicon Valley startup couldn't just come in and "disrupt" the medical imaging industry like they do fitness trackers and light bulbs and WiFi toilets. They'd have to have hundreds of millions of real dollars (not VC valuation Monopoly money bullshit) to put toward R&D to make a real dent in anything and not get sued into oblivion if their machine either didn't work or gave bad results. (Theranos 2: Electric Boogaloo)

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Cenodoxus posted:

Not for long. CMS has been retooling its payment structures and phasing in a value-based payment model for Medicare/Medicaid claims, which make up a hefty majority of most hospitals' revenue streams.

The end goal of the payment model shift is that providers stop getting paid for "what did you do to this patient" and start getting paid for "what did you actually fix" and "are you doing things to keep population you serve healthy".

MRI machines come in different sizes and strengths so cost really depends on how much resolution is needed. There are low-strength MRIs in the sub-1-Tesla range that are on the cheap end of the spectrum and super-high-powered machines on the upper end (9-10 T) that are in the multi-millions for just the machine itself.

Sometimes the room it's in costs just as much as the machine for a few reasons. MRIs are giant superconducting magnets, so they have to be supercooled by liquid helium around the clock. Shutting one down temporarily is more expensive and potentially dangerous than leaving it on 24x7. The magnetic field of an MRI is so strong that the entire imaging suite has to be carefully engineered around the device for safety so you don't turn the furniture into projectiles. YouTube has a lot of entertaining and frightening results for "MRI projectile". On a sadder note, in the early 2000's a child's head got crushed by a flying oxygen tank during an MRI procedure. A lot of money has to go into carefully controlling both the device and its surroundings.

Only a handful of companies make MRIs due to how complicated they are. They require so much engineering and oversight that some Silicon Valley startup couldn't just come in and "disrupt" the medical imaging industry like they do fitness trackers and light bulbs and WiFi toilets. They'd have to have hundreds of millions of real dollars (not VC valuation Monopoly money bullshit) to put toward R&D to make a real dent in anything and not get sued into oblivion if their machine either didn't work or gave bad results. (Theranos 2: Electric Boogaloo)

Thank you for the effort post, this was highly interesting.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Arsten posted:

To be fair, they charge so much because those scanning machines cost over $1 million each. Throw multiple types of scanners into a hospital and the costs add up quick - and utilization is unpredictable. The hospital I worked at went from almost 200% utilization of the MRI machine (e.g. running all-but constantly 16 hours a day) over a six month period to 25/30% utilization for the following 10 months.

Also, the "5k for an xray" is retail. The real cost is usually 40% of that, which is what the insurance companies pay (or you pay on an HDHP). This sort of retail vs group price chicanery is one reason the medical industry is so opaque and, while the ACA did nothing to make it worse outside of encouraging conglomeration, did nothing to address the actual issues of cost in the medical industry. It's another law passed by politicians who don't bother to get any kind of understanding of an industry before they decide that they will "fix" it.

Are you seriously defending medical billing and pricing in the US ITT?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

RFC2324 posted:

I know for some of those machines, they use specialized materials that are finite in supply. For instance one isotope used in those scans in made by one specialized reactor in North America, and produces a couple ounces a year.

Helium itself is in rapidly dwindling supply, I believe.

Arsten
Feb 18, 2003

Cenodoxus posted:

Which brings along its own host of problems. People who need chronic care are screwed under the new payment model. Well, moreso than the current model. And regular patients who might have a more difficult disease (do you have the flu or meningitis? You present with flu-like symptoms and a doctor will tell you fluids and bed rest. If you get admitted a day later to the ER with meningitis, that doctor loses a significant portion of his income from seeing you. So he either runs every test (which isn't in his budget because a perfect outcome is way below comprehensive testing costs) or he gets paid minimum wage for some patients that happen to be snow flakes.

This payment change is all about what the insurance industry wants and not whats best in terms of care for a patient.

DigitalMocking posted:

Are you seriously defending medical billing and pricing in the US ITT?

Are you seriously saying that every doctor, hospital staff, and hospital administrator in the country is deliberately trying to rip every single patient off?

Oh, right. Assumptive extrapolations are stupid.

I was explaining the reason the billings were so high in relation to scan procedures - most people don't understand the cost to run most of those machines. That is not the same as "defending." If you want to know my stance on health care costs: Stop letting any part of the health care, pharmaceutical, and insurance industry write and pay for legislation that benefits them and screws every one else - especially the patients. Then you wouldn't get situations where hospitals are required by contract with the insurance carriers to bill you at "retail" rates (which they almost always knock down to "settle" your bill) - mandates which are in place so that they can then advertise to potential clients (mainly employers) that "Our plans drop retail pricing down by 60%!"

Health care in the US is a vast squishy network of backroom shenanigans and hoopla, perpetuated not just by industry interacting with itself and the patients, but those industries buying rights from the government.

Edit:

Inspector_666 posted:

Helium itself is in rapidly dwindling supply, I believe.
It is, because the US is the primary producer and a reserve was made in Texas somewhere that the government required people to send their helium to. In 1996, this requirement was stripped but the federal pricing has remained in effect, making it unattractive for private producers to get involved.

The last estimate I saw was that the reserve would be exhausted by 2020 (which was in 2010 or so).

Arsten fucked around with this message at 20:26 on May 20, 2016

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Everyone start buying helium balloon tanks and storing them.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Arsten posted:

Are you seriously saying that every doctor, hospital staff, and hospital administrator in the country is deliberately trying to rip every single patient off?

Doctors, no, I'm sure there's one or two out there who might actually give a poo poo about their patients.

Hospital administrators on the other hand are some of the worst human beings I've ever met and worked for, and I worked for futures and commodity traders at Enron. Hospital administrators are far, far worse.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Sweet. Another Health care debate. Can the Canadians please tell us how good they have it again.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Cenodoxus posted:

OK smarty pants, why do Texas Instruments graphing calculators still cost as much now as they did when I was in high school when any teenager's smartphone can do just as much if not more?

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

HatfulOfHollow posted:

Everyone needs to know that you've obtained the rank of Powerful Genius in DevOps League. It's an important title.

I put DevOps League cert on my LinkedIn. I consider it a litmus test: if the recruiter doesn't "get it", I don't want to waste my time.

Fiendish Dr. Wu fucked around with this message at 21:24 on May 20, 2016

Dark Helmut
Jul 24, 2004

All growns up

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

I put DevOps League cert on my LinkedIn. I consider it a litmus test: if the recruiter doesn't "get it", I don't want to waste my time.

gently caress.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Dark Helmut posted:

gently caress.

Hahaha :cheers:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

jaegerx posted:

Sweet. Another Health care debate. Can the Canadians please tell us how good they have it again.

*autism intensifies*

Japanese Dating Sim
Nov 12, 2003

hehe
Lipstick Apathy

CLAM DOWN posted:

*autism intensifies*

Probably from all of your free vaccines.

Cenodoxus
Mar 29, 2012

while [[ true ]] ; do
    pour()
done

Coredump posted:

Everyone start buying helium balloon tanks and storing them.

It is the year 2030. The world's helium supply has been severely depleted by overpopulation and an explosive rise in children's birthday parties. Electric cars have made fossil fuels obsolete. Petroleum is considered drilling waste and is pumped straight into the Gulf of Mexico. Gas harvesters are buying up massive tracts of land in the now defunct oil fields of Texas in search of helium deposits.

In this dystopian hell where Texas is somehow once again relevant in the global economy, one man must fight to save his homestead from ruthless squeaky-voiced helium barons.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

jaegerx posted:

EMR systems are just bad and bring out the angry in all of us on either side of the border.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyNack Sassimov
May 4, 2006

Let the robot win.
            --Captain James T. Vader

CLAM DOWN posted:

*autism intensifies*

Dude, almost 15 minutes to jump in? You're loving slipping, my man. Used to be we could expect a CLAM DOWN post about the superiority of Canadian healthcare before the ink was even dry on the previous post mentioning something even vaguely related to American healthcare.

Are you getting enough free meds? You may want to up your stimulant dose, get you back on top of quick response shitposting. This forum is so much worse better when you're at the top of your game.