Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
So what is Lucas Hood's real name anyway?
Ace O'Riordan
Dennis Mitchell
Guggenheim McFrankenbutt
Hood Lucas
Norman Krasner
This poll is stupid and undermines the thematic point being made by keeping Lucas Hood's real name a secret.
gaaaaaaaaary
View Results

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VagueRant posted:

The preview has me unhyped.

I'm just really worried they're going to be too scared to kill off major characters or change any status quo beyond Hood inevitably leaving.

It should really end with Banshee being a smoking crater after the inevitable Cartel vs Aryans vs Blackwater (or whoever the Senator is going to get Kai) war for the drugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Nah, they killed Blackwater last season with Colonel Crazyeyes.

I have no idea what the senator is going to do.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Last ep Friday right? :(

Disgusting Coward
Feb 17, 2014
Series ends when Hood goes back to New York with Job, and meets a redhead in a bar.

Her name? Kimmy Schmidt.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

If this was just another season i would say whatever, but this as the last season of one of my favorite shows is like sex that starts super hot but 40 minutes in to it no one has came and we both are tired and bored and we just watch a movie instead. I mean satanists? Really? Are we in the 80's and that is still a thing people think happens?

And i get that the budget was shrunk(still waiting on numbers for this though) but that shouldn't affect the story too much. I just wanted a good sendoff with a story that tied everything together and one great fight scene, still hoping the finale blows me away.

Crash74
May 11, 2009
hopefully it doesn't go out like the wispy fart of such series as Dexter or the Sopranos

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
So, tonight's the night! For better or worse, the story of Lucas Hood & Banshee wraps up in a couple of hours.

Requiem
Overview: Resolved to leave Banshee, Lucas learns that the murder case he thought was finally closed may in fact be opening again. After a tense faceoff with Calvin and the Brotherhood, Proctor looks to finalize his deal with the Colombians. Carrie takes aim at one final act of vengeance. Brock demands allegiance from Bunker as Banshee braces for an uncertain future.

I know a lot of people, including myself, have felt pretty let down with how this season played out. Between the budget cuts (which I will admit I didn't see coming, I sincerely thought that the 8 episode season was a creative decision until the episodes started airing), the serial killer arc, and lack of insane action scenes compared to previous seasons (partly due to the budget), it's been a bit of a bummer. I think that when I go back and watch the series again, I'll appreciate this season more with the ability to binge through it all in a sitting or two, but a lot of that will depend on tonight. Either way, right now I'm excited, a bit sad, and anxious to see this show (hopefully) go out with the bang it deserves.

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 03:01 on May 21, 2016

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ladies and gents, it's been a drat fun ride. I can't watch until tomorrow morning, but I'm excited for the finish! :cheers:

richardfun
Aug 10, 2008

Twenty years? It's no wonder I'm so hungry. Do you have anything to eat?
I just powered through the first three seasons again. And even though this season hasn't been as insane as the other ones, I'm still excited to see how it ends.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
:rip:

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
This finale was amazing.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
What happened after Job set the bag down on front of Sugar at the end? A storm rolled in and my directv went out. Great timing.

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011
that was a really fuckin good finale

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

LoG posted:

What happened after Job set the bag down on front of Sugar at the end? A storm rolled in and my directv went out. Great timing.

Job gives Sugar enough money to leave the bar for good. He leaves, with a classic Job line. Hood and Sugar have a moment. Proctor goes Scarface on cartel members showing up to kill him. Hood leaves alive, on the same bike he came in on.

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
Cool, thanks. Awesome finale and I'm sad it's gone.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Brock/Bunker 2016

also ARG we don't know if Proctor died or not ugh

Crusty Nutsack fucked around with this message at 05:09 on May 21, 2016

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Brock/Bunter 2016

brock/bunker spinoff please, they can resolve proctor then

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

That was a good finale after a pretty mediocre season.

Calvin getting smacked down by the Senator was way more satisfying than the beatdown that Kirk gave him. But it did remind me that Sheriff Brock has a sweet loving house.

Of course Burton would have a super creepy doll collection in his creepy secret murder dungeon.

The final Job and Sugar scene :3: and then the final post credits scene with Sugar leaving the bar for good was nice.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 05:00 on May 21, 2016

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Fantastic final episode. I knew Burton had to be behind Rebecca's death, and it was fitting for Hood to let Kai finish him. Great goodbyes, everything tied up well, and the post-credit Sugar scene was icing on the cake. I would have loved one last action scene that lived up to S3, but that was probably never in the cards. Regardless, I was hoping the show would stick the landing and it did.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

When Burton was choking Hood I thought the flashback implied he would use that destructive elbow block he learned from the Albino, which would have been a neat throwback. And maybe have Sugar sell the bar to Deva or Carrie for a dollar before he leaves.

Season was weak overall but the finale was a nice ending for a pretty tremendous show.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Yea weak season but a great wrap up. Everyone went out or got wrapped up like you exepected but it was good. Do hope Brock/Bunter get some quiet years though, they deserve it.

egoslicer
Jun 13, 2007
What a great show, and such a great way to wrap it up. Cast farewell here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asKScFuQ5U

And maybe a successor?

http://deadline.com/2015/05/bruce-lee-crime-drama-warrior-justin-lin-cinemax-1201430580/

egoslicer fucked around with this message at 06:54 on May 21, 2016

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I did not get to see Sugar kill a man with his bare hands. Four years down the drain.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You can tell the budget was absolutely slashed. Breaks my heart. What a waste, gently caress everyone who didn't appreciate what an amazing show this was.

Great finale for what they were given to work with. Truly sad to see the show end. When Hood and Carrie were saying goodbye and having the black/white flashbacks, I caught myself getting really sad because I was saying goodbye to some of my favorite TV characters.

I cannot say it enough, but I loved Banshee. It was cliché at times, but I've never had more fun watching TV. I stayed in from parties sometimes just to watch this live. I appreciate every bit of entertainment given to me by this show. Everyone involved should be proud of themselves.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Thought it was decent. A little disappointed about what could have been, I thought they played it a little safe, but it was a perfectly serviceable sendoff.

Things I liked:
  • In the opening credits, Hoon Lee's name had a picture of a hand flipping off some cows. Great callback to my favourite Job moment.
  • The river looked rad and had nice cinematography. It wasn't the SAME river from season 1, was it? Because it kinda looked like it.
  • The Brothers Bunker fight. Compared to the choppily edited quick fight scenes in the rest of the season, this one was longer and had a lot of static, clear shots, and even wide-angles so you could really see every hit and it was nice and brutal. I also thought the actor who plays Kurt did a really great job.
  • Pretty much every scene with Brock. Good funny moments. I think in a weird way, he's the heart of the show. (Although his denouement about basically being pro-police corruption is a little...Worrying.)
  • The way they handled Carrie and Hood's relationship. They love each other, but they're not in a romance per se.
  • "Banshee, Pennsylvania...Suck mah tit!" *Job out*
  • That variant on the theme tune at the very end. Please tell me that's going to get released!

Things I didn't like:
  • Felt like even at the end they didn't really know what to do with Carrie/Ana. :smith: She appears in a truck (given her lack of weapons, we have to assume Job killed all those dudes), then ducks and then has a house. The end. At least she got the line about being Carrie.
  • Deva. "I guess I'm off to college now, bye." Just had nothing to offer the story at any point, really.
  • The Hood/Burton fight wasn't anything special. And Hood fighting back from unconsciousness with the power of fatherly love was a bit weak. It works as a character piece, but I think they needed to change the context within the fight to something more satisfying. (Like him barely being able to stand up from Burton pummelling him, and then finding that dogged drive to just keep standing and keep fighting, instead of his inner strength disregarding the need for air in his lungs or whatever)
  • The pacing of some of the scenes was intolerably slow. Way too many shots of cars and roads.
  • I know this is weird, but I really wanted Kai to end up shirtless with his consistently surprising amounts of muscle and his insane crucifixion tattoo. Think that would've made that final shot even crazier.
  • Total nitpick: but why the gently caress didn't they cut to credits on the shot of him driving behind the "leaving: BANSHEE" sign instead of having that longshot of him just literally fading out on a road?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Of course Burton would have a super creepy doll collection in his creepy secret murder dungeon.
Hah! Yeah, that was so weird.

egoslicer posted:

What a great show, and such a great way to wrap it up. Cast farewell here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_asKScFuQ5U
Aww, everyone loves Ivana. Matt Servito is rad. And Anthony Starr's accent throws me every time. Also oh hey, we found out how old Deva's actress was - I'd been guessing anywhere between 14-24.

Also Matt Servito apparently wrote this little piece:
https://medium.com/@frankieservitto/a-love-letter-to-my-banshee-family-4a124b404514#.gukwwc57l

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 11:32 on May 21, 2016

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

A fitting end to a cracking show. It's a shame not more people are aware of it.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Huh. Apparently Lili Simmons (Rebecca) and Tom Pelphrey (Kurt Bunker) are in a relationship. That's a fun story. "Well, mom, I met him when he had this nazi tattoo on his face and I knew right then..."

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Pretty lackluster finale. I almost wish Rebecca had been killed by Satanists given how they didn't even bother to explain Burton's motives beyond "She made Kai weak." His fight with Hood lacked the brutality almost every other fight in the show had, as mentioned even the Bunker/Calvin fight scene came off better.

Really mediocre wrap up to everything, and generally a pretty weak season.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
I just shotgunned the back half of the season this morning.

A bumpy ride, but that finale almost made up for it. Wow.

GobiasIndustries, thanks for picking up the slack after I started letting episodes pile up. Now if you'll excuse me, it's getting real dusty in this room...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
drat almost nobody watched this show. Around 390k for the finale lol

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So how did they close out the younger asthmatics son's storyline?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Solice Kirsk posted:

He had a storyline?

He just went to live with Gordon's parents after Gordon died. Not that we even saw him during season 3 (or 2?)

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Carrie mentions that he's coming to stay with her at the very end. (Implying she got custody.)

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Loved the finale loved the series love everyone involved with it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

VagueRant posted:

Things I liked:[list]
[*]In the opening credits, Hoon Lee's name had a picture of a hand flipping off some cows. Great callback to my favourite Job moment.

I'm glad somebody mentioned this :haw:

Also that farewell was so :unsmith: and sweet and nice

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Brock/Bunker 2016

He absolutely died, if not there then soon enough. Cartels don't stop coming.

PaybackJack posted:

Pretty lackluster finale. I almost wish Rebecca had been killed by Satanists given how they didn't even bother to explain Burton's motives beyond "She made Kai weak." His fight with Hood lacked the brutality almost every other fight in the show had, as mentioned even the Bunker/Calvin fight scene came off better.

Really mediocre wrap up to everything, and generally a pretty weak season.

He's acting after her specifically starting to steal and trying to pull her own stuff behind Kai's back.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I'll admit I was really excited to finally see Hood vs Burton. This show gave me the greatest fight scenes on TV, ever, and they produced THAT. Did they have to fire the fight coordinators?

Crash74
May 11, 2009
This last ep was p good, rip banshee.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

AAA DOLFAN posted:

I'll admit I was really excited to finally see Hood vs Burton. This show gave me the greatest fight scenes on TV, ever, and they produced THAT. Did they have to fire the fight coordinators?

Which one was the best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ratjaculation posted:

Which one was the best?

I'll bite on this:

1. Nola v. Burton

(and the rest of my rankings)

2. Carrie v. Olek